Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1408644 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #5760 on: July 21, 2018, 10:01:09 PM »
Have her peg you.
I like this twist

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5761 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »
And I'm sure Atra will find the twist itself eye opening.

You speak from experience?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5762 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
No, your brand of heel is just annoying, doesn’t get a proper rise from me; however, I am slightly triggered at my phononym mistake up there.

It's cool. The Bore is flexible on their "no homophone" rule.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5763 on: July 21, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »
Oh jeez I even went and got that word wrong, too :lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5764 on: July 22, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »
But you’re going to fuck her and get that milk right?

Sounds great in theory, but it could be a letdown.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/letdown

Guys let's restore the good vibes in this thread by going back and liking Mandark's pun.

How long are you planning on milking that joke?

Tasty

« Reply #5765 on: July 22, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »
DADS STAHP :stahp

Tasty

« Reply #5766 on: July 23, 2018, 01:35:29 AM »
I often wonder if I'm too independent (selfish) for a long-term relationship. Does anyone else get this feeling sometimes?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5767 on: July 23, 2018, 02:23:24 AM »
I don't think anyone is irretrievably selfish. You just have to actively practice conscientiousness.
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5768 on: July 23, 2018, 02:24:33 AM »
That's too vague, it really depends on the dynamic and the other person ?
ὕβρις

Tasty

« Reply #5769 on: July 23, 2018, 02:34:25 AM »
As an example, the impression I get is that most S/Os, after a certain point, expect at least some amount of text messaging every day. But there were times when days passed and I didn't even think of my last boyfriend for a 1-3 days at a time. I'm content with being focused on my own stuff and not really actively reaching out to discuss what's going on with them. It's a mixture of lack of focus and lack of caring, and I'm concerned it's a character fault of mine.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:52:32 AM by Tasty Meat »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5770 on: July 23, 2018, 02:37:33 AM »

Guys let's restore the good vibes in this thread by going back and liking Mandark's pun.

You might read the threads whole, but many posters just skim, so their odds of seeing that joke are about half and half.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5771 on: July 23, 2018, 02:44:13 AM »
As an example, the impression I get is that most S/Os, after a certain point, expect at least some amount of text messaging every day. But there were times when days pass and I didn't even think of my last boyfriend for a 1-3 days at a time. I'm content with being focused on my own stuff and not really actively reaching out to discuss what's going on with them. It's a mixture of lack of focus and lack of caring, and I'm concerned it's a character fault of mine.

Oh it starts as soon as the texting :lol
But is it really a flaw or a fault though ? It's true that beyond a certain line a "serious" relationship will call for dedication and commitment. But is it what you want really ? At the beginning (and texting a few weeks in is the beginning) things should flow naturally IMHO. If they don't I am not sure that forcing it is healthy long term.
ὕβρις

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #5772 on: July 23, 2018, 02:46:58 AM »

You might read the threads whole, but many posters just skim, so their odds of seeing that joke are about half and half.

i try. but generally when i pop into a thread for a nip, i quickly realise im intolerant
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #5773 on: July 23, 2018, 02:47:24 AM »
The idea I have in mind is that if I really like the person, engaging in communication with them should remain near the top of my mind at all times, but I also worry that I'll either never meet the right person to bring that out of me, or that I'm incapable at all of caring enough about another person that I devote a consistent cognitive load to their existence over my own.

I do have limited dating experience though, so this all might be much ado about nothing.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #5774 on: July 23, 2018, 02:49:25 AM »
Date thots with BPD.

:fbm

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5775 on: July 23, 2018, 04:15:09 AM »
Date thots with BPD.
 :fbm

If someone doesn't view their mental health and its effects on others as their own responsibility, then you have no choice even if you feel like you could help them.

TOTHOTsOT

Bebpo

« Reply #5776 on: July 23, 2018, 05:43:22 AM »
As an example, the impression I get is that most S/Os, after a certain point, expect at least some amount of text messaging every day. But there were times when days passed and I didn't even think of my last boyfriend for a 1-3 days at a time. I'm content with being focused on my own stuff and not really actively reaching out to discuss what's going on with them. It's a mixture of lack of focus and lack of caring, and I'm concerned it's a character fault of mine.

I think that’s pretty normal for dating because a person you just met or have gone on a date or two with doesn’t necessarily become prime importance in your daily life.

But at least in my experience when you’re in an actual relationship, I find it weird to not think of the other person daily as your lives usually start to intertwine, though I’m sure some people keep their lives more separate, don’t live together and can go some time not thinking about the other.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5777 on: July 23, 2018, 09:48:50 AM »
Have you ever considered sugar babies, Bebpo?  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #5778 on: July 23, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
I mentioned in jest to a friend that I wanted to be a "Sugar Boy" and she couldn't stop laughing. Then I started laughing too. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5779 on: July 23, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
isn't the right term rent boy

Tasty

« Reply #5780 on: July 23, 2018, 11:48:24 AM »
isn't the right term rent boy

It is, which is why we were laughing. :P

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5781 on: July 23, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »
Sugar boy def sounds more dignified
:9

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5782 on: July 23, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »
Maybe you just haven't found someone that perpetually sparks the fire for you?
I mean realtionships take work, that's true. But it's a "work" not a "job" if that makes sense.

