Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5459475 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Tulsi going forward when pressed on the lgbt issue should just mention that people evolve. Mention that Obama did the same thing. Easy peasy.

Hell, just post the comic if you have to.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
I get why NBC went with 10 candidates. I didn't get why NBC went with 5 moderators or why they switched them out. Just have one.

Himu

The comic is true, but Obama is a nice lightning rod because most Americans approve of Obama. I think it

1. humanizes her and shows she's willing to own up to past mistakes
2. show that she's not the only one who did it, even the former very popular president, and basically the country just changed

She could mention Hillary too but no one likes Hillary.
IYKYK

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
the Avelia Liberty away before he can ride it.

Godamn railfans are everywhere these days

OK, one, there was an article about that shit in the Wall Street Journal last month, and two, I'm in a relationship again with someone who's worked in the industry for 5-8 years. :hmph

First question in the debate should be about Amtrak's out of control pricing.

I just checked Newark-Philly 3 months out and the cheapest is $44.
:O

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Delaney interviewing on The Young Turks. He's complaining about plans, and how he has a detailed plan, Warren has a detailed plan, but some guys don't have a detailed plan. This guy has no shot.

shosta

All this twitter controversy over beto but no daps to tulsi for making tim ryan look like he was literally going to explode

每天生气

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Didn’t catch the debate.

Is the #Tulsunami2020 in full swing?  :gladbron
Margs

agrajag

I don't know, do you still desperately ride filler's coattails?

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1144104048036962304

All this twitter controversy over beto but no daps to tulsi for making tim ryan look like he was literally going to explode

(Image removed from quote.)

the daily beast covered it

james

When Tim Kaine was trotted out by Abuela as the official Hispanic person on the 2016 team, and he attempted his 9th grade Spanish at a rally, I called up the secretary of state and asked to be remvoed from the democratic party roles immediately.

BIONIC

Is there a large number of non-English speaking American citizens that are eligible to vote (and would actually bother doing so) that I’m not aware of? :confused

The whole speak Spanish thing during rallies and now fucking debates apparently is complete cringe :kobeyuck
Margs

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
First question in the debate should be about Amtrak's out of control pricing.

I just checked Newark-Philly 3 months out and the cheapest is $44.

I always compare it to the cost of driving + parking, but my brain has been poisoned by taking a nontrivial number of economics classes.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Subsidize mass transit (more).
[close]

curly

• cultural maoist
Is there a large number of non-English speaking American citizens that are eligible to vote (and would actually bother doing so) that I’m not aware of? :confused

The whole speak Spanish thing during rallies and now fucking debates apparently is complete cringe :kobeyuck

It's become a dick-measuring thing for the candidates imo. Most of these people are not very smart.

agrajag

more proof that Dirty Dems are trying to register illegals to vote

:drudge

james

It's become a dick-measuring thing for the candidates imo. Most of these people are not very smart.

But it shows how fucking lazy they are.

My gf pulls off a better Spanish accent after 3 months on Duolingo.

These folks are campaigning as a full time job. Some of them, like Beto, have been running their entire lives.

And THAT is the best they can come up with?

No mames guey.

BIONIC

Can’t wait for Warren to visit a black church and start speaking in Ebonics :lawd
Margs

james

First one to adopt a Hmong kid gets the Shosta vote.

Harris and Booker who dont have kids need to get on the adoption train ASAP.

Bonus points if they find a Muslim trans Hmong kid with a relatable disability.

curly

• cultural maoist
https://twitter.com/rtraister/status/1144093855979069442

Of course everyone on MSNBC is an order of magnitude dumber.

shosta

That tweet is dumb. He was just greasing her up so that she could talk more about that in particular. Chris Matthews is a great interviewer. Part of that is because he doesn't give a fuck and embarrassed some people tonight.
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
No he isn't

shosta

Why don't you come over here and say that to my fucking face?
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
he also has a very annoying voice

shosta

I'm gonna wring your little manga reading pinko pencil neck so hard you're gonna wish you had a voice even remotely as masculine as Chris Matthews'.
每天生气

Kara

curly

• cultural maoist
this is worse than the time you wanted to carpet bomb damascus

shosta

My formative years were spent watching Chris Matthews, Tim Russert, Keith Olbermann... these guys are my heroes. I model myself after them.
每天生气

BIONIC

Margs

Kara

I had to read Hardball: the Novelization in high school for class. :goty2

FStop7

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1144097932137943040

what a coward

What did anyone see in Beta?  He got worked by a loser like Ted Cruz.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
corey booger remind me of alien nation niccas

shosta

First one to adopt a Hmong kid gets the Shosta vote.
kingv and I have great respect for the hmong people.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
whom hmong us does not?

Kara

BisMarckie

Tasty

Tulsi going forward when pressed on the lgbt issue should just mention that people evolve. Mention that Obama did the same thing. Easy peasy.

Hell, just post the comic if you have to.

:dead

Tasty

Tim Ryan is like that guy at the party who took too big of a rip from the bong and just sits quietly in the corner.

Dam, it be like dat do

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Maria Bartiromo is on Fox Business now? Wild, she seemed so stereotypically sober back in the day on CNBC.
She's been on Fox Business for over five years. When CNBC/NBC was imploding during 2008-2011 Fox was buying up all kinds of people to try and twist the knife.

Tasty

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
First rule of Dem debates: Pay no mind to conservative opinions of Dem debates.
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
supreme court ruling today to basically let states handle partisan gerrymandering, unsurprisingly
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I guess it's not, like....the worst interpretation of this

it still really sucks
püp

agrajag

it really is. He's saying it's in the purview of politicians to pick their voters.

james

Fuck drunk drivers, but "When a driver is unconscious, Alito concludes, "the general rule is that a warrant is not needed."" is some scary shit

2. Gerrymandering

I told you folks to stock up on guns.

"The court holds that partisan gerrymandering claims present political questions beyond the reach of the federal courts."

Youre the fucking supreme court.

Conservative asswipes.

3. Census

DO YOUR JOB ASSWIPES

Thomas is the worst thing that happened to freedom since Hitler.

Major side eye to black people everywhere

benjipwns

The Supreme Court dealt an unexpected blow today to the Trump administration's move to add a controversial citizenship question to the 2020 census, ruling that official explanations for the move were implausible and legally inadequate.

In a surprising ruling, Chief Justice John Roberts joined the court's liberals on that point. The high court returned the case to lower courts for further action, raising doubts about the administration getting the go-ahead to add the question before upcoming deadlines to finalize the census questionnaire.
yikes, a dangerous precedent

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

benjipwns

The court ruled 6-3 to entirely strike down a longstanding U.S. ban on trademarks on “immoral” or “scandalous” words and symbols, ruling that the prohibition violated constitutional free speech rights in a case involving the streetwear brand “FUCT.” Three justices (Roberts, Breyer, Sotomayor) said part of the law was valid.
lol

james

Pleased to see the mob of people outside my window with torches and machetes rushing towards the supreme court and capitol.

Oh wait, what, Americans are obese fucks who would struggle to march for free donuts?

agrajag

did someone say free donuts, where?

james

Garbage country with garbage people

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE YELLOWSTONE SUPER VOLCANO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

james

Bernie is the only candidate who would actually make PR and DC states and add 10 new judges to the SC.

If you're not supporting Bernie, you are enabling Trump.

benjipwns

Pleased to see the mob of people outside my window with torches and machetes rushing towards the supreme court and capitol.

Oh wait, what, Americans are obese fucks who would struggle to march for free donuts?
They're obviously waiting for the second half of the debate first for a full hearing of all the issues.