Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174292 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
They aren't talking about David Cage, but the journalist dropping loaded questions.

Oh he's definitely talking about David Cage too, he's actually defending the journalist being a dick to Cage.

I meant that you and daemon seem to be talking about the journalist's loaded questions and not David Cage, but maybe I misread the situation.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Who the fuck is David Cage anyway?
I believe it's that guy who came up with the idea for Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

I thought that was David Bowie.

nachobro

• Live Más

Big Kielbasa

Sergeant Elias and Juno look so miserable next to him.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
On a serious note, goddammit benji save us, this thread is nothing without you. Certain geniuses royally fucking up shouldn't impede on my entertainment, I officially apologize on behalf of them.

NOW COME BACK.

Clockwork5

He was in Mortal Kombat

samfish

• Cereal mispeller

Isn’t he the guy who made that shitty PlayStation 3 game with the girl in the shower or something?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
if optimus is on your side of an argument you know you've fucked up
nat

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
If fistfulofmetal makes a shitpost about my opinion you know I don't give a fuck.

zepblackstar

Ellen Page still mad at The last of us taking her "image"

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
                    I wish I could be the Green Goblin again
:goty 

Fuck I should have taken that Naughty Dog job instead
:goty2

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Seems like Brad is right, a David Cage game usually fools someone once.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

daemon

Something's wrong with you when your title is longer than your average post  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy started out strong. First you try to hide a body, then you play the detective investigating the scene. It looks like it could be a really nice adventure game. Then everything else happens. It's great to laugh at though, so it has redeeming qualities.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Isn’t he the guy who made that shitty PlayStation 3 game with the girl in the shower or something?

:goty2

(She's bi)

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
bent

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
Go Bots > Transformers

https://www.resetera.com/posts/559684/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/559787/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/560380/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/560517/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/561031/

Dude isn't even responding to people, just talking to himself. Nothing is known about the shooter yet afaik.
He’s somewhat not wrong but damn, he’s going off ridiculously hard and, like you say, talking to himself. Almost reads like a very lightly played version of a troll a la rinsfury.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
He sounds like Lime redux.

Snoopycat_

https://www.resetera.com/posts/559684/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/559787/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/560380/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/560517/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/561031/

Dude isn't even responding to people, just talking to himself. Nothing is known about the shooter yet afaik.

The main thing I used to hate about Gaf was how they would invent narratives for these tragedies and then move on as if nothing had happened when their narratives were blown apart.

Shakin Stevens

Ooof, just got a ban for a 30-years-old copypasta joke

Dennis

Nm
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:18:05 PM by Dennis »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Mad Max> The Road Warrior

Nah, son. Nah.

thisismyusername

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
My problem with this whole David Cage thing is that he's such a hack that he can't even explain why he chooses to use certain things for storytelling. Even if he was to simply say "because I want to" that would at least be an answer. Instead he gets so self defensive and indignant because his artistic merrit is being challenged. No dude, if you see yourself as an artist you should be prepared to defend your artistic choices. Nobody is telling him he can't put domestic violence in his game. No "SJ W's are trying to bar him from doing that. They're simply critiquing his usage and forcing him to examine why he makes the choices he did.

And he can't because he's a hack and he continually gets exposed as such.

Fucking Yoko Taro doesn't beat around the bush. Someone asks why he puts butts in his game and he gives a straight answer, and he's at least twice the story teller David Cage is and Taro is just a giant weeb.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:39:06 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I think maybe it’s squirrel girl and that’s a tail?

???

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
It's the new Squirrel Girl.

agrajag

On a serious note, goddammit benji save us, this thread is nothing without you. Certain geniuses royally fucking up shouldn't impede on my entertainment, I officially apologize on behalf of them.

NOW COME BACK.

Benji come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Benji come back, you can blame it all on Reeee
Cindi was wrong, and this thread ain't shit without you

etiolate

"someone in a skirt taking a massive standing dump" is pretty apt description of comic book trends

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

???

yeah its from an issue of Squirrel Girl from a few months back. She's doing the heavy metal horns with lightning in the background. The conceit of the issue is that she's using hand symbols to represent binary. I forgot the details but here: https://io9.gizmodo.com/squirrel-girl-shows-us-computer-science-can-be-extremel-1785799450
nat

agrajag

Go Bots > Transformers

:dayum  :donot :bolo

I grew up in Soviet Russia and they only showed the Poverty Bots cartoon, so I grew up with them and love them.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I bet you guys are scaring benji away with your deification of him, don’t put the pwns on a pedestal

agrajag

I bet you guys are scaring benji away with your deification of him, don’t put the pwns on a pedestal

Meh, our posts have no bearing on him coming back or not. He's soured on the forum and I think he needs time to figure some things out. Take your time Benji, we'll be right here waiting  :-*

curly

• cultural maoist
manga>>>western comics

naruto>>>>>>>>marvel

Clockwork5

I would sacrifice my account here if it meant your friend benji came back.

agrajag

I would sacrifice my account here if it meant your friend benji came back.

:salute

Go Bots > Transformers

I grew up in Soviet Russia and they only showed the Poverty Bots cartoon, so I grew up with them and love them.

Next you'll say Megablocks > Lego
Wait what happened to Benji?

agrajag

Go Bots > Transformers

Next you'll say Megablocks > Lego
Wait what happened to Benji?

Besada won

And no, Megablocks are shit. I'm not saying Go Bots are > Transformers, btw, just that I wasn't exposed to Transformers in my childhood.

Clockwork5

He-Man = GI Joe

thisismyusername

???

yeah its from an issue of Squirrel Girl from a few months back. She's doing the heavy metal horns with lightning in the background. The conceit of the issue is that she's using hand symbols to represent binary. I forgot the details but here: https://io9.gizmodo.com/squirrel-girl-shows-us-computer-science-can-be-extremel-1785799450

western comic art style :kobeyuck

Nah, that's just Scotti Young's style. There's some good western comic artists out there.

Edit: Not Young's style which is what I knee-jerked on. It's Chabot. Youngs can be hit and miss at times. Rocket Racoon under her style can be kinda nice in a way. (The story being told by Groot being an example), and her Little Marvel Avengers vs X-men run was alright. But I think she did Archie and it was just UGH.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
there isn’t a forum as shitty, dysfunctional and gossip-worthy as neogaf before it died

I wonder if we will see another thing like it during our lifetimes

Clockwork5

there isn’t a forum as shitty, dysfunctional and gossip-worthy as neogaf before it died

Yeah, I don't think we will see too many new forums in the future.

Fucking Millennials.

Novid

Mr Cage is the reasons why there will never be a western lead director that will have people buy his games on name recognition alone anymore.
It will not happen until Kotaku, Polygon, IGN and others of their ilk are gone.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
Wyler's > Kool-Aid

nudemacusers

http://www.cynicalclosetedgamers.ru is a safe bet
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
Thai food >>>>> any other food.
OH!

nachobro

• Live Más
Mr Cage is the reasons why there will never be a western lead director that will have people buy his games on name recognition alone anymore.
It will not happen until Kotaku, Polygon, IGN and others of their ilk are gone.
Sid Meier, Tim Schafer, Ken Levine, Will Wright, Amy Hennig, Todd Howard ???

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
It's Novid. He's a free spirit, let's say.

nachobro

• Live Más
Did I just involve myself in another forum ARG by replying to him?

Beast Wars >> all other Transformers.
:mynicca

Leadbelly

The weird thing is, I was telling people to fuck off and everything when I was a junior and didn't get banned. So weird watching the place evolve.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Something is different about this thread but I can't put my finger on it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Something is different about this thread but I can't put my finger on it.
:putin

zepblackstar

I had high hopes for ERA but somehow even the virtue signalling over there seems... tame. even though they have the worst elements.

Forums are a dead thing. They are either dying off or become forgotten sites where only the diehards hang out like somethingawful.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:39:25 PM by zepblackstar »

daemon

My problem with this whole David Cage thing is that he's such a hack that he can't even explain why he chooses to use certain things for storytelling. Even if he was to simply say "because I want to" that would at least be an answer. Instead he gets so self defensive and indignant because his artistic merrit is being challenged. No dude, if you see yourself as an artist you should be prepared to defend your artistic choices. Nobody is telling him he can't put domestic violence in his game. No "SJ W's are trying to bar him from doing that. They're simply critiquing his usage and forcing him to examine why he makes the choices he did.

And he can't because he's a hack and he continually gets exposed as such.

Fucking Yoko Taro doesn't beat around the bush. Someone asks why he puts butts in his game and he gives a straight answer, and he's at least twice the story teller David Cage is and Taro is just a giant weeb.

In short, some people do stuff and apparently still get funded for many games, while others simply say: you're wrong despite your studio and games getting more and more exposure and big names behind them. Not hard to see which side i'd take on this, right? There's people who make things, and people who criticize what others do based on any grounds they'd like to come up at some point in time. You do it? people will accuse you of tackling an important subject with mediocre(crystal ball please) results. You don't? You had a great chance to portray it and you didn't. yadda yadda.

This isn't the first time and it wont be the last where journalists feel their job is to entrap the developer/shame the developer. In some instances it backfires horribly, but they'll take a shot everytime they can. And claiming that doesn't happen is being completely detached of the gamejourno reality.

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub