Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5443525 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Very legal and very cool
« Reply #45060 on: October 14, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »
zuck the cuck would be an autisty incel if not for thieving his way into billions. of course he's rightwing  ::)

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #45062 on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1183904463578419201

Apparently not legal and not cool.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45063 on: October 15, 2019, 03:15:49 AM »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45065 on: October 15, 2019, 03:34:30 AM »
On another occasion, he said, "Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” according to testimony by Fiona Hill.
Lmao imagine the guy who made the Iraq invasion plans saying this
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45066 on: October 15, 2019, 09:01:31 AM »
The rats are starting to eat each other.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45068 on: October 15, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184168291775995904

Trump ready to blow up CNN as his buddies prepare to take control of the network :lol
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45070 on: October 15, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1184163962545491969

lmao this dumb 'investigation' into CNN is lit
🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #45072 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »
 :drudge :drudge :drudge

President Donald Trump looks likely to cruise to re-election next year under three different economic models Moody’s Analytics employed to gauge the 2020 race.

Barring anything unusual happening, the president’s Electoral College victory could easily surpass his 2016 win over Democrat Hillary Clinton, which came by a 304-227 count.

Moody’s based its projections on how consumers feel about their own financial situation, the gains the stock market has achieved during Trump’s tenure, and the prospects for unemployment, which has fallen to a 50-year low. Should those variables hold up, the president looks set to get another four-year term.

The modeling has been highly accurate going back to the 1980 election, missing only once.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html
:O

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #45073 on: October 15, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
A new challenge approaches.

https://mitt2020.org/

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We, the world, can not have another 4 years of Donald Trump. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...the bigotry, the racism, the hatred must end now. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

That being said, there is one man, and one man only to restore decency, civility and dignity to our great land and that’s Mitt Romney. Get behind our movement to “nudge” Mitt to run. Buy a shirt and wear it proud. Show your support for the next President of the United States, America’s 46th President, Mitt Romney.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #45074 on: October 15, 2019, 02:36:27 PM »
MITT TWENTY, ROMNEYVISION!
©@©™

Pwnz

« Reply #45075 on: October 15, 2019, 02:37:30 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge

President Donald Trump looks likely to cruise to re-election next year under three different economic models Moody’s Analytics employed to gauge the 2020 race.

Barring anything unusual happening, the president’s Electoral College victory could easily surpass his 2016 win over Democrat Hillary Clinton, which came by a 304-227 count.

Moody’s based its projections on how consumers feel about their own financial situation, the gains the stock market has achieved during Trump’s tenure, and the prospects for unemployment, which has fallen to a 50-year low. Should those variables hold up, the president looks set to get another four-year term.

The modeling has been highly accurate going back to the 1980 election, missing only once.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html

That's really grasping at straws. The economy has been sustained at a consumer level since inauguration, but the 2018 elections and Trump's approval rating indicates a landslide loss for him.

Hilarious that economic data analysts are using feelings a year out of the election rather than, you know, economic data about the economy.  Latest PMI is still below 50 (PDF in link):
https://www.markiteconomics.com/Public/Home/PressRelease/6d5ffb41584d4c08a54706d85d3580b3

I think we're not officially in an industrial recession with 2 quarters of contraction.  There's a good chance we'll have net economic recession in a year, but even if we don't Trump's numbers are a guaranteed loss.  Now watch Democrats fuck it up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45076 on: October 15, 2019, 02:53:32 PM »
Trump has already dragged everybody into a shit show 13 months out and is not leaving any room for any Democrat to gain any traction, outside of the ones already known to the public (Biden, Warren, Sanders).
It looks like he might've sunk Joe Biden 2020 enough to get the Democrats to nominate Elizabeth Warren, which means every wall street grifter, CEO and/or hedgefund manager will do anything in their power to keep him in power.
Bloomberg is also again considering a run in case Biden doesn't make it.

Unless they find the second JFK or Obama, the Democrats don't stand a chance.
He's pushing the Democrats to run on supporting Middle East wars, increasing taxes and green deal policies.

