Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174254 times)

nudemacusers

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1800 on: November 11, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
Lol at writing this much ever.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #1801 on: November 11, 2017, 09:04:27 AM »
ResetEra : Chewbacca defenses.
ὕβρις

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #1802 on: November 11, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
Did you just write 10 paragraphs on Ross from Friends?

I didn’t read past the first paragraph

nudemacusers

« Reply #1803 on: November 11, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »
Me? No, I barely have the stamina to set up a poll
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

venereology

« Reply #1804 on: November 11, 2017, 09:29:56 AM »
what the christ are you guys doing

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1805 on: November 11, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-witnessed-a-brutal-fight-tonight.5382/

Yeah guys, just jump in and break it up! (especially between fighting women!).

:punch :derp :punch

Id love to see one of them do that just for them to turn around and find out theyre about to get into their own first fight
:9

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1806 on: November 11, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
I’m having some trouble believing this. A friend of mine who is gay, and myself (straight) were at a gay club in Hollywood approximately 8-10 years ago. Mr. Takei was present. My friend, apparently has a very large uncircumcised penis, and was pretty loudly talking/boasting about it. Mr. Takei was within earshot and challenged him on it.

Friend, claiming it was a full 13 inches obliged to display said penis. At which point Mr. Takei stopped him saying he believed him, and it wasn’t necessary feeling that his bluff was called. My friend then offered to let George have a feel under his pants. Again, Mr Takei declined even though he was very obviously attracted to my buddy - good looking dude, probably 25 at the time.

George bought us all a round of drinks and thanked us for the laugh and mental image, and told my friend to be safe.

Now, I realize this is all anecdotal, but in my one-off experiment Mr. Takei seemed like a stand up dude. I’m interested to hear, his statement on this gentleman’s claim.
:mouf

A friend of mine who is gay, and myself (straight) were at a gay club in Hollywood

My friend, apparently has a very large uncircumcised penis

Riiiiiiight.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1807 on: November 11, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
(he's bi)

paprikastaude

« Reply #1808 on: November 11, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/820104/

Since there's clearly not enough material for outrage in the initial OP already: Don't forget how these racists at Atlus have no african or hispanic characters in their game specifically about a Japanese highschool.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:51:01 AM by Spieler1 »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1810 on: November 11, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »
"Studio MDHR also dredge up the bigotry and prejudice which had a strong influence on early animation."

Sure is the studio bringing up this shit.

Trurl

« Reply #1811 on: November 11, 2017, 11:51:26 AM »
A friend of mine who is gay, and myself (straight) were at a gay club in Hollywood

My friend, apparently has a very large uncircumcised penis

Riiiiiiight.
His dick's probably standing pretty straight while he's thinking  about his friend's world-class dong.

Rocky

« Reply #1812 on: November 11, 2017, 11:51:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/unwinnable-cuphead-and-the-racist-spectre-of-fleischer-animation.5429/

:picard

Seems like the point of the article isn't to say Cuphead is racist as much as Cuphead is bringing up painful memories. Which is fair to say. Particularly since they state multiple times they know it wasn't the team's intention.

Painful memories?  FFS, who is still left that was alive in the 1930s, when that animation style was popular?  It was almost 100 years ago for crying out loud.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1813 on: November 11, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
13 inches? I mean at that length can you afford NOT to be gay?
que

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1814 on: November 11, 2017, 11:59:54 AM »
Man, who doesnt want some deep historical context in their shmups. If they had went with a Renaissance aesthetic, maybe work in the horrors of the black death.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1815 on: November 11, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »
Before the internet I always thought the mammy character in Tom and Jerry was the owner of the home. Thanks internet.

FStop7

« Reply #1816 on: November 11, 2017, 12:06:58 PM »
Paragraph on paragraph spent on angsty pop punk trash.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1818 on: November 11, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »
Caricatures in Cuphead? Geez you either want representation in video games or you don't, which is it?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:-*
[close]
rub

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1821 on: November 11, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
 :goty

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #1822 on: November 11, 2017, 12:40:45 PM »
Man neogaf flipped to racist dog shit as quickly as possible. Nice moderation, rapist

:whew

StreetCarp is a real piece of shit who can probably use his analytical mind to experiment with a paper clip and an electrical outlet.

by the way, drive a nail through your dick.

Take a electric power drill and bite down on a running dremel bit.

He should be banned and then shoved down a flight of stairs.

It's easier if I just convince him to gluegun his idiot mouth shut than convince his lizard brian that it did a bad thought.

Goddamn it can you juniors just gargle a running egg beater already

This guy is racist and feeds his dog cheese so he can drink its liquid diarrhea shit.

then he should probably ram legos up his urethra

:whoo
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:47:57 PM by railGUN »
Fish<

agrajag

« Reply #1823 on: November 11, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »
is RastaMentality a joke account?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1824 on: November 11, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
A grand wizard has fallen in battle today. :lol

Though i agree that rap is horrible music.  :doge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1825 on: November 11, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »

No not you, that was the whole of a reply in that thread.
rub

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1826 on: November 11, 2017, 01:30:26 PM »

No not you, that was the whole of a reply in that thread.

I was legit sad for a minute lol but yeah its crazy to see how a forum looks without the a force pushing back. That sort of thread would have backfired already into the second post

Novid

« Reply #1827 on: November 11, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
Not sad that I got banned from rentacenter.

Its kinda fun to be banned for standing for what you believe in.

nudemacusers

« Reply #1828 on: November 11, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
Hey mods can I get one of those fancy custom tags if I have a late bonfire? xD I could do what the kids do these days and setup a livesteam date for a burning off sacred BN vinyls. That would probably get me some death threats and hatemail. Joy. I'm not really into that book burning stuff, but you know, vinyl? I can make an exception.

What is it with these superfans making it entirely about themselves.

Dont do it man, brand new is more than jesse lacey.
Mate, I don't have the balls to burn money like that anyway.
Oh lol jk
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

kingv

« Reply #1829 on: November 11, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/unwinnable-cuphead-and-the-racist-spectre-of-fleischer-animation.5429/

Seems like the point of the article isn't to say Cuphead is racist as much as Cuphead is bringing up painful memories. Which is fair to say. Particularly since they state multiple times they know it wasn't the team's intention.

Painful memories?  FFS, who is still left that was alive in the 1930s, when that animation style was popular?  It was almost 100 years ago for crying out loud.

My grandmother fucking hates cuphead. She turns 100 this week.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1830 on: November 11, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »
I don't even know who the fuck "Brand New" is

Am i supposed to?

EDIT: oh it's that awful teenage emo music.  :doge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1831 on: November 11, 2017, 01:58:10 PM »
EDIT: oh it's that awful teenage emo music.  :doge

This works on multiple levels

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1834 on: November 11, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »

the simple fact is these people have nothing better to do with their lives. if they can't trigger outrage on a daily basis they'll feel depressed.

it's a sick cycle.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1835 on: November 11, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
Indiana Jones uses a whip. Whips were used by slave owners. PROBLEMATIC????

paprikastaude

« Reply #1836 on: November 11, 2017, 03:12:19 PM »
Man, who doesnt want some deep historical context in their shmups. If they had went with a Renaissance aesthetic, maybe work in the horrors of the black death.

I want a Bloodborne update that adds a constantly visible disclaimer "This game's thematic genre was inspired by a once RACIST author".

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1837 on: November 11, 2017, 03:14:57 PM »
Before the internet I always thought the mammy character in Tom and Jerry was the owner of the home. Thanks internet.
Ew, historical perspective.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1838 on: November 11, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »
Indiana Jones is a filthy graverobber stealing other people's cultural heritage
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:24:24 PM by HardcoreRetro »

etiolate

« Reply #1839 on: November 11, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
That Cuphead article is headache-inducing as a fan of that era of animation. Dude doesn't understand the role of a trickster. Doesn't understand that the trickster is very American, not just black. Doesn't understand that those old cartoons celebrated black music. He doesn't even understand what it means to be animated, to defy physics and bend possibility, and that every object in that world has life on demand.

Gambling, drinking and smoking were a part of that scene. Listen to some Lucille Bogan. Cab had so many reefer songs that Snoop Dogg prays to him.

The article is so dumb it seriously pisses me off.

Novid

« Reply #1840 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »
That Cuphead article is headache-inducing as a fan of that era of animation. Dude doesn't understand the role of a trickster. Doesn't understand that the trickster is very American, not just black. Doesn't understand that those old cartoons celebrated black music. He doesn't even understand what it means to be animated, to defy physics and bend possibility, and that every object in that world has life on demand.

Gambling, drinking and smoking were a part of that scene. Listen to some Lucille Bogan. Cab had so many reefer songs that Snoop Dogg prays to him.

They (those that wrote the article) have there own black hero's. They put Rae Suermured and Migos on such a high pedestal they want those statiues of them already. But those two acts are their science experiments. Think about that deeply and you will see why Cuphead is getting raked through the coals while EA grabs another studio and the journos go silent with the massive microtranstation push. 

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1841 on: November 11, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
What's a microtranstation?

Leadbelly

« Reply #1842 on: November 11, 2017, 03:55:52 PM »
Like I said in a previous post, catering to these people would only lead to a completely sanitised gaming experience free of all risk.

Novid

« Reply #1843 on: November 11, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »
Like I said in a previous post, catering to these people would only lead to a completely sanitised gaming experience free of all risk.
Which leads to a crash, which is starting to happen...

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1844 on: November 11, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »
Crash has already happened. I'm waiting for it to Spyro out of control.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1845 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »

Why...

If you want to bring out the "old cartoons were racist, no shitting in the game" why involve directly the studio in your first paragraphs.

By setting their game in this aesthetic, however, Studio MDHR also dredge up the bigotry and prejudice which had a strong influence on early animation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/youmeyou/status/929160882910789632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23929160882910789632

and then...

https://mobile.twitter.com/youmeyou/status/929444712167231488

Switters

« Reply #1846 on: November 11, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
Thread: Era, when was the last time you blinked your eyes?
troll

Boredfrom

« Reply #1847 on: November 11, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »

They (those that wrote the article) have there own black hero's. They put Rae Suermured and Migos on such a high pedestal they want those statiues of them already. But those two acts are their science experiments. Think about that deeply and you will see why Cuphead is getting raked through the coals while EA grabs another studio and the journos go silent with the massive microtranstation push.

I dislike the article but what fucking coals? The game is a critical and sale success.

Boredfrom

« Reply #1848 on: November 11, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »
Ew, historical perspective.

Is genuinely depressing when you realizes that, thought.

Novid

« Reply #1849 on: November 11, 2017, 05:32:32 PM »

I dislike the article but what fucking coals? The game is a critical and sale success.
the journos tried to stop its success from the very onset.

FStop7

« Reply #1850 on: November 11, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
Cuphead’s art style has been a known quantity for years.  Why wait to attack it until after it’s released and is a big hit?  Because it generates controversy.  Shallow, clickbait “journalism.”

etiolate

« Reply #1851 on: November 11, 2017, 05:55:46 PM »
It's not just that it's shallow outrage journalism.

It's that the author is terribly ignorant about the subject matter and has a myopic view, but people act like he has a point. He doesn't. His point is based on a moralistic, simplistic view of that era's animation and music. The jackass is going to inform a bunch of fellow jackasses that those cartoons were simply exercises in hating black people. The author needs a slap across the face.

FStop7

« Reply #1852 on: November 11, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
1. Invent something to rage about.
2. Post it on Rent a Center and collect e-handjobs.
3. Someone says “hey, you made this up.”
4. User was banned for this post.

paprikastaude

« Reply #1853 on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »
Cuphead’s art style has been a known quantity for years.  Why wait to attack it until after it’s released and is a big hit?  Because it generates controversy.  Shallow, clickbait “journalism.”

nu-uh

A lot of people found this to be an interesting conversation. It's not about creating controversy, no matter how much you want to believe that.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/819215/

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1854 on: November 11, 2017, 06:28:24 PM »

'Migos are an MK ULTRA program to get people to shit on Cuphead and make EA buy Respawn' is my favorite Novidism so far :lol

FStop7

« Reply #1855 on: November 11, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
If you play Bad and Boujee backwards at 33 RPM you can hear a Satanic incantation addressing Peter Moore.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1856 on: November 11, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »
His career has been hard to kill, but if you've been marked for death everyone is out for justice and it can leave one feeling under siege because no one is above the law.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253000183

:dead
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #1857 on: November 11, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
Muffs and da srreeurmb are both trash though.

I’m so tired of triplets.

Jansen

« Reply #1858 on: November 11, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252922824&postcount=401

Actually OP, you're looking at this the wrong way. Let's look at the winner's and losers of the past week.

Winners
Evilore - still has GAF, and within a few weeks the site will have healed and be back to full strength

The new mods - will be putting in a lot of work to steer the ship over the next few weeks, but ultimately will be moderators of the most important gaming forum in the western hemisphere

Losers
The "new" splinter forum - have you seen how many long banned people have shown up there? Have you seen how many shitposters from here, who skated by under the old mod team here, have shown up there? Have you seen how ugly the aesthetics are? Plus, they don't have 15 years of posts, threads, content and experience in running a forum. Within a few months it will be chaos.

The old mods - clearly weren't giving a shit recently, thought they could leave this place a lawless land. But their gambit failed and they are no longer mods anywhere.

Gamergate - some of them showed up here, but as the new mod team builds up they will be banned at the old (speedy) rate. Plus, they're still basement dwelling virgins.

:neogaf

nudemacusers

« Reply #1859 on: November 11, 2017, 07:35:27 PM »
expected JordanN tbh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