Author Topic: weed thread  (Read 53494 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: weed thread
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »
Lol why wouldn’t there be? Of course it does?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »
 :confused

What else are they supposed to do lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
So, read that apparently Hash Oil and vapes get you high? Any merits in that, Spence?

the thing to watch for when you start getting into these "legit" products is like, CBD vs THC type stuff. CBD is good for anxiety, actual medication etc and a high THC content will have you listening to the SSX3 soundtrack for six hours.

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/what-cbd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
So, read that apparently Hash Oil and vapes get you high? Any merits in that, Spence?

the thing to watch for when you start getting into these "legit" products is like, CBD vs THC type stuff. CBD is good for anxiety, actual medication etc and a high THC content will have you listening to the SSX3 soundtrack for six hours.

https://www.projectcbd.org/about/what-cbd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Huh, CBD apparently helps with anxiety. But I'd rather get high-high than "high"-high. That's what I read in the article, the major problem with these is the high THC content that apparently stones you completely out of your gourd if you're not careful.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:14 PM »
thc has no medicinal benefits at all, or does all weed have differing rations of both cbd and thc?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »
Most (all?) extracts show their percentages of both thc and cbd on the label in OR 🤷‍♀️

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2017, 05:58:33 PM »
aye next time ill ask my dealer for the label info thx  :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »
That said, I'm not sure on the legality around here. If I could get the oil + vape without the medical red-tape, I'd just go that route. :doge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »
aye next time ill ask my dealer for the label info thx  :doge
you asked about medical, he answered about medical. step ya game up

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
I was asking if weed i general, but rereading my post i realise i forgot to put in "does". what i get is "cbd is medicinal thc is not", but im just wondering does thc have medicinal properties, or does weed in general have a mix of both cbd and thc. All i know is street weed.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »
Some strains of weed are higher in it than others. There’s a whole mess of different cannabinoids, which are just weed chemicals. Some get you high, some have medicinal properties, some are probably barely researched still. Thc is the most abundant by far and cbd is like second. Weed in general has a mix, thc has been selected for more traditionally but there are also high cbd strains of flower

thisismyusername

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:16 AM »
That said, I'm not sure on the legality around here. If I could get the oil + vape without the medical red-tape, I'd just go that route. :doge

Nope. Still illegal, and in-fact can fuck you over more due to stupid law wording over the extracts. :doge :doge

Welp.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »
anyone here tried a thc patch before? going to durango next week on a little vacation and am going to be picking up a bunch of stuff, just curious cause a patch sounds like the weirdest thing. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2017, 12:02:59 PM »
Made a couple stops on my way into Durango. :doge One of the shops had Willie Nelson branded flower (and other goofy stuff like Snoop branded gummies named Dogg Treats) so I had to be a sucker and get some. Probably will make one more stop before I leave

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
Bought some gummies and was severely unimpressed, legal weed food isn’t very cost effective

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2017, 09:09:02 AM »
Yeah the first time you walk in a dispensary is a trip. It's hard to describe how surreal it was to walk into a retail store, browse a selection of weed, buy some, and walk out like it was any other mundane transaction after a decade plus of having to deal with the hassle of weed guys.

When I went to Colorado my first experience with a dispensary was being greeted by a dude who was baked off his ass checking ID's which led to a quaint showcase area with the names of various strains chalked in fun pastel colors. The entire experience was very willy wonka'ish

Bought some gummies and was severely unimpressed, legal weed food isn’t very cost effective

If youre gonna go edibles, I would make it yourself. Regulations on total cannabinoid content probably effects just how much of a punch you can get from edibles.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:13:37 AM by BlueTsunami »
:9

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »
I make a pretty bitchin budder at home, the gummies were a convenience purchase for sure, and you’re right, the regulated dose is way too low. 10 doses at 23 bucks tax included seemed awesome, then my wife and I took 2 doses each, barely got high. The next night my wife does 3, isn’t impressed. We make little one inch square brownies that are night enders, I shouldn’t have to eat a whole bag of sour patch kids to get high. That should be after. I will say their extracts are cleaner and taste better than a simple home butter.

Clockwork5

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »
Why are video games so boring while sober?

Why are video games so much fucking fun when you're high af?

I smoke most every night after work but every couple of months or so I take a week or two off. During these times I can maybe play 30 minutes of like the greatest game of all time before getting completely bored and disinterested. Give me a bowl or two and I'll be up until like 4 am marathoning that shit.

Like peanut butter and jelly.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »

jorma

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2018, 06:29:32 PM »
i would love to wake up every morning on a pillow that tells me it's pot o' clock.

Tasty

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »
Best vape for weed? As in both raw and oil.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2018, 12:15:29 PM »
ppl seem to love the pax
i like my airizer solo but have some complaints though I think they just dropped a newer version

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »
Tasty, is MA ever gonna let legalization happen? What's the hold up?
野球

Tasty

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »

You might have heard about this thing called the "Trump Administration," whose Attorney General Jeff Sessions just rescinded an Obama-era memo protecting states from federal interference when it comes to pot.

