Author Topic: Far Cry 5  (Read 9379 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Far Cry 5
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »
These teasers got me hella interested. Hopefully its more FarCry 3 than 4.

Teaser 3

Teaser 4
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:45:07 PM by demi »
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Far Cry 5 - Reveal May 26
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Been replaying 3 lately, still damn good.

4 was just a boring ass setting.
What

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »
The graphics are stunningly real.

This is what coding to the metal looks like, brehs. :rejoice
©ZH

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
Killing cultists in Hope County :preach

Doing it while riding a moose :lawd

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:14:53 PM »
Far Cry 5 takes place in Montana? Is Wrath a romance-able NPC?
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »
That little bit of music of the end is awfully familiar. Can't pinpoint it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
so we finally get to murder white people?

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
Hmm I liked Far Cry 4. I'm kinda sad we don't get anymore elephant shenanigans. Hopefully they make up for it with more flying options and bringing co-op back.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 06:57:35 PM »
Far Cry 3 = crazy, new, everyone loves it

Far Cry 4 = muted, bland, meh

Far Cry Blood Dragon = crazy, new, everyone loves it

Far Cry Primal = boring, meh

that only means FC5 is gonna be HOT
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 07:09:10 PM »
Your logic is flawed.

Blood Dragon came out before FC4.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »
How is my logic flawed? FC4 is shit, Blood Dragon is awesome

Do you also think 2 + 2 = 5?
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Oh I thought you were going with the Star Trek "the odd ones vs the even film" rule.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »

I think the rumor was that the area has been taken over by some Sovereign Citizen/Militia/Clive Bundy types.

Potential GOTY if they really go for it.
___

nudemacusers

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »
If militia types are not involved it's a huge misstep imo.

The mood looks great; Montana is both beautiful and creepy as fuck.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Let's Cyber

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 08:46:33 PM »
I think the rumor was that the area has been taken over by some Sovereign Citizen/Militia/Clive Bundy types.

Holy shit I hope this is true. 

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 09:28:53 PM »

Probably leaked by ubi themselves

https://np.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/6bsg0b/speculation_time_what_will_farcry_5_be_like/dhpju38/

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »
that third one :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
look at what he's ringing the bell with
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 09:58:44 PM »
driving for like two hours in eastern Montana and not seeing anybody or really anything kinda creeped me out as a kid

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 10:57:10 PM »
They were probably all in hiding from the child driving the car with hammer and sickle bumper stickers. 

Bebpo

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 10:59:42 PM »
Seems different, so I'm down. Wasn't really interested in the Primal setting. There's a stage in Hitman 2016 in Colorado which has kinda a similar vibe to those teasers and I thought it was fairly cool.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
is that daniel bryan on the left? :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
Hopefully this isn't poop.
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »
Like clockwork.

benjipwns

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
Has Walter Goggins been hired to voice the main villain yet or is Ubisoft wasting their money?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »
i hope i get to shoot Cliven Bundy
pcp

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »
Like clockwork.

[img]https://abload.de/img/5qcsqktlio13.jpg[/mg]

First tweet is on point and I'm wondering that myself. Will they commit?

Second tweet is more questionable. Just making a cliched point because you feel you need to make a point, whether or not it's of any value.

:yeshrug
___

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »
So, I never played a Far Cry (haven't been too impressed with any of Ubisoft's other games apart from Rayman and some of the Prince of Persia games though), what's the big deal?
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 09:27:35 PM »
Far Cry originally was from CryTek and while linear did allow you some relative, especially for the time, freedom for much of the game to tackle enemies however you saw fit. Be it sniping them from afar, going in just blasting, or driving a Jeep over top of them. Crysis basically built off of this where the game is linear but is a bunch of sandbox areas stuck together.

Far Cry stayed as a Ubisoft property though. And with 2 they basically turned it into a crazy open-world FPS where this freedom was truly amped up. 2 had things like propagating fire and weather and day/night cycle that you could use against enemies. (There'd be guys inside during storms at night rather than outside, etc., they'd run from the fire and get alarmed overall, etc.) 3 amped this up and especially into stealth. 4's addition is mainly the location allowing for lots more stuff with the mountains and height being more of a factor than in earlier games. (Also it has a hilarious twist available.)

