Author Topic: PUBG Xbone 12/12  (Read 2790 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

hungrynoob

• boo
Re: PUBG Xbone 12/12
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
I will also buy. I'll be shit at first but will git gud, willing to play some games with people on here if they buy also.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 06:11:52 PM »
I’ve heard good thingssssss

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 02:11:34 AM »
…why not just put this in the existing PUBG thread?

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:27:11 AM »
Was a really good catch by Microsoft. Think it will do very good.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:06 AM »
I forgot there was one lol

I'm sure there are other non pc people also ignoring that thread

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »
So the Xbone's biggest weakness is its lack of diversity in its library, and MS responds to that by... getting exclusive rights to another shooter?
^_^

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »
I'm assuming you mean diversity in exclusives? Because there is plenty to play on xbox.

In terms of lack of exclusivity, a lot of that came down to MS board of directors wanting to completely shut down the xbox brand during the launch onwards of the xbox one. During that time MS appointed a new CEO and that boy in charge of the xbox brand "well if you dont want x1 theres always 360" douchebag was fired. Enter Phil Spencer, who managed to sit down with the CEO and convince him the xbox brand was worth keeping. However just because he managed to convince the ceo to keep xbox, it doesnt mean the ceo gave him more money. Phil has been on a journey not only to turn the xbox brand around from the shit it was in, but to also convince the board just how important and profitable the xbox brand could be with some tlc. I think this has been reflected in Phil being promoted to the board itself this year.

So while just recently the board have changed their tune, we sit in hope that this will also reflect their operating budget to provide a wider range of exclusive titles. However, the actual overall library is diverse as fuck, and PUBG is a solid pickup. Pubg is insanely popular, is a shooter with a newer format, and is a safe bet for MS expanding further. soiduno

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »
So the Xbone's biggest weakness is its lack of diversity in its library, and MS responds to that by... getting exclusive rights to another shooter?

I think with this pick up they were less concerned with diversity and more concerned with getting console exclusivity on the biggest game in the last 5-10 years.
zzzzz

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
This game is honestly probably gonna run better and more consistently on console.

:dead

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
From what i hear MS have been heavily invested in the port and offering talent and resource behind it that the og dev team never had before.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 11:17:14 AM »
wonder how many gripes there are daily from people working on MS' end about the typewriter monkey code bloat they're having to pick through.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »
I'm assuming you mean diversity in exclusives? Because there is plenty to play on xbox.

In terms of lack of exclusivity, a lot of that came down to MS board of directors wanting to completely shut down the xbox brand during the launch onwards of the xbox one. During that time MS appointed a new CEO and that boy in charge of the xbox brand "well if you dont want x1 theres always 360" douchebag was fired. Enter Phil Spencer, who managed to sit down with the CEO and convince him the xbox brand was worth keeping. However just because he managed to convince the ceo to keep xbox, it doesnt mean the ceo gave him more money. Phil has been on a journey not only to turn the xbox brand around from the shit it was in, but to also convince the board just how important and profitable the xbox brand could be with some tlc. I think this has been reflected in Phil being promoted to the board itself this year.

So while just recently the board have changed their tune, we sit in hope that this will also reflect their operating budget to provide a wider range of exclusive titles. However, the actual overall library is diverse as fuck, and PUBG is a solid pickup. Pubg is insanely popular, is a shooter with a newer format, and is a safe bet for MS expanding further. soiduno

Lol

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 11:36:17 AM »
Is it actually an exclusive? Or just a timed exclusive. PUBG is a hot pickup in the popularity of battle royale games. Fortnite alone is popular on both platforms.
fat

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
It's not really clear, but it seems timed.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »
Probably just a timed exclusive. I don't believe Sony has an early access program so that's probably why MS gets it first.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
Nothing is confirmed, a quick google search says it went from highly unlikely in August to almost certain in october. But the article that says almost certain just says chang reached out to sony aswell initially to reach a broader audience but also says talks are still happening. Nothing confirmed from what I can see. If it does happen, it wont be soon. 1 year minimum i would guess.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
the way i can make sense of it is that bluehole clearly need help, they have a megalith of a franchise and don't have the means nor knowledge to make the most of it. bringing a publisher on board would give them the means but has boatloads of downsides aswell. a deal where microsoft lends them resources in exchange for short term exclusivity works out best for both parties

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »
This game is honestly probably gonna run better and more consistently on console.

:dead
From what i hear MS have been heavily invested in the port and offering talent and resource behind it that the og dev team never had before.
Probably just a timed exclusive. I don't believe Sony has an early access program so that's probably why MS gets it first.

Unless the team are complete idiots, it's a timed exclusive.

100% chance this is a moneyhatted exclusive, the question is how MS is billing their own involvement in the project against their own investment. MS "assistance" is insanely expensive, even for projects they're supposedly giddy about.

Sony's free PUBG implementation in Fortnite, a planned retail title which is still in beta, seems to be close enough to "early access" to call a duck a duck.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2018, 11:46:57 PM »