Author Topic: Zeruda: Towairaito Purinsesu HD  (Read 11737 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
Re: Zeruda: Towairaito Purinsesu HD
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2016, 03:40:15 PM »
That Ganon puppet is really really rad.
OH!

qq more

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
i might give TP another chance if they tone down the padding, ESPECIALLY the intro
ok

mormapope

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 12:10:39 AM »
Biggest reason why I love Twilight Princess and Windwaker is how big the adventure is and how it feels. Both games have really long tutorial sections that really kill what the games are about.

OH!

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 01:09:09 AM »
I have a feeling the tutorial was lengthened after they added the Wii version to ease people into the motion controls, and that it thus won't be as long in the GamePad/Pro Controller-controlled HD release. We'll see. I doubt the devs could replay up past the first dungeon and think "Yep, nothing wrong with this, onto the next area for potential improvements."

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
wind waker had that bullshit stealth section tho. did the fix that in the remake?
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
wind waker was awesome if you're the type to methodically hunt down every treasure chest. which i am
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:03:02 PM by Positive Touch »
pcp

mormapope

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »
Windwaker is the best Zelda game when it came to exploration and discovery. Not in the traditional sense, where you find loot and get better shit. But in the sense that you see something in the distance and have no idea what it is.

Besides Windwaker and Twilight Princess, every other 3D Zelda game seems puny and lacks the excitement of exploring the world. I think a lot of people forgot how big Twilight Princess is.

It turns out scale is what makes 3D Zelda games great to me.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 02:06:59 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxoAYD8ZW68

Zelda series Amiibo (Toon Link, Ganon, Zelda, Sheik, etc.) give you free arrows and hearts.

Wolf Link Amiibo gives access to A NEW DUNGEON apparently called the Twilight Cave. Whatever you do/get there seems to transfer to Zelda Wii U too.

The GamePad touchscreen can be used for inventory management like Wind Waker HD, and there will be an added Hero Mode that wasn't in the original game which doubles the damage you receive.

Mods Help

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »
Windwaker is the best Zelda game when it came to exploration and discovery. Not in the traditional sense, where you find loot and get better shit. But in the sense that you see something in the distance and have no idea what it is.

Besides Windwaker and Twilight Princess, every other 3D Zelda game seems puny and lacks the excitement of exploring the world. I think a lot of people forgot how big Twilight Princess is.

It turns out scale is what makes 3D Zelda games great to me.

No, that's Majora's Mask. Seeing a fairy tower and not knowing what it is, "where's Epona?", finding the ranch;etc. Majora's Mask is pretty much tops when it comes to exploration because everything adds something to the game and has a purpose.

In Wind Waker, it's usually nothing of worth and a couple hundred rupees at best.

I loved exploring Wind Waker because I was just OCD like that and I had about every tile on that map filled out by the time the triforce hunt occurred. Not sure I'd get the same enjoyment out of it now, though.

Tasty

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 02:53:42 PM »
This sounds like a great remaster, which is surprising.

Is it? WW HD was great. Loads of great tweaks.

OoT 3D and MM 3D were good too.

mormapope

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
There's something about being at sea that does it for me. That combined with the visual style and how the audio design really stuck with me ever since. Majora's Mask has more significant exploration and discovery, but the Termina doesn't draw me in nearly as much as the world in Windwaker.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised how well Twilight Princess has aged. I played the Gamecube version in 2010, long after the hype and backlash completely died down. Was probably the best way to experience it honestly.
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
Twilight Princess also has a severely underrated soundtrack.

OH!

Tasty

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »
I agree with morma. WW and TP are the epitome of vast exploration for me. It's why I don't care if Zelda U is barren overall, cause the stuff they showed ("look at a mountain and you can go there") sound perfect to me and the evokes the original Zelda game pretty well.

Mods Help

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 03:13:57 PM »
TP owns. The backlash should have only been in relation to the story because that dungeon design was amazing. Remember dungeon 5 (I think?) and there's a billion bats in that tomb? Hell yes.

TP is much better than WW and anyone who argues otherwise really...well...I'll disagree wholeheartedly. :P

mormapope

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
Another thing Twilight Princess did really well was Midna and her role as a supporting character. Navi wasn't really that much of a character. Tatl in Majora's Mask was actual character, but was still a glowball light thing with no visual definition.

Midna is a really important character, along with having a ton of character. It felt like you had a legit buddy for the entire adventure, rather than a hidden character that pops up once in a while or a guide that has little to no characteristics.

OH!

Mods Help

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 03:20:17 PM »
Never played SS. Always looked like shit.  :P

Tasty

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
TP owns. The backlash should have only been in relation to the story because that dungeon design was amazing. Remember dungeon 5 (I think?) and there's a billion bats in that tomb? Hell yes.

TP is much better than WW and anyone who argues otherwise really...well...I'll disagree wholeheartedly. :P

TP is the much better game but there's something to be said for the presentation of Wind Waker. I might say it's a better experience for a lot of people. The story has more impact and the lore, visuals, and music are all incredibly top-notch. It's just a little insubstantial compared to its big brothers.

