Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443884 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Everyone is Bolton for the exits.
« Reply #18120 on: April 30, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18121 on: April 30, 2018, 07:00:28 PM »
*Puts on the Jack Remington signal*

SHILLARY SHILLARY SHILLARY EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS.

Ok, you here, Jack?

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/385461-democrats-losing-support-of-millennials-survey

:smug :smug :smug

Democrats are losing support among the millennial bloc of voters, according to a new Reuters–Ipsos poll published Monday.

The survey found that 46 percent of respondents said they would vote for the Democratic candidate over the Republican in their congressional district. That number is down 9 points from 55 percent who said they would back a Democrat in a survey taken during the same time frame in 2016.

Twenty-eight percent of respondents in the poll published Monday said they would vote for the Republican, which was up 1 point from 2016.

Reuters noted that support for Democrats is particularly fading among white voters in the 18-34 age bracket.

While 47 percent of white millennials said they would vote for the Democratic candidate in 2016, only 39 percent said they would back the Democrat this year. That number was equaled by those who said they would support the GOP candidate.

Results of the survey come as both parties prepare for the midterm elections in November, when Republicans will defend their party’s majority in both the House and the Senate.

The Reuters–Ipsos poll of 16,000 millennial voters was conducted online from January to March of this year.

Maybe telling the poor white voting block "fall in line," when they're struggling and another candidate says "yeah, I see you struggling. Let's try to fix that" doesn't work? :idont

(Yes, yes, online survey. But I fully expect a similar sentiment from that voting block, especially given the ones I know.)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18122 on: April 30, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/congress-must-take-away-trumps-unlimited-authority-to-wage-war/2018/04/29/e2c70bd4-4a55-11e8-8b5a-3b1697adcc2a_story.html
Quote from: Believe me, Tim Kaine
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and I have negotiated and introduced a new military authorization designed to accomplish these goals. If passed, it would repeal the open-ended 2001 authorization that has provided no meaningful limitations on the who, when or where in the war on terrorism (as well as the outdated 2002 authorization used to justify the Iraq War). Under our proposal, Congress would vote to approve continued military action for four years against al-Qaeda, the Islamic State, the Taliban and designated combatants who are engaged with them in hostilities against the United States or our battlefield partners. This would establish an expedited procedure that Congress could use to swiftly review any change in whom or where we’re fighting, and reject those changes if we choose. And it would establish an expedited procedure to revise, repeal or extend military action against these terrorist groups every four years.
How are you going to continue that military action for four years when the army funding expires after two years? :thinking

And we should clarify that military action against a sovereign nation, except to defend the United States from imminent attack, requires separate congressional approval.
Wow, this sounds highly unconstitutional to me! Good luck at the Supreme Court, Tim.

Nola

« Reply #18123 on: April 30, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »

Maybe telling the poor white voting block "fall in line," when they're struggling and another candidate says "yeah, I see you struggling. Let's try to fix that" doesn't work? :idont

(Yes, yes, online survey. But I fully expect a similar sentiment from that voting block, especially given the ones I know.)

Eh, this is one poll. But it would fall in line with the sort of shifts you see toward incumbent parties during a healthy economy(also the fuck you, I got mine mentality that grows and Reuters used as one anecdote). I think trying to claim this is some deeper message about failed economic messaging is a stretch at best. It looks like a large chunk of the shift is by white voters, so wouldn't that be more of a notch on the idea of white identity politics that Trump specializes in being a greater factor than tailored millennial economic messaging that we have seen little of?

Though if I'm trying to prognosticate 2018, I'd be more persuaded by actual results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2MVeM2K7WgqmJw5RCQbWyTo2u73CX1pI8zw_G-7BJo/edit#gid=2144047916

44 R => D flips, 6  D => R flips in all special elections since 2017. With a 12% overall shift in Democrats favor, 16% in 2018.

Or the fact that barring rare occurrences, the presidents incumbent party almost always loses significant seats in their first mid-term.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:21:20 PM by Nola »

benjipwns

« Reply #18124 on: April 30, 2018, 07:31:11 PM »

imagine how much worse off they'd be if they had nominated cross-burning Grand Wizard Bernie Sanders with his "Restore the Confederacy and Jim Crow" platform instead of a universally beloved Abuela (may she rest in peace) with a pro-Obama agenda

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18125 on: April 30, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »
timu, are you tryna make jack look sane by comparison?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #18126 on: April 30, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
In more George Mason University news, they acknowledged that donors were given a say in the hiring and firing of professors.

https://apnews.com/0c87e4318bcc4eb9b8e69f9f54c7b889

Because the best free speech is the kind you pay for :money

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18127 on: April 30, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
The newly released emails are heavily redacted and do not expose the donor, but they do show that Leonard Leo, executive vice president of the conservative Federalist Society, is described as a representative of the donor.

oh come on

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #18128 on: April 30, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
Exclusive: Democrats lose ground with millennials - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Oh look, DNC continues to collapse as the failed Hillary Clinton strategy of bitching about Trump, spamming idpol and screwing progressives isn't working. SHOCKING

Sweet baby Jesus please let me be here if the Democrats lose and Jack Remington has his biggest and probably final meltdown.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18129 on: April 30, 2018, 09:05:23 PM »
already got posted, champ

Nola

« Reply #18130 on: April 30, 2018, 09:23:09 PM »

Oh look, DNC continues to collapse as the failed Hillary Clinton strategy of bitching about Trump, spamming idpol and screwing progressives isn't working. SHOCKING

Sweet baby Jesus please let me be here if the Democrats lose and Jack Remington has his biggest and probably final meltdown.

Collapsing to the tune of flipping 44 Republican seats to their 6 since Trump's election....Which was already pointed out.

But yeah, keep cheering on Trump and conservatives because that makes sense for a commie anti-capitalist.

Optimus

« Reply #18131 on: April 30, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »

Collapsing to the tune of flipping 44 Republican seats to their 6 since Trump's election....Which was already pointed out.

Personally I would consider being humiliated by a fucking reality star with no prior political experience or support from the corporate establishment a fucking collapse. But sure, the consolation prize sounds... nice?

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #18132 on: April 30, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
Those great foes the corporate establishment and the Republican Party.
bent

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #18133 on: April 30, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
if that poll does reflect broader trends it's pretty interesting

overall millennial support for Republicans is almost unchanged, but whites in that group have shifted Republican, which implies there has been a counterbalancing swing away from Republicans among minorities that the reporting on the poll has ignored. My guess is that the drop in numbers for the Democrats is due to the economy and apathy over Democratic messaging (speaking anecdotally young people are a lot less invested in the Russia story than the older, MSNBC-watching crowd.

agrajag

« Reply #18134 on: April 30, 2018, 09:42:46 PM »

Personally I would consider being humiliated by a fucking reality star with no prior political experience or support from the corporate establishment a fucking collapse. But sure, the consolation prize sounds... nice?

How come you constantly post the same shit as alt-right trolls?  :flabbypd

Optimus

« Reply #18135 on: April 30, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »

How come you constantly post the same shit as alt-right trolls?  :flabbypd

Because maybe just like "alt-right trolls" I despise DNC?

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #18136 on: April 30, 2018, 09:53:11 PM »
optimus have you read any of The Intercept's articles about the DCCC intervening in primary races?

kingv

« Reply #18137 on: April 30, 2018, 10:40:45 PM »
Has Optimus been black-pilled?

Also, I don’t see how that Jack whatever dude is actually an uncle, like he’s not really an ugly dude.

Nola

« Reply #18138 on: April 30, 2018, 11:42:44 PM »

Identity over policy, how very cerebral of you.

etiolate

« Reply #18139 on: April 30, 2018, 11:42:52 PM »
The shift has people not liking/supporting dem but not shifting Republican outside of white males. (Because the whole you're the devil and the cause of evil thing isn't working for them.)

Don't know if they're shifting independent or even further left. The dems main prob is that "we're not them!" doesn't work when your party is losing white voters because your message is filled with racial tones that are often anti-white for no good reason. No come to Jesus moment post-Trump yet. You have an elitist upper class atmosphere. You act morally superior behind Hollywood stars who turn out to be donating to your party while treating actresses and talent like an endless supply of whores.

