Author Topic: The fuck millenials thread  (Read 11997 times)

Himu

The fuck millenials thread
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »
Colin Kapaernik didn't vote. Lots of black kids on IG and Twitter boasting they didn't vote. Cut your nose off, morons.

Reddit is full of idealists who are fine this happened because "Bernie would have won" even though that dude lost and supported Clinton for months and decided to either vote third party, Trump, or not at all.

Fuck millenials.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: The fuck millenials thread
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
At least its a step up from fuck white people

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:04:41 AM »
Yeah let's blame millenials and not the dnc for the myriad of things they fumbled or the record turnout among white ppl. Millenials are at fault for everything.

Himu

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:05:48 AM »
Yeah let's blame millenials and not the dnc for the myriad of things they fumbled or the record turnout among white ppl. Millenials are at fault for everything.

Nah fuck them too
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:58 AM »
Hindsight is 20/20 but Hillary and the DNC could have learned a lot of lessons with Brexit and numerous other populists winning in Europe and how conventional rhetoric failed to battle them etc. etc.

But they came out swinning with the same schtick as every other loser politician.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »
Let's not pretend that millenials are blameless in this. Kapernick is a perfect example. Loads of anger and yelling. No action taken if it doesn't get them noticed. Yes, the DNC ignored the white vote and went hard with identity politics which doesn't work. But if millenials had come out voting in proportion to the noise they make about issues it's likely a few states that were lost due to white votes could have been won.
que

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:59 AM »
And Hillary would've done what for you besides not be Donald Trump?

Himu

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »

Look at the thread Viscen made.

Are you joking?
IYKYK

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »

Look at the thread Viscen made.

Are you joking?

Oh, ok  :doge

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »
Fucking drama queens
dur

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »
Just because the rigged system has set up our vote as a binary choice (and get you suckered in to it through fear), doesn't mean people need to participate in it.

In fact, many people (like Kaep) have more power through their freedom of expression than their individual vote.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:53 PM »
Ok, fuck millennials, but the other generations are actually worse. Hillary did better with white millennials than either white gen-xers or boomers.

Your other thread is probably more on the nose of the actual issue. White people OVERALL got Trump elected

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
Yeah, fuck millennials who feel hopeless because they live in an oligarchy that has screwed them over and deprived them of their future

Fuck millennials who didn't vote for another neoliberal scumbag because the other scumbag is slightly worse

Fuck millennials who weren't excited about voting for another corrupt politician

Fuck millennials for being disappointed with Obama who protected the bankers and wanted to pass abhorrent trade deals like the TPP

Fuck millennials for not accepting the rigged DNC primaries

It's millennials who are at fault here, not the entire US political system. Yeap, that's it.

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »
Just because the rigged system has set up our vote as a binary choice (and get you suckered in to it through fear), doesn't mean people need to participate in it.

In fact, many people (like Kaep) have more power through their freedom of expression than their individual vote.

they can still vote as well you dumb fucking animal
ǚ

Bebpo

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »
Millennials vote fine, it's just they are way too apathetic to come out and actually vote unless there's someone whose the latest coolness.  Elections to a degree are a high school popularity contest on steroids with the entire world at stake. 

Obama had the best line to millennials this election, "don't boo, vote!" Wasn't enough though.

It's no one group's fault.  Not even white people (see how Wisconsin turnouts on R were down).
A whole lot of factors fell in place to create the worse case scenario, including but not limited to,
-Media giving Trump a pass on items that should have made him unelectable, while pushing emails constantly to create a close race for ratings & money aka greed.
-Bernie's loss souring a substantial number of democrats from coming out to vote for Clinton (mostly millennials)
-Russian hacks, wikileaks, alt-right memes, reddit working constantly to smear Clinton
-20 years of Clinton smears by R
-minorities not coming out to the degree of the past two elections despite more at stake
-Gun control being a hot issue for middle America
-Sexism
-Racism
-Classism

If all that and more hadn't come together we wouldn't be here now.  Not worth focusing blame on any one group, it's a bigger issue.

I am starting to think that Bernie needed to either win the nomination or never ran.  I think either of those circumstances would've prevented Trump.  The middle ground of Bernie losing and splitting the party just enough to keep turnout down was a major issue. 

Tasty

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
Dont worry they will grow bitter with time

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

that's not how they voted, that's how they said they were going to vote ... but didn't. white boomers vote.
ǚ

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »

And once people own a house, have a family, their priorities change. It's all too possible they may find more to relate to with the Republican party over time.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 01:54:02 PM »

And once people own a house, have a family, their priorities change. It's all too possible they may find more to relate to with the Republican party over time.

I don't know, I've grown more liberal with time as I see more and more how fucked up things are.  I'm more pessimistic and realistic than optimistic, but I still don't get how a young person who cares about others and the world changes to fuck you, got mine as they get older.  I mean I do get it, when money's tight, economy's down, family costs an issue survival becomes #1. 

Still for everyone, including millennials, like the bitching that the political system is broke posts above, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a different reality.  Because I've seen Obama take a super fucked jobless recession economy and bring it back and create tons of jobs over the last 8 years.  In So Cal places went from ghost towns to every diner being packed and people out shopping in droves because the economy's picked back up and jobs are back and people have money to spend.  We've been hiring lots of millennials and starting minimum wage jobs at $15/hr at my work in the last 2-3 years because of the economy picking up.  Video game sales & movie ticket sales are booming because people have disposable income.  Things are pretty decent now imo, which is why I was fine with more of Obama but further left Hillary.  From the factory jobs that have gone to china or customer service jobs gone to India I can understand the frustration, but I don't really get why there's such an anti-establishment anger going on with the general populace because Obama is establishment and the last 8 years of Obama outside the drone strikes have been generally good.  There's always things to improve on, but we have a prosperous nation right now.

Himu

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »
i'm at a stage where i'm blaming everyone
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Syph

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »
 :lawd
the numbers are amazing
less of the white vote than romney
and he still won
goddamn
people just didnt show up for hillary
#imwithher, but only on facebook amirite? get fucked
XO

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »
So wait. You hate the same people who helped this country open their minds on sex and sexuality AND the acceptance thereof? Man you are a real mess....christ....
YMMV

Himu

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
So wait. You hate the same people who helped this country open their minds on sex and sexualjury at the acceptance thereof? Man you are a real mess....christ....

If those same people didn't show up to defend those very things they say they believe in? YES, ABSOLUTELY.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:20:56 PM »
They were too busy haw hawing about "Trump will never win".  I wonder what they thought about their vote as they watched the election go up in flames live on TV.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
the only reason not to vote is if you are against the system in general

otherwise you should go and do a strategic vote at least

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:26:34 PM »
LOL Mormons are like Millenials in reverse.
They talk about how Trump is evil and they'd NEVER support him. Then go out and vote for him

Which actually helps my hypothesis that the reason all the polls were wrong was because people were saying one thing "publically" and acting another privately.
que

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
Hillary got pulled down by the backlash from the all-female Ghostbusters movie.

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 03:50:06 PM »
LOL Mormons are like Millenials in reverse.
They talk about how Trump is evil and they'd NEVER support him. Then go out and vote for him

(Image removed from quote.)

Which actually helps my hypothesis that the reason all the polls were wrong was because people were saying one thing "publically" and acting another privately.

this is pretty standard fascist doublethink - the public and private face.  i know, the f-word - but it's true! trump's rhetoric plus the anonymity/reach of social media meant they need to exercise less precaution.
ǚ

bluemax

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 12:02:50 AM »
A white dude, who is younger than me, that I barely know and am not sure why I am  FB friends with anymore, was complaining about how millenials made it harder to obtain ammunition in California.

What even is a millenial.
NO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 12:06:39 AM »
Every person still alive after Woodstock '94.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 08:01:00 AM »

Something something, "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain?"

What even is a snake person.

Buzzword for 20-30 somethings and lumping some teenagers in as well. The word has lost all meaning at this point.

So wait. You hate the same people who helped this country open their minds on sex and sexualjury at the acceptance thereof? Man you are a real mess....christ....

If those same people didn't show up to defend those very things they say they believe in? YES, ABSOLUTELY.

Hun, the previous generations did the same thing. Are you going to "FUCK GENERATION X" for not showing up in the 90's? Boomers for not showing up in the ~70-80's?

Obama got the turn out he did due to making them feel like he'd be able to impact things. Over the past 8 years, he did get things done but not as fast (or some things, remember how Gaborn was railing him for marriage until he died like shortly before that happened?) they wanted. Hence not caring about politics now.

For me, personally: Folks that don't want to raise the minimum wage and give people a better standard of living in a post-industrial country to where they don't have to break themselves to live was more than enough reason to not care to vote.

