Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2179527 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Re: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...
« Reply #20521 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
obeseda's implied thread lmao. IF PEOPLE MOCK THE AWFUL MODERATING JOB I DID I'M LEAVING :lol

Yeah, and go where? :smug
MMA

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20522 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
Him threatening to leave was enough to get them to threaten a permaban for something that is definitely not perma-worthy in the TOS or even in the internal mod guidelines they sent out?
And how many divisions do you have Jack Remington?

« Reply #20523 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
Cindi, as a black woman how do you feel about Besada objectifying and fetishizing you?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166639188&postcount=12756

Can you imagine the look of utter horror and disgust on these poor women's faces when a 400lbs man ogled at them as pieces of un-chewed shrimp and andouille sausageg dribbled down his chin?

Why did you have to be so descriptive.  :donot

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20524 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:11 PM »
Yeah, and go where? :smug
to taco bell, of course

Himu

« Reply #20525 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
Guys, I pm'd Cerium and he sent this. I asked for his approval to share it and he gave the okay:

Hi Himuro,

I'd like to make something clear upfront: Besada is not on our staff. We do not answer to Besada. We will never ban anyone just because a member asked us to; due diligence is always done. The screenshot you are referring to is days old and was discarded after we found no basis for bans. In fact we cut ties with the channel that screenshot was taken from because it had become a distraction. Your account remains in good standing here.

If you feel that there is more that needs clarity, let me know how you would like to continue the conversation.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20526 on: November 02, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
To dig up an old dank meme

Besada annihilated....
fat

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #20527 on: November 02, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
"If calling out poor moderation from another internet message board becomes a regular thing, I, former mod and now current busybody, will be leaving."

« Reply #20528 on: November 02, 2017, 12:35:57 PM »
Irrational hate in this thread?

Why I never. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #20529 on: November 02, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
Guys, I pm'd Cerium and he sent this. I asked for his approval to share it and he gave the okay:
Wow, now she's expanding to a triple agent? :thinking

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20530 on: November 02, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »

Hi Himuro,

I'd like to make something clear upfront: Besada is not on our staff. We do not answer to Besada. We will never ban anyone just because a member asked us to; due diligence is always done. The screenshot you are referring to is days old and was discarded after we found no basis for bans. In fact we cut ties with the channel that screenshot was taken from because it had become a distraction. Your account remains in good standing here.

If you feel that there is more that needs clarity, let me know how you would like to continue the conversation.
These guys may actually not be so bad  :uguu

« Reply #20531 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:35 PM »

Hi Himuro,

But who will they  hate now Momo? WHO?

benjipwns

« Reply #20532 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
Don't fall for it Momo, you're part of our Demi-led Hate Machine, don't be swayed by Jack Remington and Himu's false Hate Machine promises!

« Reply #20533 on: November 02, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »

Hi Himuro,

Who is the front runner in the ResetMOD awards?

« Reply #20534 on: November 02, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That's going to be amusing in the not so distant future

agrajag

« Reply #20535 on: November 02, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
Lol is Cerium like the good timeline Thug1?

tummyfat

« Reply #20536 on: November 02, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »

besada the ATE MACHINE vs. demi the HATE MACHINE

Himu

« Reply #20537 on: November 02, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
Also, I extended an invitation for Cerium to join our forum to clear the air a bit. He said one of his staff will be doing just that.
IYKYK

« Reply #20538 on: November 02, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
Also, I extended an invitation for Cerium to join our forum to clear the air a bit. He said one of his staff will be doing just that.

:ufup

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20539 on: November 02, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »

Hi Himuro,

Who is the front runner in the ResetMOD awards?
Steve Youngblood, a mod who transcends forum space and time

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #20540 on: November 02, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »

Time to run and hide  :gddr5

benjipwns

« Reply #20541 on: November 02, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
Hillary Clinton supporter, like rogue Hate Machine creator Jack Remington.

Don't fall for the obvious false flag con here guys!

agrajag

« Reply #20542 on: November 02, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

Time to run and hide  :gddr5

LOL, watch half the bore mark out when one of the Recess Executives makes an appearance

agrajag

« Reply #20543 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
Hillary Clinton supporter, like rogue Hate Machine creator Jack Remington.

Don't fall for the obvious false flag con here guys!

Besada warned us!

:brazilcry

Himu

« Reply #20544 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:47 PM »

:ufup

IYKYK

Rocky

« Reply #20545 on: November 02, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »

Hi Himuro,

Yeah.  GAF's mod team would just completely ignore all inquiries anyone would send them.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #20546 on: November 02, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »
What the fuck, how am I not a member of the internet hate machine?  :fbm
Fish<

« Reply #20547 on: November 02, 2017, 12:45:20 PM »
Told you guys they were good peoples. :doge

Averon

« Reply #20548 on: November 02, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »

ResetERA is about to join a hate group!

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20549 on: November 02, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
besada retire bitch

benjipwns

« Reply #20550 on: November 02, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »
Told you guys they were good peoples. :doge
Good people don't join known Hate Machines.

They're cowards and I sense that they're vile inside.

However, I am just flinging assessments at them. There's not much else to do in regards to a person like them. However, if they insist on the snark and passive aggressive horseshit, I'll continue to be honest about their behavior. That'll be our agreement.

Himu

« Reply #20551 on: November 02, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »
TBH, as far as NIN albums go I'm more of a Downward Spiral than a Pretty Hate Machine. :doge

Hurt is probably my theme song. :rejoice
IYKYK

Sirpopopop

« Reply #20552 on: November 02, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm an Administrator at ResetEra and after receiving a message from Himuro, Cerium asked me to come clarify a few things: Besada is not a member of our staff. We do not answer to him. We have never and will never blindly carry out any ban requests. The screenshot you've all seen is days old. Emily looked into the list, found no basis for bans, and discarded it. We also cut ties with the channel that screenshot was taken in because it had outlived its purpose.

