Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4/XB1  (Read 3608 times)

zomgbbqftw

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4/XB1
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
How awesome is the combat? Super awesome.

Just started a second profile as a fighter -> assassin. Almost about to try and cheese the Gazer with throwblasts.

Anyone else playing?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4/XB1
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »
I played it on 360. If its your first time I hope you enjoy it, I thought the game is absolutely amazing
fat

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
I played it on 360. If its your first time I hope you enjoy it, I thought the game is absolutely amazing

My fourth dip.

Twice on PS3, once on PC and now on PS4. :lol

Khezu

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
I beat the original game on xbox.
Later doubled dipped on steam but only played a few hours of it.

I should come back to it at some point, it as a fantastic game.

TDLink

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
This game is so good. Played it for the first time on PC last year. Everyone loves Dark Souls but this game is so much more satisfying and there's nothing else out there quite like it.

Shame it seems we're not getting a sequel/Deep Down might have been that but is apparently canned.

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »
This game is so good. Played it for the first time on PC last year. Everyone loves Dark Souls but this game is so much more satisfying and there's nothing else out there quite like it.

Shame it seems we're not getting a sequel/Deep Down might have been that but is apparently canned.

Yeah man, really hoping that Capcom will invest in a sequel at some point. A late gen game for PS4/XB1 would be fine as it could be developed a on the cheap. I just want that combat system back and to be expanded. That plus co-op would be amaze.

Khezu

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 01:04:19 PM »
There is that weird online Dragons Dogma, but I doubt that's ever seeing a western release.

Pills Here

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »
Did they bother fixing the world's worst UI and inventory?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
Did they replace Dark Arisen's garbage theme for the superior original?
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 02:41:26 PM »
Does the PS4/XB1 version do anything that PC version didn't already do?
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »

Run at half the framerate.
ど助平

Tarahiro

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »
I still hate the new theme song but i'm glad to be playing the game again!

Before it released on current gen I said to myself 'this time I will make my arisen and pawn different from when I played on 360'... and they look exactly the same as they did first time around. I think I get a little overwhelmed with that character creator  :lol

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »
The character creator is pretty mediocre, though. It's so annoying to make a decent looking face.

And hopefully this will sell enough to make Capcom want to make an actual sequel. Speaking of which, they're yet to announce Itsuno's new game, right?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »

What'd you like about it? I started but lost interest from the J-menu jank.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
Everything
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 09:32:43 PM »
Everything

Actual LOL at that. Thanks for confirming that you are the Platinum Hits of mods.

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
Game feels like a real adventure. Running around at night is fucking awesome.

Vertigo

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 11:36:00 PM »
Played 2 hours on the 360 version but then thought they'd do a remaster at some point.

Year and a half later they finally do. Will pick this up around christmas time.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 12:18:45 AM »
Game feels like a real adventure. Running around at night is fucking awesome.

Running around can get really annoying in that game with the stamina bullshit and limited fast travel (mostly because I had no idea on how to properly manage ferry stones and port crystals on my first playthrough). But it really was awesome coming out of a dungeon to find out it's the middle of the night, hearing Heavenly Earth starting to play and having to fucking split or get mauled by skeletons.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
I preordered this but have no time to play it.

I have at least 7 games on my plate right now with Mario and Wolfenstein coming this friday.

:stahp

edit: and I can't stop replaying BotW.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:19:03 AM by Let's Cyber »

Svejk

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 07:27:43 AM »
One thing, although minor, you can set the D-pad as shortcuts for items.

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »

Comfy couch gaming.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »

Comfy couch gaming.

You dont have your PC HDMI'd to your TV in your living room?

You are doing it wrong sir.
What

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 07:17:04 AM »
The character creator is pretty mediocre, though. It's so annoying to make a decent looking face.

And hopefully this will sell enough to make Capcom want to make an actual sequel. Speaking of which, they're yet to announce Itsuno's new game, right?

The worry is that Capcom will make the game into a premium lootbox game. It would be easy to do.

Svejk

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »

Mediocre?  Have you tried the character creator on Fallout 4 or Mass Effect : Andromeda or Destiny 2? Or Dark Souls III?  This 5 year old game annihilates those 4 recent games around the board, when it comes to character customization! 
(Plus the PC has a few extra mods on top of that, like beautiful face.) 

However, when DD2 comes (#buh-lee), I hope they up the creator will be up to par with Black Dessert's creator. 

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 10:37:40 AM »
I actually haven't played any of those and reading that makes me glad I didn't. Also I played on PS3, I think there was some DLC that added more options to the creator but I never bothered.

But yeah hopefully they'll give it a budget when/if it happens.

J Tourettes

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 12:48:01 PM »
Will wait until they're giving it away rather than double dip. Really enjoyed it in the PS3.

Himu

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
I'll check it out. Always wanted to try.
IYKYK

howDidIGetHere?

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 06:47:29 PM »
I need to give this another shot. First time I tried it I didn't pay much attention and ran off on adventure and quickly got my ass handed to me. I was probably drunk though. Or high. Or both.

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »
Just best level 1 Daimon, now BBI becomes stupidly hard.  :D

Barraco Barner

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:07 PM »
Just got this on ps4 for $12 on GreenManGaming it's totally sweet  8)

Let's Cyber

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 10:19:17 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love how BBI changes after the "final" battle. Super Drakes and new enemy placements and shit.  So good
[close]

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love how BBI changes after the "final" battle. Super Drakes and new enemy placements and shit.  So good
[close]

Yeah, the first time I played on PS3 I didn't realise, then I went into the first arena and got butt fucked by a bunch of Grimgoblins. Head stamping galore. I had to level up a bit before I could go back (I beat Daimon level 1 at lvl 60 with my Sorcerer). The main game is just too easy compared to BBI though.

