Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5390128 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Unemployed...in GREENLAND!
« Reply #43080 on: September 11, 2019, 09:13:19 AM »
Never forget President Donald J Trump

:salute

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1171733174101131264

Is there a Washington monument on her skirt?

:confused

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #43081 on: September 11, 2019, 10:43:08 AM »
©ZH

« Reply #43082 on: September 11, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1171812365576409088

Would be nice and could be good optics going into election season. Too bad if there is one country with even bigger bozos in leadership it'd be Iran and they'd never be willing to meet.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43083 on: September 11, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »
Donald the dove!

Single going down the Axis of Evil list and making everybody friends!
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43084 on: September 11, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #43086 on: September 11, 2019, 12:27:03 PM »

Occam

« Reply #43087 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Never trust Republicans.

Edit: The level of shamelessness is impressive. Wonder why this isn't national news yet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:07:05 PM by Occam »

kingv

« Reply #43088 on: September 11, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1171812365576409088

Would be nice and could be good optics going into election season. Too bad if there is one country with even bigger bozos in leadership it'd be Iran and they'd never be willing to meet.

So,.. why even pull out of the Iran deal?!  Just goes to show what a dumb shit he is.

“What if we pulled out of the Iran deal and then just... lifted sanctions?”

If Iran leadership has half a brain they will meet with him and just flatter his dumb fat ass and call him the best President ever.

He’ll be talking about the evils of Saudi Arabia within a week.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #43089 on: September 11, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
The Trump administration is considering banning flavored vaping products from the market. The announcement comes as lawmakers are seizing on an outbreak of a vaping-related illness to push for more aggressive regulation of the fast-growing e-cigarette industry.
I'm glad we eliminated Congress to better ensure regulation growth matches industry growth speed.

agrajag

« Reply #43090 on: September 11, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »
"Obama made a very bad deal with Iran. I am a master negotiator, no one negotiates better than me, believe me. I will negotiate a beautiful, shiny new deal with Iran when I meet with Mr. Rouhani. He said some very nice things about me, I think he likes me very much."

Basically. His motivation for doing things is spite, personal grievances and trying to bolster his image.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #43091 on: September 11, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »
Vaping has killed less people than the AR-15.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43092 on: September 11, 2019, 01:21:45 PM »
More regulation :rejoice
Big government :rejoice
Imperial presidents that rule by executive order :rejoice
The government being in control of my health :rejoice
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #43094 on: September 11, 2019, 01:34:31 PM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Three top aides to former national security adviser John Bolton submitted their resignations on Wednesday a day after Bolton and President Donald Trump parted ways.

Garrett Marquis, Bolton’s top spokesman, Sarah Tinsley, his communications director, and scheduler Christine Samuelian all resigned in what a source called an amicable fashion.
amazing that they would harm American foreign policy continuance like this on today of all todays

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43095 on: September 11, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1171835486383607808

Trump dragging John Bolton  :lol

"John is so tough he got us into Iraq"
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43097 on: September 11, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1171839744889753602

So vaping is banned because Melania caught Barron doing it  :lol
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #43098 on: September 11, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »
and the DNA test says you are not the father!

benjipwns

« Reply #43099 on: September 11, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
The press corps, or so the Biden campaign sees it, is culturally liberal and highly attuned to modern issues around race and gender and social justice. Biden is not. The reporters are Extremely Online. Biden couldn’t tell you what TikTok is.

Inside the Biden campaign, it is the collision between these two worlds that advisers believe explain why his White House run often looks like a months-long series of gaffes. For a team in command of the Democratic primary, at least for now, they’re awfully resentful of how their man is being covered. And yet supremely confident that they, not the woke press that pounces on Biden’s every seeming error and blight in his record, has a vastly superior understanding of the Democratic electorate. This is the central paradox of Biden’s run: He’s been amazingly durable. But he gets no respect from the people who make conventional wisdom on the left.

“I don't know of anybody who has taken as sustained and vitriolic a negative pounding as Biden and who has come through it with the strength he has,” said a top Biden adviser. “So why isn’t the argument not that he's a ‘fragile front runner,’ but instead why is this guy so strong? How is he able to withstand this? Because it is unrelenting. Every story that has been written about Biden for a month has been negative! I would ask Warren and Sanders and these folks: He’s been pummeled for months. For months! So why is he going to fall apart now?”
On the same trip, Biden spoke at a mid-day event in Clinton, Iowa. At one point he discussed the benefits of electric scooters as a transportation solution in city centers, and he explained that after a rider hops off a scooter, he plugs it in. He pantomimed someone inserting a power cord into an outlet, which, as anyone who has used one knows, is not what you do. Reporters, myself included, snickered at the micro-gaffe.

To many Biden supporters, who polls consistently show are older, more working class, and more culturally conservative, these alleged gaffes are eye-rolling examples of the absurdity of the press or the woke left. They think the young activist in eastern Iowa should toughen up, that the throwaway line to the 13-year-old is endearing, and that Biden’s lack of precision when he speaks, about scooters or so many other things, is a sign of his authenticity. And they grouse that Biden is held to a standard President Donald Trump is not.
They brandish the many predictions of his demise as evidence of their more sophisticated understanding of the Democratic electorate. “He’s still leading the race nationally. He's leading in Iowa. It looks like he's in a dead heat in New Hampshire,” said the top Biden adviser. “I don't know why the story in New Hampshire isn't how Bernie Sanders went from sixty to fourteen. And why is it that Biden is beating Warren in Massachusetts? And he's way ahead in South Carolina. And this is all on the back end of really the most vicious press I think anyone's experienced. So that to me is a statement of strength. And anyone who's sitting around waiting for him to fall apart—you know what, it hasn't happened yet.”

To Biden’s advisers and allies, the gap between a press corps, as well as the wider online political class, that is largely in its twenties and thirties and a candidate who would be 78 at his Inaugural explains a lot about why the pundits and Twitter activists are so confounded by the former vice president’s resilience.

“You have a press corps in which most of them were in college when Barack Obama ran for president and they have fundamentally no understanding and experience in how politics works,” said a well-known Democrat backing Biden. “They have not really covered a true Democratic primary ever because there hasn’t been one since 2008. The 2016 race didn’t become a real primary until very late and the press corps never thought Bernie would win. And Bernie never got the treatment from the press corps that opponents like him typically get. So they haven’t seen this kind of race.”

This dynamic has produced what Beto O’Rourke might call a fuck-you attitude inside Biden world toward the press and liberal social media influencers who drool over Elizabeth Warren’s every policy paper and see Biden as hopelessly square.

The well-known Democrat said of the Biden press corps, “They view this party as dominated by woke millennials and through the lens of coastal issues. They are products, increasingly, of fairly elite schools and they don’t talk to a lot of voters who don’t look and talk like them except their parents, who also tend to be similar to them. Occasionally they are shocked to learn they have relatives who voted for Donald Trump. And they were not on the ground in the Midwest primaries for governor races in 2018 in Michigan and Ohio and Wisconsin where more moderate and older and more experienced candidates won against young cool left — often people of color — primary opponents.”

They are, this person argued, obsessed with a Democratic Party that exists only on Twitter. She pointedly noted that there are Democrats “outside of those 18,000 voters in Queens,” referring to the total vote share — it was actually closer to 17,000 — for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in her June 2018 primary victory. “And by the way, those didn’t even tend to be the economically disadvantaged people of color who live in that district. They were the quote ‘new people’ if you talk to anyone from New York.”

Her point was that the AOC phenomenon “is emblematic of what most reporters think is going on nationally.”

To Biden world, it’s the media’s cultural affinity for this New New Left that explains why the Biden-will-soon-collapse storyline has such staying power.