Edit: Of course, I do know people that really can't have relationships, I know it's not popular but I think  not everyone has the skills/deserves to love/be loved. But you don't strike me as one of those people at all.
que

Bebpo

« Reply #5783 on: July 23, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »
Have you ever considered sugar babies, Bebpo?  :doge

Not my thing, only living that true love life.

Tasty

« Reply #5784 on: July 23, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
Apparently in Boston it's common for str8 guys on Bumble to pose with fish? Like overwhelmingly so.

Is this the case anywhere else? :thinking

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5785 on: July 23, 2018, 04:57:30 PM »
I been playing a bunch of Yakuza 6 and all the hostess girls responded really well to talking about fishing. Might be something in it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5786 on: July 23, 2018, 05:00:01 PM »
Apparently in Boston it's common for str8 guys on Bumble to pose with fish? Like overwhelmingly so.

Is this the case anywhere else? :thinking
Fish posing has been a thing for a while. Women do it to.

It shows you "fish" and like the outdoors.  :lol

Tasty

« Reply #5787 on: July 23, 2018, 05:09:00 PM »
The article I read lists posing with fish as a "thing" for men, and "travel, yoga, and wine" as common for women.

“If you looked at Tinder,” says Will Noonan, a 35-year-old comedian from Boston, “you’d think . . . every one of these women has gone to Africa and saved children.”

Apparently The Office is common with both. :thinking

Normies 🙄

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5788 on: July 23, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »
Do they get consent from the fish though?

Tasty

« Reply #5789 on: July 23, 2018, 05:20:09 PM »
Do they get consent from the fish though?

The fish is dead by the time they pose with it, so probably not.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5790 on: July 23, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »
Girls on elephants or with other endangered animals are super common too

Left swipe em all

Tasty

« Reply #5791 on: July 23, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
Posing with African kids was always a huge turn off for me.

Going to Africa to get pictures to make you look like a less reprehensible human on Tinder is not a humanitarian cause.

Is it really that widespread? :six:

Tbf gay apps are fairly monotonous too but it's mostly either shirtless pics, pics taken in front of a bathroom mirror (sometimes combined with the first point), travel pics, and wedding pics (which are sometimes in black and white.)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5792 on: July 23, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »
Posing with African kids was always a huge turn off for me.

Going to Africa to get pictures to make you look like a less reprehensible human on Tinder is not a humanitarian cause.

Is it really that widespread? :six:

Tbf gay apps are fairly monotonous too but it's mostly either shirtless pics, pics taken in front of a bathroom mirror (sometimes combined with the first point), travel pics, and wedding pics (which are sometimes in black and white.)

It was pretty rampant when I was dating. It typically lead to them telling me about their huge humanitarian trip to build schools in Sierra Leone, staying in living quarters the kids attending those schools would kill for spending a single night in.

They'd usually complain that they would have to sometimes spend the whole day standing in a line, passing a bag of cement to the person beside them. But like, you're a fucking hairdresser. Did you think you'd be driving heavy machinery there?

When i was young, early 20s and in college i thought this one girl that was super fucking hot was soooooooo amazing for doing that.

Little did i know she was just another typical dumb cunt doing it for her social media thing and to feel good about herself.

Tasty

« Reply #5793 on: July 23, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling good about humanitarian efforts, nor leveraging it in the dating game, but it does ring a bit hollow when it's like a one-time thing and everyone else is doing it.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5794 on: July 23, 2018, 06:07:59 PM »
in dc you'd see a lot of photos of white women in africa or with endangered species given that its their job and all. still, it didn't make it any better but at least in those pictures you'd get a better impression on how they'd really look like since there is less camera fuckery. i always found photos like that to be very strategic in nature in what they signal 

as for me, i purposefully chose group pictures so i could turn all my friends into juggalos for my tinder/okc pics. i'm pretty sure it turned off quite a few but it worked out amazingly well

Tasty

« Reply #5795 on: July 23, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
Groups pics are the woooooorst wat r u doing  :jeanluc

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5796 on: July 23, 2018, 06:12:32 PM »
not when all your friends are juggalos

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5797 on: July 23, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »
For me, I've found that the "Eat Pray Love" types - the ones who went to 30+ countries, studied with a yogi in Mysore, humanitarian efforts in Uganda, etc. weren't too much into me... Most of the women I ended up with rarely ventured out of NY. I mean, I'm not exactly world-weary, but I've gotten out of NY at least - most of my travel has tended to be all around the US/Canada, though I've been to London and Paris back in HS, and of course I am going to Japan in a few weeks.