And then there's 3: Blood Dragon which is all of this but set in a 1980s era low budget dystopian sci-fi action flick. I guess Primal is the same concepts but set in the Stone Age, I haven't played it.

benjipwns

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »
Also a key thing in the world building is that you're basically out in the wild for lots of it, with villages or small little outposts being the largest population centers, you're not in cities like Assassins Creed or whatever.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »
So, I never played a Far Cry (haven't been too impressed with any of Ubisoft's other games apart from Rayman and some of the Prince of Persia games though), what's the big deal?
the setting and enemy is super easy to politicize.

Any dipshit upset that Ubisoft is "making the white people evil" was likely fine killing Africans in FC2 and fictionalized Nepalese in FC4.

Truth be told, this is perfectly in line with past Far Cry games. I mean, if you took Pagan Min from FC4 and made him American and put him in an American setting, he'd probably be a Militia cult leader up in some remote compound in the Rocky mountains.

EDIT: unless you're talking about the actual game mechanics and not the current controversy, pls ignore.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:10:59 PM by Let's Cyber »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »
Far Cry originally was from CryTek and while linear did allow you some relative, especially for the time, freedom for much of the game to tackle enemies however you saw fit. Be it sniping them from afar, going in just blasting, or driving a Jeep over top of them. Crysis basically built off of this where the game is linear but is a bunch of sandbox areas stuck together.

Far Cry stayed as a Ubisoft property though. And with 2 they basically turned it into a crazy open-world FPS where this freedom was truly amped up. 2 had things like propagating fire and weather and day/night cycle that you could use against enemies. (There'd be guys inside during storms at night rather than outside, etc., they'd run from the fire and get alarmed overall, etc.) 3 amped this up and especially into stealth. 4's addition is mainly the location allowing for lots more stuff with the mountains and height being more of a factor than in earlier games. (Also it has a hilarious twist available.)

And then there's 3: Blood Dragon which is all of this but set in a 1980s era low budget dystopian sci-fi action flick. I guess Primal is the same concepts but set in the Stone Age, I haven't played it.
FC3 also polished the hell out of everything and turned minor things that were criticized in FC2 into full blown systems.

Animals die on mere contact with your vehicle, they are rare and there are no predators among them? Well now there are agressive predators everywhere and you can hunt them, turn them into wallets and even sick them on enemies with bait.

In many ways, FC2 is not a game you would expect a major publisher to make. FC3 is in every way a game you would expect a major publisher to make.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 10:41:24 AM »
Far Cry 4 was only 15 minutes long, bad game.
©@©™

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »
More French-Canadian revanchist agitprop
QED

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:03 AM »
It looks sick as fuck. I always wondered how a Far Cry game set in a first-world country would be with all the killing and explosions.

the setting and enemy is super easy to politicize.

Any dipshit upset that Ubisoft is "making the white people evil" was likely fine killing Africans in FC2 and fictionalized Nepalese in FC4.

Truth be told, this is perfectly in line with past Far Cry games. I mean, if you took Pagan Min from FC4 and made him American and put him in an American setting, he'd probably be a Militia cult leader up in some remote compound in the Rocky mountains.

EDIT: unless you're talking about the actual game mechanics and not the current controversy, pls ignore.

Since I might be the only person who played Far Cry 2, I should mention that like half the African soldiers you fight are white. It was probably the most racially balanced Far Cry game actually and a lot of reviewers/forumites rolled their eyes at how PC it was.

Now Far Cry 3.....while very fun, definitely got into some crazy cultural appropriation territory with you being a white bro who sexualises a very ethnic cult leader who wants you to become their new super saiyan god thing. It had some weird stuff racially.

FC4 was okay. I didn't finish it. I never played FC Primal but your main enemy are the neanderthals which are the essence of whiteness.

I would say Far Cry has been good about letting you shoot people of all background. The Tom Clancy games on the other hand....those developers have a lot of fear of Mexicans.

benjipwns

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 01:47:15 AM »
Since I might be the only person who played Far Cry 2
:bolo

also there's so many ethnic/gender choices for who you play as with the rest becoming npc mission givers it's like a freakin UN peace keeping mission without the rape but with lots more murder

actually, i think that's one of the plot points that the UN/whoever have totally bailed on the place so they have to rely on mercenaries like you and the others

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 07:44:25 AM »
Now Far Cry 3.....while very fun, definitely got into some crazy cultural appropriation territory with you being a white bro who sexualises a very ethnic cult leader who wants you to become their new super saiyan god thing. It had some weird stuff racially.
White guy saviour was a fair accusation, but said cult leader is just using you and ritualistically fucks then murders you in one of the endings. You do have to kill your friends to get that far, though, so many probably never saw it.

The game is nowhere near as clever as the writer wanted to make it out to be in that RPS interview, but that one worked. Well, within the confines of AAA murder simulators, anyway...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:11:39 AM by Rufus »

benjipwns

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
Is it still Dunia Engine 2? Looks pretty nice.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
in b4 downgrade  :doge
[close]

Was thinking it would be this year, so the release date is surprising. That is 2 full years after Primal, which kind of felt like a DLC turned into a full game.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »
- February 28, 2018.

- Choose gender and skin color of protagonist.

- Fully playable in two player co-op.

- "Fangs for Hire" system similar to what was in Primal: recruit dogs, bears, cougars. Dogs can steal guns.

- American muscle cars, big rigs, ATVs, boats, and planes. Aerial dogfights and bombing runs.

- Melee weapons like sledgehammers, pitchforks and baseball bats.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
- Fully playable in two player co-op.

- "Fangs for Hire" system similar to what was in Primal: recruit dogs, bears, cougars. Dogs can steal guns.
:jawalrus

I'm in.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 10:48:32 AM »
Like clockwork.

Some of the kooky redneck badguys in the trailer are black, so I guess they didn't.
zzzzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »
Some of the kooky redneck badguys in the trailer are black, so I guess they didn't.

dog

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
I don't doubt black rednecks exist, but I'm pretty sure white supremacy is at the heart of most gun stockpiling, redneck militias. Not saying they had to explore the theme, but it would've been interesting.
zzzzz

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
and i guarantee the alt-right manbabies will still pitch a four over this and attack people based on something in our said about the game
pcp

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »
Looks awesome.

bluemax

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 10:53:35 PM »
and i guarantee the alt-right manbabies will still pitch a four over this and attack people based on something in our said about the game

They already are on Twitter.

Like clockwork.

The black preacher is apparently on your side.
NO

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2017, 02:45:06 AM »
I'm cautiously interested in playing Far Cry 5 - Punch Richard Spencer (and Also Daniel Bryan and Sheamus)
Hi

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
QED

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 07:20:38 AM »
I'm cautiously interested in playing Far Cry 5 - Punch Richard Spencer (and Also Daniel Bryan and Sheamus)

But why?

Honest question. The only good one post-FC1 is FC3: Blood Dragon, and that's because they went flat-out ridiculous. FC2 had too many respawning checkpoints. 3 was just boring. I haven't even bothered with 4, Primal because the gameplay just looks the same-y "Ubisoft tower" gameplay that FC3 had. And, as someone that plays the yearly releases of Assassin's Creed: I don't need more of that in my life.

Hopefully 5 is where they radically change it up and jettison the Ubisoft check-list design they have had for a while. I'm not asking for a Crysis (far from it), but go with a land-locked Far Cry: Instincts design would be nice. Being able to bypass enemies and objectives. But my memory on the X-box/console port of Far Cry is fuzzy, so I might be misremembering the ability to skip objectives/checkpoints and get through the game quicker.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:36:58 AM by thisismyusername »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
good doggie bringing gun :heart

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
Far Cry 3 was really great when it came out, but Far Cry 4 just felt like more of the same but in a different setting. Got about 12-15 hours into it before I got bored and moved on. But I really like what I'm seeing so far of Far Cry 5, looks like encounters are more varied and more tactical, with more and better ways to get things done.

It's still probably gonna have an Ubisoft open-world, though. :-\
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
no one remembers primal

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »
I don't doubt black rednecks exist, but I'm pretty sure white supremacy is at the heart of most gun stockpiling, redneck militias. Not saying they had to explore the theme, but it would've been interesting.
:(

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »
#notallgunnuts

Dennis

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2017, 05:38:24 PM »
I love Far Cry 3. Never played Far Cry 4.

I am very excited for Far Cry 5. If the gameplay is as good as Far Cry 3, better graphics and a new setting, then that is all I need.

benjipwns

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »

:american LIBTARDS ANNIHILATED :american