Author Topic: E3 2016 (see first post for Discord chat)  (Read 47284 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: E3 2016 (see first post for Discord chat)
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »

God... got so nostalgic for the Dreamcast 1.5 era on Xbox 180 after watching this.

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2016, 11:33:26 PM »
Catching up on trailers and did MS even have anything besides PD remaster and hardware?

On Sony side Spiderman looks good, Days Gone looks shit, God of War looks potentially good, Horizon looks good but c'mon it's GG I don't trust it, Detroit looks lol.  Multi-stuff South Park was funny but no gameplay, RE7 looks lame, Watchdogs 2 looks alright.

*edit* oh yeah, Dead Rising 4, that was ace.

bluemax

NO

Bebpo

« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »
It looks more like RE4 with some additional downtime character stuff to me tbh.  TLoU does not have combat like that GoW boss.  Combat gameplay looked good to me and you know this is just the boring "plain" combat.  Add in all kinds of crazy weapons and I really think it'll be an RE4 style action game which I'm cool with.

And yeah, traditional character action combat has basically nothing post-Transformers atm unfortunately :(

El Babua

« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2016, 12:33:31 AM »
Can't believe a Nier game is our last hope for character action lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2016, 12:36:52 AM »

:confused
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #247 on: June 14, 2016, 12:44:18 AM »
whats wrong with the gow game wrath?

it looks great

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2016, 12:48:08 AM »
tap circle to reprimand your son

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »
hold f to remain emotionally distant
pcp

bluemax

« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:45 AM »
whats wrong with the gow game wrath?

it looks great

The camera isn't fixed perspective and it had a lot of TLoU style theme parking.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Personally I think it looked cool so far.
[close]
NO

Rahxephon91

« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2016, 01:22:45 AM »
My thoughts are that in general this was a good, but safe E3. I don't think most of the games looked bad. Plenty of good stuff coming. Really, almost everything looks good. Yet, no real big surprises.

Microsoft was really safe though and in the end have pretty much made me really enthusiastic about the system. I don't care about Halo, Gears, or Forza. What I liked about the 360 was in it's early days it had all this crazy stuff. Stuff that probably suited my taste and no one else. It would be stupid for me to expect them to announce a new Lost Odyssey. Still, it's not like it was bad.

Gears looks solid, if not just more Gears. I don't give a shit about the world or characters so the return of Marcus does nothing for me. I wish it was a bit more horror oriented though, but whatever. Don't really care about Recore either.  Never been into Dead Rising. Sea of Thieves does look great, but I actually hope it really emphasis being a crew with people and having team work be needed. I don't want another boring loot grind MMO lite game. It's really easy to make those kind of games look great in video forum though. Scalebound did nothing for me. It still looks slow and boring, but I'm still there DAY 1. The first State of Decay was good, so I'm interested in an improved sequel.

I don't know, some good stuff but nothing exciting.

Sony well, Playstation in general has more stuff I'm into. Persona, Gravity Rush, ect so I'm already on Playtsation's side despite whatever they showed.

Days Gone was pretty yawn inducing in both it's showing. Generic sounding lead and then boring Zombie Open world crap. It was cool that the Zombies were this big group moving, but that was the one cool thing shown. As it is, it looks like any other Zombie game. An open world Zombie game has great potential, but no one has really hit it yet. Trust issues, supplies gathering, and complete slow moving tension should be the keys here. It dosen't really look like anything unique.

God of War looked nothing like God of War. I hate God of War so I'm interested.

Horizon looks so damn good.

Detriot will probably be dumb, but it's got production values and it has a setting I like.  So I'm interested.

I don't know what the fuck Resident Evil was. Looked like nothing any type of RE fan would want. Certainly not what I want.

Spider-Man was cool, except for the stupid costume.

So Sony had some cool stuff.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2016, 01:26:25 AM »
And I can't help but be interested in Death Stranding because of how shitty, stupid, and up it's own pompous ass that trailer was.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: E3 2016
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2016, 02:07:25 AM »
In the land of probably not happening: Saints Row V please?
To be fair, Agents of Mayhem is probably filling that niche.

Vertigo

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:53 AM »
More info on that Kojima game

- No involvement from Del Toro
- Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game, it's just a logo
- It's an action game
- Game setting is still secret
- Kojima won't say the name of the main character
- Game will take "some time" to make, don't expect it soon
- Game name is related to the stranding of something that is dead, like a whale on a beach, something from some other world comes to a new place

So the game will take "some time" I don't seriously expect to see this game till at least 2018 maybe later.

Sony are in a delicate position here they want to keep Kojima onside so will probably allow him a bit too much freedom.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2016, 02:25:36 AM »
All these games look like they are running on Neo, which looks like it might be holiday 17 as well.

I like they are doing something new witg GOW, cant keep the same formula forever :)

Ms conference: 6/10
Sony conference: 8/10

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »
What the fuck did they do to Resident Evil?  :oreilly :brazilcry

People bitched about RE4 killing the franchise creatively, this new first person PT shit is the legit killer of the franchise. This game shouldn't be called RE7, it should've been its own Resident Evil spin off series.
OH!

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2016, 02:50:16 AM »
Downloading RE7 NOW

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2016, 03:58:39 AM »
Ordered a new 1TB PS4 from Amazon :rock

Edit: will just pick it up in a store next door instead  :doge
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:19:38 AM by Premium Lager »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2016, 05:07:21 AM »
More info on that Kojima game

- No involvement from Del Toro
- Kojima Productions logo has nothing to do with the game, it's just a logo
- It's an action game
- Game setting is still secret
- Kojima won't say the name of the main character
- Game will take "some time" to make, don't expect it soon
- Game name is related to the stranding of something that is dead, like a whale on a beach, something from some other world comes to a new place

So the game will take "some time" I don't seriously expect to see this game till at least 2018 maybe later.

Sony are in a delicate position here they want to keep Kojima onside so will probably allow him a bit too much freedom.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2016, 06:56:17 AM »
Quote from: Mr Waluigi;206968433
None of the companies had exciting surprises or announcements to make

At most Microsoft revealed Project Scorpio ("announced" would be a better word) but it also tanked their Xbox One S reveal, so...

Sony had KokiPro's new game but that's about it

If Nintendo goes all out with Zelda, they have a chance to save this boring E3 ("if" is the keyword)

Quote from: casiopao;206970804
It will be absolute irony if Zelda actually become the biggest game to see in this E3 after all Nintendo treatment to E3 lol.

Like, Nintendo don't give a damn about E3 and they still end up capturing the most attention lol.^_^

:rofl

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:00:18 AM by Premium Lager »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »
Watched the Sony conference. Spider-Man looks nice and Horizon looks OK, but the rest was underwhelming as fuck and years out. And they still have no "Killer App" game for PSVR. Only "Experiences" based off existing games (Which is becoming a problem since Rift and Vive have none either this E3. And they have been released).

It was just an underwhelming E3 compared to how overhyped it was. And now the fanboys are fighting about how putting everything on PC is bad and "Consoles need exclusives".

archie4208

« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2016, 07:47:48 AM »
Watched the Sony conference. Spider-Man looks nice and Horizon looks OK, but the rest was underwhelming as fuck and years out. And they still have no "Killer App" game for PSVR. Only "Experiences" based off existing games (Which is becoming a problem since Rift and Vive have none either this E3. And they have been released).

It was just an underwhelming E3 compared to how overhyped it was. And now the fanboys are fighting about how putting everything on PC is bad and "Consoles need exclusives".

Lawl.  My favorite part of E3 was how every Microsoft game is gonna be on PC.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:37 AM »
Yeah but not Steam or GOG  :-\

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:10 AM »
The guy in front of me on the train is repeatedly watching that new FF15 footage

:piss America :piss2
serge

archie4208

« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:50 AM »
Irrelevant.  I have over 1000 games on Steam and I still use every other service because I'm a fan of games, not clients.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:25 AM »

This isn't a bad thing, idk why its a bulletpoint. Xbox is now part of the "Windows" ecosystem. Now we can all play Gears and Dead Rising together :v
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
Irrelevant.  I have over 1000 games on Steam and I still use every other service because I'm a fan of games, not clients.

Well yeah I have all of them installed except Uplay.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:48 AM »
Mostly a very weak e3 for me. Nothing new really caught my eye. The things I thought were going to be neat, were indeed neat but nothing new really caught my eye like in year's past. I thought a new Red Dead was going to be announced.

Dishonored looks cool.
Titallfall 2 looks cool.
Battlefield looks cool.
Watchdogs despite also looking kind of dumb looks to be an improvement over the original.

that's about it....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:47:23 AM by Stoney Mason »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2016, 09:16:53 AM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
This is a boring e3
püp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »
An OK E3, a few games I'm interested in, others I'd like to know more about... biggest surprise was RE7 looking nothing like an RE. And that Last Guardian is actually getting released this year.

I did like how the companies didn't really waste much time on nonsense, like social media integration or apps or TV or stuff tangentially related to games, nor did they go on and on about sales figures. Except for MS with that long-ass part about Minecraft, does anyone still care about that game anymore?
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2016, 09:40:12 AM »
Umm... yes, a lot. Minecraft is not for you
fat

archie4208

« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
Uh yeah.  It just passed 100 million copies sold and still sells 50k copies a day.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »
Anyone try the RE7 demo?

It really does feel like what would happen if someone took PT and made an actual game out of it. Only played about 15 minutes. I'll try to dig into it more later today.
nat

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »

This isn't a bad thing, idk why its a bulletpoint. Xbox is now part of the "Windows" ecosystem. Now we can all play Gears and Dead Rising together :v

People are still attached to brands by the hip and need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future away from dedicated hardware. Fanboys having screaming fits that "Xbox has no exclusives", Sony "Won" because they had exclusives (lol) and now there's a huge "But exclusives are important and justifiable" resurgence after years of being told "It's a bad anti-consumer move". 

All Sony has to do is make their own PC client and make dosh out of the demand for their titles since no PC gamer is going to buy a PS4 just for those. That audience is way out of reach, embrace PC and make money. Console peasants will still buy their consoles. Same with Nintendo (Well, if Nintendo would ever make a sound business decision).

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
only got to play re7 for about the same amount of time. graphics look better than the trailer, and the gameplay  gave me strong amnesia vibes. i feel a little better but i need to see how combat works. hoping capcom will answer 1. how long the game is and 2. if it's all first person. also wondering if the game will have camp like all the other entries, or if they aim to get rid of all that.
pcp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2016, 10:27:49 AM »
only got to play re7 for about the same amount of time. graphics look better than the trailer, and the gameplay  gave me strong amnesia vibes. i feel a little better but i need to see how combat works. hoping capcom will answer 1. how long the game is and 2. if it's all first person. also wondering if the game will have camp like all the other entries, or if they aim to get rid of all that.

I believe they've said it's all first person.
nat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2016, 10:32:20 AM »
ehhhhhhh.... is this gonna game gonna have gameplay beyond search and find and rudimentary melee? is it a fps? i hope the release more info this week, especially considering the release is just six months away.
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
It's VR, you really think there's gonna be combat?
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
does anyone still care about that game anymore?

(Image removed from quote.)

tiesto, truly finger on the pulse of gaming.

(You're a retro-gamer, so I forgive you. :p)

TVC15

« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »
Alright, so we're what, an hour-ish away from Zelda? What are we expecting? Worst Zelda game ever, or just worst game of this E3?
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:23 AM »
Best game of E3, it's the only one to not have any zombies
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:26 AM »
I see RE7 as being PT/Outlast/Amnesia with Resident Evil style puzzles and inventory stuff.
nat

TVC15

« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »
Best game of E3, it's the only one to not have any zombies

It will probably have those OoT zombies, and they'll reuse that exact same scream sound effect from it. Probably the same textures, too.
serge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »
best thing about the zelda reveal will be that it'll once again not be anything like Skyrim, dark souls, or any other challenging game that aging nerds wish it would emulate
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2016, 11:08:02 AM »
I see RE7 as being PT/Outlast/Amnesia with Resident Evil style puzzles and inventory stuff.

I'm sure they can deliver a good game like this, it's just that it would feel... too scaled back from old games. the action direction was unsustainable and they needed a change up, but if I'm gonna spend $60 i need something more than a knockoff of a genre where games usually go for $20 - $40.
pcp

TVC15

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2016, 11:09:20 AM »
Do you think we might be able to figure out the NX's shitty gimmick based on the demo? I'm assuming that it'll be noticeably shoehorned into the game somehow, even if it has to be toned down/negligible in the Wii U version.
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
It will probably be WiiU version
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »
Yeah, Nintendo has said it will be the Wii U version of Zelda. Also Pokemon will be there. Dunno what else.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »
i hope they dedicate at least 50% of the conference to the dragon Quest 7 remake since it'll be better than all the other shit there
pcp

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
Probably going to try to make people "Understand" Metroid Federation Force again, even though the game looks fucking awful.

Next Level Games is too good for this shit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »
i hope they dedicate at least 50% of the conference to the dragon Quest 7 remake since it'll be better than all the other shit there

I didn't pay attention to this game and assumed it was just the PS1 version ported to 3DS.  I like how it looks now that it has been remade-- you can even see the characters in battle.  Might pick this up; was holding off for VIII but this looks like something I might actually play now.
ど助平

TVC15

« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
No chat for the Nintendo thing? The link ain't working for me no mo.
serge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
Click through, then hit the T on the left side.

Tasty

« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:58 AM »
Won't be in Discord in order to completely immerse myself in the Zelda presentation.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »
Zelda footage looked cool

Then they're like "So pokemon!"

And I shut the stream off
fat

Tasty

« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
THIS INTERFACE IS SO GOOD :rejoice

All these little touches man. The shade when approaching a new trainer! An actual animation when picking up an item! Access to stat changes during battle! :whew

This is Black and White all over again. :lawd