Aside from that annoying issue, MA has legalized marijuana. Decriminalization happened in 2008, and medical followed in 2013. There are already dispensaries in the state. I know that right now in Quincy there's a place baking weed into pizza.

In 2016 we voted to legalize the selling and buying of recreational pot, which is probably what you're referring to. If the Sessions thing doesn't fuck everything up (which it unfortunately probably will), weed will be available for purchase for anyone over 21 this July.

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
In 2016 we voted to legalize the selling and buying of recreational pot, which is probably what you're referring to. If the Sessions thing doesn't fuck everything up (which it unfortunately probably will), weed will be available for purchase for anyone over 21 this July.

Yeah, it was this. I knew the voters passed it, but it's taken the MA government much longer than we saw out here with Washington and Oregon to actually implement it. Was just curious why.

I'm not a regular consumer of the stuff, but Sessions and the DOJ don't seem to be scaring anyone out here.
野球

Tasty

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
Classic MA bureaucracy, mostly. I'm actually surprised it's happening this year. Governor Baker delayed the whole thing six months after the vote (was originally February 2018), and I was/am worried he could do it again.

To be fair, there does seem to have been work put into setting up the Cannabis Control Commission and making sure every district has had "a say" (I think some of them are opting out, or something.) Might be surprising but public opinion here is pretty divided (48% vs 47%), but I think that'll change once it's legalized and people realize it's not such a big deal.

I guess it should be noted Boston Mayor Mahty Walsh is privately against legalization (he connects it to alcohol addiction, which has affected him personally), but he said he'll abide by the referendum and not get in the way here.

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 12:53:26 PM »
Whenever we go back to Nebraska to visit my wife's family, her grandma just goes on and on about the evils of pot and how these "drug smugglers from Colorado" are coming into the state and destroying society. It's Reefer Madness in action. I swear she forgets that we live in a legal state, I always want to lean over and tell her "You know what? We occasionally smoke it and we're good people."

Alcohol causes way more problems than pot does, and I love alcohol. [shrug]
野球

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »
Best vape for flower imo is the mighty

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2018, 12:45:46 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »
Classic MA bureaucracy, mostly. I'm actually surprised it's happening this year. Governor Baker delayed the whole thing six months after the vote (was originally February 2018), and I was/am worried he could do it again.

To be fair, there does seem to have been work put into setting up the Cannabis Control Commission and making sure every district has had "a say" (I think some of them are opting out, or something.) Might be surprising but public opinion here is pretty divided (48% vs 47%), but I think that'll change once it's legalized and people realize it's not such a big deal.

I guess it should be noted Boston Mayor Mahty Walsh is privately against legalization (he connects it to alcohol addiction, which has affected him personally), but he said he'll abide by the referendum and not get in the way here.

The irony being the alcohol lobby has dumped a shitload of money into opposing legalization, and apparently for good reason, since it's taking a bite out of booze sales lol

As far as proper recreational sale go in MA, it's gonna be a ways off methinks. Medical passed five years before recreational, and dispensaries are still incredibly sparse. The 'industry' is going to start from scratch - whereas states like CA, WA, and CO had the medical side running for ages, no one here has a legit foot in the door. On the other hand, there are some sub-legitimate delivery operations I've seen first hand, with websites and numbers and all that, who operate as medical delivery services but are not carding anyone and functionally operate like a traditional weed dealer. I think it's probably a great time for established weed guys to start networking with venture capitalist types if they want to build something in the next few years.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2018, 01:29:19 AM »
Also it will never not shock me how bizarrely backwards and puritanical this fucking state can be. We basically invented alcoholism and yet we allowed blue laws to exist until like a decade ago in some places, and here we are on the cusp of being able to make a shitton of money and potentially lower opiate and alcohol addiction, yet we're paralyzed once again.  The mind boggles

thisismyusername

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2018, 01:45:42 AM »

I blacked out on gummies. So your tolerance may be wayyyy higher than mine (not a weed smoker, or anything). Shit was like 50mg or something in each, medical grade.

That said, the gummies were weird tasting. I dunno if "pot brownies" hide the taste behind actual brownie-tasting-brownies, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you got something to mask the taste.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2018, 06:11:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/zackfox/status/954300528955019264

Tbh one of the reasons I love weed is because it actually makes me feel like a kid again, smells, feelings, touch etc its weird.

and TIMU - made brownies a while back, you barely taste the weed, but it does leave a bit of a burnt after taste.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
Saw there was a deal for $45 off a G Pen Elite so I pounced. Pretty excited for it to get here.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2018, 07:47:21 PM »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »
Just picked up an eighth of ATF for the night. I’m hoping benji will post something long that I could get lost in.
serge

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
Best vape for weed? As in both raw and oil.

https://www.vapecritic.com/best-portable/

(Image removed from quote.)

haha I know the guys who own the company that makes the cfx, always thought their vapes were kinda trash

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2018, 05:28:27 AM »
Half those things are out based on aesthetics and size for me. I'm not trying to look like I'm blowing a transformer when I wanna get stoned in the woods

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »
Half those things are out based on aesthetics and size for me. I'm not trying to look like I'm blowing a transformer when I wanna get stoned in the woods

Fellating a power drill every time I use the Plenty :noah

Mighty :rejoice

How's yours holding up? The author of that website mentioned he's on his 4th Crafty. Says both the Mighty and Crafty have higher than average defect rates with the Crafty faring worse, though he claims S&B are good about issuing replacements.

