Author Topic: LawBreakers (Cliff Bleszinski)  (Read 11824 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: LawBreakers (Cliff Bleszinski)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
With Lawbreakers flopping and Microsoft sitting without exclusives I expect Cliffy B will join team green soon enough to work on a new exclusive for Xbox One.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »
What about the new quake? Was that any good?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2018, 09:50:21 PM »
What about the new quake? Was that any good?

Q3A arena fans HATE it.  Find out the one thing that makes it shit. Click here: (Overwatch clone)

Quake 3 fans/diehards stick with Quake Live. People that want MOBA shit in an Arena shooter are kinda playing it, but it's not lighting the world on fire (and Steam charges $30 for it) so... yeah...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:54 AM »
oh it was in a humble monthly, that's why i have quake champions, maybe i should try to play that before it dies off completely

it seems that is trying a $5 entry model, you get the first champion and some limitations, with the full version at $30 (also it's technically still in early access)

similarly Toxikk is "free" but you have to level up and stuff before you can play every map, etc. with $15 for the full game

if anything i do like that all these titles are trying to find some kind of sweet spot of entry, Siege putting up the $15 version did incredibly well for them, as did BO III with a similar $15 model (though neither IW or WWII used it oddly) with Siege then making more money off the Year packs and BOIII the upgrade to the full game (discounted!) if you want to prestige, have more than so many "heroes", zombies, campaign, etc.

the only actual complaint i have for those is that Siege should have done like BOIII did and made you a "normal" user if you bought anything further, i only bought the $15 version because at the time i didn't expect them to support the title like they have so now i'm stuck having to grind 20x as much as normal players lol, i bought a year pack too! sure it was because of a pricing error and i got it for $12 and it unlocked a bunch of stuff but STILL! EQUAL REKNOWN FOR EQUAL WORK!

i have to imagine a key reason BO III's numbers haven't tanked to near nothing is because of that $15 starter pack (though it's still dropped off way more severely than its predecessors did at the same point in the lifecycle...except AW which to me always seemed to be hurt by bad timing regarding a PC spec requirements jump)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »
What

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/9/17207682/radical-heights-battle-royale-boss-key-steam-early-access-f2p

lllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
zzzzz

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »
"Our Overwatch clone failed.  Surely our Fortnight rip-off will do better!"

ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator