Author Topic: Nintendo NX thread  (Read 27201 times)

bluemax

Re: Nintendo NX thread
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2016, 02:04:52 AM »
My money is on its battery life being absolutely shit.

It'll come with a battery backpack.

Literally a backpack that has a giant battery in it.

I think some VR company called Survios already has that tech on lock down.
NO

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:24 AM »
This is awesome news, now I can safely ignore this hot mess and get a Wii U to play the new Zelda on. Hopefully they hit $200 this holiday season.
yar

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2016, 04:27:30 AM »
graphics processing core with GPGPU support
:bow Nintendo doing it once again :bow2

qq more

« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
wheres the cpcpus and the 32GB DDR 3 rom???
ok

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »

DF thinks Zelda should have better performance, resolutions, and textures. :yeshrug

The GAF thread is filled with deluded loons but some of you guys are in the complete opposite direction. Meh.

The examples they were using with the Nvidia shield were using a Tegra X1 on Android as well. If they use The Tegra X2, it should get them around Xbone or better levels of performance once you remove Android from the equation. Like, it won't be out of pace with last gen and the PS4 and Xbone will still exist for a good while even with Scorpio and Neo. They will probably have benefits working with Nvidia like Nvidia's ported apps as well, maybe even Nvidia GRID for saying technically they have a way to play 3rd party games.

Same time, it's Nintendo. They could fuck this up rotten.

There was some post on a japanese forum two months ago that accurately predicted 100% of the info released this month that said that it's using a custom chip called a Tegra N1, which is more powerful than the X1.  Dunno if that means its an X2, but I doubt it.  My money is on a custom chip based on the X1 so it gets the NX close to Xbone, and keeping the price down compared to if they used an X2.

$250 with close to Xbone performance on a handheld?  I'm okay with that.  I think it sounds pretty cool :yeshrug
püp

qq more

« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »
I'm probably alone in this but I'm gonna miss dual screens, assuming this thing (very likely) won't have it.
ok

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2016, 02:07:28 PM »
aw
püp

Tasty

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »
I'm gonna stick with DF on this. It'll likely use the X1, but there's an outside chance it'll use the X2. Either are fine, though obviously the X2 would be preferred.

Not getting my hopes up though. :lol

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »
püp

Tasty

« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
idk, seems like it could be true:

https://twitter.com/directfeedgames/status/759072574777196544

Dunno what this means.

I do want to reiterate that although it's later than I wanted, I'm still glad Nintendo is transitioning to ARM. I don't think they could have competed with x86, and PowerPC has been dead for a decade-plus. ARM just makes sense.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2016, 03:29:27 PM »
Pascal is Nvidia's new architecture. Their just released cards are based on it.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
Nvidia Tegra "Parker" will feature Nvidia’s own custom general-purpose ARMv8-compatible core Denver2 as well as code-named Pascal graphics processing core with GPGPU support. The chips will be made using FinFET process technology, which likely means that it will be made using TSMC's 16 nm FinFET+ manufacturing process.[83]

CPU: Nvidia Denver2 ARMv8 (64-bit) + ARMv8 ARM Cortex-A57 quad-core (64-bit)
RAM: upto 8GB DDR4
GPU: Pascal-based
Graphics RAM: upto 4GB GDDR5[84]
FinFET transistors
püp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2016, 05:10:01 PM »
Nintendo NothX amirite

Tasty

« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
Wii U had 2 GB, 3DS had 128 MB.

If I had to guess I'd say 4 GB is likely, but it's possibly 3 GB too.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
that two months ago on a japanese forum thing was a hoax

I like to image that you a have a cofee table in your living room with a copy of The Japaneses Forum Times siting on it. 

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
Wii U had 2 GB, 3DS had 128 MB.

If I had to guess I'd say 4 GB is likely, but it's possibly 3 GB too.

I'd say its most likely 4
püp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:37 AM »

archnemesis

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
In retrospective, both the 3DS and the Wii U had pretty weak launch titles. I'm not expecting more than three first-party games at launch, including the enhanced version of Zelda.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:45 PM »
Nintendo hasnt had good 1st party launch titles since N64.

GCN had Super Monkey Ball still but thats Sega.

archnemesis

« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2016, 02:07:35 PM »
Nintendo Land is great fun and it does a fantastic job showing off the Wii U gimmicks. New Super Mario Bros U might be the best 2D Mario (it's also very similar to a handful of other Mario games).

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
i how there's some backwards compatibility. lemme play some old portable games on my tv you fucks
pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »
I'm sure Yet Another New Super Mario Bros. will be a launch title.  Although that's like predicting the sun is going to rise tomorrow :doge

My guess is that there will be another unambitious launch title that is meant to showcase the console and handheld modes of game play.  Could be another Nintendoland.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »
Luigis Mansion is not bad maybe (don't even remember if I ever played it...), but the previous three Nintendo consoles launched with all time classics.

With all due respect Luigis Mansion, New Super Mario Bros and Nintendoland are not in the same ballpark.

I'm not voicing some unheard of opinion here I think.

Edit: One could make a case for Wii Sports,although I don't think it has that timeless pedigree, I mean would you play it now?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:00:56 PM by Premium Lager »

Tasty

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2016, 05:12:34 PM »
In retrospective, both the 3DS and the Wii U had pretty weak launch titles. I'm not expecting more than three first-party games at launch, including the enhanced version of Zelda.

Rumor is Smash Wii U will be ported, Pokemon Sun/Moon will be ported, there's of course Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and there will be an original Mario (likely in the NSMB series.)

That's a pretty good lineup IMO, and supported further by the fact that they just announced a bunch of Wii U ports to 3DS. If they can port shit to that underpowered thing then porting to NX should be cake.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2016, 06:22:01 PM »
I'm sure Yet Another New Super Mario Bros. will be a launch title.  Although that's like predicting the sun is going to rise tomorrow :doge

My guess is that there will be another unambitious launch title that is meant to showcase the console and handheld modes of game play.  Could be another Nintendoland.

MarioGo. Make Mario jump around in your living room.

SmashGo. Your favourite Nintendo characters now fight on your coffee table.

ZeldaGo. Just do the same shit you've been doing for 20 years.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2016, 09:18:39 PM »
Talking about this thing like it's not gonna be a rancid dumpster fire

yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »
This thing will be a dumpster fire.

Nintendo's strength as a software company is that for each generation, they could make one of their flagship games for their console and handheld.  Now it's just going to be one device so Nintendo is effectively cutting out about half of their software sales.  Maybe closer to a third or something since I think their handheld software sales are better.

You could argue that Nintendo could spend less money which will keep them closer to the black but let's be real, it doesn't take much money to shit out an NSMB game.  None of their games these days are really that ambitious, except for Zelda Skyrim, which will probably get released after Elder Scrolls VI comes out.

I do think Wii U and 3DS ports will be a regular thing but then again I expected Nintendo to remake Mario Sunshine and Double Dash and they didn't do that.  So I have to temper my expectations with even the quick port jobs they put out.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2016, 11:50:52 PM »
I also heard it will run ports of all Nintendo's mobile games, which could be a boon. Being able to play Pokemon GO without melting my phone's battery would be nice. :doge

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2016, 01:22:05 AM »
TP on Wii was so ugly on HDTV it was unplayable, like totaly horrendous. Had to sell my Wii, not kidding. Maybe on SDTV I could have stomached it. Nintendo used so many low res textures...like ps2 games on sdtv look a lot better.

Besides being ugly it was also a snoozefest, think maybe I played 5 hours and nothing happened except some shit bits in Twilight zone.

Not many games where such an disapointment, havent played any Zelda since.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:26:17 AM by Premium Lager »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2016, 01:33:46 AM »
btw I even bought the component cables

Tasty

« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2016, 02:09:00 AM »
Twilight Princess is my fave 3D Zelda.  :heart

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2016, 02:32:42 AM »
think I played both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword on an hdtv and didn't really mind

TP has an ugly art style no matter what you're playing it on, though

Tasty

« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2016, 02:43:44 AM »
HD version is fine, aside from the jagged edges on cliffs.

Raist

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2016, 08:19:50 AM »
Nintendo's strength as a software company is that for each generation, they could make one of their flagship games for their console and handheld.  Now it's just going to be one device so Nintendo is effectively cutting out about half of their software sales.  Maybe closer to a third or something since I think their handheld software sales are better.

I mean, they already cut their SW sales in half 4 years ago anyway.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2016, 01:28:15 PM »
What? TP is great after the god awful tutorial that eats up an entire afternoon. I barely did any side shit and was still at the 60 hour mark in the last dungeon, which I got lost in and thus never finished the game. :gloomy Still, Lager is a bad troll and should feel bad. :punch
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2016, 01:30:01 PM »
What? TP is great after the god awful tutorial that eats up an entire afternoon. I barely did any side shit and was still at the 60 hour mark in the last dungeon, which I got lost in and thus never finished the game. :gloomy Still, Lager is a bad troll and should feel bad. :punch

Hyrule Castle? That shit is short and easy...

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2016, 01:45:13 PM »
If there is one sure thing with a nintendo reveal is that it will be disappointing. 

archnemesis

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »
Do we have a confirmed date or is it just speculation?
Only speculation for now. I think there is an inferred release window from a financial statement.

Tasty

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2016, 11:13:02 PM »
god I suddenly remembered the Wiimote reveal in 2005

I actually got up early and was so excited to turn on my computer to read the news

then I saw the GAF shitstorm :lol

That thread was a crow goldmine for years :rejoice

archnemesis

« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2016, 04:55:35 AM »
Do we have a confirmed date or is it just speculation?
Only speculation for now. I think there is an inferred release window from a financial statement.

We talking about the reveal? That's what I'm asking about.
The date for a reveal is also unconfirmed.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »
Who cares Dufus it's going to be underwhelming anyway

When is the last time Nintendo released a good home console? In the 90's.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:52 AM »
Gamecube had some decent games like Super Monkey Ball but Nintendo already started rehashing here so I have little love for the lunchbox.

Tasty

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2016, 09:20:24 AM »
At this point I'm not expecting a reveal until January.

Fucking Nintendo. They've been cock-teasing since 2014 and every single new Direct/E3 announcement they have to go "NX WILL NOT BE AT THIS EVENT."

Bitch then what you even good for?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2016, 09:24:12 AM »
Isn't it confirmed the reveal will be this month? :doge

It's Nintendo. Do you really expect them to launch it before November of next year? Revealing it this month would put it sometime around May-June 2017 if they were going to give it like a 4-5 month window.

Tasty

« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2016, 09:25:02 AM »

Nothing is confirmed except the system will be out by the end of March.

That's literally it.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
Gamecube had some decent games like Super Monkey Ball but Nintendo already started rehashing here so I have little love for the lunchbox.

You can hate on the Gamecube all you want, but all the games on it I'd argue were pretty experimental and creative. Hell, some still complain about those games for being that different even if it's just an aesthetic choice. Wind Waker was a cel shaded Zelda game with sailing as the main means of transportation, Star Fox was a Zelda clone, Super Mario Sunshine had Mario using a water powered jetpack for platforming, Metroid was in FIRST person with literal scanning of environments as a major gameplay component, Donkey Kong had a rhythm game and a side scroller primarily built on using a bongo controller, etc.

Regardless of how you feel about those games individually, you can't really say they didn't take chances with them. If anything, Nintendo played it safe with their Wii installments of their biggest franchises with waggle and motion controls being the main hook(in spite of being different means to the same result, so to speak). Hell, some would say that the risks taking were detrimental to their library then if anything. Which to me explains a lot of why they played it safer afterwards.

Ok ok I will give you Metroid, a game I never go into myself but can appreciate. I don't think the other games were not playing it safe, like Zelda or Star Fox (just a reskin of an old rare project to shoehorn in a known franchise)

Interesting viewpoint though that GC experiments and its failure led to safetendo.

Raist

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »

Today's Sony event is actually about the NX. You heard it here first.

Tasty

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

Today's Sony event is actually about the NX. You heard it here first.

#Wednesdayton

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2016, 12:55:48 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I think this system will be a complete clusterfuck. Worse than Wii U.

It will suck as a handheld and as a home console. The only thing it'll have going for it is the combined software of handheld and console which currently is separate (3DS, Wii U).

I guess as long as it has Pokemon and shit it'll sell. But yeah.

It's not looking good to me brehs. (Image removed from quote.)

Of course this is how it's going to play out. Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »
I think it'll be a great handheld with TV out. That's all it needs to be, really.

Tasty

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2016, 02:46:53 PM »
how can it be a great handheld with noisy active cooling and a shitty battery life? :doge

Neither of which are confirmed and are rumors based on a devkit. :ufup

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »
I just hope it's cheap enough to warrant a buy as a 3rd device. 199 or bust Nintendo.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2016, 03:03:56 PM »
I think it'll be a great handheld with TV out. That's all it needs to be, really.

That's what I'm hoping it is, too.  With the support from the devs currently making Vita games.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »
I just hope it bombs hard enough they finally go third party

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »
how can it be a great handheld with noisy active cooling and a shitty battery life? :doge

Neither of which are confirmed and are rumors based on a devkit. :ufup

Trust Nintendo to spend on hardware quality, brehs

yar

Tasty

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
Hardware specs? Nah.

Hardware quality, sure. GameBoy survived Kuwait.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2016, 06:44:54 PM »
Hardware specs? Nah.

Hardware quality, sure. GameBoy survived Kuwait.

What have done for me lately, tho? Need I remind you of the clusterfuck that is the Wii U?

"Our gimmick is a shitty tablet with a shitty screen."
yar

Tasty

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2016, 06:53:10 PM »
It was still reliable, ran efficiently power-wise and was targeted entirely on playing games. :yeshrug

And not an unreliable, shitty, overpriced, closed version of a PC with way worse games. :miyamoto

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:05 PM »
Defend a tablet with a single touch screen, brehs

Keep fucking that chicken, Andy

The day you realize that WHAT shit does rather than WHO makes it results in worthwhile things, you're going to be an acceptable human being. Until then, you're a walking stereotype that can just be disregarded out of hand.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2016, 03:45:48 AM »
Defend a tablet with a single touch screen, brehs

Keep fucking that chicken, Andy

The day you realize that WHAT shit does rather than WHO makes it results in worthwhile things, you're going to be an acceptable human being. Until then, you're a walking stereotype that can just be disregarded out of hand.

And yet here you are in the NX thread wasting your time by responding to me. Who's the bigger loser? :umad