Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174669 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3660 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:15 PM »
The wrestling thread was GAF's lamest shit.

which is why it was one of the few i lurked lol

JaseC

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3661 on: November 20, 2017, 11:21:23 PM »
JaseC is alright.

This. I really haven't seen him being a problem poster or anything beyond his avatar of that Irish actress, but even then it's not on the level of like fistful e-Stalking.

Also Jase if you have double-steam keys, PM me before you put them out on Era so I can see if I want to add them to my +1 list. :doge

I actually do have a bunch of Indie Gala bundles I need to comb through. I haven't given away any unwanted keys since GAF went down as ModBot was MIA (obviously) and using Steam Gifts would likely take too long for my liking as I'd have to create a giveaway for each individual key.

If you're serious, when I finally get around to working my way through the bundles, I can send you a list of the games I don't need, give you the keys you want, and then give away whatever's left (if anything) on Steam Gifts. Everybody wins.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3662 on: November 20, 2017, 11:29:00 PM »
I only have 3 steam games. If there is a Steam poverty level, i'm beneath it.

Rise

« Reply #3663 on: November 20, 2017, 11:39:18 PM »
you guys know wrestling is fake right?

:doge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3664 on: November 20, 2017, 11:44:37 PM »
Welp.

Men suck.
That's why I'm transitioning to female.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not really. But it is kind of nice to not feel associated with that shit.
[close]
I now choose to live my life as a woman.
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3665 on: November 20, 2017, 11:53:25 PM »
We choose to live as a transdimensional collective of non-corporeal energy lifeforms, please don't try to enforce your rigid and primitive four dimensional at best stereotypes, ethics and morals upon us.

This will be our only warning.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3666 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:43 PM »
We choose to live as a transdimensional collective of non-corporeal energy lifeforms

I'm matter, asshole.

agrajag

« Reply #3667 on: November 20, 2017, 11:56:44 PM »
non-carbon-based life forms matter

agrajag

« Reply #3668 on: November 20, 2017, 11:57:56 PM »
We choose to live as a transdimensional collective of non-corporeal energy lifeforms

I'm matter, asshole.

USER WAS WARNED FOR INFLAMATORY DRIVE BY MATERIALIST AGENDA, THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST WARNING

benjipwns

« Reply #3669 on: November 20, 2017, 11:57:57 PM »
benjipwns cast "mods help"

benjipwns

« Reply #3670 on: November 20, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »
The Bore is so much more empowering to regular members with its open to all user warning system.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3671 on: November 21, 2017, 12:07:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jeremy-piven-takes-polygraph-test-over-groping-allegations.7228/

Jeremy Piven passes polygraph with flying colors but ResetRetards don't care because it's not admissible in a court of law? wat?  >:(

As an avid consumer of true crime media, polygraphs are shit.

This. They're inadmissible in courts for a reason.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Piven has non-sexual skeletons in his closet.

Sai

« Reply #3672 on: November 21, 2017, 12:13:25 AM »
It was someone from the wrestling community and it was because I said that a female wrestler was popular because she is attractive and has pseudo-indie cred. They told  me that if I continued to make “dishonest” posts, that I would be reported.

I am not going to name them because I’m sure that’ll piss them off more. Which is what I want now.

it was moblin i bet
ilysm

thisismyusername

« Reply #3673 on: November 21, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
It's downright comical.

Why aren't we seeing an enormous amount of women coming out against "rap" stars? Hmm, i wonder if it's because no one would give a flying fuck. No one would get fired, no one would lose record sales. It'd be completely POINTLESS. Just like many on reset flat out ignore the contradiction in listening to musicians that continuously call their girls fucking whores lol.

And media would give 2 shits, and so small transgressions such as "he had his hands close to my buttocks during a photo op" would be laughed at. Go after the Harvey Weinsteins and Kevin Spaceys but don't blur the fucking line between sexual predator and a bad joke.
(Image removed from quote.)