But call everything alt right and see  how that works for ya. I don't know where the shift is going but I doubt they'll be attracted to the left's snobby entitlement.

agrajag

« Reply #18140 on: April 30, 2018, 11:45:19 PM »
they're shifting to Kanye's Poopdie Scoopdie Party

Nola

« Reply #18141 on: April 30, 2018, 11:49:09 PM »
Negative campaigning and identity politics are bad, fuck the libs....thats why the president that is anchored around negative campaigning and white identity politics is in the White House.

- etiolate's electoral wisdom distilled.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #18142 on: May 01, 2018, 05:03:46 AM »
The line of questions Mueller is set to ask Trump, as reported by the NYT, vindicates me. Despite being post-Cohen, these questions are still only primarily obstruction of justice related. There is little more to investigate and the investigation is coming to a close.
每天生气

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #18143 on: May 01, 2018, 07:29:34 AM »
they're shifting to Kanye's Poopdie Scoopdie Party

rub

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #18144 on: May 01, 2018, 07:36:21 AM »
"- Hitler's mustache is as narrow as his mind.
- Wow I can't even right now. Not appropriate. Shaming appearances, I was shocked."

Your country is fucked. Ours to follow shortly
ὕβρις

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #18145 on: May 01, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »
The line of questions Mueller is set to ask Trump, as reported by the NYT, vindicates me. Despite being post-Cohen, these questions are still only primarily obstruction of justice related. There is little more to investigate and the investigation is coming to a close.

I'm listening to the dulcet tones of James Comey reading his book on my commute to and from work. Yesterday I was at the part where he discussed that competent prosecutors have a good feeling on whether or not the case is prosecutable. At this point Mueller has to have drafted a written summary.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #18146 on: May 01, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #18147 on: May 01, 2018, 09:25:28 AM »

If it's triggering one of the resident anti-feminist Trump apologists to want to tell everyone how much they hated it, thats probably solid evidence it wasn't complete trash in its aims.  :jawalrus

Anti-feminist, yes. But Trump apologist?  :lol

Nola

« Reply #18148 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
Famous last words.

Be mindful of anchoring though lol.

However this might be a good place to remind that Mueller’s time schedule was to have a report on obstruction by the summer and to continue on with the larger investigation after that. Seems fairly unlikely he’s even able to wrap up everything up all that soon if he wanted to. For one he still has one trial to participate in later this year and many of the open threads we’ve seen movement on are still wide open.

Boredfrom

« Reply #18149 on: May 01, 2018, 10:24:36 AM »

If it's triggering one of the resident anti-feminist Trump apologists to want to tell everyone how much they hated it, thats probably solid evidence it wasn't complete trash in its aims.  :jawalrus

Anti-feminist, yes. But Trump apologist?  :lol

You guys are not exactly making a case against that notion.

agrajag

« Reply #18150 on: May 01, 2018, 11:11:23 AM »
Lol, there is a bunch of questions in there that deal directly with collusion. And like Nola said, I doubt the investigation will be wrapped up any time soon. Not a good look, Stosta.

Optimus

« Reply #18151 on: May 01, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »

You think I despise DNC because I favor identity over policy? It's the complete opposite you numbnuts, you're the one that blindly defends the corrupt rightwing DNC scum and then pretends to have have anything to do with the left.

shosta

« Reply #18152 on: May 01, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
Lol, there is a bunch of questions in there that deal directly with collusion. And like Nola said, I doubt the investigation will be wrapped up any time soon. Not a good look, Stosta.
You think I actually read the questions instead of just the first two lines in the NYT article, crapping out a hot take and shitposting that? I got shit to do!
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #18153 on: May 01, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »
Bitch you ain't got nothing going on!

:bolo

shosta

« Reply #18154 on: May 01, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
A few things:
- the few questions about collusion are just about events we already know and tying up loose ends. Did Trump know about Kushner trying to set up a back channel, and what was that Trump Tower meeting about? For an investigation that also includes financial ties, seemingly the only thing is still that real estate deal, the one Maddow insists is one of many ways Trump helps Russian oligarchs funnel dirty money out of Cyprus.
-This line:
The special counsel told Mr. Dowd in March that though the president’s conduct is under scrutiny, he is not a target of the investigation, meaning Mr. Mueller does not expect to charge him.
For how long this has been going on, you'd think they'd know something, anything that would make Trump a potential target. There's no Magnum P.I. buildup of clues here, it's just been a tiresome runaround of the same facts.