Fortus

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:49 PM »
GAHHH! I forgot that turning in the 20 wakestones to that chick in Everfall pretty much ends the game. Now I have to NG+ to grind for gear there. FML
pie

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 06:51:37 AM »
GAHHH! I forgot that turning in the 20 wakestones to that chick in Everfall pretty much ends the game. Now I have to NG+ to grind for gear there. FML

If you're grinding for gear in the Everfall then you're doing it wrong, go to BBI, the good Weapon lvl 1 cursed items are better than anything you can get in the Everfall, and there's at least one available before you get the first boss.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2017, 10:44:52 AM »
Yeah, just go to BBI. No reason to burn through the main story again.

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 11:22:43 AM »
Hope you kept a bunch of Wakestones.

But you can go through the main quest real fast if you just skip everything optional.

Fortus

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »
Funnily enough I bought the release because I hadn't played BBI yet and I've spent little time there. It didn't help that when I did visit the island at around level 25 Death showed up while I was fighting the gobs and wolves near the entrance... Not to say that wasn't unlucky but I felt it would be prudent to add some levels and gear before I returned and then I got sucked into the old world revisiting all the quests etc
pie

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 05:52:06 AM »
Funnily enough I bought the release because I hadn't played BBI yet and I've spent little time there. It didn't help that when I did visit the island at around level 25 Death showed up while I was fighting the gobs and wolves near the entrance... Not to say that wasn't unlucky but I felt it would be prudent to add some levels and gear before I returned and then I got sucked into the old world revisiting all the quests etc

Death always shows up the first time you enter certain areas. In the Garden of Ignominy he will show up once then won't come back unless you use a certain item or you kill the right combination of monsters after you've killed Daimon lvl 1.

You can go to BBI immediately tbh, I went at level 4 this time. Just be prepared to run, dodge and pick your battles.

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
I think the only place Death shows for sure is that first room the first time you get there. There are a few rooms he's more likely to show up though.

Either way you're not supposed to fight Death until way later. Just run

Fortus

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
Really enjoyed doing BBI but getting so many duplicate armors from purifying the Daimon 2.0 chest rewards is discouraging. I now have 4 Grave Veils and 4 Boots of Shadow. Duplicate enchantments on them as well. Not sure I'll bother getting the Savior's Ring from the quest if this keeps up
pie

Let's Cyber

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 03:28:57 AM »
I don't remember the exact mechanic, but it is possible to get stuck in a loop of the same armor over and over during purifying.  Basically it's predetermined what you'll get before it's purified based upon your class and a few other things. I also remember never getting any headgear or chest pieces until I cleared more side missions.

Have you cleared some of side quests from the mission boards in the sanctuaries within BBI?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:33:01 AM by Let's Cyber »

Fortus

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 11:15:06 AM »
Yeah I'm fairly OCD about quests. I've cleared the board by Orla and done quite a lot off the other two. I should probably kill Death and see if that changes anything. I've been avoiding it since my pawns always seem to eat his scythe early in the fight and get banished. I guess I'll just stock up on half a dozen Armors then purify them all at once to see what happens.
pie

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
Purification is a set list. You need you and your main pawn to be on the same vocation and gifting unpurified items doesn't skip items from your list. I've never had 4 of the same item/enchantment come from 4 BBA3, I think that's really bad luck if you're doing everything correctly.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »
There are more variables than that. Like I said, I was stuck in a similar loop. I would rush through to kill daimon, purify my items and they'd always be the same 2 pieces. 20+ daimon kills. I could change the class type by changing my vocation but never get chest pieces.

It wasn't until I went back in the dungeon and cleared more of BBI and finished some of the sidequest boards that I got more of the gear pool open up to me. I wouldn't be surprised if clearing certain elements of the dungeon (like killing Death) and completing board quests is connected to getting access to the entire set of gear during purification.

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
No, that's not how it works. Every time you start a new game it has a purification list and the game literally works its way down the list each time you purify an item. From what I understand did you kill the Daimon 20 times in a row (20 different Daimon encounters) or 20 times, got the cursed items, didn't like them, reset the to the previous checkpoint and killed Daimon again (the same enounter 20 times). If it is the latter, that is why you're stuck in the purification loop. If it is Daimon level 1, the chests are the same and his drops are fixed to the same. You can get BBW3 from a chest in the fallen city and in the Bloodless Stockade. You can get two BBA3 from the Midnight Helix and two from the Fallen City. It's easier to reset the chests and farm those than killing Daimon 2 or Death.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 09:28:05 AM »
Naw, 20 new, separate encounters. No reloads, 2nd level Daimon.

I understand how it works and you are correct about it being predetermined.

I'm also saying it is possible to get stuck in a loop. I don't know if it is a bug, I don't know what got me out of it. It happened to me in the PC version fwiw.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:52 AM »
I lost my 100hr savegame when migrating 360 HDDs after paying $10 for the collectibles DLC and getting all 100 of those fucking medals.

Dragon's Dogma is amazing and will play again

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2020, 06:57:11 AM »
Just in case anyone going for a replay

What

Svejk

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2020, 10:01:52 AM »
Everybody should play this game... over and over again... triple dip, quad dip... let it get into your soul... like a DANGAAAAAAAAN!! 
           :bolo                     :gamer           :money               :cody                     :jeb

WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE