Author Topic: GPD-WIN Pocket PC Series  (Read 11422 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: GPD-WIN Pocket PC Series
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2021, 02:12:37 PM »
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2021, 07:05:56 AM »
The Playstation dual legends are a nice touch, if way too small :P

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »

:phil :mouf :lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2021, 01:20:40 PM »
Got my Win 3!  This is GPD's best hardware yet. Feels very premium and good quality. Game performance is insane. It's hard to believe that this is all working so well on a unit that is the size of a Nintendo Switch Lite.

The touch keyboard is not the best, but also not quite as bad as you might think. Since it's a PC, you can always just use a external keyboard and mouse with it regardless. I have it hooked up to a portable monitor and I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to do some setup stuff and it works great. Takes up less space on a surface then a regular laptop would.

For whatever reason, they decided to ship these with zero packing protection inside the boxes. The actual GPD box itself does a good job of holding the unit in place and has some small protection, but I can absolutely see some people getting them damaged which sucks.  Fortunately mine was totally fine except for one thing-

-One part did arrive damaged- the screen protector, lol.  It appears to be the exact same size as the Switch Lite screen, so ordered some Lite screen protectors along with a Lite case.

-Not sure what kind of SSD is in this thing, but it is FAST.  The fans are also quieter than the previous Win models.

-The d-pad is really good, but with fighting games, you need to roll it on the outside.  Using the center won't work.  The face buttons are good and I have no issues with them.  The triggers are awesome.  There are two more buttons on the back of the unit.  It comes with software to map them to whatever you want- by default, the right one is CTRL+ATL+DEL so no need to worry if something messes up in-game.  Some have complained they hit it accidentally.  Didn't happen to me, but you can always turn it off so not an issue.

-Only tried a couple of games.  I spent most of last night getting stuff copied over and downloading the few games where copying wouldn't work.  I still have around 300 gb of free space available, so might try putting Mass Effect on here.  Having a portable version could salvage that train wreck for me.

Street Fighter V- defaulted to everything on max at 720P.  Seemed pretty smooth, but not 100%.  Dropped details down from max to high and it's a locked 60 FPS at 100% resolution scale.  If I drop that down, I could probably do max detail, but at this screen size, it doesn't matter.

Yakuza Like A Dragon- defaulted to 720P, low settings, at 60 fps.  Buttery smooth.  Super impressive.  Might try higher detail settings with 30 fps since you don't need 60 fps for this game.

Control- Not sure what's up with this.  It loads with the graphic settings locked and is rendering at 1080P, so it runs like garbage.  Not sure if an update broke this or what- it ran fantastic on my Win Max.  Might have to try a reinstall since I am using a modified .exe to allow the Astral Suit to be used.

Dead Or Alive 6- This game crashed on the Win 2 and was stuttery on the Max.  It runs much better on here.  It seemed a bit wonky at 720P, but dropping to a lower resolution worked.  Nice to finally have a working portable version of this!

Soul Calibur VI- On the Win Max, this game has a weird issue where it crashes if you're connected to the Internet.  Not a problem here!  Forget what the settings defaulted to, but I want to say it was high at 720P with a lower resolution scale.  Looks beautiful and is a locked 60 fps.

KOF 2002 Unlimited Match- had trouble doing dragonpunch motions on the Win dpad, but it's more ridgid here.  Didn't have a problem with SFV.
ど助平