Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2266123 times)

Himu

Re: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...
« Reply #20400 on: November 02, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
This is because y'all were distinguished mentally-challenged and had to make fun of this niccas Twitter. Jesus tap dancing Christ while balancing matzo on a unicycle.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20401 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »

The board has a bad reputation but that doesn't mean the people on all the list had anything to do with mocking Ted Danson. It's reasonable for the site and thread to have a bad rep, but if you're going to toss names, get your facts straight.

It's all irrelevant. The board has the reputation. Everyone a part of it will be shackled with it.
nat

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #20402 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
beseda come post bitch
bent

agrajag

« Reply #20403 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:14 AM »
LOL Cindi, you bitched on and on about how recessera ruined your fighting game community discord or whatever, and now you so shamefully want to be in good standing over there that it would make Dennis blush smh 

:neogaf :point

Himu

« Reply #20404 on: November 02, 2017, 11:06:52 AM »

The board has a bad reputation but that doesn't mean the people on all the list had anything to do with mocking Ted Danson. It's reasonable for the site and thread to have a bad rep, but if you're going to toss names, get your facts straight.

It's all irrelevant. The board has the reputation. Everyone a part of it will be shackled with it.

So you defend this idea that we should be shackled regardless of facts?
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20405 on: November 02, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
y'all can't be serious if you think this board doesn't have a bad reputation specifically because this thread. you can't have a thread dedicated to laughing at people from other boards and not expect it to reflect poorly on the board in general.

like - keep doing it if it's what you all wanna do, but don't be surprised.

Honestly dont think they care to investigate their claims, you're wasting breath getting angry.

agrajag

« Reply #20406 on: November 02, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
Mods, I am locking this thread.

But seriously, I love you Himu, but you can be all over the place with this forum warz bullshit

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #20407 on: November 02, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
Not sure who you are. You're mostly into British football, right? Thanks though.

nothing personal, you just seem a magnet for boring conversations that do my head in.

don't know why you don't just keep it all in the thread made for that sort of thing really.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20408 on: November 02, 2017, 11:08:30 AM »
This is because y'all were distinguished mentally-challenged and had to make fun of this niccas Twitter. Jesus tap dancing Christ while balancing matzo on a unicycle.
it's besada, he doesn't really give a shit about Ted Dan Son, this is the guy who wanted to shape NeoGAF.com by forcing the culling of certain posters and protecting others to ensure a proper discussion board was created, that's why he made sure to put your more known identity in his list and thought he was targeting ResetEra AND Bore posters

he's probably the one who canned you and everyone you care about from GAF

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20409 on: November 02, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »

Of course not. It's shitty. But people here have done the same thing about GAF. It's not fair but it's just how it is. We can't be surprised we have a reputation when we actively do things to support the narrative.
nat

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #20410 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:27 AM »
wear it with pride cindi. this is the bad kids (gender neutral) bathroom.

either that or denounce this place and make your own list of anti-revolutionary dissenters and be on the right side of history once the purges begin.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:15:18 AM by headwalk »

OathToOrder

« Reply #20411 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:46 AM »
The in-fighting already begun. This was besada's plan all along. The Hate Machine is crumbling.

agrajag

« Reply #20412 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
I just think the idea that we are some sort of Hate Machine is so preposterous that this is what you should be incredulous over, not who got included in said Hate Machine.

Search your hearts. Making fun of bobrob's self-aggrandizing posts and thinking that besada was a shit mod who ruined neogaf does not make you some hateful villain. Maybe in besada's eyes, because he got his fat feelings hurt.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20413 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »

We shouldn't but such are the trappings of fame (if we can call it that). You can still plead your individual case if you want to.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #20414 on: November 02, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »

We shouldn't but such are the trappings of fame (if we can call it that). You can still plead your individual case if you want to.

Too late, Besada and Emily Rogers have cast their final judgment  :bolo

Averon

« Reply #20415 on: November 02, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »
Who gives a shit if Besada think you're part of a "hate group."

Y'all forgot who that claim is coming from?

Himu

« Reply #20416 on: November 02, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »

On a special note, I haven't listened to Bowie since he passed. Time to go through his catalogue....AGAIN. :lawd
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #20417 on: November 02, 2017, 11:15:19 AM »
Stop lying and spreading hate! She said that she will look into all of the names besada listed! Even with her sources she couldn't have completed that by now!