He literally had to piss on some girls for anyone to even take notice. And Chris Brown's been forgiven by everyone despite assaulting a woman.

*ahem* Speak for yourself, Agra.

In before "racist timu lol"
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #3674 on: November 21, 2017, 12:18:56 AM »
Some of you would have been marching with Jesse Jackson during that Duke Lacross team allegation even before any real investigation.   :snoop
marching :donot

with minorities  :donot :donot
[close]

Yeah. Why march when I get the proletariat to do that for me? :snob

especially without the minorities. :snob :snob
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #3675 on: November 21, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
JaseC is alright.

This. I really haven't seen him being a problem poster or anything beyond his avatar of that Irish actress, but even then it's not on the level of like fistful e-Stalking.

Also Jase if you have double-steam keys, PM me before you put them out on Era so I can see if I want to add them to my +1 list. :doge

I actually do have a bunch of Indie Gala bundles I need to comb through. I haven't given away any unwanted keys since GAF went down as ModBot was MIA (obviously) and using Steam Gifts would likely take too long for my liking as I'd have to create a giveaway for each individual key.

If you're serious, when I finally get around to working my way through the bundles, I can send you a list of the games I don't need, give you the keys you want, and then give away whatever's left (if anything) on Steam Gifts. Everybody wins.
Cool with me. 100% serious. Let me know whatever you have spares of and I'll see if there's anything I want from them. :-*

Edit: Q-Q-Q-QUAD POST in catching up.

agrajag

« Reply #3676 on: November 21, 2017, 12:22:56 AM »
It's downright comical.

Why aren't we seeing an enormous amount of women coming out against "rap" stars? Hmm, i wonder if it's because no one would give a flying fuck. No one would get fired, no one would lose record sales. It'd be completely POINTLESS. Just like many on reset flat out ignore the contradiction in listening to musicians that continuously call their girls fucking whores lol.

And media would give 2 shits, and so small transgressions such as "he had his hands close to my buttocks during a photo op" would be laughed at. Go after the Harvey Weinsteins and Kevin Spaceys but don't blur the fucking line between sexual predator and a bad joke.
(Image removed from quote.)

He literally had to piss on some girls for anyone to even take notice. And Chris Brown's been forgiven by everyone despite assaulting a woman.

*ahem* Speak for yourself, Agra.

In before "racist timu lol"
[close]

I'm not speaking for myself.

:donot

thisismyusername

« Reply #3677 on: November 21, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »
I know. Just saying. :-* Only some mindless women have forgiven him. I still don't see why Rhianna forgave him/"kiss and made up" given how battered she was.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3678 on: November 21, 2017, 12:27:48 AM »
The Bore is so much more empowering to regular members with its open to all user warning system.

It would be nice if it were baked into this forum. Place it right next to the quote button.

wake up the lazy mods

benjipwns

« Reply #3679 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:06 AM »
I know. Just saying. :-* Only some mindless women have forgiven him. I still don't see why Rhianna forgave him/"kiss and made up" given how battered she was.
Way to assume a black woman can't reason out decisions by herself alt-right gamergate shitlord.

« Reply #3680 on: November 21, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »
yo, why it gotta be backseat moderating :confused :thinking

Ok this one got me good  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

MangoMadness

« Reply #3681 on: November 21, 2017, 02:01:15 AM »
I'll defend Franken. This all sounds like complete bullshit to me. The first accusation is a complete joke. The second is like umm ok? You took a picture with him and he had his hand close or around your ass? Where's the proof? The crime does not fit the punishment some of these people are trying to impose.

This is becoming a witch hunt now. Any fucking allegation will ruin your career now, proof be damned.

It's on Franken to deny the accusations strongly if his accusers are lying.  He's not doing that.  Saying "I don't remember" is weak as fuck. 

If I was a senator falsely accused of groping one of my constituents, I wouldn't be taking that shit sitting down. 

I realize that some liberal sad-boys think that if they accuse of a woman of dishonesty, they will be perceived as sexist, but come on now.  It's your reputation on the line.  Defend it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2nd-sexual-harassment-accusation-against-al-franken.7161/

This latest Al Franken accusation is causing a sorts of drama.  :lol

Conspiracy theories and "she's no angle" type arguments are now OK for some when it is their liberal icon in the cross hairs.

And the vast majority calling for him to resign, much like the other thread.

You guys love to focus on a few people and act like the entire forum is that way.

Yeah, been noticing that myself.  Honestly, most of the ResetERA community seems all right to me.  Of course the worst posters are going to be most prominent, both because of the content of their posts, and how often they post.  Which in turn are likely due to lack of employment/social-life.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3682 on: November 21, 2017, 02:14:53 AM »
WTF. Fiction is a RisottoEra mod now.

She's been a mod for at least a week already, I should start my own announcements so you guys can get news on time

Sorry breh, you're too slow.

benjipwns

« Reply #3683 on: November 21, 2017, 02:18:01 AM »
GaimeGuy's been one of my favorites for a while:
It's not just allegedly in front of her husband.

It's at the State Fair.

The Minnesota State Fair is 12 days, every year. During this time, 2 million people converge upon the State Fairgrounds, 0.5 square miles. There would be eyes everywhere. There would be people lined up to talk with and take photos with Al and other celebrities/politicians at their booths.

You'd have to be insane to try and cop a feel there. Especially as a politician. If Al is that bold, there's no way he'd be so squeaky clean among ex staffers. It doesn't make logical sense.

It's certainly possible, but I am more inclined to believe that the waist bone being connected to the hip bone is going to result in some accidental contact that could be interpreted as grabbing a handful. or even an accidental grab while wrapping the arm around the waist. Note that we are discussing intent here.

benjipwns

« Reply #3684 on: November 21, 2017, 02:22:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1205823/
I would like to address some points that I see pop up not only in this thread, but in most (if not all) threads in regards to sexual harassment and women.

I want to start by pointing something out: If you start your line of thinking with, "This is how I would act", or, "This is what makes sense to me", you have already fucked up.
I want to make something painfully clear for the men of this forum:

You will never know what it is like to be a woman in a patriarchal system.

People behave differently towards women than they do men (and vice-versa). You can never, NEVER know what this is truly like. You may get tastes or glimpses, but you are not living as a woman. You are not internalizing the things said about women, the actions directed towards women, nor the images that represent women. You can read about the experiences of women and the challenges women face, but you will never be able to feel this as a woman. You will never be exposed to the thousands and thousands of interactions we get from men. You never see how your "good guy friend" changes their tone, and their posture, when suddenly it's just me and that "good guy". You will never see how often this happens with different men. You will never see how any of the men in your life, and the lives of others, behave when they are alone with women. Please let this sink into your brain.

On that same note: You also often cannot pick up on the subtle ways women are treated differently when in group settings. You cannot actually experience being a woman every moment of your life, so how could you notice these things all the time? We are selfish creatures, and we have our own lives we are living in our own brain, and as such, we are limited to our own experiences. All of our opinions are based on experiences, and you think you can know the experiences of all women, and their behaviors, better than women when you can barely know your own?

Some things I would like to address, because I see these sentiments so often, and they are not grounded in the reality women live in:

I don't believe this because her husband took the photo, and there's no way a man would be that bold in front of another man's wife
You are naive. I have a story that perfectly illustrates this:

I remember first being talked about in a sexual way at the age of ~14. I can't remember the exact age, but I know I wasn't in high school yet. I was at a party at the house of a family friend. A grown man, to my parents, started talking about my looks, and basically saying, in round-about words, that they shouldn't let just anyone sleep with me. I am dead. fucking. serious. My dad did not punch this guy's lights out because 1.) Both my parents were pretty shocked at the way the conversation went, and 2.) You don't just punch some dude's fucking lights out in public.

Considering an adult basically talked about my virginity to my own fucking parents, is it really that hard to believe that a powerful man in a public place would grope a woman if he knew nobody could see? Is it really that difficult, considering all the other crazy shit that's happened in 2017?

As for Franken and this recent allegation, the woman herself was shocked, and because women are told all the time to not make a scene: she didn't. It is shocking to be groped in any situation, even more shocking for her considering the time, place, and person.

She may also have questioned what happened at first, because....

She may have misinterpreted it
This reinforces the notion that women can't actually tell when they are being assaulted or not. This is also called gaslighting, and it's a reason women often don't come forward or talk about their experiences. We are consistently being asked "Are you sure?" or are being told we are wrong, or that our feelings and memories can't be believed at face value. We are led to constantly doubt and question our assaults, yet we are expected to report them without hesitation. You practically have to be raped on camera screaming "No stop help" before these questions begin to stop. Note that I said "begin to".

Why would she be around him later laughing etc?
Because women are constantly told our assaults didn't happen, or that they weren't severe. We are told to just shrug off shitty behaviors and "deal with it" for the greater good. We are told to "not rock the boat". Our experiences are constantly devalued, and we are always expected to make ourselves uncomfortable for the comfort of others.

This is happening for (insert reason) gain!
Sigh.

So to finish:

You will never know what it is like to be a woman in a patriarchal system.

Let that sink in if you want to be an ally to women, and victims of assault. Also,

https://www.rainn.org/about-sexual-assault
the formatting makes me feel all warm inside

makes me think of someone who could have been somebody but he chose the dark side instead of our loving embrace

Sigh.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3685 on: November 21, 2017, 02:25:16 AM »
WTF. Fiction is a RisottoEra mod now.

She's been a mod for at least a week already, I should start my own announcements so you guys can get news on time

Sorry breh, you're too slow.

I got her to lock a thread for me on the 13th, so you beat me by one day.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

benjipwns

« Reply #3687 on: November 21, 2017, 02:33:27 AM »
Like I said, I still want this to end with Franken resigning and I 100% believe the two women. I just want this lead to EVERYONE GULITY OF THIS STUFF being held accountable for these kinds of actions rather than simply it turning into a game that favors the party who is more resistant to admitting wrongdoing.
I want this all to end with justice being served and if that is Franken resigning then I gladly welcome it. I readily await the full ethical investigations on every past and future incident of Franken's and ALL Political/Celebrity/Average Civilian cases of harassment/assault and I can only push and hope that the parties leading the investigations are bipartisan representatives with reputations of integrity and merit.
:lol

Absolutely not. In a utilitarian analysis, him being in the Senate is far more important than being a "good example" or some fluffy thing. He should remain full stop, and I would fight it to the death. Republicans are doing the same with Moore.

I swear, liberals still fail to understand the nature of the fight at the moment. This a war. Shit like abortion rights and one man one vote is one the line. You don't threaten that because a guy got handsy a decade ago when it was fairly acceptable.

It be was wrong. He apologized. He's already better than Trump and Moore. We won that one. Move on.
I think he's doing it the right way. The public will eventually forgive him and he'll move past it. MAAAYBE if the Republicans find a good woman to run against him they can win off the contrast- but they absolutely have no moral high ground to argue from like they did in the Clinton days (and they lost there too).

I also think this revolution around sexual assault is mostly something happing in hyper liberal echo chambers.
This guy gets it. I should just post unattributed slightly reworded French Revolution and Russian Revolution era quotes. And Marcuse. Everyone knows the only successful revolutions are achieved by direct action against members of the oppressed community.

If I had an account on ResetEra of course. But I don't have one. Especially because I don't want to post on a place that allows Cindi to write transphobic jerimads against the arbiter of transgenderism, excelsioref.

shosta

« Reply #3688 on: November 21, 2017, 02:35:43 AM »
they don't let her, they banned her
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #3689 on: November 21, 2017, 02:36:33 AM »
how many accounts on resetera do you have, benji? I hope you're not using them to doxx people

shosta

« Reply #3690 on: November 21, 2017, 02:39:48 AM »
It's hard to tell. Current estimates number in the hundreds. Certainly at least half as many as Phoenix Dark has.
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3691 on: November 21, 2017, 02:44:22 AM »
Like I said, I still want this to end with Franken resigning and I 100% believe the two women. I just want this lead to EVERYONE GULITY OF THIS STUFF being held accountable for these kinds of actions rather than simply it turning into a game that favors the party who is more resistant to admitting wrongdoing.
I want this all to end with justice being served and if that is Franken resigning then I gladly welcome it. I readily await the full ethical investigations on every past and future incident of Franken's and ALL Political/Celebrity/Average Civilian cases of harassment/assault and I can only push and hope that the parties leading the investigations are bipartisan representatives with reputations of integrity and merit.
:lol

Absolutely not. In a utilitarian analysis, him being in the Senate is far more important than being a "good example" or some fluffy thing. He should remain full stop, and I would fight it to the death. Republicans are doing the same with Moore.

I swear, liberals still fail to understand the nature of the fight at the moment. This a war. Shit like abortion rights and one man one vote is one the line. You don't threaten that because a guy got handsy a decade ago when it was fairly acceptable.

It be was wrong. He apologized. He's already better than Trump and Moore. We won that one. Move on.
I think he's doing it the right way. The public will eventually forgive him and he'll move past it. MAAAYBE if the Republicans find a good woman to run against him they can win off the contrast- but they absolutely have no moral high ground to argue from like they did in the Clinton days (and they lost there too).

I also think this revolution around sexual assault is mostly something happing in hyper liberal echo chambers.
This guy gets it. I should just post unattributed slightly reworded French Revolution and Russian Revolution era quotes. And Marcuse. Everyone knows the only successful revolutions are achieved by direct action against members of the oppressed community.

If I had an account on ResetEra of course. But I don't have one. Especially because I don't want to post on a place that allows Cindi to write transphobic jerimads against the arbiter of transgenderism, excelsioref.

For real. Franken is a good, effective senator. The Democrats are the party of Ted Kennedy. If he was allowed to stick around for like 40 years after Chappaquiddick, why are we even talking about Franken stepping down? Since when were the Democrats the party of absolute morality? Let him finish his term.

Al hasn’t responded yet to the new allegation, right? I’m half expecting him to step down in the morning.
serge

shosta

« Reply #3692 on: November 21, 2017, 02:47:25 AM »
Al hasn’t responded yet to the new allegation, right? I’m half expecting him to step down in the morning.
He said he didn't remember taking that picture.

Switching topics:
Does North Korea actual sponsor terrorism?
lol
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3693 on: November 21, 2017, 03:02:31 AM »
What was the other forum that Gafers fled to before reset was up?

JaseC

« Reply #3694 on: November 21, 2017, 03:05:48 AM »
JaseC is alright.

Cool with me. 100% serious. Let me know whatever you have spares of and I'll see if there's anything I want from them. :-*

Edit: Q-Q-Q-QUAD POST in catching up.

Okay doke. I'll bookmark this post so I don't forget.

What was the other forum that Gafers fled to before reset was up?

Slaent. Opencritic's forums, too, but I think that was mostly PC-GAF.

Cascade

« Reply #3695 on: November 21, 2017, 03:26:28 AM »

Lol, yeah I used to lurk a lot of lame gaf threads too. :doge Like, just look at how pathetic these guys are, yet I can't look away: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444655

agrajag

« Reply #3696 on: November 21, 2017, 03:38:47 AM »

Lol, yeah I used to lurk a lot of lame gaf threads too. :doge Like, just look at how pathetic these guys are, yet I can't look away: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444655

:o

benjipwns

« Reply #3697 on: November 21, 2017, 03:43:25 AM »
Certainly at least half as many as Phoenix Dark has.
The funny part is that I mostly post over there as Phoenix Dark. While he mainly posts as Jack Remington.

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #3699 on: November 21, 2017, 04:06:19 AM »
'Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A DARK KNIGHT.'' - The Dark Knight
the funny thing is Batman apparently couldn't take it as he just goes and hides as the recluse Bruce Wayne for eight years while the police get some kind of draconian law passed in Dent's name that apparently stops all major crime

also, everything said after that doesn't make any sense, it's gibberish, i hope Gordon was checked for a concussion or other head injury right away

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3700 on: November 21, 2017, 04:30:09 AM »

Restored :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #3701 on: November 21, 2017, 04:35:20 AM »
This mac dude in this thread is just spouting alt-right trolling nonsense: https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-youtube-ot-we-virtue-signal.6093/page-2
I remember the days when a person with an academic background in the field they discussed were the ones starting these conversations. Forgive me, but I'd rather get my news from a boring old white guy in a suit than someone with a master of arts with a silly hairdo/hat spewing out their limited knowledge of politics. Contra Points is like if you filmed me talking about the history of World War II. I would just tell you the same shit everyone else knows that I picked up from watching 5 hours of The History Channel.
like really?

Thankfully some people have got his number:
mac you got a dog in this race or what? All I'm seeing is a bunch of refuting without any point or argument.
I think it's pretty funny that you're digging your feet in even when your assumptions are shown to be wrong "She's clearly a philosophy major" It's pointed out that she has an MA (I think she got half way through a PhD) "Well, not *my* philosophy" What's the point of asking for her level of education level at all if you're not going to change you perspective one iota? It's a really supercilious approach.
LMAO. You can't back up your insults and vague claims with any substance whatsoever and overall come off like a retired professor in a nursing home yelling about the young people with their outlandish dress and hairstyle on the lawn outside. Obviously you are just reaching for reasons to discredit specific youtubers because you don't like their political stances. Your avatar fits you very well.

He doesn't even realize how important these large number of daily videos that struggle to crack 20K views are in saving the stupid ignorant mouthbreathing morons of future generations from the gamergate predators:
That's an incredibly worthwhile group to target. Youtube's political content is completely dominated by both far right personalities and self-described centrists like Sargon who do nothing but shit on Social Studies Warriors and defend Trump all day. Kids are impressionable and, when their favorite dipshit minecraft streamer inevitably points them towards that content, they probably aren't going to have the mental tools to decide and decode things.

I hope the mods are keeping an eye on him, he'll probably slip up and admit his Trump vote at some point. Just glad he doesn't post here because that could really turn us into a serious problem site instead of a regular problem site.

shosta

« Reply #3702 on: November 21, 2017, 04:39:24 AM »
Is there even a reputable source for this claim that Youtube is dominated by alt right personalities?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #3703 on: November 21, 2017, 04:47:32 AM »
Is there even a reputable source for this claim that Youtube is dominated by alt right personalities?
Name one popular political and/or gaming YouTuber who isn't alt-right, supports them or hasn't denounced them repeatedly.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3704 on: November 21, 2017, 04:49:12 AM »
altrightlettermedia needs to be stopped,  :bobby  was right

benjipwns

« Reply #3705 on: November 21, 2017, 04:53:22 AM »
Gamergate was really emboldened when their hero the Angry Video Game Nerd and his cinematically ignorant lackeys at RedLetterMedia managed to make people hate that film against the evidence just because it had women on the cast.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3706 on: November 21, 2017, 04:56:29 AM »
Speaking of that gamergate shitlord AVGN, has anyone on ReleaseEra posted this http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/paul-feig-regrets-that-ghostbusters-remake-became-a-cause.html ? I hope not, it would obviously draw those shitlords.

benjipwns

« Reply #3707 on: November 21, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »
How about the paper of record, authoritative scientific research and further confirmation by VICE's reporting:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/magazine/for-the-new-far-right-youtube-has-become-the-new-talk-radio.html
https://shorensteincenter.org/anatomy-of-alt-right-youtuber
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3dy7vb/why-the-right-is-dominating-youtube

That enough for you or do you care to reveal more of your anti-science denier agenda?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3708 on: November 21, 2017, 05:03:36 AM »

ResetEra sources it to credible site with impeccable credentials ResetEra.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3709 on: November 21, 2017, 05:04:39 AM »
ResearchEra

benjipwns

« Reply #3710 on: November 21, 2017, 05:07:36 AM »
Literally every article I could find on the first three pages of Google results all cite that NYT article as their source for the claim which means it's been peer-reviewed.

Example: http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/10/contrapoints-profile.html
This YouTuber Is Figuring Out How to Counter the Alt-Right’s Dominance of the Site

If you’re an average adult user, YouTube is the place where you can see Colbert clips and movie trailers. But for the young people who make up YouTube’s most devoted audience, the site is as important a source of political content as it is a source of entertainment. Over the last few years, a rich ecosystem of commentators has established itself on the video-sharing site, recording video monologues purporting to explain the world. That network leans right. Hard. As John Herrman explained in a recent article in The New York Times Magazine, “YouTube is host to just one dominant native political community: the YouTube right.”
“[N]o [political] bloc is anywhere near as organized or as assertive as the YouTube right and its dozens of obdurate vloggers,” pointed out Herrman. “Nor is there a coherent group on the platform articulating any sort of direct answer to this budding form of reaction — which both validates this material in the eyes of its creators and gives it room to breathe, grow and assert itself beyond its immediate vicinity.”

That a video platform so beloved by adolescents is also so thoroughly dominated by a racist, extremist, reactionary right wing is a troubling thought, and one that hasn’t been directly confronted — partly, no doubt, because YouTube flies so far beneath the radar of most adults who follow politics. But how can we check the rise of the extreme right online — not just on YouTube, but on any of the many social platforms where it appears to flourish? Contra may not have all the answers, but she has one: Meet them on their turf and outdo them.

ThePhantomBlot

« Reply #3711 on: November 21, 2017, 05:09:10 AM »

eatchildren’s avatar looks so bizarre without the later added beard and chicken drumstick.
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

etiolate

« Reply #3712 on: November 21, 2017, 05:11:33 AM »

Depends on what you mean by dominated. Anyone can start up an independent channel. Can't really say if there's more non-left leaning commentary channels to progressive leftist leaning commentary channels. You also have the major network channels which swing progressive on YT, like MTV News and PBS digital.

The difference is that the independent "alt rightgamergatorermerghedyerallnazis" group dominates in views. I wen through the suggested leftist channels of that thread, and the biggest sub number there is hbomberguy with 176k. I thought maybe that douche moviebob was bigger, but he's 126k.

Here's the subs of the other side: Sargon 728.9k subs, Needledrop (Fantano's music channel) 1.2 million subs, Armoured Skeptic 416k subs, and sh0eonhead is like 500k subs.

The best I have on the left is Laci Greene with 1.5 million subs, but now that she says you have to make your arguments with facts and shouldn't deny science she is off the approved leftist shelf. Plus, she's dating a Gamergater. (420k subs)

The major networks don't get the traffic of the anti-Social Studies Warriors either. MTV News is 100k subs. The actual alt-righters are even worse, with YTers like Millenial Woes at 30k and alt-right.com's YT channel at 29k.

