Author Topic: Civilization VI - Districts and Dictators  (Read 31374 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Civilization VI - Districts and Dictators
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2019, 08:44:28 PM »
they still haven't fixed how it's borderline impossible to win games if you don't build enough cities early enough in the game, and how you can see the loss pretty much locked in before the mid point in the game unless you drastically overhaul everything

something like the Venice civ from V would be literally impossible to do in this game I think

benjipwns

« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2019, 11:38:14 PM »
lmao the stupid aztecs got ass blasted by a volcano and hurricane back to back, the latter started a bunch of flooding along their rivers

that's what you get for not letting me establish an embassy to send my e-mails to

benjipwns

« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2019, 11:00:28 PM »
after playing about four complete games (i quit two a hundred turns from the endgame realizing they weren't possible to win at the difficulty) along with a few quick speed test games on settler (i usually do this with new games/expansions/mods/etc. just to learn the new mechanics)

my conclusion is this, i hope there is one more expansion and they don't stop at three because this game continues to be underserved in so many ways

there are so many mechanics where their "fix" is to just make them accumulating values and display them, like the diplomatic points now, I have zero clue how these actually are supposed to work, but the AI really wants them and I have no other use for them except to give them away to the AI

it's like religion points if you aren't a religion founder, you're totally out of that subgame and those are just free points to spend on crap... if you don't give a shit about the World Council's garbage like going after certain religions or civs or banning trading gems to city states, you just accumulate these endlessly and the AI civs all want them, at some pretty high prices too, you can get strategic resources (that you extra need now) like iron, oil, etc. for them straight up in trades, the AI sometimes will even send you gobs of gold per turn for these

the governors continue to be useless for anything except boosting cities

the best thing about this is the highly expanded endgame now, no longer are you researching SOCIAL MEDIA forever for the last hundred turns or whatever, there's new stuff, new hypothetical governments, etc. science doesn't stop at launching crap into space, etc. it's arguably the farthest they've ever taken this in any of the games

the climate change thing is totally busted, there's literally no way to halt it or reverse it or anything by yourself... which, this is accurate enough, BUT, none of the AI even cares about this and they're all the CO2 producers because I PLANNED AHEAD and they don't

the fucking Dutch in my last game went from a world power to totally underwater because the climate change couldn't be halted, and I was the only Civ to even think about building the WALLS on the coast that prevent your lands from submerging if they fall below the sealevel...and I only had one city and some good resources in this position, the fucking Dutch had THEIR WHOLE CIVILIZATION in this position and DID NOTHING...they were also the fucking second highest CO2 producing Civ :lol

it also seems like the tweaked AI no longer cares about certain world wonders as they're always there, to the endgame, never built...and many of these are ones like an extra policy, extra great people, etc. so you can really fucking boost your civ into the stratosphere

which brings me back around to the deterministic part of Civ VI, that pilon accurately noted...I mostly hate it when I realize I can't win the game, but I'm also realizing that there are many games where my win is all but locked in, it's just a matter of the turns going by so I accrue enough tourism or unlock the space race stuff

the U.S. in my last game launched a war at me, I think to try and stop me since they were the second place team in both science and culture, which is great, much better than the random wars from base game... but they they didn't have the units, literally to pull off even pillaging my closet city, i used my huge warchest of garbage to buy a bunch of units to stash on the border and blast away everything they sent for a few turns

then when they stopped coming, i sent them into U.S. territory to try and force a peace treaty...it wasn't until I had captured New Orleans and had like three other cities ready to capture from being bombarded for turns that I could finally force a peace treaty out of Teddy, in which he gave me New Orleans, like a hundred gold a turn, all sorts of resources, a bunch of art, etc. this was what HE offered when I said "what will you give me for peace" for the twentieth time

so he launched a non-sneak attack against a powerful civ in hopes of derailing my victory train, then got his teeth kicked in and only when I was about to take half his civilization away did he finally give in and write himself out of the running for winning the game

who's fucking running the AI, the Kaigun from the 1940's?