He'll be running on having ended 'The War on Terorr', Dow 40k, Kanye West at rallies, playing golf with Kim Jun Un, Elon Musk Mars missions and Mar-a-lago membership passes.
He'll probably think of some big construction project as well. My guess, a space elevator that China has to pay for.
🤴

shosta

« Reply #45077 on: October 15, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »
I'm going to watch the stupid fucking debate again today :fbm
每天生气

Occam

« Reply #45078 on: October 15, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »
I'd rather play vidyagames and have y'all waste your time instead and provide me with a summary later. :)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45079 on: October 15, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #45080 on: October 15, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
whoever he's up against in debates needs to be all "you promised a wall, where the wall tho"  :gurl
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #45081 on: October 15, 2019, 03:22:12 PM »
I'm going to watch the stupid fucking debate again today :fbm

Just make a drinking game out of it. I’ve been drinking every time someone says ‘if you like your healthcare you can keep it’ and when Joe! says ‘ the fact of the matter is...’; I’m blacked out by the time closing statements happen.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #45082 on: October 15, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »
I hope they all yell at bernie tonight.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45083 on: October 15, 2019, 03:31:31 PM »
🤴

Pwnz

« Reply #45084 on: October 15, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »
He may be double speaking, but if he isn't my bet is the House will give another 2 warnings and then send out the sergeant at arms by the 20th.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #45085 on: October 15, 2019, 03:45:19 PM »
LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

LOCK HIM UP

:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #45086 on: October 15, 2019, 05:26:07 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45087 on: October 15, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »
Rudy will testify like Lewandowski did.
Trump will encourage him live on Twitter.

How the Democrats haven't figured out that no one deeply embedded in Trump World(TM) isn't totally on board with the dank agenda is beyond me.

The Democrats are playing a dangerous game. Pinning their hopes on a CIA whistle-blower with closed hearings.
They should've kept the process open because the needle to impeachment isn't going to move much now that they're turning this into a partisan issue and Fox News can scream DEEP STATE all day.
Meanwhile as the media has nothing to report on Trump impeachment they instead turn to Hunter Biden who sunk himself.

If Beto or some other Democrat feels cheeky and calls out Biden tonight, the Trump campaign can play that tape all day every day on the Facebook record player.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45088 on: October 15, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1184096063193571334
During Tuesday’s debate, the DNC will use a software tool called Trendolizer to track trending disinformation. Trendolizer — think TweetDeck but with lots of fancy graphs — scrapes data from social media and across the internet to surface hidden content that is on the cusp of going viral. Its “Hotness” filter alerts users when something new is about to take off. If it’s potentially damaging misinformation about a Democratic candidate, DNC Tech flags it for its “counter-disinformation contact” on the affected campaign and recommends that they reach out to one of the third-party fact-checkers that Facebook relies upon—such as The Associated Press, Poynter, or FactCheck.org.

A fact-check is crucial: Once it’s attached to the news, Facebook will adjust its algorithm and diminish the spread of the story. (In guidance to the campaigns, the DNC is careful to note that “Checkyourfact.com, which is owned in part by Tucker Carlson, is another Facebook third-party fact-checker that the DNC is not in communication with.”)

The DNC flag-and-respond operation is more art than science. Campaigns can ask the DNC to turn the dials up and down on Trendolizer to figure out how much a "misinfo" threat has to spread before they are alerted. It’s up to the individual campaigns to figure out whether it’s worth worrying about the fake story or crafting a response.

“When contemplating a response to disinformation narratives, campaigns should consider whether misinformation has reached a tipping point where the costs of ignoring the issue are higher than the costs of the amplification that a response might generate,” the DNC privately instructed presidential campaigns on Monday.

In a previous email the party argued that a good indication of when to respond is when “the information has left closed communities,” such as 4chan or a fringe blog or social media account. (The DNC views the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., as a frequent conveyor belt for disinformation, pulling it out of closed communities and dumping it into the mainstream media, and so they watch his account carefully.)
After the September debate, DNC Tech sent out a summary of suspicious activity it spotted by monitoring Twitter. The party found that a Twitter thread by Beto O’Rourke was the target of “dogpiling,” the technical term for when trolls coordinate on one thread to dominate the candidate’s mentions. The Beto dogpile concerned a popular meme that says Beto is a furry.

Not everything deserves a response. When the DNC reached out and reported the furry dogpile to Beto’s campaign, the DNC staffer noted, “I haven’t flagged this activity to Twitter as I think the backlash to any action taken by them might be worse than the current activity.”

In addition to the dogpile, the DNC reported after the September debate “[a]t least three new right-wing narratives targeting candidates,” and that there was a “direct threat to one candidate, which Twitter removed in the early morning following the debate.”

