Author Topic: Zeruda: Towairaito Purinsesu HD  (Read 11563 times)

Tasty

Zeruda: Towairaito Purinsesu HD
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:35:20 PM »

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker have had their moments in the sun.

Now it seems like its the best 3D Zelda's turn to shine. :rejoice

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Zeruda: Towairaito Purinsesu HD
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »
Been released on PC for about 4 years now.

Step your game up, Nintendo.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:38:05 PM »
lmao Nintendo trying to take Sony's crown for most useless uprezzed overpriced ports available
pcp

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 09:45:34 PM »
lmao Nintendo trying to take Sony's crown for most useless uprezzed overpriced ports available

The Shadow of the Colossus one was worth it, the PS2 version has N64 levels of performance. 
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 09:59:40 PM »
Been released on PC for about 4 years now.

Step your game up, Nintendo.

WW HD had a bunch of small tweaks that made the game so much more playable. It's safe to assume it won't just be graphical enhancements.

Though the Dolphin version of TP does look absolutely amazing.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:02 PM »
Well to be fair at least Nintendo's HD remakes weren't previously already in HD.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
Is there any way they can make it less boring without completely redoing the game design?  It needs to be about 50% shorter.

Tasty

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
Is there any way they can make it less boring without completely redoing the game design?  It needs to be about 50% shorter.

:kobeyuck

Uhh no. Maybe the intro. The game's depth and length are pitch-perfect (far better than Okami, anyways. That game should have been half as long.)

Bebpo

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »
Oh wait, TP is not Skyward Sword.

My bad, I actually like TP.  All those dungeons.  Good times.  Thought this was a Skyward Sword remaster.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 11:39:23 PM »
They should have remastered Mario Galaxy first
WDW

Tasty

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 11:44:22 PM »

My bad, I actually like TP.  All those dungeons.  Good times.  Thought this was a Skyward Sword remaster.

I doubt SS will be ported anywhere because of the sword combat. If it is it'll be completely overhauled.

Also: :wtf at thinking this was about SS when I posted a bigass pic of TP art in the OP, plus the trailer. :wtf

Tasty

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 11:45:44 PM »
They should have remastered Mario Galaxy first

That's a game that playing on Dolphin will be the best experience. There's almost nothing Nintendo could change other than graphics to enhance it, it's basically perfect.

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »

I doubt SS will be ported anywhere because of the sword combat. If it is it'll be completely overhauled.

Also: :wtf at thinking this was about SS when I posted a bigass pic of TP art in the OP, plus the trailer. :wtf

SS and some of the DS Zeldas turned me off the series so much that I'm not really much of a Zelda fan anymore and it all kind of blends together.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 01:33:56 AM »
Some of the graphical changes to Wind Waker make it look worse than the GC version running in Dolphin. Nintendo, like every developer did ten years prior, went overboard with crap like bad HDR. A lot of the real time lighting/shadowing makes it look less "animated" than the original ones did. And stuff like "real" explosions vs. the cartoon ones. It messes up the composition of the scenes.

And I've read people happy about this because it's "cleaner", but they fucked up the debris and heat haze combination on Dragon Roost by getting rid of the former and way toning down the latter. When it's one of the best fucking effects of that generation and made me wet myself back in 2003 or whenever it was.

That said, TP wouldn't face many of these issues. Would be cool if they added a "flip back" option so you could play it HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH LEFT-HANDED LINK.

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 01:41:41 AM »
It was meant to be played on the Wii with right-handed Link. :umad

The only thing that annoyed me about WW HD's graphics were the diffused lighting from the Moblin lanterns. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous game and I like the look while sailing on the Great Sea more than the original.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »
Twilight Princess is boring for the first 3 hours, but gets real güd when you get to the far north of Hyrule field.

I hope the HD remaster is real.  Things I'd like:

- Retinkered inventory system (I dig the circle interface, but using the Gamepad might be easier)
- Completely new soundtrack.  Hopefully a few key themes are orchestrated
- Ditch ugo-mud filter and try and play up the art style a bit more with the HD visuals.  It doesn't need to be Skyward Sword style, but something that fits the original art style more.
- Make getting the Magic Armor easier and NOT a hassle to use.  Remove the rupee depletion bullshit when wearing it
- Hero mode
- Item use improvements.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 01:07:06 PM »

The only thing that annoyed me about WW HD's graphics were the diffused lighting from the Moblin lanterns. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous game and I like the look while sailing on the Great Sea more than the original.

