Author Topic: #BlackLivesMatter's 300 year plan? Fails, #whitepower wins again.  (Read 750 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
http://college.usatoday.com/2016/04/27/black-students-connected-in-su-racist-drawing/

The students identified as the people behind a recent racist drawing found at Salisbury University’s library are black, school officials confirmed Tuesday.

The image, found April 10 on a whiteboard in Blackwell Library, showed a stick figure being hung and labeled with a racial slur. Underneath was the hashtag “#whitepower.”
Since the incident, Salisbury University Police Department has completed its investigation, Culver said. In consultation with the Wicomico County State’s Attorney’s Office, the department has decided to not file criminal charges at this time.

The investigation is being turned over to the university and will be reviewed for any possible university policy violations, Culver said. If charged, those students who were involved could face disciplinary action.

“Regardless of who created the drawing, we find such actions demeaning to all members of the campus community and against our core values,” Dane Foust, vice president of Student Affairs, said in a statement provided by Culver.

“So this is what we as students have to deal with @SalisburyU,” Jackson tweeted. “Mightas well call it ‘DIE’versity.”
“Wow,” @Briyaa tweeted, “I have no words. Whoever drew this in Blackwell is sick. This makes me angry as hell.”

“A decision was made not to describe the photo to avoid re-victimizing those impacted,” Vice President of Student Affairs Dane Foust said. “The disturbing image and language already were widespread on social media. The most important priority for the president was to swiftly inform the campus community and remind all that the Salisbury promise and our core values clearly affirm a culture of civility and understanding.”

The SU promise is a mantra provided by the school stating “As a Salisbury University student I will connect what I learn to how I live, I will demonstrate personal and academic integrity, I will respect diverse groups and individuals and I will strive to bring honor to myself and the university.”

Yet another case of "racism" found to not ever to have actually existed.

Syph

Re: #BlackLivesMatter's 300 year plan? Fails, #whitepower wins again.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:01:47 AM »
that's unfortunate
shame about the lack of whiteboard erasers though
heh, whiteboard
XO