Mods Help

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »
Presentation is good but means very little I think, when comes to measuring a games true worth. It adds to the enjoyment for sure but it's ultimately just gravy.

qq more

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
Biggest reason why I love Twilight Princess and Windwaker is how big the adventure is and how it feels. Both games have really long tutorial sections that really kill what the games are about.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good about TP and it feels like I've been missing out.

I have a feeling the tutorial was lengthened after they added the Wii version to ease people into the motion controls, and that it thus won't be as long in the GamePad/Pro Controller-controlled HD release. We'll see. I doubt the devs could replay up past the first dungeon and think "Yep, nothing wrong with this, onto the next area for potential improvements."
I hope you are right.

Although I am a bit worried at the fact the remake is apparently handled by Funky Barn devs (yes, seriously). :-\ Such an odd choice.
ok

Tasty

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »
Ehh gotta give Nintendo some credit here. No one knew who the fuck Grezzo was but they pulled off a good remake of one of the top three highest-rated games of all time.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
[Amiibo Functionality]

Wolf Link unlocks the Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast area. Clearing this area with the giant's wallet increases your maximum rupee count to 9999.

Link and Toon Link fully replenish your arrows once per day.

Zelda and Shiek fully replenish your hearts once per day

Ganondorf makes you take double damage.
fat

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
lol at the Ganondorf amiibo
WDW

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2016, 05:48:07 PM »
hard mode paid dlc is some serious bullshit
pcp

qq more

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »
so wtf happens when you use the ganondorf amiibo in hero mode? would it stack the difficulty?
ok

qq more

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2016, 07:23:37 AM »
so wtf happens when you use the ganondorf amiibo in hero mode? would it stack the difficulty?

I think the Ganondorf amiibo is the hero mode  :-\
Actually Hero mode is available from the start.

Apparently there was footage of TPHD amiibo usage, I didn't catch it myself since it was taken down. According to some tweets, Ganondorf amiibo stacks the difficulty?
ok

Tasty

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »

I think the Ganondorf amiibo is the hero mode  :-\
Actually Hero mode is available from the start.

Apparently there was footage of TPHD amiibo usage, I didn't catch it myself since it was taken down. According to some tweets, Ganondorf amiibo stacks the difficulty?

Sounds like what I expected.

Tasty

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »

Damn, Link's model looking mighty fine.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »
wolf link dungeon only

püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »
it sounds like its just another cave of ordeals but for the wolf
püp

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
I don't think Nintendo is as of yet not selling an amiibo/game pack. The only way you'd miss out on it is if you bought it digitally.

at least, so it seems so far at least.

SantaC

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »
the dolphin HD texture pack looks way better than Nintendos efforts, but of course fanboygaf side with nintendo 100 times out of 100.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:50 AM »
the dolphin HD texture pack looks way better than Nintendos efforts, but of course fanboygaf side with nintendo 100 times out of 100.
the dolphin pack looks atrocious.
püp

Tasty

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »
TP HD looks like the original textures at original resolution

Dolphin pack looks like fan textures imported from ESIV Oblivion

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SantaC

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2016, 10:58:47 AM »
what a surprise, two of the biggest ninthings come here and defend shitendo immediately

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »
what a surprise, two of the biggest ninthings come here and defend shitendo immediately

I don't really see them as defending Nintendo here in as much as stating that the Dolphin pack doesn't look great. Andrex's post in particular says that Twilight Princess HD doesn't look HD at all.

qq more

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2016, 12:44:25 PM »
what does the dolphin texture pack look like anyways?
ok

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »

I haven't defended Nintendo in ages brah

You continually only come into Nintendo threads to shitpost though
püp

Tasty

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2016, 01:25:29 PM »

New Poe's Lantern item (potential reward for catching 20 Poes, which might make it possible to catch Poes in human form. That's all just speculation though.)

Also various models have been enhanced with added polygons, which shows they're tweaking the graphics beyond a mere texture swap. (Lol Dolphin once again.)

Edit- Also you can switch to/from Wolf form with one tap on the GamePad instead of having to talk to Midna every time.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:43:55 PM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »

I don't really see them as defending Nintendo here in as much as stating that the Dolphin pack doesn't look great. Andrex's post in particular says that Twilight Princess HD doesn't look HD at all.

I didn't mean to imply that. What I meant was that the TP HD textures seem like what the artists originally created in an uncompressed format (assuming they were downsampled for the original release, which I think is a safe bet.) Same case as WW HD I believe.

Edit- Interesting, in some cases this definitely isn't the case, like the street in Castle Town:

Completely different pattern altogether. I would say that overall most of the new textures look like the originals, just uncompressed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:34:51 PM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »
what does the dolphin texture pack look like anyways?

Like a shitty Oblivion.

Tasty

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 02:48:19 AM »

Sideways vine climbing is 33% faster (THANK GOD.)

Link doesn't lose his grip when clawshotting to vines.

Hyrule Field -> Castle Town Square load time is 14% faster.

Castle Town Square -> Castle Town Road load time is 25% faster.

Castle Town Road -> Castle Town Square load time is 30% faster.

Castle Town Square -> Malo Mart load time is 22% faster.

Malo Mart -> Castle Town Square load time is 33% faster.

Not sure whether the Nintendo Minute version was disc or digital though. If disc, then the digital version should be even more improved when it comes to load times.