Why was the GC version better then?

:smug
yar

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »

Why was the GC version better then?

:smug

Better at being in 4:3 you letterboxed pleb? :umad

Tasty

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »
Just realized next month is this game's 9th Anniversary.

Fuck I'm getting old. :brazilcry

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »
I hated the Wolf Link sections. Game was good other than that.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 04:50:24 PM »
Lack of waggle > *.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »
Shooting arrows and the Clawshot in the Wii version. :preach

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »
this game suckled because it made me realize once and for all that Zelda would never move beyond "oot + gimmick" formula
pcp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 05:38:07 PM »
this game suckled because it made me realize once and for all that Zelda would never move beyond "oot + gimmick" formula

You gotta play Link Between Worlds breh
püp

Tasty

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »
Like them or not, MM, SS, and LBW were all substantial twists on the Zelda "formula."

(Which btw started with LttP, not OoT.)

WW and TP were similar to OoT but fairly different, especially compared to some game sequels. C'est la vie. No one's forcing you to play 'em.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »

You gotta play Link Between Worlds breh

o yeah i keep forgetting that exists
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 06:00:26 PM »
They've shown like 10 minutes... almost a year ago.

And I thought you quit Zelda? :hitler

archie4208

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 06:10:45 PM »
ALBW :yuck

Let's make a Zelda where its piss easy to rent every item within an hour and have no real feeling of accomplishment or discovery.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »
Wow an HD version of a game that originally came out when HD was already the norm.  Maybe Nintendo should start releasing their games in black and white so they can sell a coloured version a decade later. 

benjipwns

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
Wow an HD version of a game that originally came out when HD was already the norm.
On consoles? :teehee

Tasty

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »
Rumor is there will be a Nintendo Direct on Friday, and it seems likely it will feature this game.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2015, 01:57:32 AM »
They need some content out there, desperately, the Wii U's 2016 retail slate seems to consist of only three titles at this point. Hexadrive did Wind Waker, right? I wonder what they've been up to since then.

Still can't believe they passed on a retail release for Fatal Frame. It might not have sold much, but at least it'd be something to stick on shelves.

qq more

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2015, 02:19:07 AM »
Couldn't get into TP at all. The intro just so zzzzzzzzz

Hoping the remake fixes this, if not, I guess I'll just deal with it and force my way through the dumb intro. I heard the rest of the game was good.

Some of the graphical changes to Wind Waker make it look worse than the GC version running in Dolphin. Nintendo, like every developer did ten years prior, went overboard with crap like bad HDR. A lot of the real time lighting/shadowing makes it look less "animated" than the original ones did. And stuff like "real" explosions vs. the cartoon ones. It messes up the composition of the scenes.

And I've read people happy about this because it's "cleaner", but they fucked up the debris and heat haze combination on Dragon Roost by getting rid of the former and way toning down the latter. When it's one of the best fucking effects of that generation and made me wet myself back in 2003 or whenever it was.

That said, TP wouldn't face many of these issues. Would be cool if they added a "flip back" option so you could play it HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED WITH LEFT-HANDED LINK.
I agree as I really dislike WWHD's graphics too. It just looked so out of place and just completely fucks up the art style they were going for.
ok

benjipwns

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2015, 02:59:44 AM »
That's not to say it doesn't look good, if it was a brand new game, it'd be hard to complain. But the original has a very specific composition to its design that you're stuck comparing it to, and tossing in all the new tech and stuff messes with that. Creates areas of disconnect which changes the mood and such of scenes.

Whereas when you run it through Dolphin you're just upping the resolution and smoothing it out.

It's a small thing, but somewhat annoying none the less. I can't imagine TP would run into many of those problems though as it was already going for that kind of look. Skyward Sword might be a different story.

Though Nintendo, if you really want to draw me in, let's start talking about a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. I don't know if I can resist buying those games yet a third time. Especially since Corruption already tries to fake all kinds of shader effects that could be done properly. And you could bring back the stuff you dumped from Trilogy's versions of 1 and 2 since we're back to gamepads.

I won't even complain if you wanted to toss in Other M. That disc can accidentally get lost somewhere.

Mods Help

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2015, 03:05:46 AM »
Wii version fishing mini game 4 life

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2015, 04:42:35 AM »
no
why

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:47 AM »
ALBW :yuck

Let's make a Zelda where its piss easy to rent every item within an hour and have no real feeling of accomplishment or discovery.