One or two group pics are good, make it look like you have friends and aren't some creepy loner. I usually did ones of me doing activities (electronic music festivals, boat parties, balloon festival, wine tasting, etc), my girlfriend said she liked how I did that.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #5798 on: July 23, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »
I guess one group pic isn't a bad idea. 🤔

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5799 on: July 23, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
Now that seemingly every profile comes preloaded with "I like craft beer and hiking", people are looking for more ways to differentiate themselves.  I personally wouldn't take it too seriously nor would I think more of someone who did.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #5800 on: July 23, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
That’s funny about the fish thing. I’d never heard of it either until a gal I know mentioned it over the weekend saying they swipe pass on any guy holding a fish, which apparently was common enough to be a thing. Who knew.

Speaking of group pics, what do you guys do with the other people in the pics? I feel weird putting their faces/photos on something so public so if I had photoshop skills I’d blur out their faces, but I don’t so I don’t really use group pics. Like the last one I posted in the pics thread is a good photo of me and I’d use it but I’d need to blur everyone else out or put like cat heads on everyone or something :3

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5801 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:34 PM »
Not to put too much stake into Myers Briggs tests but the girl I’ve been dating said she just took it during work today and got ESFJ. Which is funny because I typically get INTP. We’re essentially polar opposites.  :doge

Which is easy to see why my interest in her died off so quickly.

It’s like a gullible Labrador trying to get with a robot with ADD.  :doge

edit: she seems pretty interested in me though. So I’ll let things play out and hopefully get my beak wet soon.

:birb
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:10:43 PM by Atramental »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5802 on: July 23, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »
it would be funny to run an experiment on Tinder. Have a ton of fake profiles holding up something ridiculous and see if it catches on

Tasty

« Reply #5803 on: July 23, 2018, 11:37:30 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5804 on: July 24, 2018, 06:33:47 PM »
Question: when is it generally acceptable to invite your date back to your place to "watch a movie"?  :doge

My first fling kinda threw me for a loop wanting to jump my bones after the first date so...

edit: And wholesome pot girl really isn't that overtly sexual.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5805 on: July 24, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
Question: when is it generally acceptable to invite your date back to your place to "watch a movie"?  :doge

My first fling kinda threw me for a loop wanting to jump my bones after the first date so...

Third date seems to be the magic number

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5806 on: July 24, 2018, 06:48:19 PM »

you haven't even whipped your dick out yet?

:crazy

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5807 on: July 24, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »
Like I said, this girl is kinda shy when it comes to intimacy. Or at least around me she is.  :doge

I'm not going to whip my hog out on the 2nd date and just hope she's cool with it.  :doge

edit: Also, she was stiff when I tried kissing her on the mouth on our 2nd date.  :doge
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:03:57 PM by Atramental »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5808 on: July 24, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
could always invite her over for you to cook for her

A little less obvious that asking to watch a movie

Also there’s no strick answer on when someone is ready to slob your knob
dur

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #5809 on: July 24, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »

edit: Also, she was stiff when I tried kissing her on the mouth on our 2nd date.  :doge
Whatever you're doing you're doing it wrong because there's only 1 thing that needs to be stiff in this situation  :smug

Nah don't cook for her, she's a stoner. Get some taco bell and ask her to come over and smoke.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5810 on: July 24, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »

A little less obvious that asking to watch a movie

Also there’s no strick answer on when someone is ready to slob your knob
I can't really cook for shit though... except for basic breakfast foods I guess.  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #5811 on: July 24, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »

Nah don't cook for her, she's a stoner. Get some taco bell and ask her to come over and smoke.

I'd go with this one, yeah.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5812 on: July 24, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »
It was so much easier in your early twenties when you could just have a house party, am I right? RIP youth

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5813 on: July 24, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »
It was so much easier in your early twenties when you could just have a house party, am I right? RIP youth

From this

To pretending you watch the Handmaids Tale in the digital realm

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5814 on: July 24, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
Did the girl like hanging out with you?

If yes, say "I want to see you again".

If she agrees, you'll naturally figure out a plan, get to know one another, and either resent each other or be happily naked together.

There was one girl in college that was kinda timid/horny and I just asked her one day if she wants me to just jump her as soon as I answer the door. That was the correct assumption for that specific person but it took me a couple weeks to get to know her well enough to suggest that.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #5815 on: July 25, 2018, 12:24:47 AM »

what happens to house parties in your mid-late 20s?
◕‿◕

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #5816 on: July 25, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »
terrible mistakes

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5817 on: July 25, 2018, 12:42:06 AM »
just really bad hangovers and everyone trying to leave 10minutes after showing
dur

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #5818 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:22 AM »
I wish the house parties we had cleared out after 10 minutes...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5819 on: July 25, 2018, 12:01:30 PM »
That’s funny about the fish thing. I’d never heard of it either until a gal I know mentioned it over the weekend saying they swipe pass on any guy holding a fish, which apparently was common enough to be a thing. Who knew.

Speaking of group pics, what do you guys do with the other people in the pics? I feel weird putting their faces/photos on something so public so if I had photoshop skills I’d blur out their faces, but I don’t so I don’t really use group pics. Like the last one I posted in the pics thread is a good photo of me and I’d use it but I’d need to blur everyone else out or put like cat heads on everyone or something :3

Photoshop your face over all of their faces.

Also works for photos taken posing with a fish.