Author Topic: Xbox One X "Feel True Power" World Premiere TV Commercial  (Read 8373 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: Xbox One X "Feel True Power" World Premiere TV Commercial
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »
2021 is going to be off the fucking chain

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2017, 04:23:24 AM »
Imagine how many exclusives they could have dev'd if they hadn't blown $2.5B on Mojang.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 04:45:58 AM »
Last year the Xbox had arguably better retail exclusives than the PS4, what good did that do it?

Lol what

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 08:57:11 AM »
I've got a 4 day weekend and a back log that I've been saving up for my X1X :hyper

Rahxephon91

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
Last year the Xbox had arguably better retail exclusives than the PS4, what good did that do it?

Lol what
Im trying to think what MS exclusives came out last year as well.

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Does the Xbone even have any worthwhile exclusives, like, at all? Cuphead is great and Crackdown looks good but they're on PC too. Also Ori, Sea of Thieves, etc.

There's Halo, Forza, anything else?

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
Oh and I guess Sunset Overdrive

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
i believe that is all 3 of them, yes

lol
pcp

Raist

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »
Forza's on PC.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »
Don't forget Super Lucky's Tale you guys, with that hot 64% on metacritic. That's 25% of this year's exclusives lol.

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:30 PM »
But Super Lucky Tale's also on PC

Seems they got nothing

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »
be a console warrior in your thirties, brehs
sup

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »
Easy to say now but not in the year lead-up the Xbox division has had up until the launch of this thing. Lot of people there were hoping this would turn the tide. Especially after the dismal sales of the PS Pro.

Mmmm, no. It was easy to say then as well. The whole "people will jump on a chance to upgrade their consoles a la PC!" was tried by Valve and nobody bit (because Valve totally fucked it up, IMO). Which was a sure sign that nobody was gonna jump on upgrading their PS4->Pro or X-box->4K unless their launch/cheaper console broke.

It doesn't matter about the exclusives. Nobody besides Videowhores gives a shit about 4K. See the Steam User chart of the resolutions, a lot of the majority of the Steam userbase is using 1080i because it's the "cheapest" HD monitors around now a days and most couldn't care. Could their hardware do 4K? Maybe/maybe not, depending on the year their built/specs, but a lot of folks simply don't care about 4K.

Your armchair analysis with no substantial research or data doesn't reflect the realities of planning an entertainment division for the next 10 years. Millions of dollars are poured into researching the market and forecasting what the consumers are trending towards. Two years ago it was working closely together with development partners to eventually put together that incremental hardware upgrades would be the most cost-effective solution to continue the life of a singular marketplace instead of completely up-ending a sustainable economy every 4 to 6 years. In addition the video game industry doesn't exist in a bubble; most modern day consumer electronic markets have championed the micro-upgrade model to amazing success and Sony/MS want to emulate that. To maximize revenue you put your consumers in a managed continual upgrade cycle that doesn't nullify their software portfolio. At the time it made sense and having two multi-national corporations invest hundreds of millions of dollars into that plan confirms that.

After the PS Pro fizzling out and the Xbox One X seemingly not doing much sales-wise that's clearly not the case. We couldn't have known that beforehand.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:56:15 PM by a slime appears »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
try seventies :bolo

:miyamoto

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »

I have two XBones. If a product lets me down I'm gonna say so.

I like having 4K blu ray at least

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »
After the PS Pro fizzling out and the Xbox One X seemingly not doing much sales-wise that's clearly not the case. We couldn't have know that beforehand however.
So, what now? A more substantial refresh in a couple years?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »
I like the PS4 Pro and the XB1X, but I weaseled up a bunch of trade credit towards them both so I didn't lay out much actual cash for either. I couldn't have built a PC with the XB1X specs at the price point. Neither of them are going to take off until they lower the price, kill off the OG PS4 and XB1, and 4K TVs become more prevalent within the next couple of years. 4K TVs above 40 inches will become the standard, the media drives the market and nearly all media has shifted towards being shot/released in 4K, even shows that aren't aired on standard television in 4K are releasing in the format. This isn't a gimmick like 3D, it's a resolution shift with a clear visible impact on larger screens. And a lot of 4K TVs are already hitting mass market price points (check the black Friday sales, some 40+ inch 4KTVs are coming down pretty close to the $200 mark).
sup

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2017, 12:04:06 AM »
Honestly, fuck up jacking over Sony. Xbox has console exclusives, more than 3 and less than Sony. It should really depend on what gives you the most enjoyment, if you enjoy playstation games more, great. Dont really need to hear every day that you specifically enjoy playstation more than xbox. Do what you enjoy without being a cunt basically.

and as I got lol'd at prior to this, seems like my prediction is coming true.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/07/microsoft-will-create-game-studios-to-ensure-more-xbox-one-exclu/

altho, fucking scrapping scalebound is a travesty.