Basically, all the ratings are in shitting on gaffers and dumb college kids.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:27:37 AM by etiolate »

benjipwns

« Reply #3713 on: November 21, 2017, 05:17:07 AM »
Nice try but the VICE article demolished your attempt at gaslighting us:
PewDiePie
57,953,108 subscribers
The most famous instance of far-right views being disseminated on YouTube is PewDiePie – the site's biggest star, commanding an audience of literally millions of impressionable teenage boys, who for some reason want to watch him play computer games. He was dropped by Disney after it emerged that his videos included antisemitic jokes and Nazi imagery.

What PewDiePie does is very different from the likes of PJW, but this ironic racism can offer us a good example of what happens when these views, prominent in YouTube's ecosystem as they are, become normalised. Such videos are – at least anecdotally – having a measurable effect on how these kids talk about Jews, or the Nazis.

Here's my hypothesis: Twitter is the natural home of the left because Twitter – participatory; open; capable of presenting multiple viewpoints to the reader simultaneously – is well-suited to the expression of left-wing views, which are (to draw however loose a family resemblance between often disparate warring factions) typically somehow egalitarian.

Contemporary right-wing politics, by contrast, is driven largely by the unexamined prejudices and anxieties of (primarily) white men. Any white man who wants to hold on to their prejudices and anxieties is going to have a tough time of it on Twitter – but they're going to have a grand old time standing in front of their wall, alone, ranting.

So the left have the tweet, and the right have the solo rant to camera. This would, in a way, be fine – except that it turns out the solo rant to camera is a vastly better way of converting people than the tweet is.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3714 on: November 21, 2017, 05:17:38 AM »
Centrists/The Right etc tend towards youtube because traditional media is overwhelmingly hard left, news at 11

etiolate

« Reply #3715 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:38 AM »
I thought the alt right ran twitter, too. What with their evil hashtag campaigns and unnatural affinity to meme. Weaponized Autism? More like weaponized lack of awareness of your white privilege.

etiolate

« Reply #3716 on: November 21, 2017, 05:26:38 AM »
I am kind of curious if any of the networks are trying to create their anti-sjw platform. Dave Rubin has said he's had various offers for a TV show, but has turned it down.

Right now, they're pulling a Napster and trying to kill it rather than adapt to it. Youtube is rapidly demonetizing independent channels, regardless of politics, and making up the rules as they go. They leave the major network channels to put up whatever they want without getting a strike for content. Currently, two standards exist depending on whether you have a NY/LA office or a dot-it-at-home setup. They can't starve them of hits without censorship cries, so they they starve them of revenue.

benjipwns

« Reply #3717 on: November 21, 2017, 05:28:24 AM »
Contrapoints is amazing.

Her videos on decrypting fascism should be essential viewing for everyone aged 12 - 40.
It's funny that this is her constantly reposted video by GAF/ERA, and then their subsequent defense of her credentials against alt-right troll mac, when starts out by getting the definition of fascism completely wrong.

And then the tips on recognizing a fascist starts out with anyone who denies they're a fascist when called one.
[close]

She'd probably say my insistence on identifying fascism by how fascists (and everyone else) defined it is proof of my own fascism.
[close]

shosta

« Reply #3718 on: November 21, 2017, 05:33:45 AM »
How about the paper of record, authoritative scientific research and further confirmation by VICE's reporting:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/magazine/for-the-new-far-right-youtube-has-become-the-new-talk-radio.html
https://shorensteincenter.org/anatomy-of-alt-right-youtuber
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3dy7vb/why-the-right-is-dominating-youtube

That enough for you or do you care to reveal more of your anti-science denier agenda?
I'm willing to bet TYT + The Resistance probably have more unique listeners than the whole alt right YouTube combined. Also kids are not browsing YouTube to watch Nick Fuentes talk about Trump, they're laughing at OnlyUseMeBlade.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3719 on: November 21, 2017, 05:34:33 AM »
Dont even like PewDiePie, but anyone saying this:
The most famous instance of far-right views being disseminated on YouTube is PewDiePie

is pretty safe to ignore as a click bait seeking shill.