CrankyJay

« Reply #20418 on: November 02, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »

I guess that includes you, lol.

tummyfat

« Reply #20419 on: November 02, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
I know I only have been posting here a couple weeks, but I'm a little sad besada didn't include me in the hate machine

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20420 on: November 02, 2017, 11:16:19 AM »

I guess that includes you, lol.

I mean... yeah? That's the point.
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20421 on: November 02, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
Imagine being the leader of a hate machine, that's pretty empowering.

Am I alpha now?

Line up if you're feeling like this macho big cock alpha needs to fuck your wife
fat

agrajag

« Reply #20422 on: November 02, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »
Stop lying and spreading hate! She said that she will look into all of the names besada listed! Even with her sources she couldn't have completed that by now!

Well, I AM the #3 ranked hate monger, contrary to the lies sowed by the unpaid volunteer Raist.

Himu

« Reply #20423 on: November 02, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »
That is IT, y'all...

I'm going to go listen to NIN

:daigasm: :lawd
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20424 on: November 02, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
I'm the minor hate peon that gets finished off in comedic fashion during the opening credits :fbm

gfm793

« Reply #20425 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
Meanwhile the jilted besada writes in his journal:

"That forum is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sexism and racism will foam up about their waists and all the trolls and moderates will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like bishoptl or President Obama. Decent men who believed in a taking day's pay for a day's work. Instead they followed the droppings of the alt-right and Nazis and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole net stands on the brink, staring down into bloody Hell, all those conservatives and reality hosts and gamergaters... and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.

(Image removed from quote.)

What would make that perfect would honestly be putting besada's face on Rorschach's body.

benjipwns

« Reply #20426 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
wait does the Hate Machine operate by Mirror Universe or Whisperer rules? do i have to topple Demi to prevent being myself toppled?

agrajag

« Reply #20427 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
I know I only have been posting here a couple weeks, but I'm a little sad besada didn't include me in the hate machine

he did

Demi, Benji, agrajag, cindy mayweather(himu), h.i.v.e, dennis, raist, optimus, stufte, etiolate, momo and others

:smug

Himu

« Reply #20428 on: November 02, 2017, 11:19:52 AM »
:lol I  can't stop laughing at these accusations :lol

The Bore...a hate machine :lol

Listening to Nine Inch Nails :rejoice
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #20429 on: November 02, 2017, 11:20:56 AM »

*secretly forwards info to Tipper Gore*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20430 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
wait does the Hate Machine operate by Mirror Universe or Whisperer rules? do i have to topple Demi to prevent being myself toppled?
And how does a minor unnamed character go about doing a Sam Rockwell and actually survive?

Himu

« Reply #20431 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »

he did

Demi, Benji, agrajag, cindy mayweather(himu), h.i.v.e, dennis, raist, optimus, stufte, etiolate, momo and others

Fix my name.

I'm named after the goddess herself. It's Cindi with an i!

IYKYK

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #20432 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Hate is such a strong word.

I feel like we're more of a mild contempt machine, at the end of the day.  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #20433 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:37 AM »

he did

Demi, Benji, agrajag, cindy mayweather(himu), h.i.v.e, dennis, raist, optimus, stufte, etiolate, momo

Ah, so all the shitty posters :smug

shots fired Demi!

Rocky

« Reply #20434 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

Of course not. It's shitty. But people here have done the same thing about GAF. It's not fair but it's just how it is. We can't be surprised we have a reputation when we actively do things to support the narrative.

It's wasn't fair that you can't have any criticism about GAF or it's mod team.  If you did, you were banned.  That's why places like thebore and voat came to be.  You can vent about them without fear of being banned or anything.  And it's kinda sad that Reset is heading in the same direction.

CrankyJay

« Reply #20435 on: November 02, 2017, 11:22:01 AM »
:lol I  can't stop laughing at these accusations :lol

SLAVE SCREAMS he thinks he knows what he wants
SLAVE SCREAMS thinks he has something to say

benjipwns

« Reply #20436 on: November 02, 2017, 11:22:48 AM »

he did

Demi, Benji, agrajag, cindy mayweather(himu), h.i.v.e, dennis, raist, optimus, stufte, etiolate, momo

Ah, so all the shitty posters :smug
Get him Hate Machine! In the name of our Alpha, Demi!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20437 on: November 02, 2017, 11:23:06 AM »
There's a big difference between criticizing the operations of a website and pointing and laughing at it's users.
nat

agrajag

« Reply #20438 on: November 02, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

Fix my name.

take it up with Besada, he made the list, not me.