Raist

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2017, 12:43:50 AM »
I mean. Spencer has been saying "we're investing in first party, brehs" for like 3 years at this point.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »
Honestly, fuck up jacking over Sony. Xbox has console exclusives, more than 3 and less than Sony. It should really depend on what gives you the most enjoyment, if you enjoy playstation games more, great. Dont really need to hear every day that you specifically enjoy playstation more than xbox. Do what you enjoy without being a cunt basically.

and as I got lol'd at prior to this, seems like my prediction is coming true.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/07/microsoft-will-create-game-studios-to-ensure-more-xbox-one-exclu/

altho, fucking scrapping scalebound is a travesty.

Halo Wars 2
Forza 7

Cuphead
Super Lucky's Tale

That's 4, and that's it for 2017. Niche, lootbox hell, amazing, shit.  I'm sure there are some no name indie digital "exclusives" too but Sony has a ton of those too.

And don't get me wrong, I like niche games. I bought HW2. But niche games keep your user base happy as part of a full lineup. It can't be your tentpole for half the year.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2017, 08:28:35 AM »
I said console exclusive btw, its obviously very intentional MS are trying to set up a PC gaming infrastructure with windows. But irregardless its silly to exclude console exclusives just because its on PC also, there is obviously a divide in markets.

edit: or are you only listing games you enjoy?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
I named the 2 retail discs MS released this year and the 2 indie games they promoted. I'm cool with their PC strategy. I only liked two of those games. Can you name another or not? Temporary exclusive PUBG?

On PS4 I bought nier dqh2 horizon crash wipeout ff12 everybody's Golf. I skipped nioh persona uncharted and gran turismo. I bet I'm missing some too, maybe a tales game? These are some of the highest reviews of the year and cover a broad spectrum of tastes.

On digital it's hard to remember what's exclusive but I got windjammers FF9 and Nidhogg 2 at least. I'm sure there are more low-impact digital exclusives just like on XBone. I bet there aren't so many on XBone though if MS felt the need to promote turds like Lucky.

There is a massive gap in major retail releases this year dude. It's a problem. I barely touched my Xbox this year until cuphead came out. Just comparing this year of MS against other years of MS is a bad look. My 360 and for a time, my XBone was poppin.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:43:48 AM by AdmiralViscen »

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »
I named the 2 retail discs MS released this year and the 2 indie games they promoted. I'm cool with their PC strategy. I only liked two of those games. Can you name another or not? Temporary exclusive PUBG?

On PS4 I bought nier dqh2 horizon crash wipeout ff12 everybody's Golf. I skipped nioh persona uncharted and gran turismo. I bet I'm missing some too, maybe a tales game? These are some of the highest reviews of the year and cover a broad spectrum of tastes.

On digital it's hard to remember what's exclusive but I got windjammers FF9 and Nidhogg 2 at least. I'm sure there are more low-impact digital exclusives just like on XBone. I bet there aren't so many on XBone though if MS felt the need to promote turds like Lucky.

There is a massive gap in major retail releases this year dude. It's a problem. I barely touched my Xbox this year until cuphead came out. Just comparing this year of MS against other years of MS is a bad look. My 360 and for a time, my XBone was poppin.

Sorry i didnt realise you were only talking about this year, I was talking about overall libraries.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:40 AM »
They've been trailing off for a while. Phil Spencer gets nonstop fan BJs but near as I can tell he's done nothing but close studios, cancel projects, and get old projects gasping to the finish line. I was ready to buy an XBone X a year ago but his roadmap of "maybe start fixing this with buyouts in 2018 and releases in 2021" is not inspiring my confidence in this platform.

Then you've got insomniac who say they'd start on a new sunset overdrive tomorrow if anyone wanted to fund it. Where's my main man gamer Phil with that infinite MS pocketbook? Too busy almost putting Platinum out of business with a similar partnership to get me a sequel to one of the best games of the gen.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
Sony's in house exclusives have been stinky dick this generation. No mans sky, the order, knack, killzone, drive club. Gran turismo has finally come out and Forza still kills that. Lets not forget a bunch of vr shit.

Youve got naughty dog, david cage lol, god of war, horizon, and that one horror game that came out a few years ago. Thats the best of the best. :lol

Ps4 beats xbone when it comes to japanese support for smaller franchises.