but it's still Civ so... time to start putting the mods back on :american

benjipwns

« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2019, 11:06:05 PM »
actually thinking about that, the new diplomatic system has totally broken how the AI's think about each other

they don't

all the wars are started over city states now because the AI's realize that the diplomatic points are more valuable than the costs of going to war with someone, EXCEPT they over value city states, so those are worth going to war over

once the city state situation is "corrected" they will immediately make peace, nobody is taking out other civs anymore, not even dudes like Genghis Khan where it's supposed to be part of their agenda

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2019, 04:17:39 AM »
My favourite part about Climate Change in this is that I've read is that eventually it just stops? Like OH NO THE SEA LEVELS ARE RISING and then they just stop rising and climate change is over?

which brings me back around to the deterministic part of Civ VI, that pilon accurately noted...I mostly hate it when I realize I can't win the game, but I'm also realizing that there are many games where my win is all but locked in, it's just a matter of the turns going by so I accrue enough tourism or unlock the space race stuff

To be fair, a lot of strategy games are like this. In EU4 you reach a point where you can blob everywhere over the map without any issue, the only thing holding you back is having to micromanage all of your troops.
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2019, 04:45:19 AM »
Yeah, there's only five levels of climate change. Which I think ruins three levels of coastal land. Then beyond that it just ever so slightly increases the amount of certain weather events permanently once it started.

Also, funnier is that the polar ice on the map doesn't actually melt even as the game reports how much it's melting. It's still there impassable as always. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2019, 04:51:26 AM »
Actually, that reminds me that one of the drivers is deforestation. But like, you literally can't play the game without it, since you can't put down districts or wonders and stuff that every other game mechanic is dependent on without doing some major deforestation in the process.

pilonv1

« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2019, 04:52:09 AM »
Also, funnier is that the polar ice on the map doesn't actually melt even as the game reports how much it's melting. It's still there impassable as always. :lol

just like real life then
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »
 :ohyou

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »
Can you turn off religion yet? I like to imagine.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2019, 06:59:30 AM »
so i was wrong, the polar ice does melt, but it's not tied to the water levels rising which alerts you when it happens

i finally noticed this because i started the game near the top of the map and suddenly found my travel times cut in half when a one tile piece of ice disappeared :lol

on another note i don't think Civ VI has ever truly figured out the game length alterations, i remember Civ V having this problem but they figured it out eventually, i think part of it has to do with the way units operate on a one turn basis no matter what the build times in your cities look like, the AI doesn't seem to understand this, which throws its reading of your military strength way out of wack... it seems the longer games actually work better especially with the additional stuff they've added now

also they don't indicate that the non-military alliances mean you will declare war automatically on anyone your "ally" or one of their fucking city states decides to fuck around with... which, sure go ahead and punish me for saying "yeah, nope, you're on your own" not randomly force me into a war with someone i had good relations and trade with and i can't even reach without negotiating a bunch of open borders to get to them and they refuse to make peace with me because i haven't done anything to them in the war so they think they're in the position to demand all my gold for thirty turns rather than just agree to status quo peace

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2019, 01:56:39 AM »
I have played this game and I don't enjoy it. Makes me sad.

pilonv1

« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2019, 05:34:06 AM »
They added all of this stuff to do but none of it is interesting. The expansion pack where they added names for rivers and mountains is the most excited I've been to play this again. Much rather play another game of EUIV
itm

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2019, 09:54:12 AM »
Still play this all the time but I'm pretty picky when I start a game. I'll start over if I don't find horses close by in the first few turns.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2020, 12:16:29 AM »
I've been playing some of this for the first time since well, probably March there, there was a big Fall update, they redid a bunch of the mechanics of the climate stuff, the expanded endgame is actually pretty fun and cool and the game doesn't just hit a point where you're burning turns to a definite loss or whatever. I was able to nearly pull off a late game science victory switch run but needed two more turns to avoid defeat. Couldn't have done that since Civ VI released.

The climate stuff is not ratcheted endless in one direction no matter what, you can slow it down, and the AI now actually realizes this. Related to that there's also now a disaster slider basically, so you can turn them down to only really get the bad shit like volcanoes or hurricanes and less annoying floods that do nothing but make you repair your tiles for a couple turns. That doesn't turn off say the climate change floods but just the semi-random ones that would wreck a tile or two. They still happen, especially in areas marked "FLOOD PRONE" but not all over the place for no reason anymore if you turn it down.

There's now workable governments (and even better, policies!) past Democracy/etc. and they slightly dragged out the military tech tree so you don't smash into the end of units in the 1880s as much anymore.

The diplomacy is still nonsense, the war has never been figured out for the AI on these single units on a tile so the same strategy since the start of Civ V is still the one you want to use. They went too far in turning down the irrationality of the AI so they had to go back in the other direction and make it so certain trade offers you make are now marked as "demands" to the AI so they get upset again. In launch Gathering Storm, and really a bit after Rise and Fall, you really could just gift the AI random useless shit and make them be friends again no matter what lol

A lot of the confusion from stuff is just gone now, it's clear what stuff will or will not do, they added more pop-up tips from your adviser to make clear what in the hell these sets of icons are supposed to mean, etc. (The new city suggestion icons now you can mouse over and it'll show you why it's recommending that location but also what the location is now lacking for a perfect city like you can plant at the start of a game so you can judge whether you don't care that it has no special resources you just need another population center or if you need a coastal outlet or whatever) That said, some of the refined screens are even more confusing even if there's more information. The trade route screen is still hilariously awful and worse, DOES NOT SHOW ACCURATE INFORMATION NOR EVERY POSSIBLE ROUTE, so it's pretty much still essential to install the mod for this or else when you build a trader you want to send him around to each city to see the actual possible routes and their values. I don't mean like it's off by a couple gold, I mean it can be literally wrong and there's not actually a route to that city or even that civilization. :lol

I was losing it trying to setup trade routes to the proper civs in order to get the tourism boost for a cultural victory this weekend. Just gave up and sent them to the best cities in the end. Which reminds me how the bug that's been in the game from the start about cultural victories is still there. It STILL notifies you that you are "ONE CIVILIZATION AWAY" every time you "lap" a civ you've already conquered, so the thing is utterly useless at figuring out how long you have to win. You really can't play for a cultural victory alone as you need a score and/or science and/or diplomatic backup probably just incase that thing that says "9 turns" actually means 35 turns or whatever. I don't mind when you can tell one of the turn counters is off by one because of rounding so it takes an extra turn, but it shouldn't really change every turn like it's using RNG for half of the value. (Even if it is! Tell me then!)

I hope they do a 2020 patch that's comparable to what they did for this last one. Then they can fully move on to 7. I would say another expansion isn't needed, save those ideas for 7, but another broad patch looking at everything could be good for when I come back again while waiting for 7 to release. The reason I picked this up again may in part be because I'm getting unnecessarily and overly hyped for Humankind...

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
I put in about 40 hours into this game on mobile. I repeatedly found myself wishing it were more like Civ Rev in many aspects of the game.

I'm sure I could tweak the settings enough to where I'd get there, but it seems like too much trial and error and possibly no pay off.

benjipwns

« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2020, 12:32:27 AM »
So the first part of this came out:
Continue your quest to build your greatest empire with the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, featuring eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including six new game modes. Delivering six DLC packs on a bimonthly basis from May 2020 to March 2021, the New Frontier Pass includes:

Pack #1: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack
Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. Available May 2020.

Pack #2: Ethiopia Pack
Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode**, one new District and two new Buildings. Available July 2020.

Pack #3:
Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode**, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available September 2020.

Pack #4:
Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new City States, and numerous new Great People. Available November 2020.

Pack #5:
Adds one new civilization and two new leaders***, one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings. Available January 2021.

Pack #6:
Adds one new civilization and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map. Available March 2021.

*New game mode requires the Gathering Storm expansion to play.
**New game mode requires either the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansions to play.
***New leader requires Rise and Fall expansion to play.

Game modes can include additional content such as new units, buildings, or improvements and can be turned on or off during game setup to apply significant and dramatic changes to the rules of the game.

Exclusive bonus: Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine De Medici Persona Packs. Each Persona Pack contains a brand-new take on a favorite leader, with a new leader model and background, new gameplay bonuses, and an updated agenda that reflect the changes to the leader’s personality. The Persona Packs are available exclusively to owners of the New Frontier Pass and will be delivered with the second add-on pack.
The Maya & Gran Colombia Pack introduces Lady Six Sky as the leader of the Maya and Simón Bolívar as the leader of Gran Colombia. The Maya can build prosperous city centers early in the game, supported by surrounding Farms and Plantations and protected by their unique Hul’che. Gran Colombia focuses on fast armies boosted by Simón Bolívar’s powerful Comandante Generals.

FEATURES

Includes the Maya civilization with Lady Six Sky, the Hul’che unique unit, and the Observatory unique district.

Civ Unique Ability: The “Mayab” ability gives Maya housing and gold bonuses from Farms, and Amenity bonus for Luxury resources adjacent to the City Center. Settling adjacent to Coasts or Fresh Water does not provide housing bonuses.
Leader Unique Ability: Lady Six Sky’s “Ix Mutal Ajaw” ability lets the Maya gain yield bonuses to non-capital cities, and a combat bonus to units, within six tiles of the capital.
Unique Unit: The Hul’che, a stronger replacement for the Archer and receives bonus combat strength when attacking wounded units.
Unique District: The Observatory replaces the Campus and adds a minor adjacency bonus with Farms and a major adjacency bonus with Plantations.

Also includes the Gran Colombia civilization with Simón Bolívar, the Llanero and Comandante General unique units, and the Hacienda unique improvement.

Civ Unique Ability: With the “Ejercito Patriota” ability, Gran Colombia receives a movement bonus to all units, and promoting a unit does not end the unit’s turn.
Leader Unique Ability: Simón Bolívar has the “Campana Admirable” ability, granting a Comandante General when entering a new Era.

Unique Units: Gran Colombia features two unique units:
- The Comandante General is a Great General with unique abilities, including Passive and Retire effects.
- The Llanero replaces the Cavalry. It requires less maintenance, receives a combat bonus for every adjacent Llanero and fully heals when in range of a Comandante General that activates.

Unique Improvement: The Hacienda provides Production, Gold and Housing bonuses, and a Food bonus for each adjacent Plantation. Plantations and Haciendas receive Production bonuses for adjacent Haciendas.

New “Apocalypse” Game Mode (Requires the Gathering Storm expansion to play)

Adds Forest Fires and Meteor Showers as disaster types to all games.
An optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes:

New disasters: Comet Impact and Solar Flares.
Larger versions of existing disasters.
New military unit: Soothsayer, a Support unit that can trigger natural disasters at the player’s command.
New scored competition: Sacrifice units to volcanoes. Requires Soothsayers to use their unique action on friendly units near a volcano.
The world enters an apocalyptic state when climate change reaches its maximum level.

New Resources:

Honey. Luxury.
Maize. Bonus.

New Natural Wonders:

Bermuda Triangle. Naval units that pass through it receive a movement bonus and get teleported to another ocean tile.
Paititi. Gold bonus on trade routes for the city that controls it, major adjacency bonus for Commercial Hubs and Theater Squares.
Fountain of Youth. Grants units that pass it a healing buff.

New City-States:

Caguana. Cultural. Suzerain bonus: access to Batey improvement, which grants Culture based on its placement.
Singapore. Industrial. Suzerain bonus: Production bonus for each foreign trade route.
Lahore. Militaristic. Suzerain bonus: Access to a Faith-purchased combat unit – Nihang – with a unique promotion tree.
Vatican City. Religious. Suzerain bonus: Religious pressure spread when activating Great People.
Taruga. Scientific. Suzerain bonus: Science bonus per strategic resource in cities.
Hunza. Trade. Suzerain bonus: Gold bonus for trade route distance.
$40, will wait for a sale obv

They also included some stuff for everyone in the patch including changing how the diplomatic victory works:
patch notes
Here are the full notes on today's update:

Maya & Gran Colombia Pack

[NEW FEATURES]

Maya Civilization
Unique Ability – Mayab
Farms provide +1 Housing and +1 Gold.
+1 Amenity for every Luxury Resource adjacent to the City Center.
Settling adjacent to Fresh Water and Coast does not provide extra housing.
Unique Unit – Hul’che: replaces the Archer. Stronger than the Archer and receives +5 Combat Strength when attacking wounded units.
Unique Infrastructure – Observatory District: Replaces the Campus Science District. Adds a minor adjacency bonus with Farms and a major adjacency bonus with Plantations.

Leader - Lady Six Sky
Unique Ability – Ix Mutal Ajaw
Non-capital cities within 6 tiles of the Capital gain +10% to all yields.
+5 Combat Strength to units within 6 tiles of the Capital.
Non-capital cities outside of the 6 tile range receive -15% to all yields.
Agenda - Solitary
Builds cities close to the Capital.
Dislikes: nearby armies and settlements

Gran Colombia Civilization
Unique Ability – Unique Ability – Ejército Patriota
+1 Movement to all units.
Promoting a unit does not end that unit’s turn.
Simón Bolívar Unique Ability - Campaña Admirable
[Base Game] Earn a Comandante General when entering a new era.
[Rise and Fall/Gathering Storm] Earn a Comandante General when the game enters a new era.
Comandante Generals are a new type of Great General unique to Gran Colombia.
Unique Unit – Llanero: Replaces the Cavalry. Less Maintenance and +4 Combat Strength for every adjacent Llanero. Fully heals when in range of a Comandante General that activates.
Unique Infrastructure – Hacienda Improvement: +1 Production, +2 Gold, and +1 Housing. +1 Food for every 2 adjacent Plantations (increased to every Plantation with the Replaceable Parts technology). Plantations and Haciendas receive +1 Production for every two adjacent Haciendas (increased to every Hacienda when you discover the Rapid Deployment Civic). Can be built on Plains, Plains Hills, Grassland, and Grassland Hills.

Leader – Simón Bolívar
Unique Ability - Campaña Admirable
[Base Game] Earn a Comandante General when entering a new era.
[Rise and Fall/Gathering Storm] Earn a Comandante General when the game enters a new era.
Comandante Generals are a new type of Great General unique to Gran Colombia.
Comandante General
Antonio Jose de Sucre
Passive Effect: +5 Combat to units within 2 tiles.
Retirement Effect: [Base Game/Rise and Fall] Instantly creates the strongest unit you can build. This unit receives a free promotion.

[Gathering Storm] Instantly creates the strongest unit you can build. This unit receives a free promotion. This unit requires no resource maintenance.
Francisco de Paula Santander
Retirement Effect: [Base Game] Gives a Random Civic.

[Rise and Fall/Gathering Storm] Gives a Governor Title.
José Antonio Páez
Retirement Effect: +4 Combat Strength to all Heavy and Light Cavalry units within 2 tiles.
Rafael Urdaneta
Retirement Effect: All your units within 2 tiles regain all their Movement and can attack as if they had not made attacks this turn.
Santiago Mariño
Retirement Effect: +4 Combat Strength to all Melee and Anti-Cavalry units within two tiles.
Gregor MacGregor
Retirement Effect: Grants 1 promotion level to a military land unit and Gold equal to the 50% of the purchase cost of the unit.
Manuel Piar
Retirement Effect: +7 Combat Strength to a unit.
Antonio Nariño
Retirement Effect: Increase Trade Route capacity by 1. Receive a Trader in the nearest friendly city.
Mariano Montilla
Retirement Effect: Units within 2 tiles gain +4 Combat Strength vs. District Defenses.
José Félix Ribas
Retirement Effect: Opposing units within 2 tiles lose 30 HP.
Agenda – Carabobo
Builds Encampment District buildings to earn more experience with units
Dislikes: civilizations with unpromoted units.

Apocalypse Game Mode [Gathering Storm]
New Unit – Soothsayer
Can call upon the God of Destruction to cause a Natural Disaster. Doing this requires a Unit Charge. Once all charges have been used, the unit is removed.
Unit starts with 1 charge, but additional charges can be gained through their promotion tree.
New Scored Competition – “Appease the Gods”
Players can use Soothsayers to sacrifice units to a volcano to gain points.
Soothsayers gain a new action: Appease - Target a friendly unit adjacent to a volcano and sacrifice them to gain score equal to their production cost.
Rewards include a free Soothsayer, Soothsayer promotions, and additional Faith per turn.
New Game Ending Final Climate Stage – The Apocalypse
The world enters the Apocalypse upon hitting the final temperature increase.
Disasters are more powerful, frequent, and capable of destroying entire Civilizations over several turns.
New Disasters
Comet Impact:  Smashes into land tiles destroying improvements, units, districts, or even cities in the impact zone. Impacted tiles are replaced with an impassable Comet Lake.
Solar Flares: Affects the entire map. Pillages power-generating districts/buildings/improvements (except the Dam). Damages advanced units (GDRs especially).

Mythological Natural Wonders
Bermuda Triangle
5 Science to adjacent tiles.
Naval units that enter the tile gain a Unit Ability called “Mysterious Currents” that grants +1 Movement and are teleported to another Ocean tile somewhere on the map.
Paititi
3 Gold, 2 Culture to adjacent tiles.
Major adjacency for Commercial Hubs and Theater Squares.
City that has it in its territory receives +4 Gold on its outgoing International Trade Routes.
Fountain of Youth
4 Science, 4 Faith
Units that enter it gain a Unit Ability called “Water of Life” that gives +10 HP when they heal in any territory.
Provides Fresh Water

Resources
Maize: Improved by Farms. Bonus Resource. 2 Gold. Grassland, Plains.
Honey: Improved by Camps. Luxury Resource. 2 Food. Grassland, Plains.

Disasters [Requires Gathering Storm]
The following disasters are not tied to the Apocalypse game mode. These disasters can occur during standard games.
Forest Fires: Starts in a random Forest/Rainforest and spreads to adjacent Forest/Rainforest/improved plots every turn. Tiles on fire damage units and pillage improvements. Forest/Rainforests grow back with additional bonus yields.
Meteor Showers: Pummels unowned land tiles pillaging improvements and damaging units. Exploring impact sites grants players a free Heavy Cavalry unit with no resource upkeep.

City-States
Caguana
Type: Cultural
The Suzerain’s builder can build the new Batey Improvement.
Bateys provide +1 Culture and additional +1 Culture for every adjacent bonus resource and Entertainment Complex (becomes +2 with Exploration Civic.) +100% Tourism from Culture. Cannot be placed adjacent to another Batey. Placed on any flat terrain without a feature.
Singapore
Type: Industrial
Player’s cities receive +2 Production for each foreign civilization that they have sent a Trade Route.
Lahore
Type: Militaristic
Suzerain's of this City-State can purchase the new unique Nihang unit with Faith.
The Nihang unit has 25 Combat Strength. Has a unique promotion tree. Receives +15 Combat Strength for every Encampment building when trained. No maintenance cost.
Vatican City
Type: Religious
When the player activates a Great Person, they spread 400 Religious pressure of the player’s founded (or majority) religion to cities within 10 tiles.
Taruga
Type: Scientific
+5% Science in all cities for each different Strategic Resource they have.
Hunza
Type: Trade
Receive +1 Gold for every 5 tiles a Trade Route travels.

Free Game Update

[BALANCE/POLISH]
Updates to Diplomatic Victory
Diplomatic Victory Points Resolution becomes +2/-2 (previously +2/-3)
Victory is now determined upon player turn start, rather than upon receiving points.
Players now lose Favor per turn for each occupied Original Capital.
Aid Request penalty for pollution is doubled.
Increased Favor penalty for pollution to -1 Favor per 3 pollution more than average (Previously per 5 pollution, capped at -20 per turn from -10).
Anti-Air Combat Strength increased to +7 once formed into Corps and Armies (Fleets, Armadas).
Greatly reduced the chance that City-States will spawn adjacent to Natural Wonders or on top of resources.
Fixed an issue that was allowing aircraft based on Carriers as well as embarked units to count toward the Flanking bonus when attacking.
Unmet players now get a visible pie wedge in the CO2 chart.
Tweaked volcano spawn spread. Volcanoes will no longer spawn adjacent to each other. Large portions of the map are no longer skipped over. 1 volcano per continent is guaranteed.
Tweaked mountain spawn locations for more intelligent placement.
Palenque City-State renamed Mitla.

[UI]
Players can now manually resize the Offers and Inventory panels during trades.
Players can now select different text sizes for the chat panel.
Added page history trail to Civilopedia for easier navigation.
Fixed an issue that was causing “click” sounds to play whenever a notification was auto-dismissed.
Base unit costs and maintenance are no longer shown in the Production Panel. Production Panel now shows only the cost relevant to the city in which the item is being produced. Base values are shown in the Civilopedia as well as the Tech and Civics screens.
Added a fix to allow Barbarian Sighted and New Camp icons to properly show in notifications.
Fixed an issue where the Tech/Civics Tree scrollbar was being clipped by the background.
Improved Deal and Deal Cities presentation by adding item grouping, sub-categories, and collapsing categories.
Added icon for Reef adjacency bonus
Altered some team colors to be more visible.
Better dynamic sizing of various menus – Save/Load, Hall of Fame, Mods, Setup Menu
Fixed an issue where buttons in multiple World Tracker menus have partial functionality during World Congress sessions.

