Author Topic: State of Decay 2  (Read 2029 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
State of Decay 2
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:08:47 AM »

STATE of MOTHERFUCKING DECAY 2: More zombies than you can shake a stick at!

OK, I love-love-loved the first game, despite its jank. It was a fantastic open-world take on the zombie genre, and filled the hole left in my heart after Activision canceled DEAD RUSH way back in the day.

SIDE NOTE: State of Decay filled it successfully, unlike the hole left in my heart from Mercenaries, which was not filled by Ghost Recon Wildlands.

On the one hand, this looks suspiciously like more of the same. On the other hand, AWESOME, just what I wanted. The only thing I hope they add is co-op, and maybe even competitive play, though I think that would quickly show off everyone's "inner Negan."

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: State of Decay 2
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »
Dead Rush trailer, for the curious:

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:37:13 AM »
For fans of the game, I think it is a decent trailer. I didn't want a major overhaul (except maybe for the god awful car handling :doge) so I think this looks fine.  Just having a new map and co-op are the headlines here. I wish it released this year.

It is a little strange a sequel to an overachieving XBLA game is now needed to help carry a new console but here we are.
The only thing I hope they add is co-op
I thought 4 player co-op was confirmed?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
For fans of the game, I think it is a decent trailer. I didn't want a major overhaul (except maybe for the god awful car handling :doge) so I think this looks fine.  Just having a new map and co-op are the headlines here. I wish it released this year.

It is a little strange a sequel to an overachieving XBLA game is now needed to help carry a new console but here we are.
The only thing I hope they add is co-op
I thought 4 player co-op was confirmed?

Is it? I'm LTTP on this, clearly.

The last thing I recall was this group was making an MMO off the same SoD content, but it looks like that's been put on hold or killed.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »
Never played this one. I did play "How to Survive" because it was free on GWG. How to Survive fucking sucked
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
Never played this one. I did play "How to Survive" because it was free on GWG. How to Survive fucking sucked

I thought about getting that game a few times. Happy that I didn't.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »
This game is 1000 times better than how to survive. From looking at the trailer they didnt change much, but yeah that's cool, all the game needed was coop imo.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 04:59:24 AM »
Is it? I'm LTTP on this, clearly.
yup, devs confirmed co-op multiplayer.

Drop in, drop out. One player hosts, world can be set to invite or friends only. There is a system where the host can fire an emergency flare which then allows other random players to jump into your game and (hopefully) help out. The host opens themselves up to trolls by using a flare but I guess that is part of the risk/reward.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 01:52:06 PM »
Loved the original. Only thing it was missing was the co-op aspect. I also didn't care for the time passes when you are away thing. I don't mind them making the game as hard as they want. But I never really cared for that concept.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:35:28 AM »
Loved the original. Only thing it was missing was the co-op aspect. I also didn't care for the time passes when you are away thing. I don't mind them making the game as hard as they want. But I never really cared for that concept.

I'm the same way with Animal Crossing. It's just a source of stress to have cockroaches encroaching on my cabin if I can't play for a month.