Author Topic: Kojima goes indie, grows facial hair and partners with PlayStation  (Read 7534 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Kojima goes indie, grows facial hair and partners with PlayStation
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 09:48:29 AM »
So horrific necro bump but I'm watching the Policenauts MP by Super Best Friend and holy Jesus at the cringe. I mean it's not anything new but it's a really egregious case of his gross horniness and his total lack of talent to coalesce his influences into something coherent. Some of the details are nice and there's a measure of thinking going into the writing (the whole halves motif) but overall it's teenager level of creativity. "Just like in my Americans movie". I guess it packed some wow factor to ride on the stronger imagery of cinema but with some distance it's a bit embarrassing.

Words and deeds my ass.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:52:35 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »
I just started playing MGSV: The Phantom Gameplay, which okay actually is basically a beefed up Portable Ops (the only MGS games I liked) after the shitty intro level. But god that intro level is what I expect Death Stranding to be.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
For all the shot I gave Policenauts, it has some good music tracks.
ὕβρις

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
i read an article a while ago that I can't find now comparing the Sega cd Snatcher to the original. the main gameplay changes almost all centered around how much you could harass and abuse the women. gillian did everything just short of raping them, including the teenage girl. kojima has some disgusting-ass fetishs.
pcp

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 07:48:18 AM »
i read an article a while ago that I can't find now comparing the Sega cd Snatcher to the original. the main gameplay changes almost all centered around how much you could harass and abuse the women. gillian did everything just short of raping them, including the teenage girl. kojima has some disgusting-ass fetishs.

Policenauts (the fan translated PSX version anyway) is kinda of like that, with the option to fondle the breasts of multiple characters (complete with Gainax like bounce and "boing boing" sounds), a protagonist with a dick for a brain and a barely defused -and wholly unnecessary and disruptive- incest subplot. An expression like "male gaze" absolutely fits the bill here with Kojima sexxing everything up at every possible turn as far as female characters are concerned, including having the first appearance of the daughter of the hero's partner in a revealing "Zero G" gym pantyhose (panning down to up even). Which itself is of course lifted in spirit from the Lethal Weapon movie.

Also has the main character rambling about those horrible "biovestites" (gene therapy transsexuals) and pedo rings hidden in pizza parlors (#pizzagateisreal) while chasing his ex-wife killer, to give you an idea of how tactful the game is written.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:54:22 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 10:12:36 AM »
You baka gaijin just don't understand.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
You baka gaijin just don't understand.

So we first encounter Anna in a form-fitting, one-piece gymnastics outfit.  Even Ed says, “A little revealing, isn’t it?”  (...) Anna, of course, has to explain for Kojima why she’s wearing her uniform outside of practice: “It’s great at absorbing sweat!”  To this, Jonathan responds, “I’m more interested in what’s under the uniform.”  Ed scolds Jonathan and reminds him he’s talking about his young daughter, but it’s silently accepted at this point that Jonathan isn’t listening and Ed is completely ineffectual.

http://ettugamer.com/2014/04/05/policenauts/

Didn't read the whole thing but it seems to collect most of the outrageous stuff (including the hilarious handbag plot points. Funny to see it was changed in other versions for something even more ludicrous).

Also The Best Friends didn't get that particular bit of dialogue :

Hovering the cursor over Anna’s crotch on the poster and examining it causes Jonathan to say, “If I rub here, does she make a noise?”  Ed is furious, saying, “That’s my daughter, you son of a bitch!”

HIDEO :kobeyuck not even once.
Funny to see we went through the whole Quiet song and dance years ago already.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
:japancry

Thank you for digging this up for me. :B

Mochilador

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 08:15:45 AM »
"Did you rike it?"

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
:heh
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
I just started playing MGSV: The Phantom Gameplay, which okay actually is basically a beefed up Portable Ops (the only MGS games I liked) after the shitty intro level. But god that intro level is what I expect Death Stranding to be.

I erased my memory of that part of the game til now. The games still have enough competent gameplay to keep me coming back, but man, fuck kojima and fuck big red.
◕‿◕

bluemax

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2017, 01:09:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/943429087841812480

Says the guy who is constantly posting pictures on twitter of himself hanging out with celebrities he wants to fuck.
NO