The O’Rourke campaign recently faced a false story more concerning to them than the (mostly) harmless furry meme. Last month, a story spread online that the Odessa shooter, who killed seven people, had a Beto sticker on his car. “It’s the perfect kind of misinfo because it seems possible,” said Rob Flaherty, O’Rourke’s digital director. “It would undercut the whole narrative. If it were a reporter, we could just call them and they would issue a correction.”
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:49:05 PM by benjipwns »

Pwnz

« Reply #45089 on: October 15, 2019, 05:41:57 PM »
Biggest fail possible at the debates is if Bernie has a heart attack, is taken off stage with medics, and then later Biden tries to put Bernie on the spot forgetting he had a heart attack.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45090 on: October 15, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1184096063193571334
During Tuesday’s debate, the DNC will use a software tool called Trendolizer to track trending disinformation. Trendolizer — think TweetDeck but with lots of fancy graphs — scrapes data from social media and across the internet to surface hidden content that is on the cusp of going viral. Its “Hotness” filter alerts users when something new is about to take off. If it’s potentially damaging misinformation about a Democratic candidate, DNC Tech flags it for its “counter-disinformation contact” on the affected campaign and recommends that they reach out to one of the third-party fact-checkers that Facebook relies upon—such as The Associated Press, Poynter, or FactCheck.org.

A fact-check is crucial: Once it’s attached to the news, Facebook will adjust its algorithm and diminish the spread of the story. (In guidance to the campaigns, the DNC is careful to note that “Checkyourfact.com, which is owned in part by Tucker Carlson, is another Facebook third-party fact-checker that the DNC is not in communication with.”)

The DNC flag-and-respond operation is more art than science. Campaigns can ask the DNC to turn the dials up and down on Trendolizer to figure out how much a "misinfo" threat has to spread before they are alerted. It’s up to the individual campaigns to figure out whether it’s worth worrying about the fake story or crafting a response.

“When contemplating a response to disinformation narratives, campaigns should consider whether misinformation has reached a tipping point where the costs of ignoring the issue are higher than the costs of the amplification that a response might generate,” the DNC privately instructed presidential campaigns on Monday.

In a previous email the party argued that a good indication of when to respond is when “the information has left closed communities,” such as 4chan or a fringe blog or social media account. (The DNC views the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., as a frequent conveyor belt for disinformation, pulling it out of closed communities and dumping it into the mainstream media, and so they watch his account carefully.)
After the September debate, DNC Tech sent out a summary of suspicious activity it spotted by monitoring Twitter. The party found that a Twitter thread by Beto O’Rourke was the target of “dogpiling,” the technical term for when trolls coordinate on one thread to dominate the candidate’s mentions. The Beto dogpile concerned a popular meme that says Beto is a furry.

Not everything deserves a response. When the DNC reached out and reported the furry dogpile to Beto’s campaign, the DNC staffer noted, “I haven’t flagged this activity to Twitter as I think the backlash to any action taken by them might be worse than the current activity.”

In addition to the dogpile, the DNC reported after the September debate “[a]t least three new right-wing narratives targeting candidates,” and that there was a “direct threat to one candidate, which Twitter removed in the early morning following the debate.”

The O’Rourke campaign recently faced a false story more concerning to them than the (mostly) harmless furry meme. Last month, a story spread online that the Odessa shooter, who killed seven people, had a Beto sticker on his car. “It’s the perfect kind of misinfo because it seems possible,” said Rob Flaherty, O’Rourke’s digital director. “It would undercut the whole narrative. If it were a reporter, we could just call them and they would issue a correction.”
Lmao, dogpiling Beto is just @comfortablySmug and his followers posting: "Beto is a furry" to all his posts.
He also sends out his 'minions' to fuck-up every Twitter poll.

That they need Trendolizer software to figure this out is stupid af. The left has completely lost the battle in cyberspace.
The only remotely successful online campaign is crypto autisty Yang and mostly because rightwing trolls support getting $1000 and a goth gf so his memes have traction.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1184226313667665920
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45091 on: October 15, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »
It's gonna be a sad day when the trendalizer(jfc) turns out to be some IT dude setting up google alerts.

The party found that a Twitter thread by Beto O’Rourke was the target of “dogpiling,” the technical term for when trolls coordinate on one thread to dominate the candidate’s mentions.

:doge

I also heard today on npr someone explaining the difference between "trolls" in the early internet compared to now.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45092 on: October 15, 2019, 06:30:31 PM »
Dogpiling a furry is internet meme meta comedy the normies will never understand.

:dobbs

There's a legend that in some dark places of the internet they post faces of Lou Dobbs out of context as some sort of code. Could it be true?
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45093 on: October 15, 2019, 06:54:21 PM »
I really do love everything about the TRENDOLIZER as described in that article:
DNC Tech flags it for its “counter-disinformation contact”
turn the dials up and down on Trendolizer to figure out how much a "misinfo" threat has to spread
"When contemplating a response to disinformation narratives, campaigns should consider whether misinformation has reached a tipping point"
The DNC views the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., as a frequent conveyor belt for disinformation, pulling it out of closed communities and dumping it into the mainstream media, and so they watch his account carefully.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:58:38 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #45094 on: October 15, 2019, 06:56:23 PM »
"Attention Sanders Campaign: COUNTER-DISINFORMATION CONTACT needed for MISINFO please contact FACTCHECKERS to confirm if your candidate has died or not. Thanks, DNC TECH."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45095 on: October 15, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »
tfw your free shit posting on the toilet creates a $100 million data analytics platform opportunity.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #45096 on: October 15, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

COUNTER MISINFORMATION ACTION REQUIRED

"Please upload all your voter data in the following Dropbox for safe keeping against MAGA hackers:
Click here to deposit all your voter data

Thank you and very good day,

DNC Tech"
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #45097 on: October 15, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »
"P.S. This is NOT a Russian hacking attempt, you can trust us. Trump is very bad man."

Pwnz

« Reply #45098 on: October 15, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
Pence thinks if he ignores all the subpenises that it'll for sure cure him from the gay.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #45100 on: October 15, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »
 :drudge
POLITICO BREAKING NEWS

Bernie Sanders is recovering from his heart attack. Joe Biden is under siege, and laying into Donald Trump. And the entire Democratic presidential field has become consumed with the House's impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Twelve candidates are participating in tonight's debate in Ohio — we're watching to see how candidates will respond to all the political circumstances beyond their control, as well as how frontrunners Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren handle attacks from their competitors. Plus, here are the three touchy topics the candidates will have to tackle.

Follow along with our live chat and analysis.

benjipwns

« Reply #45101 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
The most recent Democratic debate before tonight was a full month ago, and it should not be a challenge for moderators with CNN and the New York Times to make news with their questions.

The Ukraine whistleblower, the Hunter Biden uproar, the launch of impeachment proceedings, the U.S. policy reversal in Syria — all have emerged as all-consuming stories since the last time Democratic candidates gathered on a single stage.

From a viewer’s perspective, three hours can be a very long slog — as we learned at previous encounters in the four months Democrats have been debating — but at least the long march this time should be over fresh ground.
wow thx

Occam

« Reply #45102 on: October 15, 2019, 08:17:15 PM »
President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days
(WaPo)

That's pretty impressive. Practically every time he moves his lips, he lies.
I suppose it would be easier to count the times he doesn't lie.

shosta

« Reply #45103 on: October 15, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »
Medicare. For all. Who want it :noah
每天生气

Tripon

« Reply #45104 on: October 15, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »
Medicare for all who want it sounds just like car insurance mandated by the state.

shosta

« Reply #45105 on: October 15, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »
Klobuchar and Buttigieg are so obviously stalking horses (is that the correct term?) for Biden :lol
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #45106 on: October 15, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »
Thankfully, if you don't want it, you get a tax rebate!

Right?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #45107 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »
There’s a debate or something tonight apparently?

shosta

« Reply #45108 on: October 15, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
There's a potemkin debate
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #45109 on: October 15, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »
Booker with the go fucking everywhere answer

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45110 on: October 15, 2019, 08:40:03 PM »
Warren is like "no no not gonna say you cant make me" about taxes going up. :lol

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #45111 on: October 15, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »
No Yang don’t hit her

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45112 on: October 15, 2019, 08:42:14 PM »
Tusli part of yang gang.

shosta

« Reply #45113 on: October 15, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »
I actually do think it's crazy that both Julian Castro and Gabbard have said "actually yeah universal basic income is a good idea". Mainstreaming that was the entire point of his campaign.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #45114 on: October 15, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »
I actually do think it's crazy that both Julian Castro and Gabbard have said "actually yeah universal basic income is a good idea". Mainstreaming that was the entire point of his campaign.
But at what cost? Think about all the time that could be spent on proper candidates with proper policy and plans about proper issues instead of spreading more white supremacist dog whistles.

shosta

« Reply #45115 on: October 15, 2019, 08:47:08 PM »
Fuck OFFFFFFFFF
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45116 on: October 15, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »
Bernie Vindicated.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #45117 on: October 15, 2019, 08:49:18 PM »
Bernie shook, lol, he's like this fucking billianaire is taking my talking points.

Tripon

« Reply #45118 on: October 15, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »
Biden talks like I do when I have no idea how to answer a question but I know I need to give an answer. But he's doing that to every question tonight so far.

So uh, I'm the president now.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #45119 on: October 15, 2019, 08:52:11 PM »
how about less jabbering about raising taxes and instead actually enforcing it and cut down loopholes