HOWEVER, I did. Because it's my duty to do at least impact the local and state levels.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 08:48:16 AM »
Fuck that repub at 40 shit. I'm approaching that and still went for Hill. My parents are both retirees and are still progressives.
Hi

Rahxephon91

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »
Honestly fuck this thread. I voted and I tired to keep myself informed about the election before I did.  But honestly why should I? All this week showed me was that America is a country I shouldn't have any faith in. It nominated someone who was such a comical character that calling him a Comic Book Super villian isn't even stretching it. I've never seen someone so transparent in how this is an ego thing for them. The moment he said that he alone can fix it, is the moment any sane person should have seen that this guy is full of shit. It was clear from the debates how uninformed he was, how unknowledgable he was, how unsuited for the President he was. This should have been obvious to anyone. Instead, people we're unsure if he did ok at the debates, even going as so far to say oh since he didn't call her a bitch he did ok and I guess won. What the fuck? This isn't even counting his raciest platform.

Instead I saw most people call Hillary a liar, while watching Trump lie through his teeth at every moment. I saw people constantly claim "EMAILS" without even knowing wtf it was about. I've seen people constantly claim Obama is the worst President for no real reason other then he's black. It's not like they follow politics or the economy, it really only is because he's black.

Instead, my future has been decided because whites decided to be raciest and believe in a snake oil man. One who wasn't even good at hiding the snake oil. So why should I as a millennial be enthused about any of this? Why should I have been even out there and voting when the country revealed in racism, anti-intellectualism, and sexism? I mean he got that far and no one tried to stop him and in four years he'll probably win again because my generation will be even more apathetic to a system that seems stacked against them and telling them their values don't matter. Being good and progressive dosn't matter. Actually understanding the system and having empathy for others doesn't matter. That's what Trump's win has basically taught me. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:51:55 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:22 AM »
Fuck that repub at 40 shit. I'm approaching that and still went for Hill. My parents are both retirees and are still progressives.
My mom flipped Republican to Democrat for Obama and hasn't looked back.  I keep getting texts about how depressed she is.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
Dude, I was republican growing up. Pretty staunch one actually. I was against Bill Clinton (for what I now see are actually democratic reasons lol). I was more anti-bush than I was pro-Gore. And while I wouldn't say I'm a "democrat" in the traditional sense. I'm WAY more liberal than I was growing up. That being said, socially I'm rather liberal, I suspect that I'm still not a true democrat in the modern sense. On one hand, I always said that Hillary was the best republican running, and while I agreed with Bernie's idea I thought his plan was laughable. If we had republicans like Eisenhower left. I might still be republican. But we don't. I never really believed that saying "Show me someone who isn't liberal when they're young and I'll show someone without a heart. Show me someone who isn't conservative when they grow up and I'll show you someone without a brain." I do think its more apt to say when you're young you're an idealist and don't think through how things actually work and if you don't you're already dead inside. But when you get older you see how things work and that idealism gives way to more pragmatic thinking and if you haven't learned to be pragmatic you're not paying attention. Many people believe in conservatism as a sign of pragmatism. I think it's perfectly possible to be pragmatic and liberal, but you wont be consider but conservatives will think you're a liberal and liberals will think you're conservative.
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
Overheard recently:

"Yeah, Trump is an idiot, but at least he's upfront with his idiocy! Hillary is just evil."

This was said by a millennial.
dog

Himu

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2016, 01:19:42 PM »
Honestly, I made this thread yesterday when I was willing to blame anyone and everyone. I was wrong and I'm sorry.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 01:24:01 PM »
No harm venting on the Net. Don't beat yourself over it. :yeshrug
ὕβρις

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
Yeah, we all want to fuck millenials sometimes.

Himu

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2016, 01:28:02 PM »
I know I do :tauntaun
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »
Being good and progressive dosn't matter. Actually understanding the system and having empathy for others doesn't matter. That's what Trump's win has basically taught me.

This is the wrong lesson to take from this. When you lose you don't take your ball and go home, you figure out why you lost and play again.

I get the doom and gloom while the wound is still fresh, but advancing a progressive agenda is not easy. It's never been easy. If someone told you it would be easy, they're wrong. If you're giving up to the extent that you're not even going to vote anymore, I wonder if you actually cared in the first place. Being a campaign aide is hard. Mailing letters and calling people is hard. Getting involved and learning policy is hard.

You know what's not hard? Checking a fucking box every couple years. I'd apologize for my tone but this is absolutely the wrong attitude to have. Our rights and our future and the future of generations to come are too important to give up on.

This is America. Don't walk away.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
awww andy's so mature politically :heart :heartbeat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
I know I do :tauntaun

Same here, though I'll take a milf X'er too if the opportunity arises 8)
^_^

Himu

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2016, 02:03:06 PM »
closing this thread, it was wrong and harmful.
IYKYK