My Plenty works great but it's totally a desktop vape where you're dealing with cords, outlets and other buzzkill shit. Been eyeing the Mighty/Crafty as an upgrade / complimentary portable vape.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »
I just picked up a Solo 2 a few days ago and I fucking love it. I've been using a Da Buddha desktop vaporizer for years, and while it's a good machine, the Solo 2 is nice because it's a lot less messy, can kick it on the couch with it and not worry about spilling weed etc.

I borrowed a Pax (original version) from a friend and I hated it. Couldn't get good draws and it toasted my weed so fast and tasted like shit. Maybe the Pax 3 is better, I dunno.

I was looking at a Mighty, but I've read about them breaking and being very hit-or-miss in terms of reliability and longevity, and I wasn't going to drop that much on something that might just stop working for seemingly no reason.
Fish<

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2018, 12:12:34 PM »
I have the OG solo. Like it a lot.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »
benji let me down :(
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »
The mighty itself has held up, I have wrecked a few chargers tho

It’s pretty big compared to something like a regular disposable vape pen but its function for flower is awesome

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2018, 10:47:29 PM »
Made a couple stops on my way into Durango. :doge One of the shops had Willie Nelson branded flower (and other goofy stuff like Snoop branded gummies named Dogg Treats) so I had to be a sucker and get some. Probably will make one more stop before I leave

Those green bottles for flowers are from Durango Organics. I know cause I went last year. Best REC flowers in the SW end of Colorado. Shame I gotta go to Denver or Telluride to get my concentrates at a reasonable price.
UK

Tasty

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:35 AM »
Any tips for my new G Pen Elite?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
Those green bottles for flowers are from Durango Organics. I know cause I went last year. Best REC flowers in the SW end of Colorado. Shame I gotta go to Denver or Telluride to get my concentrates at a reasonable price.
Yep, that's the spot. Was right off the highway coming from NM so I stopped there first. Got the other stuff there from Sante, which is a really good spot downtown. Also stopped by The Greenery which was small, but had good stuff. Plus they took cards

Tasty

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »
My G Pen gets here tomorrow but I have no material for it. :(

Any tips and tricks? It's a "flower" vape.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2018, 12:35:53 PM »
I've not used that one specifically but for most of those flower vapes make sure your stuff is ground very finely and packed in well. Also clean it after every few uses cause those things can get gunked up quickly.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
Yeah get a good grinder — don’t get anything made out of aluminum, unless you like inhaling shavings (old gold standard for grinders was “space case” haven’t looked them up in awhile because my space case is still a champ.) Use high % isopropyl alcohol to clean weed stuff, just don’t let it sit too long on anything rubber. And stop by my place for some free flower 😘

Tasty

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »
PM me your address bb 😚

Guess I have to get a grinder... with my bowl I just ground it with my fingers.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2018, 12:09:48 AM »
could do what my dread uncle used to do, swiss army knife scissors. Any small but sharp scissors like a hair clipper would do as well

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2018, 01:48:29 PM »
I use this for the weed I pack in my Pax. If you can break it up to the point where it fits in here, you probably won't need another grinder. Basically turns regularly ground weed into dust. A little pricey but very effective https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Flight-Finishing-Grinder-Walnut/dp/B00GNKFOUC?th=1

Tasty

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »
Is dust what I want to put in? Or just grounds?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »
I'm not sure if it's one size fits all, but for the Pax at least, the finer the grind the better. It takes a little more to pull from it, but you can get like twice as much in the oven and thus don't have to repack it as often. I got mine to use casually on the go though, so that's my main priority. If you're using it around the crib and you don't mind repacking a few times I'm sure a standard head shop style grinder would do fine.

Tasty

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2018, 05:33:50 PM »
I'm not sure if it's one size fits all, but for the Pax at least, the finer the grind the better. It takes a little more to pull from it, but you can get like twice as much in the oven and thus don't have to repack it as often. I got mine to use casually on the go though, so that's my main priority. If you're using it around the crib and you don't mind repacking a few times I'm sure a standard head shop style grinder would do fine.

Gotcha. I don't mind much either way. I think my sister has a grinder with compartments for both? Like the middle is the somewhat course stuff and the bottom is finer.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
A lot of grinders have a top chamber where you place the weed to grind it, a middle chamber that catches the ground weed with a metal screen, and a bottom chamber that gradually builds up really fine keef, which you empty slowly and turn into hash in the summer when no one's picking up the phone.