Whatever history there is between you guys and GAF, it was before our time. As long as there is no doxxing/harassment or actual illegal activity, we will not ban for off-site behavior. We have no interest in any kind of cross forum beef. We won't tell you how to feel about us, but hopefully that will clear up some misunderstandings.

Newhalf

« Reply #20553 on: November 02, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
benji exposed!

« Reply #20554 on: November 02, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm an Administrator at ResetEra and after receiving a message from Himuro, Cerium asked me to come clarify a few things: Besada is not a member of our staff. We do not answer to him. We have never and will never blindly carry out any ban requests. The screenshot you've all seen is days old. Emily looked into the list, found no basis for bans, and discarded it. We also cut ties with the channel that screenshot was taken in because it had outlived its purpose.

Whatever history there is between you guys and GAF, it was before our time. As long as there is no doxxing/harassment or actual illegal activity, we will not ban for off-site behavior. We have no interest in any kind of cross forum beef. We won't tell you how to feel about us, but hopefully that will clear up some misunderstandings.
A likely story. How much is Bobby paying you to spy on us?  :ufup

« Reply #20555 on: November 02, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »
Benji you nefarious dastardly fool.

agrajag

« Reply #20556 on: November 02, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »
TBH, as far as NIN albums go I'm more of a Downward Spiral than a Pretty Hate Machine. :doge

The Fragile >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

« Reply #20557 on: November 02, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »

No worries, these guys are mostly harmless if not cranky.

Or a Benji.

Himu

« Reply #20558 on: November 02, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »

You've always been a good poster with good taste in music.  :itagaki

Thanks!
IYKYK

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #20559 on: November 02, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
If someone called me skinny I would be offended too. But that’s because I’m a fatty, and they only way someone would ever call me skinny is if they were making fun of me. Like when they give a big mobster the nickname Tiny.

hi

If  we end up vomiting on each other in the shower, I won’t tell Facebook

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20560 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »
benji exposed!

How does he function in the real world if his interpretation of events is this broken?

« Reply #20561 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:22 PM »

tummyfat

« Reply #20562 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »

Why does this get a ban warning shortly after besada complains about it in Discord?

Thanks for coming by, btw. We appreciate the olive branch

agrajag

« Reply #20563 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »
stop doxxing benji

daemon

« Reply #20564 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »
wow at the beefsoda screencaps. The world wasn't ready for a new Hitler just yet so god gave him a body incapable of beating a couple of stairs.

Btw, I really don't want to join resetEra because one week in it's already oppression olympic coating over games. I know I wouldn't last and some of the mod choices are not that surprising based on what I just said.

I'll stay on this cesspool of alt-righteousness instead  >:(

For all it's worth, at least there're some dissenting opinions over Tim Soret. I still believe people wanting him to be outcast from making games and financial ruin is quite vile though.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:12:13 PM by daemon »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #20565 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »

Correct answer

Himu

« Reply #20566 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »

Nah.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real"

:rejoice

The other month when I got a blood test, I couldn't help but look at the needle as it drew blood. It felt good seeing that blood, knowing that I was in some sort of pain. :bow
IYKYK

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #20567 on: November 02, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Let's hope that tease was the only bad thing and there are no more recent stuff.

Shame about my unjust ban after being named a target and warned by a mod there I'm being watched.

« Reply #20568 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »

Nah.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain

The other month when I got a blood test, I couldn't help but look at the needle as it drew blood. It felt good seeing that blood, knowing that I was in some sort of pain. :bow

Johny Cash's cover of it is the best.

Dennis

« Reply #20569 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:59 PM »

Hi Himuro,

Thanks, Cindi.

:-*

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #20570 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »

Nah.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain

NIN doesn't even have the best Hurt cover.

agrajag

« Reply #20571 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »

Nah.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain

Don't get me wrong, it's a great song. And I hold the unpopular opinion that it's much better than the Johnny Cash cover. And of course I can't argue with your personal connection to that song.

But as a whole album, The Fragile blows it away and gives me way more feels. Subjective tho

agrajag

« Reply #20572 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »

Nah.

"I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain

NIN doesn't even have the best Hurt cover.

Johnny Cash didn't write Hurt, you cretin

spoiler (click to show/hide)
joke post right?
[close]

K

« Reply #20573 on: November 02, 2017, 12:59:29 PM »

See, this is what makes you different from GAF. Reaching out, finding common ground, staying your course.

You're off to a solid start.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20574 on: November 02, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
Cue juniors jumping on that post because they need something to be angry about.

Also lol at just how dead GAF is. Haven't checked it in days, don't really want to check it ever.
I checked the DBZ Super thread twice in the last three days, that's more than I have checked gaf sans links here in 2 - 3 years lol

Dennis

« Reply #20575 on: November 02, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
 :supergay

Averon

« Reply #20576 on: November 02, 2017, 01:01:33 PM »
Given these recent revelations about Besada, his delusion that he was doing 'work' on GAF as a mod, and wanted Tyler to share the ad revenue with him and other mods (or just a Christmas gift basket), is it safe to say Besada is nuts?   :lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #20577 on: November 02, 2017, 01:02:06 PM »
Real talk my main complaint is being on a list with etiolate. That's what's triggering me most.

You and etiolate, alone in a foxhole. Can love bloom on the forum wars battlefield?
serge

agrajag

« Reply #20578 on: November 02, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
Can you imagine the disappointment on besada's face when he reaches for his Christmas gift basket, and it's full of fruits

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #20579 on: November 02, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
Damn, can't even quote the guy?  ???
Fish<