Also, look at how many in house studios Sony has axed over the years. Its unbelievable Sony still gets its ass licked for doing the bare minimum  :lol
OH!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Then you've got insomniac who say they'd start on a new sunset overdrive tomorrow if anyone wanted to fund it. Where's my main man gamer Phil with that infinite MS pocketbook? Too busy almost putting Platinum out of business with a similar partnership to get me a sequel to one of the best games of the gen.

Nobody would buy it, which is why he/MS won't bankroll it. The fact that Insomanic says "we're having trouble getting funding for it!" is telling. I seriously don't know anyone besides you and Wrath that would want a sequel. Hell, I'd maybe play it if MS allowed them to port it to Steam/PC, but... :doge

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
there are two Xbones in the house, and whilst i still need to go back and finish GoW4 - that's about it - there's just no desire to switch either on. Maybe there going to get some hot killer stuff in next few years which i guess is Halo, Forza, GoW, Halo, Forza, GoW, Halo, Forza, GoW, Halo, Forzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

I have no desire for an Xbox One X and the PS4 is the dominant platform, PC picking up Cuphead and stuff like that, and , to my shock/horror, the Switch being pretty good.

I have long since vacated my XFE crown, so someone else can claim it.
O=X

Raist

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2017, 04:42:15 PM »
Sony's in house exclusives have been stinky dick this generation. No mans sky, the order, knack, killzone, drive club. Gran turismo has finally come out and Forza still kills that. Lets not forget a bunch of vr shit.

Youve got naughty dog, david cage lol, god of war, horizon, and that one horror game that came out a few years ago. Thats the best of the best. :lol

Ps4 beats xbone when it comes to japanese support for smaller franchises.

Also, look at how many in house studios Sony has axed over the years. Its unbelievable Sony still gets its ass licked for doing the bare minimum  :lol

:umad

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »
Only one way to settle this...

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »
:piss LIST WARS :piss2

:goty2

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

Quote from: PS4
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Bloodborne
Everybody's Golf
Gravity Rush 1/2
Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Gran Turismo Sport
Horizon: Zero Dawn
ONRUSH
MLB: The Show
Dragon Quest XI/Builders 1/2
Persona 5
Shadow of the Colossus
Spider-Man
The Last of Us Remastered/Part II
Yakuza 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2/6
KNACK 1/2 BAYBEE
Nioh
NieR
Shenmue III
Ratchet & Clank
David Cage
InFAMOUS
The Order
Driveclub
Street Fighter V
Until Dawn

:rash

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

Quote from: Xbone
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 1/2
Ori
PUBG
Dead Rising 3
Halo: MCC/5/Wars 2
Forza 5/6/7/Horizon 2/3
Gears of War: UE/4
Quantum Break
Rare Replay
ReCore
Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Ryse
Titanfall

+ BC

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
No Yakuza, no buy

Tasty

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:46 PM »

Still have a few years, whew.

Tasty

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2017, 10:32:08 PM »
to my shock/horror, the Switch being pretty good.

:rejoice

Raist

Sho Nuff

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2017, 06:24:47 PM »
The Blu-Ray player on the S is a piece of shit. It fucking drops frames on 24fps content!

benjipwns

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2017, 06:34:18 PM »
The Blu-Ray player on the S is a piece of shit. It fucking drops frames on 24fps content!
that's so it's more cinematic

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
Dat True 4k Xperience tho :lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/11/12/the-xbox-one-x-4k-blu-ray-player-is-a-disaster/#1c18b7742bde

Patch incoming, apparently.

This is extra crazy since it was identified in the preview, then still existed in the final release on the S, then was identified and patched on the S, then that patch wasn't included for the X. What the fuck MS you are a software company

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
DP'd like a Spacey victim

Sho Nuff

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
Dat True 4k Xperience tho :lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2017/11/12/the-xbox-one-x-4k-blu-ray-player-is-a-disaster/#1c18b7742bde

Patch incoming, apparently.

This is extra crazy since it was identified in the preview, then still existed in the final release on the S, then was identified and patched on the S, then that patch wasn't included for the X. What the fuck MS you are a software company

Take the Sho Nuff challenge and try to play an audio CD on the Xbox One. Holy shit the number of steps required to do is insanity

benjipwns

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2017, 08:58:30 PM »
Microsoft can't support everything you find during one of your archaeological digs into ancient vaults. It probably won't run your Kinescopes of Sid Caesar specials either.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2017, 10:27:31 PM »
sony was so cheap they didn't even put cd functionality in the ps4
pcp

Raist

« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »
CDs, lolz

Sho Nuff

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2017, 03:21:43 PM »
CDs, lolz

After 20mg of THC edibles, compressed audio becomes unlistenable. I need to do less drugs

benjipwns

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2017, 03:40:47 PM »
compressed audio becomes unlistenable
Then what are you doing with CDs :snob

Vertigo

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »
This goddamn thread.  :lol

Anyway I've been enjoying my new Xbox. It really makes a difference for the games, even on my soon to be replaced 1080p TV. Although I got to try it out on a friends B6 OLED over the weekend and that was amazing.

