Author Topic: ASH VS EVIL DEAD  (Read 6021 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
ASH VS EVIL DEAD
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »

Holy shit...this actually looks solid?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: ASH VS EVIL DEAD
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »
The CGI Bruce Campbell looks pretty good.

benjipwns

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
He's kinda looking like Mitt Romney. Maybe it's me.

Maybe Mitt Romney should star in a zombie movie.

Robots vs. Zombies is probably a crappy Steam/Android game.

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »
I'm ORGASMING IN MY PANTS AND EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

THE ENTIRE MEDIUM OF TELEVISION WAS A TEST RUN FOR THIS

NOTHING ELSE ON TV HAS EVER MATTERED OR WILL EVER MATTER EXCEPT FOR THIS SHOW

Holy shit...this actually looks solid?

Go fuck yourself. I was a believer from the start :rejoice

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:07 PM »
BRUCE CAMPBELL STILL GOT IT
SAM RAIMI STILL GOT IT
dog

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
I wish I lived in a world where Drag Me to Hell made tons of money and Sam Raimi didn't go back to blockbuster movies.

This does look pretty dang solid so far though, and yes, Bruce Campbell looks like Mitt Romney now. I'm also looking forward to his soon to be coming portrayal of Ronald Reagan in season two of Fargo.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
Only if it has tree rape

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 12:01:54 AM »
Only if it has tree rape

Technically, all tree sex is tree rape because trees can't consent.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 01:03:49 AM »
Only if it has tree rape

What if the tree is a 1000 year old demon tho? :ohhh

benjipwns

Enl

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 01:23:12 AM »
Only if it has tree rape

But if the tree already had wood at the time of the deed doesn't that mean it's already consented?  :idont

BTW that trailer looks frickin fantastic. Definitely feels like it has the soul of the films.
mmm

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 03:05:29 AM »
Fuck this looks so goddamn good!
zzzzz

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 04:05:57 AM »
I AM SO EXCITE FOR THIS, I AM BORROWING EXTRA BONERS FROM ASSORTED FAKE SHEMPS AND BEST BOYS AND GRIPS FOR THIS.

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 11:11:06 AM »
http://www.wired.com/2015/07/ash-vs-evil-dead-panel/

• Sam Raimi on how working with Bruce has changed since they made the first Evil Dead: “It was really cool to see him play this old character, but now with some skill as an actor… Ash is a heel and a coward and a blowhard, and Bruce was somehow able to tap into those things about himself.”

• As far as Easter eggs and series staples go, what can we expect from the show? “You’ve got to have the boom stick,” says Campbell. “It’s mandatory. He’s got to have a chainsaw on the end of his hand. It’s mandatory. What do you do with that? You cut the shit out of any deadite that gets near you.” And when asked if Ash’s mechanical arm will make an appearance, Raimi cryptically responded, “You won’t see that specific hand…”

• We can also expect lots of trash talk before, after and during the slaying of deadites; enough blood to almost choke Campbell to death (“I choked on blood. For you!”); lots of pus (Lawless’ favorite practical effect from shooting); the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis; and the supervillains Freddy and Jason, but on the strict condition that Ash gets to “kill both of those losers.” Okay, we can’t expect that last part at all, but a fan asked if they’d show up and that was the answer Bruce gave.

• Is Ted Raimi in the show? Unfortunately not, but Raimi hopes to bring him on in the second season if they get one, and Campbell says “We need him to play seven characters every episode.”

• And when asked what another movie would be like, Raimi gave perhaps the most satisfying answer possible, saying that he and Campbell loved the 2013 Evil Dead remake from Fede Alvarez so much they really want to do a shared universe movie with Ash and Mia, the reboot’s blood-bathed heroine.

• Did anything else happen? Yeah. Campbell invited a handful of Ash cosplayers onto the stage and had the audience vote of which one did the best job recreating his costume. In a decision fueled by personal bias, Campbell selected the young woman who took a pinup approach to his character in a spectacle that Lawless accurately characterized as “straight out of the 1950s.” A lovable scamp ’til the end!

:bow

nudemacusers

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 11:13:37 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees#Individual_trees_with_verified_ages
someone needs to legit make a parody dating game for ancient trees in the vein of a japanese creep dating sim.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
“It was really cool to see him play this old character, but now with some skill as an actor… Ash is a heel and a coward and a blowhard, and Bruce was somehow able to tap into those things about himself.”

:heh
dog

bluemax

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees#Individual_trees_with_verified_ages
someone needs to legit make a parody dating game for ancient trees in the vein of a japanese creep dating sim.

Well I did need something to help me learn Twine...
NO

Himu

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »
I NEED THIS SHOW NOW
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »
BRUCE CAMPBELL DONT PAY NO TAX

Enl

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 02:24:44 PM »

The entire Comic Con panel. Well worth the watch just for Bruce and Sam's back and forth humor alone.
mmm

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »
Easily the greatest television event of the 21st or any other century

:rejoice
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
I wish Willco was alive to see this.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
I wish Willco was alive to see this.

:larry
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »
RIP Willco
©@©™

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 09:07:28 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 09:27:50 PM »
 :gladbron

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »
Pretty much going to be the best event in the history of entertainment
yar

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
Pretty much going to be the best event in the history of entertainment
We should watch this best event together.

You'd be in some sort of hutch. I've sorted out the pros and cons for you in this scenario below:

Good:

Weight loss
Healthy vegetable meals
Free place to sleep
No old folk
Oak structure
Rape proof mesh
Fresh daily hay

Bad:

I know where you live!!!!!!

Ok that's a joke!
:{]

Tasty

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/10/nycc-bruce-campbell-is-sure-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-get-a-second-season/

“There’s no official announcement, but we’ve had to do things to get ready for a second season that they have allowed us to do,” he said during a gathering with journalists at New York Comic Con. “Like keeping warehouses and extending leases, so all the indications are there.”

Look, we got a second season the minute there were 15 million views on Facebook for the trailer,” continued the fan-favorite actor. “That was our second season right there, I can tell you right now. They were like, ‘Got it! We know this show now!’ They were finally convinced of its following.”

Hail to the king, baby.

Bebpo

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »
When does this start?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 02:08:59 AM »
Halloween :rock
yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 02:30:13 AM »
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/10/nycc-bruce-campbell-is-sure-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-get-a-second-season/

“There’s no official announcement, but we’ve had to do things to get ready for a second season that they have allowed us to do,” he said during a gathering with journalists at New York Comic Con. “Like keeping warehouses and extending leases, so all the indications are there.”

Look, we got a second season the minute there were 15 million views on Facebook for the trailer,” continued the fan-favorite actor. “That was our second season right there, I can tell you right now. They were like, ‘Got it! We know this show now!’ They were finally convinced of its following.”

Hail to the king, baby.

Before you get too excited, If starz greenlights your show to begin with you're pretty much guaranteed a second season. Being a premi cable channel they tend to pick up shows in 2 season blocks.  This supposedly saves them money in the long run set/production wise. They did/do this with Spartacus, Black Sails etc.

Basically, while hype is definitely high, it's still like 70% marketing fluff.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 02:45:17 AM »
well, the extremely positive notices of the premiere episode at the NY Comic-Con probably haven't hurt either.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 02:56:15 AM »
course not  :P

Tasty

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
This is only a week away. :hyper

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:33 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »
told y'all

Tasty

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »
told y'all

Well Bruce told us all first...

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »
Felt the same Wrath. Best part was the first six or so minutes which were all Ash. Favorite bit being when he realized what he did with the necronomicon and let out a classic "fuuuuuck"

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »
Evil Dead always been wack, maybe you'll realize it now. Forced humor that isn't even funny, and it's not scary so what's the appeal.

Tasty

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »
Man I wish I could say I liked this more than I did, but it was just OK  :-\

Ash was great, Bruce Campbell still has it. But that supporting cast hasn't really done much for me. Xena will probably be cool, though. It's still a pilot and I'm watching the full season anyway, hopefully it picks up.

Felt the same Wrath. Best part was the first six or so minutes which were all Ash. Favorite bit being when he realized what he did with the necronomicon and let out a classic "fuuuuuck"

Evil Dead always been wack, maybe you'll realize it now. Forced humor that isn't even funny, and it's not scary so what's the appeal.

:drudge قتل الكافر :drudge

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
Wasn't perfect but it was pretty entertaining. Definitely a good start. I never expected it to be amazing from the jump, it'll find it's footing as long as it doesn't completely bomb.

The explanation for the return of the Deadites was pretty brilliant in it's utter simplicity.
nat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »
It dragged in parts but was still awesome. Y'all just some jaded ass mafuckas round here.

:yeshrug
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »
I'm not really a fan of the first one.  I think the remake was actually a better movie.  I'd go ED2 > AoD > ED Remake > ED1.

Hopefully the TV show ends up at least being better than ED1.

It dragged in parts but was still awesome. Y'all just some jaded ass mafuckas round here.

:yeshrug

Yeah, was fine.  It's no Drag Me To Hell (which is secretly Evil Dead 4) so far but it's a good start.  Wasn't really a fan of how sleezeball they made Ash at the start though.  I don't remember him being skeevy to the point of basically raping women in the old movies. 

Tasty

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 01:08:37 AM »
The remake was some good ironic horror and Mia is a treasure.

Tasty

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »
Yeah, was fine.  It's no Drag Me To Hell (which is secretly Evil Dead 4) so far but it's a good start.  Wasn't really a fan of how sleezeball they made Ash at the start though.  I don't remember him being skeevy to the point of basically raping women in the old movies.

Rewatch Army of Darkness.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 01:57:02 AM »
Yeah I feel like you can totally see AoD Ash tell some bullshit story get laid at least once year. He's a born bullshitter with a heart of gold. He'll always do the easy way first but he'll be there when it counts kinda guy.

Bebpo

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 02:33:33 AM »
Yeah I feel like you can totally see AoD Ash tell some bullshit story get laid at least once year. He's a born bullshitter with a heart of gold. He'll always do the easy way first but he'll be there when it counts kinda guy.

It's less telling a bs story to get laid (that's fine and in character for Ash) and more finding a drunk person and getting them blackout drunk before having sex with them.  That was just kind of...disturbing and not really with the goofy slapstick nature of the series post ED2.  That's actually more in line with ED1's tree rape stuff, which is one of the reasons why ED1 is not particularly great.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 03:26:32 AM »
 ???

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 06:41:06 AM »
my problem with that scene was more to the fact that he was actually successful in getting laid with the bullshit story. IMO he should have failed
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 08:13:13 AM »
Just watched it. Awesome show was awesome. Ash was a jerk in AoD, and it's been a screwball series since ED2. Life is good.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »
Watched it. It was enjoyable. Good not great which is about what I expected.

It's less telling a bs story to get laid (that's fine and in character for Ash) and more finding a drunk person and getting them blackout drunk before having sex with them.  That was just kind of...disturbing and not really with the goofy slapstick nature of the series post ED2.  That's actually more in line with ED1's tree rape stuff, which is one of the reasons why ED1 is not particularly great.

This is a pet peeve of mine but when two people have sex and they drink its not automatically rape. Skeevy people sometimes get drunk and have sex. It's not always rape. And somebody hanging out at bar and drinking having sex and especially in this context was consensual. They are both losers. The women is not automatically a victim in this situation. Although the situation of having sex in the bar is improbable and a dumb male fantasy. So sexist? Maybe. Rape? No. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »
Ep2 and 3 were a lot better than ep1.  The comedy writing and timing is much more in the groove and ep3 even had pretty great special effects.  Definitely enjoying the show at this point.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2015, 05:09:30 AM »
Ep 3 was probably the strongest so far to me. Great FX on the bad tonight, humor hit ("You two learned a lesson today, cops never help") and overall direction was great (Michael J Bassett)

Bebpo

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2015, 05:21:25 PM »
Ep 3 was probably the strongest so far to me. Great FX on the bad tonight, humor hit ("You two learned a lesson today, cops never help") and overall direction was great (Michael J Bassett)

Yeah, that line and the delivery was great.  Reminded me of the lessons guy from Arrested Development.  Ep2's scene where they break into the front door chainsaws flying was hilarious as well.  If I break out laughing at least once an ep I'm pretty satisfied. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm on Team Ep. 3 as well. That was a heap of fun, and the shenanigans with the cop were pretty much perfect Raimi-esque bad decisions lead to goofball antics. Also the effects on the demon were super.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:31 AM »
Lucy Lawless is still amazingly hot.