I don't think thats a fair critique, personally.  Nintendo finally shakes the game up by making it fairly open-world, with the ability to get the full inventory whenever you want.  The sense of discovery and accomplishment comes from upgrading your items and the secrets you find via the wall mechanics.

Its a welcome innovation, I'd say.  Only thing I would prefer is to keep some powerups within dungeons.
püp

bluemax

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
I beat this game and remember like nothing about it, so I guess I'd be down to play it again. Especially without motion controls.

Now if they can give me a version of Skyward Sword that is playable as well that'd be great.

They need some content out there, desperately, the Wii U's 2016 retail slate seems to consist of only three titles at this point. Hexadrive did Wind Waker, right? I wonder what they've been up to since then.

Still can't believe they passed on a retail release for Fatal Frame. It might not have sold much, but at least it'd be something to stick on shelves.

Hexadrive did the asstastic FFT0-HD port, two mobile games and are apparently helping out with Final Fantasy XV.
NO

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
Hexadrive didn't do Wind Waker, they simply assisted with it
püp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
This game was such a disappointment I sold my Wii

Tasty

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2015, 05:28:49 PM »
This game was such a disappointment I sold my Wii

Cool story bro

Tasty

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 05:01:27 PM »
2016 BAYBEH!!!!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:35 PM »

Hexadrive did the asstastic FFT0-HD port, two mobile games and are apparently helping out with Final Fantasy XV.
I mean I don't know how it was asstastic. They did pretty much the best job they could making a PSP game from 2011 look like a 2015 PS4 game.

Yet they also have done things such as:

Fixing the ZoE2 HD port.
The PS3 Port of EX Troopers.
The actual development part of The Third Birthday.
REZ HD

They are pretty competent on the tech side.

Tasty

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
Sigh

guess I'll buy this shit again
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:45:46 PM by demi »
fat

qq more

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
Might get it. I wasn't able to get into it on the Wii when it first came out, but I wasn't into Zelda at the time. Maybe I'll get through the longgg intro of the game this time.
ok

Lucretius

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2015, 01:34:24 AM »

Link is holding his sword in his left hand in that cover art.  This is a good thing.
lip

Tasty

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2015, 01:42:19 AM »

Thankfully it does seem like they've upresed a lot of textures (look at Midna's helmet, Zelda's cloak and Zant's mask.)

Though the textures were never the issue with TP (aside from the ground textures in Hyrule Field); the issue was the low-poly jagged edges on everything, and to that end TP HD doesn't look any better. Then again, it kinda can't without actually being fully remade (like OoT 3D and MM 3D were.) Considering how massive TP is, not sure I can really blame Nintendo here.

qq more

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2015, 01:47:56 AM »
The only HD remasters I own are the Metal Gear HD Collection and Wind Waker HD. Coming off of playing the former, I'm not too surprised they didn't go out of their way to remake the whole game.

Still a bit disappointed but eh what can you do? Least I can play this with Off TV play.
ok

Oblivion

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:57 PM »
I'm not really impressed with this. The improvements seem absolutely minimal at best.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 03:46:36 PM »

Link is holding his sword in his left hand in that cover art.  This is a good thing.

Link swings both ways.  This is the 21st century dude. 

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 03:59:14 PM »

Thankfully it does seem like they've upresed a lot of textures (look at Midna's helmet, Zelda's cloak and Zant's mask.)

Though the textures were never the issue with TP (aside from the ground textures in Hyrule Field); the issue was the low-poly jagged edges on everything, and to that end TP HD doesn't look any better. Then again, it kinda can't without actually being fully remade (like OoT 3D and MM 3D were.) Considering how massive TP is, not sure I can really blame Nintendo here.

Holy shit, that guy's voice :neogaf

Is this Zelda closest thing to OoT? If so, I'll probably like it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »
Lol, not at all.
fat

Lucretius

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

Link swings both ways.  This is the 21st century dude.

Pick a team, Link!
lip

Tasty

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2015, 05:12:27 PM »
Lol, not at all.

I mean, it's probably a close second to OoT after ALttP.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »
Looks good.  Hope they add a Hero mode, varying control methods, and maybe adjust some of the timing issues in the game.

But really, just hoping for the hero mode
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
Lol, not at all.

lol wut

this game is Nintendo going "well everyone looked oot so let's do it again!" even the damn map is the similar
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »

Tears of Light cut down from 16 to 12.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »
FANKII AKUSHON SUPAA FAMIKOMU~
ど助平