Author Topic: So whatever happened to ... A thread of internet ships passing in the night  (Read 10435 times)

Yeah, we still share a few laughs about him. His brother Warnen has been calling Resetara "Opa Age 2.0" over on NeoGAF for some reason.

I actually live very close to M0rphix and saw him in the flesh behind his dog food stand. Didn't really feel like saying hello, though. He recognized me and posted about it a few hours later.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Drohne was on OA. I liked him

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Any word on warcock?
🍆🍆

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Any word on warcock?

I loved him. He used to arbitrarily hit me up on steam until I stopped using it regularly like 2 years-ish ago.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
Any word on warcock?

finished pharmacy school, living the dream

I've been on OA for at least 13-14 years, and some of these names are even too obscure/old for me.

I will say that Lethargic Gamer resurfaced on another forum (Hipinion) for many years, so I am somewhat aware of how his life ended up.

Trurl

Drohne was on OA. I liked him
He's a smart dude.  As a wordsmith he was up there with Drinky Crow.

The only specific post that I remember him making was a response to a thread asking for book recommendations.  He typed a post about Madame Bovary and then deleted almost instantly because he didn't want to tell people what to read.  He also seemed to hide the fact that he played games when in polite society and mentioned driving around with Che from EGM.

He also hated Nintendo.  The bastard

John Dunbar

is it true that demi is really handsome? i have a vague recollection that he is so good looking that once many years ago some poster even complained about how terrible it is that a poster like him would still get compliments for his looks.

asking for a friend

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Let me put it this way. Have you ever seen a cripple who isn't handsome?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
just looking at me is considered sexual assault
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I remember the name drohne, but can't remember anything about them. Were they on OA? Kara doesn't ring any bells...

He was a big shmup/Japanese action game fan IIRC, wonder whatever happened to him?
^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Wasn't there a guy called SiameseDreamer or something like that? I remember he and I had a hatebromance type thing going on for a while.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I still miss Muckhole.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I talk to him on gmail, he lives in the middle of bumblefuck so internet is difficult for him to use
fat

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
No one will ever wonder where I went, because I never stopped living on the internet.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
What about Kara? Maybe all the tax prep studying was finally too much.
He actually popped in during the GAF implosion to make a comment. Even if he didn't notice me mentioning him. :fbm

And I even have this tag that works as a sly reference to him.

Himu

Drohne was an old school gamer with old school sensibilities that would sometimes troll with me regarding the nature of rail shooters vs light gun shooters and the fact that people consider light gun shooters rail shooters a modern travesty created by Nintendo fans not playing real games. He will always be missed.

He fell off forums around 2009 or so.

I don't remember him being active at OA but then again I mostly stayed clear of that site, but he was big at Gaf and bere to a smaller extent.
IYKYK

Himu

No one will ever wonder where I went, because I never stopped living on the internet.

I have a serious question: who are you. One day I see someone I've never seen before called Butt. Then you get a name change to Valk. Now you say you've been here a year (!) and you're a senior member and I still don't know who you are.
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
butt is a better name, exactly the kind of low effort attempt that would make for a good bore candidate. barely mustering the interest to fill in the first line of sign up form.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:38:35 AM by headwalk »

What happened to Triumph? That fella hated me. I sometimes Google my old username (this one, actually) and look at posts I made way back when, cringe, and then laugh at the things people said to me. I was such an annoying little asshole. That guy kind of sucked, though, honestly.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
He's still here - Human Snornado

He's still a dickhead, but they're just empty words now
fat

Just so you guys know. I'm 31, married, and have a kid. Thought I'd let you know that. Make you a little depressed--maybe? I was but a fresh-faced kid when I first met some of you. I remember being the youngest person on the forums at one point.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
That's pretty cool man, glad things working out well for you.
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
What happened to Triumph? That fella hated me. I sometimes Google my old username (this one, actually) and look at posts I made way back when, cringe, and then laugh at the things people said to me. I was such an annoying little asshole. That guy kind of sucked, though, honestly.

I liked this post because I know what it’s like to look back and see how much of an annoying asshole I was, I like Triumph tho

Trurl

I like Triumph, too.  He's one of those assholes that I suspect actually has a heart of gold.  A description that could be used for the icons (and Phoenix Dark) here

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Just so you guys know. I'm 31, married, and have a kid. Thought I'd let you know that. Make you a little depressed--maybe?