I leave open the possibility that this evolves into campaign finance fraud, and maybe even egregious fraud, but that's way different from the Russia investigation.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:31:54 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18155 on: May 01, 2018, 12:25:23 PM »

You think I despise DNC because I favor identity over policy? It's the complete opposite you numbnuts, you're the one that blindly defends the corrupt rightwing DNC scum and then pretends to have have anything to do with the left.

genuinely curious – how do you propose to advance a true progressive platform in the states with lasting success?  I think you and I actually have a lot of the same beliefs outside of some weird fetish with corporate media being satan's asshole.  Do you think a Tea Party-like uprising in local and midterm elections can help force the DNC to steer that way?

I want a progressive country, but we don't have any choice or chance of success without the DNC.
püp

shosta

« Reply #18157 on: May 01, 2018, 01:02:23 PM »
每天生气

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

benjipwns

« Reply #18159 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
There’s Nothing to Stop the 2018 Elections From Being Hacked
But although congressional Democrats are pledging not to use stolen or hacked materials in their campaigns this fall, their Republican counterparts have so far declined to match that commitment. That partisan split could leave the November elections open to malicious interference.

The DCCC is “committed” to ensuring that “illegally stolen and hacked materials are not weaponized in any campaigns,” its communications director, Meredith Kelly, said. A spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee—who requested anonymity to discuss the committee’s policies—was more circumspect, saying that the committee is “open to working with anyone to tackle cybersecurity issues.” Democrats are irked that the NRCC hasn’t responded to their written requests for cooperation, a decision the NRCC spokesman attributed to a lack of “trust.”

The divide has further complicated the parties’ ability to offer a unified response that could discourage future election attacks. “The antidote to future election hackings is unity, unity of Democrats and Republicans banding together to say we won’t weaponize what others stole,” Democratic Representative Eric Swalwell said. “If we take away a big stage for hackers to showcase their work, they’ll hack less. The GOP’s refusal to sign this agreement invites more attacks on our democracy. It’s time to unite.”

It is not clear how the NRCC would react if it were given a damning email or text hacked from an opponent. Setting aside the potential legal liabilities, using hacked documents in a campaign could encourage cybercriminals to continue meddling in U.S. elections. There is also never a guarantee that the stolen documents are authentic.
:lol

“If you are an American, and are offered stolen materials on your opponent, pick up the phone, and call the FBI,” Adam Parkhomenko, a Democratic consultant and adviser to Hillary Clinton, told me. “If this is not something you are willing to do, there is a man named Robert Mueller who would be very interested in speaking with you.”
:dead

kingv

« Reply #18160 on: May 01, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
A few things:
- the few questions about collusion are just about events we already know and tying up loose ends. Did Trump know about Kushner trying to set up a back channel, and what was that Trump Tower meeting about? For an investigation that also includes financial ties, seemingly the only thing is still that real estate deal, the one Maddow insists is one of many ways Trump helps Russian oligarchs funnel dirty money out of Cyprus.
-This line:
The special counsel told Mr. Dowd in March that though the president’s conduct is under scrutiny, he is not a target of the investigation, meaning Mr. Mueller does not expect to charge him.
For how long this has been going on, you'd think they'd know something, anything that would make Trump a potential target. There's no Magnum P.I. buildup of clues here, it's just been a tiresome runaround of the same facts.

I leave open the possibility that this evolves into campaign finance fraud, and maybe even egregious fraud, but that's way different from the Russia investigation.

(Image removed from quote.)

It is highly likely, based on past events, that Mueller actually knows the answer to the questions that he is asking toe either corroborate other testimony or feel out how much Trump
is trying to conceal.

There have been multiple articles written by former prosecutors stating that being a “subject” vs a “target” of an investigation is not particularly meaningful, and you don’t really want to be either.

Also: as more or less proven, that “list of questions” is just informal notes taken by trumps legal team so it doesn’t really “prove” anything. Not to mention it may have been edited down by whoever leaked it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18161 on: May 01, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/385602-muellers-former-assistant-says-grammatical-errors-prove-leaked-questions-came

This definitely feels like what happened, given how good Mueller has been about keeping information from getting out to the press.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #18162 on: May 01, 2018, 01:31:50 PM »
Quote from: benjipwns
"If you are an American, and are offered stolen materials on your opponent, pick up the phone, and call the FBI,” Adam Parkhomenko, a Democratic consultant and adviser to Hillary Clinton, told me. “If this is not something you are willing to do, there is a man named Robert Mueller who would be very interested in speaking with you.”

:drudge

agrajag

« Reply #18163 on: May 01, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/385602-muellers-former-assistant-says-grammatical-errors-prove-leaked-questions-came

This definitely feels like what happened, given how good Mueller has been about keeping information from getting out to the press.

Also Trump raging at the press when his own legal team leaked their notes  :lol

:trumps

kingv

« Reply #18164 on: May 01, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »

Also Trump raging at the press when his own legal team leaked their notes  :lol

he probably TOLD them to leak it.

That is 100% in character.

Edit: if we were to take the list at face value of being accurate, the wording of this question:

“What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign, including by Paul Manafort, to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign?”

Seems to suggest that whoever wrote the question knows that Paul Manafort solicited help from Russia. It seems unlikely that Trump would be completely oblivious to that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:52:39 PM by kingv »

benjipwns

« Reply #18165 on: May 01, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »
why doesn't Robert Mueller want to ask questions of the sitting President and DNI while the Russian HACKING OF THE ELECTION PROCESS was occurring? :thinking

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:putin
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #18166 on: May 01, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »
Why didn't Robert Mueller stop the Donald Trump Campaign colluding with the Russians in 2016? He's the real criminal.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #18168 on: May 01, 2018, 01:57:26 PM »
why doesn't Robert Mueller want to ask questions of Joy Ann Reid who was hacked continuously for years by Russian-aligned Bernie supporters as part of a plot to undermine #TheResistance? :thinking

r24play
This straight man LOVES YOU EVEN MORE JOY!!
[close]

agrajag

« Reply #18169 on: May 01, 2018, 01:59:47 PM »
Joy Reid   :thinking :thinking :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #18170 on: May 01, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »
Why didn't Robert Mueller stop the Donald Trump Campaign colluding with the Russians in 2016? He's the real criminal.
how is he supposed to stop something that didn't happen ???

what's next you want him to stop steel beams from being melted by jet fuel? :neogaf
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 02:06:01 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #18171 on: May 01, 2018, 02:07:25 PM »
that does raise another question though, why hasn't Robert Mueller investigated 311? :thinking

[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18172 on: May 01, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
Because Mueller is a transistor
Lightning resistor
Conducting to the mother star
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #18173 on: May 01, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »
Special Counsel Report on Investigation into Russian Interference with the 2016 Election: Appendix F: 311 Discography Investigation and Analysis ... Pages: 978-2346

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18174 on: May 01, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »

🤴

Optimus

« Reply #18175 on: May 01, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

genuinely curious – how do you propose to advance a true progressive platform in the states with lasting success?  I think you and I actually have a lot of the same beliefs outside of some weird fetish with corporate media being satan's asshole.  Do you think a Tea Party-like uprising in local and midterm elections can help force the DNC to steer that way?

I want a progressive country, but we don't have any choice or chance of success without the DNC.

Yeap, we need to both support our own and keep boycotting every corporate democrat even at the expense of the next elections until we manage to hijack the DNC, otherwise these fucks will continue sabotaging us. Every single decision they've made after the elections shows that they're not interested in give in power, they only interested in symbolic bullshit to keep stealing our votes.

And corporate media are satan's asshole, the mere fact that they consistently push for more war should have convinced every progressive by now that these fuckers are dangerous and disgusting.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #18177 on: May 01, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
Cindi tried to warn us

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18178 on: May 01, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
Democratic Plantation is a genius phrase.

The mostly white Democrats will tell the minorities to toe the line (confirming the plantation theory) like they did with the working class rust belt.
If that shit catches on Trump has a new 'drain the swamp' and 'build the wall' to add to this greatest hits thanks to Kanye West.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #18179 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
Democratic Plantation is a genius phrase.

The mostly white Democrats will tell the minorities to toe the line (confirming the plantation theory) like they did with the working class rust belt.
If that shit catches on Trump has a new 'drain the swamp' and 'build the wall' to add to this greatest hits thanks to Kanye West.

Nintex, your inner Trumpkin is showing again. Calm yourself.