Happy that jaggies seem to have been mostly excised. Mostly been playing Wolfenstein 2 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands and not having garbage tier textures has been great. Titanfall 2 looks great as well and Madden and playing Battlefront 2 in the cinema suite in my apartment building was  :o . Even stuff like the Sims 4 looks pretty damm good on here.

Also have to say MS has done an amazing job with whatever magic they're doing with their BC stuff. Seems Sony kicking their ass this gen has refocused MS.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Yeah i am really happy with my purchase.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2017, 02:39:15 AM »
So let me tell you how I got my Project Scorpion Edition for about $150.

So when I'm not doing plumbing I work at Target and have so for about three years. I work in electronics(surprise).

So I had already planned to buy my X and decided to get at work. My local Gamestop had said they would look out for me, and even called to tell me that they had one for me. Nice guys, but that 10% was too nice to pass up on. So I traded in my Xbox One S to target and two games I would replace with the X copies equaling about $175. So I was there on launch day and with discounts and giftcards, I payed about $250 out of pocket. Not bad.

Three days later we received 3 Scorpio Editions as Returns. Cool. Don't really care about it, but I guess they opened one to check if the serial numbers were correct. Interesting, so technically we're supposed to print repack stickers for open electronics. Which then usually drops the price. Yet, they did'nt because honestly the units were not touched. So I ask guest service to print one, just one for the most obviously opened one. Drops the price to $350. AMAZING. I take it back to electronics. Ask my co-worker and Head people if what I'm doing is ok. They kind of say it is because the system dosen't appear to be super hot, but it's gotta be on the floor for 15 mins at least before a team member can buy it. Thats fine, I put it in the glass case, but because the case is small the boxes have to be face down. So no one will see the lowered price unless they ask. No one asks and 15mins later I take it back out and ask my coworker to go hold it as I head home to get mine to return.

Im a nerd so I held unto the box, but I threw out the inside packaging. Yet, I also threw out some pop so all the the stuff needs to be cleaned up. So here I am cleaning Styrofoam. Whatever, I get it together, take it back, return it, and buy the $350 Xbox which with all my stuff makes it about $120 out of pocket. 

Titanfall 2 looks amazing in 4k. Wolfenstien 2 was great, but I'm not sure if it was better than what I saw on the pro. In the end I'm seeing a lot of great image quality, which is kind of what I wanted.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:45:27 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Vertigo

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
It's a very solid machine and being a XB1 owner until I got my Pro last year the image quality jump is amazing.

I'm just happy I'll have my Pro for the Sony exclusives I want to pick up and can continue to buy all my multiplats on my Xbox but now they won't have crappy res.

benjipwns

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »

kingv

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2018, 01:26:42 PM »
I ordered one of these from eBay for 459.99 and a $50 Xbox gift card:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122935517746

Auction is still open above.

The deal actually works out even better because I wasn’t charged sales tax, so that like another 8% discount over buying it retail.

Pretty stoked... even though I also now need a 4K monitor and a 2 monitor stand to be fully set up.

kingv

« Reply #110 on: February 02, 2018, 02:00:27 AM »
Hooked up the 1X tonight, but my 4K monitor is not yet here.

It is surprisingly heavy.

Also, if anybody is trying to tell you something like “it’s even worth it at 1080p because much better image quality, whatever”... don’t believe them. It might look minutely better, but not to where I would be able to tell outside of side to side.

kingv

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2018, 08:19:42 PM »
I got the 4K screen hooked up tonight with the 1X.... and where, that image quality is cleaaaan.

Destiny 2 looks great!...

That said, if your not a resolution whore I’m not sure if it is worth it, I’m actually not even sure it is worth it for me. It definitely looks better, and if you stand next to another guardian in destiny, the intricate details on the armor look fucking fantastic. But I’m not sure i would notice it if I didn’t sit at a computer desk.

kingv

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2018, 10:30:26 PM »
About a month after buying it my x1x stopped working and I have to send it in for repair. I’m transplanted back to the red ring days.

Raist

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2018, 03:01:40 AM »
It just couldn't cope with its own True Power.

kingv

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
It must be the blast processing.