“I get this question all the time: Why does the press hate him so much?” she said. “And the answer is because they are younger and they want someone cooler.”
This line of attack drives people inside the Biden campaign mad. To them it smacks of elitism and suggests that Warren and her most vocal supporters believe that Biden’s voters, who polls consistently show are more likely to be working class and people of color, are somehow not smart enough to understand why they support him.

“This gets back to the vitriol of the left,” said the prominent Democrat. “They seem to feel like, ‘Why don’t you dumb voters see what we see? If we yell at you enough will you start to listen to us?’”

“The party is older than people think. It’s more centrist than people think,” said the senior Biden adviser. He noted that Biden’s favorability rating among Democrats has been in the mid 70s since the start of this race.

“But they say he's out of step with the party! Well he’s the only person to demonstrate substantial support across a multiracial coalition. So actually he is most in step with the party. But no one ever sees it that way because that is not the world as seen through Twitter.”
In the afternoon, the issue of Biden’s age and mental acuity suddenly burst open in the airless media room where most of the candidates, though not Biden, spoke with reporters after their speeches. I asked Rep. Tim Ryan, who the previous day had been quoted saying that Biden was “declining,” whether he meant declining in the polls or mentally declining and he made it clear he meant the latter. Pressed further by another reporter, he would only say “there’s a lack of clarity” when Biden speaks. (“You know, with Ryan, if he declines anymore he's going from like one to zero,” the senior Biden adviser told me in response.)

But Ryan was alone in raising the issue. Afterward I visited Sen. Amy Klobuchar in her suite and, she too refused to engage on the subject when I mentioned Ryan’s remarks. “I'm running my own campaign,” she said through bites of an apple, explaining why she wouldn’t discuss Biden or any of her other opponents. After five minutes of pressing her about how to differentiate herself from Biden, she essentially ended the interview.
By beating the reporter to death with the apple core.

But only Bakari Sellers, a former South Carolina state legislator and supporter and informal adviser to Sen. Kamala Harris, was willing to say the quiet part out loud.

“Joe Biden has been running for president since before I was born,” Sellers said. “Joe Biden is nearly 80 years old and he’s running to be president of the United States. My dad was president of an HBCU and will be 75 this year and his doctors told him he couldn’t do it anymore. He didn’t have the energy and strength to lead that campus anymore. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t a great man and a great leader and a great visionary. But it is a justifiable conversation.”

Sellers went further and lumped Sanders and Warren into the debate about age. “The three front-runners are all older than Ronald Reagan was when he took over,” he said. “Democrats are afraid of criticism, which is silly to me. But we are going to have a contentious primary on vigor and issues about fitness to be president.”
“Kamala going after Biden didn’t really work out for her so I’m curious to see how many try that again on Thursday,” said a Democrat close to the Biden campaign. “How do you tear down the front-runner that everyone actually likes?”

After his speech, Mayor Pete Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten, played cornhole and ate ice-cream at a nearby park while mixing with supporters.
disgusting! and in a park!

agrajag

« Reply #43100 on: September 11, 2019, 01:47:08 PM »
at least they didn't play hide the sausage  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43101 on: September 11, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »
and the DNA test says you are not the father!
Unless Don Jr. is the father that is pretty much impossible.
Of all his kids Barron looks the most like Trump including the hair.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1171827533798658049
Exciting, I wonder if Alex Jones, Condi Rice and Tucker Carlson made the list.  :hyper
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #43102 on: September 11, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
Give us Tucker as NSA, no new foreign wars and he no longer has a tv show; everyone wins.

james

« Reply #43103 on: September 11, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »
Give us Tucker as NSA, no new foreign wars and he no longer has a tv show; everyone wins.

But first, please, someone please call Hannity

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43104 on: September 11, 2019, 02:15:44 PM »
When those planes hit on 9/11 all of us alive back then knew that the world was going to change.
We would have to face hardship, uncertainty, division and perhaps even war.

But that day set in motion an extraordinary series of events that in some way or another made Donald J. Trump President in the year of our lord 2019.
So he could drag John Bolton and warn all of us about the dangers from vaping on the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say that in the end, even though we faced desperate times, we're all glad we all made it to this faithful day.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #43105 on: September 11, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/09/11/bernie-sanders-jumps-to-lead-in-nh-franklin-pierce-herald-poll-shows/

Former Vice President Joe Biden has lost his lead in New Hampshire with U.S. Sen Bernie Sanders jumping ahead in what is now clearly a three-person race for the Democratic primary, a new Franklin Pierce University-Boston Herald poll shows.

Sanders tops the poll at 29% of likely Democratic primary voters.

Biden comes in second with 21% of the vote and Massachusetts U.S. Sen Elizabeth Warren is third in the poll with 17%.

The poll also asked Granite State voters if they prefer House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership of the Democratic party or a “more progressive” brand exhibited by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Out of the 425 likely Democratic primary voters surveyed, 34% said Ocasio-Cortez with 30% choosing Pelosi. Another 19% responded “neither” and 17% answered “unsure.”

benjipwns

« Reply #43106 on: September 11, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
If they were planning 9/11 for the first time to happen today do you think they'd target Trump Tower? :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #43107 on: September 11, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
The Democrats I mean.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43109 on: September 11, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
he's going to take his past performances a step further and say zero words at the debate

benjipwns

« Reply #43110 on: September 11, 2019, 02:36:44 PM »
He's going to offer the other candidates $1000 a month to drop out.

agrajag

« Reply #43111 on: September 11, 2019, 02:39:53 PM »
he's going to kill a robot during the debates

Cauliflower Of Love

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #43113 on: September 11, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
The Democrats I mean.

Bush is a Democrat now? :thinking
©@©™

Occam

« Reply #43114 on: September 11, 2019, 04:53:07 PM »
The NC story has since hit national news.
https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/11/north-carolina-republicans-overrode-budget-veto-while-democrats-were-ceremony/?noredirect=on

But who is to blame, the Republicans for doing what is in their nature, being the repugnant, dishonest swine they are or the Democrats for being dumb enough to trust them?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:04:16 PM by Occam »

james

« Reply #43115 on: September 11, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
The NC story has since hit national news.
https://beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/11/north-carolina-republicans-overrode-budget-veto-while-democrats-were-ceremony/?noredirect=on

But who is to blame, the Republicans for doing what is in their nature, being the repugnant, dishonest swine they are or the Democrats for being dumb enough to trust them?

Democrats for not rounding them up and hanging them in the public square as a warning to others

kingv

« Reply #43116 on: September 11, 2019, 05:16:36 PM »
Democrats are always dumb.

Occam

« Reply #43117 on: September 11, 2019, 05:22:07 PM »
From a WaPo reader comment:
A short while ago, I emailed my NC State Senator, Todd Johnson, calling the House action "contemptible" and asking that he vote to sustain Gov. Cooper's veto when it comes up later this week.  Within minutes, I received an email reply from Johnson, which I pass along below.

I appreciate your email. You received poor information. A screaming representative on the floor stated that House Democrats were downstairs in caucus drawing maps, which is against the court order issued last week. It has been confirmed that there was ONE member of the House Democrats that was in fact not on campus attending a ceremony. While I appreciate your email, it simply is not factual. I look forward to the opportunity to override the veto that is not only great for our county, is also great for our state. This budget passed both chambers with bipartisan support. Thanks for your email and I encourage you to read the budget. It’s a long read but well worth your time. Todd Sent from my iPad

LOL.

james

« Reply #43118 on: September 11, 2019, 05:29:45 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43119 on: September 11, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
Uber drivers are self employed using an app as a a service.

They are as much employees of Uber as Ebay sellers are employees of Ebay.
🤴

james

« Reply #43120 on: September 11, 2019, 05:41:53 PM »
Uber drivers are self employed using an app as a a service.

They are as much employees of Uber as Ebay sellers are employees of Ebay.

Bullshit. Uber sets prices, Ebay does not.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #43121 on: September 11, 2019, 06:04:30 PM »
General contractors set prices too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43122 on: September 11, 2019, 06:06:40 PM »
Netflix sets prices.

Therefor every actor is a Netflix employee  :brain
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43123 on: September 11, 2019, 06:09:47 PM »
That might be the most  :brain thing Nintex said.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #43124 on: September 11, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #43125 on: September 11, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
reading nintex's posts makes me wonder how many Europeens living in social democracies clamor for our red white and blue ancap dystopia

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #43126 on: September 11, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
nintex gonna lose his shit when someone tells him about the screen actors guild

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43127 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:07 PM »
reading nintex's posts makes me wonder how many Europeens living in social democracies clamor for our red white and blue ancap dystopia

Uber, AirBNB and this whole gig economy thing took off just fine so far though there's maybe some more pushback.

But everyone knows it exists in large part because the legal framework hasn't caught up yet.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #43128 on: September 11, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »

Uber, AirBNB and this whole gig economy thing took off just fine so far though there's maybe some more pushback.

isn't it banned in a lot of European countries? I know Uber is banned in Spain

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43129 on: September 11, 2019, 06:37:48 PM »

isn't it banned in a lot of European countries? I know Uber is banned in Spain

Uber resumed activities in Spain per Wikipedia. There's not a lot of outright bans at the national level AFAIK on Uber in the EU, but there's a lot more legal hurdles. UberPop (a cheaper alternative with the standard for qualifying as a driver reduced at the lowest legal requirements) was shut pretty quickly by law in France.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43130 on: September 11, 2019, 06:43:47 PM »
Taxi companies are pretty shady to begin with in most cities. In Amsterdam and other Dutch cities they started protesting because Uber was putting an end to their grift of fixed fares.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43131 on: September 11, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
Since it's the  9/11 anniversary, let's remember the good times:

https://twitter.com/unabanned/status/1171794187609657345
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #43132 on: September 11, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »
Taxi companies are pretty shady to begin with in most cities. In Amsterdam and other Dutch cities they started protesting because Uber was putting an end to their grift of fixed fares.
As an expert on America, you know this was already the case in big cities like New York (where the city limited medallions had reached a value of $17 billion before dropping since Uber) and Chicago ($2.5 billion) not to mention the cause of strikes in podunk backwards villages like Toronto.

benjipwns

« Reply #43133 on: September 11, 2019, 08:00:48 PM »
In the underrated Medal of Honor, there's a mission near the end where they say you're going to storm a mountain expecting like this and I was like "oh man, here we go, finally game is jumping the shark" but nope, it's like just a simple cave. Part of the missions thematics are about the absurdity of holing up in such a point when your opponent can call in airstrikes that literally level the whole mountain down on top of you. The main danger to the U.S. comes from attempting to land the troop choppers in the hills before doing this. (Because you wouldn't be able to witness the cool bombing scene if you hadn't done the stupid landing!)

Pwnz

« Reply #43135 on: September 11, 2019, 08:31:11 PM »

But that's how Trump found him just before he killed him brah

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #43136 on: September 11, 2019, 08:48:02 PM »
He's gonna call obama the n word isn't he?

You'd think they'd build further in the mountain, You can see everything from outside!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #43137 on: September 11, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
Plus, there's this 30 foot tall militiaman standing right outside, it's a dead giveaway.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #43138 on: September 11, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
lol at these new polls, in the CNN one Bernard and Warren are basically tied, in the YouGov one it's 26/16 Warren, in the Reuters one it's 16/11 Sanders

Reuters has Harris all the way down to 4%, Yang is at 3% lol, YouGov has Beto at 1%

in all of them Biden dropped though, lowest he's collectively polled since Harris shanked him in the first debate

and for filler, Tulsi just got another 2% poll, so she has a good chance of being in the October debate

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43139 on: September 11, 2019, 10:24:23 PM »