Breh, you're still on that new parent high. Get back to me in about 7-12 years when the bars of that gilded cage start closing in.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian

I have a serious question: who are you. One day I see someone I've never seen before called Butt. Then you get a name change to Valk. Now you say you've been here a year (!) and you're a senior member and I still don't know who you are.
I'm a nobody who just wanted a smaller place to hang out at. I'm not some kind of old school Gaffer that you once knew if that's what you're asking. You don't know me because you don't actually know me, I was on Gaf too but my account was relatively new and I didn't post that much. I think I talked to you once in GirlGaf the one week I bothered to hang out there after someone invited me. Idk what else to tell you. No one here but 2-3 people knows me by my main online alias either so that doesn't really matter since they didn't know me before I came here (aside from Momo).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I think you've been fine, Valkyrie. Not sure what Himu's post intended. Not everyone here is going to be some "legend" or old GAF poster.
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Valkyrie is, like, probably the best new poster we've gotten in the past year. I know, I know, damning with faint praise...
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, I was thinking it was pretty off to be all “who are you” when she’s been actively participating in discussion for over a year :lol

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
best memester, for sure
duc

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Valkyrie is, like, probably the best new poster we've gotten in the past year. I know, I know, damning with faint praise...
I totally agree...wait...how long ago was Creepy Stalker again?

Back to it, whatever happened to Madcowtipper? Didn't he change his name to Harry Potter or am I thinking two different dudes?
que

TVC15

Just so you guys know. I'm 31, married, and have a kid. Thought I'd let you know that. Make you a little depressed--maybe? I was but a fresh-faced kid when I first met some of you. I remember being the youngest person on the forums at one point.

Wow dude u sold out.

Okay, I’ll ask. He was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread, but what’s the latest on St. Corny?
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
i thought i was the best new poster  :-\

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship

Okay, I’ll ask. He was briefly mentioned earlier in the thread, but what’s the latest on St. Corny?

Someone from OA (Second?) posted this a few months ago:

Wow dude u sold out.

He was exiled from OA and his best bud started him his own forum. It's called Corn Rages.

Himu

I'm a nobody who just wanted a smaller place to hang out at. I'm not some kind of old school Gaffer that you once knew if that's what you're asking. You don't know me because you don't actually know me, I was on Gaf too but my account was relatively new and I didn't post that much. I think I talked to you once in GirlGaf the one week I bothered to hang out there after someone invited me. Idk what else to tell you. No one here but 2-3 people knows me by my main online alias either so that doesn't really matter since they didn't know me before I came here (aside from Momo).

Oh no, I was just asking if I recognized you from anywhere is all. Sorry if my question was rude.

Tell me your old nick anyways.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Wow dude u sold out.

He was exiled from OA and his best bud started him his own forum. It's called Corn Rages.

Total missed opportunity not to call it The Corn Hole.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
He's still here - Human Snornado

He's still a dickhead, but they're just empty words now

Lies.

They were always empty words.
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: So whatever happened to ... A thread of internet ships passing in the night
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2017, 02:16:55 AM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
Only 1 kid?

:esports
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
is it true that demi is really handsome?

Yeah for sure, anyone remember the Gaffer Sporsk?  Demi’s a taller better looking version of that guy, without the weaboo fetish.
hey

kingv

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
I’m a shorter fatter besada.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2018, 11:45:10 PM »
I’m a shorter fatter besada.
Go away Thorin, this mountain is mine  :doge

TVC15

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2018, 07:56:48 AM »
is it true that demi is really handsome?

Yeah for sure, anyone remember the Gaffer Sporsk?  Demi’s a taller better looking version of that guy, without the weaboo fetish.

Demi’s juggalo ass looks like the meth addict he is. Very fine. Check for open sores first though.
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:57 AM »
fat

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
drohne used to post on GA and I think OA but wasn't exactly a shitposter with a history. Karakand I think is the same, but he gave me some free games so he's ok.

Do you guys still talk about morphix? Last I seen he was running some dog food store.

yeah drohne was an OA regular for a brief period around 2000 or so IIRC, username was electricsomethingorother.
QED

Stocky

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2019, 10:00:18 PM »
I'm still alive. Thanks for asking.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2019, 10:09:32 PM »
whatever happened to that queer, stocky  ???

bluemax

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2019, 01:50:00 AM »
How many babies did Jarosh and whatshername end up having.
NO

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »
I heard they split up a while ago. But I heard that here so idk.
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:54 AM »
How many babies did Jarosh and whatshername end up having.

None, Cloud was never interested in having kids when I talked to her - she's living the life in Korea right now, IDK if she's still with Jarosh or not. I'm pretty sure she still is though
fat

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »
did draft go to ree?

used to like his posts.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2019, 01:10:08 PM »
I believe they separated amicably, last I talked to cloud on instagram