Author Topic: Yakuza thread of there's a game every couple of months  (Read 56220 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Yakuza thread of there's a game every couple of months
« Reply #900 on: December 24, 2020, 02:21:54 PM »
Also huge shout out to Sawashiro, his music was a banger. Entire OSt was amazing.

fat

Spieler1

« Reply #901 on: December 24, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »
shoot whoever designed that second to last boss in the fucking knee. I'm not chipping that sponge's life away for another excessively boring 20 minutes just to get one shotted right before the end.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:10:40 PM by Spieler1 »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #902 on: December 24, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
Peerless Resolve
fat

Pissy F Benny

• Damn you to hell Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #903 on: December 24, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »
Poison him too :trumps

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #905 on: February 01, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »
Judgment is coming to Stadia too.  Over Steam!
:dead

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/judgment-coming-to-ps5-xbox-series-and-stadia-on-april-23

The trailer for the Japanese version lists the price at only 1,980 yen.  The English version is $40.   :-\

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SMTNetwork/status/1356381484354043908
:thinking
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #906 on: February 01, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »
Probably will just double dip for the PS5 version if the PC version isn't out by the time I want to play it.

In other Yakuza news, trying out Yakuza 4 remastered on PC (already had the PS4 re-release for 3/4/5) got me back interested in my "can handle one Yakuza game per year" catch up mood. So might start playing Y4 finally. Played through the opening with the first guy.

Bebpo

« Reply #907 on: February 12, 2021, 10:44:03 PM »
You know, I was wondering why the hell Sega hasn't brought out the two Japanese period piece Yakuza games Kenzan and Isshin.
At the time they didn't bring them over because Yakuza barely was selling in the west.

But now from what I gather the series does pretty well in the west.
And Ghost of Tsushima just sold a ridiculous amount following Sekiro selling a ton.

And Sega has no issue re-releasing PS3/PS4 Yakuza port-ups as remastered versions.

And they're sitting on two completely never released games (that are actually pretty great) that would easily sell beyond the cost of localization/porting up. Plus they can sell them on PC now.

I wonder if after doing Yakuza 6/Judgment PC they'll do a Kenzan/Isshin remaster double pack and finally bring it over to the west.

If not, they're just fucking dumb. :dead

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #908 on: February 13, 2021, 12:41:01 AM »
Sega regularly snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

thetylerrob

« Reply #909 on: February 13, 2021, 01:02:35 AM »
I do remember hearing that Nagoshi was really impressed by GoT so maybe they'll try? Maybe Microsoft could bankroll it or something.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #910 on: February 15, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »
I got a new hard drive for my PS4 so I'm redownloading my digital games and lo and behold there's Yakuza 0.  I must have gotten it during a PS sale and forgot about it.  I was trying to fight like in Y6 and getting my ass kicked pretty bad, especially by the big wrestler who takes all your cash.  But it's nice to have a "new" Yakuza game to play, especially since I have the day off and it's way too cold out to do anything.

BisMarckie

« Reply #911 on: February 19, 2021, 05:26:56 AM »
I tried out Yakuza 0 and got immediately hooked. Even learned how to play Mahjong :lol

Can't wait to get into Kiwami later today

Spieler1

« Reply #912 on: February 19, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »
It's quite a stepdown, because it's still the PS2 og at heart, but after Kiwami 1 it gets better again.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #913 on: February 21, 2021, 02:42:11 AM »
Seriously under leveled again at chapter 14 in Like a Dragon, you know who is one shotting my party members

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #914 on: February 21, 2021, 03:51:22 AM »
Just grind the Kamurocho sewers, EZ xp with the Vagabonds
fat

BisMarckie

« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2021, 06:37:04 AM »
I am playing Yakuza 3 right now and I never hated a combat system more. I know itĎs a 15 year old game, but being stun-locked all the time makes me want to throw things at my TV.

Spieler1

« Reply #916 on: March 11, 2021, 06:53:16 AM »
Sadly Y5 is where they laid the groundwork for the gameplay in Y0 onward.

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #917 on: March 13, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
Quick Qs for anyone who beat Y7, please make your answer as spoiler-free as possible.

Chapter 10 spoilers:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I just got Joon-gi in my party, and Iím hesitant on how to balance the main story and the substories.

1. I know that you leave Yokohama at some point. Does the game give you the choice of when to leave so you can cleanup any loose substories and mini games? Or does it force you to leave without asking?

2. Nanba hasnít joined back yet, does he still get XP? Or should I wait until he gets back to do non-story stuff so he doesnít get too left behind?
[close]

The main story is feeling pretty urgent right now, so it would feel off to do the weird side stuff during that, though Iíll do it if I have to.
Wine

Pissy F Benny

• Damn you to hell Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #918 on: March 13, 2021, 12:40:12 PM »
Quick Qs for anyone who beat Y7, please make your answer as spoiler-free as possible.

Chapter 10 spoilers:

So I just got Joon-gi in my party, and Iím hesitant on how to balance the main story and the substories.

1. I know that you leave Yokohama at some point. Does the game give you the choice of when to leave so you can cleanup any loose substories and mini games? Or does it force you to leave without asking?

2. Nanba hasnít joined back yet, does he still get XP? Or should I wait until he gets back to do non-story stuff so he doesnít get too left behind?
[close]

The main story is feeling pretty urgent right now, so it would feel off to do the weird side stuff during that, though Iíll do it if I have to.

you can go back and forth between yokohama and *redacted* in taxis all you want and namba comes back levelled up
[close]

BIONIC

« Reply #919 on: March 13, 2021, 01:35:19 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks, friendo.
Wine

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #920 on: March 13, 2021, 04:52:58 PM »
I am playing Yakuza 3 right now and I never hated a combat system more. I know itĎs a 15 year old game, but being stun-locked all the time makes me want to throw things at my TV.

:what

It's the same shit as the other games, but easier and slightly clunkier. I don't think I had an issue in a single fight in Y3, not even boss fights.

Git gud you fuckin binch

Spieler1

« Reply #921 on: March 13, 2021, 05:23:18 PM »
Actually, Kiwami has the worst bosses, even with all the upgrades :thinking 3 has like one overly hard one in the beginning, like all the other games iirc.

BIONIC

« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2021, 06:26:12 PM »
If youíre playing on Normal and doing all the substories so youíre not underleveled, then thereís literally nothing hard about these games (not counting shitty mini games) except for the Amon fights. And theyíre more bullshit than any real difficulty anyways, so I generally never bother with them. I only ever beat him in Kiwami 2 because you can just chug on items and troll him with extreme heat since you canít die during it.
Wine

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2021, 06:27:35 PM »
I told you Y3 is dogshit
fat

Beezy

« Reply #924 on: March 19, 2021, 08:36:11 PM »
Started playing Yakuza Kiwami again after not touching it since December and I was wondering are the sidequests in these games generally good? I haven't been seeking them out. And is anything missable? Last thing I did was rescue the kid from Majima at the batting cages.

Bebpo

« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2021, 08:43:47 PM »
Started playing Yakuza Kiwami again after not touching it since December and I was wondering are the sidequests in these games generally good? I haven't been seeking them out. And is anything missable? Last thing I did was rescue the kid from Majima at the batting cages.

The sidequests are great. Don't remember if Y1 had many sidequests.

I think some stuff is generally missable.

thetylerrob

« Reply #926 on: March 19, 2021, 10:23:36 PM »
Not sure how much they added to Kiwami, but Yakuza 1 has the weakest side quests of the series. They're the best part of the other games.

Beezy

« Reply #927 on: March 19, 2021, 10:35:41 PM »
Good to know. I'll mostly stick to the story missions for this game then, but do any sidequests I happen to come across.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2021, 01:42:00 PM »
FYI the PS Store have Kiwami for $5 and Kiwami 2 for $10 for their spring sale.

I already played through Kiwami when it was a PS+ freebie, but I got Kiwami 2.  At the rate I'm getting through 0, I'll get to K2 around Christmastime.  Any time I get to play with it, I waste with Majima playing Outrun, getting drunk on high-end whiskey and playing pool and darts, and looking for random scrubs to beat on with my bat, which might be my favorite fighting style in the series.

I did get a trophy for watching one of the AV girl videos. 

:exxy

Nice touch they had with the box of kleenex by the TV.  Makes me wonder what people in Kamarucho are doing with all those packages of pocket tissues they're handing out on every block.

:judge