Author Topic: Unironically listening to Japanese 80's Music, thanks to YouTube recommendations  (Read 2667 times)

Aeptia

Has anyone else been recommended random 80's Japanese songs whilst on YouTube? I always get a few randomly, which I don't understand. I'm not complaining though, because the songs are easy listening 👌🏿

For instance, this song was recommended to me after I was *unironically* listening to Never Gonna Give You Up.

Never heard of Maria Takeuchi and this sounds good. Here's a few more recommended tracks I got from the video above.

Almost thought this song was a cover of the previous song based on the intro, but I was wrong. Another gem that I got recommended based on this video is below.

I've heard of Taeko Ohnuki because she's appeared in my recommendations before. I just haven't clicked it until today. Then I was recommended yet another gem.

Just like Taeko, Tomoko Aran has also been recommended to me before. I'm in Love  :-* :-* :-* :-* :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat

Recommendations seems to have a feminine bias :doge Human manipulation perhaps? Or maybe it's just me?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
70% of that I post is 80s and 90s japanese funk in the form of Future Funk and the samples used in them. I had that MIki Matsubara album cover as my avatar for 2 years lmao.

If you know Minako Yoshida - Shooting Star Of Love ( :lawd ) try this

Aeptia

70% of that I post is 80s and 90s japanese funk in the form of Future Funk and the samples used in them. I had that MIki Matsubara album cover as my avatar for 2 years lmao.

A E S T H E T I C  :rejoice

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Plastic Love is such a great song... not too knowledgeable about this stuff but I dig what I've heard.
^_^

Mortimer Brewster

Certain segments of the Japanese population is still stuck in the 80's. Last time I was in Tokyo, I saw some guy walking around Roppongi with the same hairstyle George Lynch had when I saw Dokken in 1988!!!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Alex from Tokyo has an excellent mix for Beats in Space full of Japanese pop music including Plastic Love which is indeed a great song.

http://www.beatsinspace.net/playlists/724

The second part of South East Asia disco ain't bad either if that's your jam.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Soichi Terada also did the music for the Ape Escape and Fantavision games.  He has some music out under the name "Omodaka" that is absolutely worth checking out.  This remix's music was used in one of the Ape Escape games, IIRC.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:36:54 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Aeptia

Thanks, I'll check all these out once I've finished work.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Get this:

It's great!
地平線

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
smh bore doesn't deserve a good thread like this nor the treasures it holds:

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

gfm793

City POP is getting big.

[url][]

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー

This song sounds like it's based on a Larry Levan house music classic:

^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
:leon

Holy shit, it totally is!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Although another video says it was taken from Nami Shimada - Sun Shower.

:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Weird. This was happening to me too!

So you’re saying that the music thread previews, without even watching the video, are affecting the cookies for our YouTube accounts, and that is adding them to the YouTube suggestions?

Coax

Originally heard this as a sample and ended up buying the vinyl.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
It's not '80s music, but it is Japanese, so I will admit here that I really like Rip Slyme:

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

This is what I got after going through a bunch of random crap. I like it.

More I found going through the same hole.

I ended up here by looking up the Wii shopping channel music. Which is apparently a rip-off of Walter Wanderley's Rainforest album.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:38:21 AM by HardcoreRetro »

Everything by Taeko Onuki is so good. I listened to 4:00AM once a number of months ago and ended up throwing myself into a related video fueled downward spiral into 80's japanese music and I love this shit. Now Plastic Love shows up on the related stuff literally every time I open a video on youtube

Also

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))

This is what I got after going through a bunch of random crap. I like it.

More I found going through the same hole.

I ended up here by looking up the Wii shopping channel music. Which is apparently a rip-off of Walter Wanderley's Rainforest album.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
That jazz album is unbelievably good and one of my favorites. I can't believe he taught himself to play piano at... 23?
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Leadbelly

I haven't got 80s Japanese pop songs in my recommendations, but I recently got this:

I can't help but laugh. It's the little details leading up to it, like when the guy seems to be showing the woman there is a handle in the seat she can hold on to, which I think he uses as an excuse to touch her hand, but ends up breaking her nail or something. lol

Tasty

I know there's a ton of people out there who obviously disagree, but YouTube's recommendations consistently surface new (to me) and interesting content and music.

Sausage

Youtube did the same thing to me a while back. My favorites from it are that Ryu Fukui album and this