[AI]
Improve Religious Belief analysis - Tends to stop Warrior Monks from always being first chosen
Adjust importance of Great Person Points for city projects for AI to make them more competitive with other buildings for AI attention.
Fix an issue where the AI was not always using its land ranged units to attack hostile sea units.
Fix an issue that could cause the AI to identify a target city for a missionary based on gossip without knowing the actual location, causing the missionary to freeze in place.
Improved coastal city ability to recruit naval units for city defense.
Adjusted city priority to target wounded units over siege when under attack.
Improve air attacks in operations
Conditions changed for AI to pursue Culture Victory.

[MP]
Fixed an issue where the Diplomatic Victory displays nothing in the World Rankings when teams are enabled.
Fixed an issue where the Scored Competition prompt would overlap the chat panel when viewing the World Tracker during a Multiplayer game.

RED DEATH [PC ONLY]
Fixed an issue causing the Matchmaker to fail when overloaded.
Overall improvements to AI:
AI will more aggressively explore in the early game.
AI will now target enemy units with nukes.
AI will use better protection of Civilians in all phases.
Additional fixes to improve AI play.
Fixed an issue where nukes were applying a maintenance cost to certain units, causing them to be removed from play when the player went bankrupt.
Updated the Diplomacy ribbon to show the eliminated players.
Fixed an issue that could cause the AI to cease attacking enemy units once they are in the final Safe Zone ring.
Fixed an issue that could cause the AI to act too passively with ranged units.
Fixed an issue that was causing the overlay to either not show up or show up inconsistently.

[MODDING] [PC ONLY]
WorldBuilder
Advanced Mode: when placing a district, if the placement is going to fail because of a missing tech, civic, or population, auto-fix that so it succeeds.
Placing a feature over an incompatible resource will now delete the resource.
Fixed an issue where using the right mouse button to paint would successfully change all tiles except the tile initially clicked on.
Plot Selector now allows changes in the rotation of an existing feature.
Various additional UI and quality of life improvements.
Fixed various crashes.

[BUGS]
Fixed an exploit allowing multiple Pantheon bonuses (e.g., infinite builders/settlers) by hitting ESC immediately after selecting a Pantheon.
Fixed an exploit where unit Movement Speed and Combat Strength could be retained by upgrading near a Great General.
Fixed an exploit where the same District could be built in a city multiple times.
Fixed an exploit where a free Policy change was granted after ending a turn with a completed Civic selected.
Fixed an issue where Great Generals Horatio Nelson and Georgy Zhukov’s Retirement Abilities were incorrectly granting Combat Strength equal to the number of units a player owned.
Fixed an issue where Neighborhoods built by Brazil were failing to gain additional Housing from adjacent Rainforests.
Fixed an issue where the Foreign Culture Victory Imminent notification had no functionality when selected during gameplay.
Fixed an issue where the amount of Science already spent when viewing the Technology Tree during gameplay was not being displayed.
Fixed an issue where Phoenicia was gaining multiple GDRs with Golden Age Dedication, Automaton Warfare.
Fixed an issue where Capture Unit ability was successful even when not attacking.
Fixed an issue where incorrect information was present when viewing the resource tooltip in the CO2 Contribution section of the World Climate menu.
Fixed an issue where the incorrect "Turns Remaining" numerical value was displayed in prompts for completed Emergencies while another Emergency Competition was active.
Fixed an issue where Settler tooltips were not showing up.
Fixed an issue where the Arrow Storm unit promotion was applying while defending.
Fixed various text bugs.
Fixed various audio bugs.
Crash
Fixed an issue causing Mac to crash when trying to run DX12 full-screen
Various additional crash fixes addressed.
Perf
Multiple performance and memory improvements.

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback across our social media channels, the Civilization subreddit, Steam forums and elsewhere. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
[close]