On the other hand, you seem to be in the clear since he seems to be talking about another person with an extremely similar name

:rollsafe

CrankyJay

« Reply #20439 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
There's a big difference between criticizing the operations of a website and pointing and laughing at it's users.

Who gives a shit? They do the same thing in the opposite direction.

If the rules allowed it we'd be doing it directly to one another on another website.

Himu

« Reply #20440 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »

Fix my name.

take it up with Besada, he made the list, not me.

On the other hand, you seem to be in the clear since he seems to be talking about another person with an extremely similar name

IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #20441 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:05 AM »
i feel more jeopardised having not being on the list than if i was on it. besada sowing the seeds of doubt to pull us apart.

benjipwns

« Reply #20442 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »
i feel more jeopardised having not being on the list than if i was on it. besada sowing the seeds of doubt to pull us apart.
he's not going to stick a fellow mod on the list, duckroll

FStop7

« Reply #20443 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
RE has a 50 page meta commentary thread dedicated to GAF.  How is that different?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-thousands-of-neogaf-users-flock-to-new-website.1177/page-49

agrajag

« Reply #20444 on: November 02, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

the spirit of this entire thread is predicated on pointing and laughing and people

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #20445 on: November 02, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
I hope you're just trolling.

Don't see what's trolly about it. This most central place of activity is a thread dedicated to pointing and laughing at people from another board. There's a lot of guests and that shit gets spread around. For as much as we try to separate ourselves and distance ourselves as a splinter board - we still do the shit a splinter board does.

You're acting as if making fun of stupidity and irrationality should give you a bad reputation. Based on that logic every comedian on earth should have a bad reputation, in fact this place is tamer than that, people on this board just make fun of anonymous idiots that don't even need us to make fools of themselves.

Himu

« Reply #20446 on: November 02, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Real talk my main complaint is being on a list with etiolate. That's what's triggering me most.

IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20447 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

the spirit of this entire thread is predicated on pointing and laughing and people

again... the point. we dedicate an entire space to pointing and laughing at people so we simply cannot be surprised the people we point and laugh at have a poor opinion of us.
nat

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #20448 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:04 AM »
Just caught up on the Besada drama
 :neogaf

Kinda feel bad for him since he's probably spent 10000+ hours moderating GAF for nothing, but he's clearly learned nothing over that time.

I'll still never understand how gamergate continues to be a thing when the whole thing is about a break up between two completely trash randos.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20449 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »
Imagine doing an interview and be like "so do ya'll do christmas gifts or nah"
fat

tummyfat

« Reply #20450 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »
50 year old man upset that his volunteer work does not lead to Christmas present.

Novid

« Reply #20451 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:12 AM »
beseda shouldnt be talking, he protected folks that actively partook in the harvest or souls and looked the other way

benjipwns

« Reply #20452 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
beseda shouldnt be talking, he protected folks that actively partook in the harvest or souls and looked the other way
okay, now you're talking my language with the Steve Youngblood fan fiction

agrajag

« Reply #20453 on: November 02, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »

again... the point. we dedicate an entire space to pointing and laughing at people so we simply cannot be surprised the people we point and laugh at have a poor opinion of us.

well excuse me for not giving a fuck if besada has a poor opinion of us

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #20454 on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:29 AM »

That's cool, that's what I was saying from the start. We can't have this thread and then complain when people see us negatively because of it.
nat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20455 on: November 02, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
We absolutely can, look at this guy telling me what I can't do looooool
fat

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #20456 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:05 AM »
Besada, the harvester of souls. It sounds like we're making fun of weight though.

agrajag

« Reply #20457 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »

That's cool, that's what I was saying from the start. We can't have this thread and then complain when people see us negatively because of it.

Yes, but we can mock the absurdity of Emily Rogers taking Besada at face value and black listing us from their progressive utopia. Or calling us the Hate Machine.

benjipwns

« Reply #20458 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »
you won't think that when your ResetEra account is banned and Kotaku publishes its expose on the figures behind the alt-right Hate Machine known as The Bore and the victims it's attacked

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20459 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:35 AM »
Hate is such a strong word.

I feel like we're more of a mild contempt machine, at the end of the day.  :doge
The Annoyance Machine