Author Topic: Sonic Forces is Deviant art trash, Sonic Mania looks dope as fuck though  (Read 3918 times)

Wrath2X

Sonic Mania looks tits awesome. Also, since we're getting a new modern Sonic game anyway going back to Generations was easily the best choice(half of it will be unleashed gameplay I'm not a fan of but more HD classic Sonic is definitely welcome).

This was all announced at the cringefest that was the anniversary show, which was Konami E3 levels of garbage. If I find a good video chronicling the bad of it I'll post it later.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:04:15 AM by Kaffir The Reaper »

Take My Breh Away

Taxman and Stealth doing their own solo Sonic :gladbron

As for the new project, At least Sonic Team are going back to the games in the last decade people actually liked, Generations and Colors. All they need to do is sort the length issues of some of the stages. Planet Wisp was fucking awful to slog through in Generations because it just went on and on and on (Still astounds me that the best level in Generations was Crisis City from Sonic 2006. The classic version was hella fun)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Those... those actually look good. WTF is going on at Sega!? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

VomKriege

• Do the moron
That Mania title screen animation is pretty great : :jawalrus
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Another 3D game.
:donot

But Mania?  Made by the dude who did those awesome enhanced Sonic 1, 2 and CD ports?  All over that.  Looks great, even though it's kind of sad that to make a good Sonic game, you have to go back and re-use 16-bit assets.  :doge
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
I can't believe I stayed up to almost 1AM watching the stream only to be given a CG trailer :fbm

Crush 40 was nice tho.
Boo

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Mania looks fucking awesome, it was funny I was recently telling my friend about Christian Whitehead's Sonic CD remake and then it turns out he'll be doing a new throwback game. Even the 3D one, if they go back to Generations, may not be so bad. Just keep the cinematics and furry shit to a low.
^_^

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Mania looks good

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Generations was probably the best 3D Sonic since the original Sonic Adventure and Mania looks really great, too. Sega finally doing something right for a change with their most enduring franchise? What a time to be alive.
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
haven't really liked sonic since 1994 but i will absolutely give mania a shot
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
That boss music sounds pretty dope. :rock
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Mania looks really good. Generations was really good too, hopefully that whole "darkness" trailer doesnt make it all edgy
fat

Yeti

• Hail Hydra

Sonic faces his greatest challenge. Stepping on Legos.
WDW

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
I know its cool to rag on Sega, Sonic, and the Wii, but eff it, Sonic Colors was great. I'll gladly take more of that. Haven't played Generations yet but it seems like it was a nostalgia grab done right. Wouldn't it be nice if Sega actually got this shit right for once?

qq more

Sonic Mania is the exactly kind of game I've been waiting for sooo long. I can't wait to see more of it.

I know its cool to rag on Sega, Sonic, and the Wii, but eff it, Sonic Colors was great. I'll gladly take more of that. Haven't played Generations yet but it seems like it was a nostalgia grab done right. Wouldn't it be nice if Sega actually got this shit right for once?
Yeah Generations was really great, the god awful shitty final boss aside. If you like Colors, you'll like Generations too.
ok

Tasty

Mania looks like what Sonic 4 should have been. I still chuckle when I think about how Sega hyped it, shit Episode 1 out, dribbled Episode 2 out which fixed some of the complaints, and then went completely silent on Episode 3 even though the "saga" is clearly unfinished.

What I most liked about the Mania trailer is the lighter color of Sonic. Being legit serious too. /HUELEN

Oh and the music was great.

Project Sonic is giving me Sonic 2006 vibes of grimdark self-seriousness, not a good thing but Colors and Gen were good enough for me to be selectively hopeful (for now.)

bluemax

I never understood the Sonic gameplay.

When everything goes fast, it's too difficult to do anything cause everything moves so fast, so it's like you're on a rails

And when things are slow, it becomes a platformer; a very typical platformer inferior to Mario

Sonic has always been bad.
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Yeah these look good, fuck sonic haters! Fuck sonic fans too!

qq more

:rejoice Tee Lopes
ok

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
i knew i saw the first part of that sonic mania trailer before:

qq more

ok

thisismyusername

Hmm... so it's going to be Sonic 3 + Knuckles. Interesting. Seems like this (if good) will be the true Sonic 4, then?

Tasty

That trailer warmed the cockles of my heart and I don't even think the Genesis games were all that great.

$20 too :lawd

That video is almost ruined by the green eyed bitch in the thumbnail though. :wag

Tasty

Hmm... so it's going to be Sonic 3 + Knuckles. Interesting. Seems like this (if good) will be the true Sonic 4, then?

Lol in the official trailer Mania is literally the next "true" Sonic after "& Knuckles," haha (elevator = 1, 2, 3, K, M.)

RIP Sonic CD :'(

Burn in hell Sonic 4  :sheik

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
holy shit they even had a little knuckles chaotix in there
pcp

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Mania might end up being my first Sonic game I ever play.  :doge

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I like how the elevator goes 1-2-3-K-M because 4 was trash

Tasty

I like how the elevator goes 1-2-3-K-M because 4 was trash

It's one of the best things about the trailer.

Along with the music.

And the gameplay.

And the animation.

But mostly the music.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
There was a 4?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
There was a 4?

There was 2/3rds of a 4.
©@©™

thisismyusername

That video is almost ruined by the green eyed bitch in the thumbnail though. :wag

Ok, Hulen. Settle down.

Tasty

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Never cared all that much about Sonic, but I hope Mania sells 3 billion copies, as a big fuck you to Nintendo.

Tasty

Never cared all that much about Sonic, but I hope Mania sells 3 billion copies, as a big fuck you to Nintendo.
:confused

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Very minor nitpick: the way Sonic's sprite rotates on inclines and loops kinda bothers me.
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
i'm still confused as to what exactly this game is. will it just be a bunch of new levels using themes and enemies and whatnot from the old sonics?
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
works for me game looks amazing
pcp

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I want mania in my veins like now.