Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174533 times)

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5520 on: December 02, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »
Uhhhh lol Africans also do well themselves. Arguably better than most inmigrants. They are among the best educated and many are doing very, very well for themselves. Still doesn't take away from the argument of white supremacy and they'll still be considered "ni.ggers." Times are better to be sure but at the end of the day, if the cops were called on an Asian or that Nigerian immigrant's son they'll likely use deadly force. When applying for a job they'll still be discriminated against. Hence, inferior. Never mind that Asian men are considered effemininate and weak and that it's better for an Asian girl to marry white. That argument is so bad. Lmao What a dumbass, who doesn't understand the basics of the concept he's talking about.

Maldito idiota.
This is a good post. But to be truthful, I don’t really read much on this place, the bore, apart from the stream of worded quality that efluves from my favourite poster dude.
:{]

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5521 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
You mean novid, right?
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #5522 on: December 02, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
Uhhhh lol Africans also do well themselves. Arguably better than most inmigrants. They are among the best educated and many are doing very, very well for themselves. Still doesn't take away from the argument of white supremacy and they'll still be considered "ni.ggers." Times are better to be sure but at the end of the day, if the cops were called on an Asian or that Nigerian immigrant's son they'll likely use deadly force. When applying for a job they'll still be discriminated against. Hence, inferior. Never mind that Asian men are considered effemininate and weak and that it's better for an Asian girl to marry white. That argument is so bad. Lmao What a dumbass, who doesn't understand the basics of the concept he's talking about.

Maldito idiota.
This is a good post. But to be truthful, I don’t really read much on this place, the bore, apart from the stream of worded quality that efluves from my favourite poster dude.

I'm your favorite poster?
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5523 on: December 02, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »
You’re my favorite customer.
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5524 on: December 02, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »
Ha ha ha.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #5525 on: December 02, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »
You’re my favorite customer.

anytime, bb
IYKYK

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #5526 on: December 02, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
goddamit
reckt

Leadbelly

« Reply #5527 on: December 02, 2017, 08:41:33 PM »
So this Moegamer guy, Pete Davison. Any relation to John Davison?

Both games journalists, and both British. Could just be a coincidence of course. Davison I imagine is quite a common surname.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5528 on: December 02, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
This entire fucking thread wow https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-reached-a-point-movies-tv-can-be-too-white.9081/
Have you reached a point movies/tv can be "too white"?

:dead
This is a gem

https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-reached-a-point-movies-tv-can-be-too-white.9081/page-16#post-1654019

IGN has 85 podcasts, with no black faces.  :doge

Also I'm not sure the internet would survive a black square enix universe. I bet the artists pitched it though.
🤴

Pills Here

« Reply #5529 on: December 02, 2017, 09:47:51 PM »
This entire fucking thread wow https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-reached-a-point-movies-tv-can-be-too-white.9081/

Even POC are getting attacked in there by mods for calling the thread out, classic NeoGAF, I mean, Resetera.

Himu

« Reply #5530 on: December 02, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »

Even POC are getting attacked in there by mods for calling the thread out, classic NeoGAF, I mean, Resetera.

The most offensive part of that thread is how many people saying Friends is the GOAT sitcom (Image removed from quote.)

:nope
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5531 on: December 02, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »

I can't be the only one who thinks of this when I see a race thread on gaf or gaf 2.0
que

Himu

« Reply #5532 on: December 02, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »

I can't be the only one who thinks of this when I see a race thread on gaf or gaf 2.0

:sabu

That clip
IYKYK

Makai

« Reply #5533 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:54 PM »
The dude is such a milquetoast standard libertarian

Those intricate Nazi subcurrent labels are confusing.
Milquetoast duck

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5534 on: December 02, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
I love that movie.
serge

Jansen

« Reply #5536 on: December 02, 2017, 11:12:09 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253083721

Quote from: Ecotic
I've had the thought that Neogaf could just close down for good without warning any day now. Evilore hasn't spoken in over a month and the search for moderators is telling that the tenuous situation is deteriorating.

I don't honestly know how much income there is to be had running a declining video game forum, but if there's not much, and if there's no ready buyer, yeah I would just hang it up and see if I can find an obscure office job somewhere that wouldn't Google my name before hiring me.

:heh

gfm793

« Reply #5537 on: December 02, 2017, 11:34:51 PM »

Maldito idiota.

Police using deadly force is in no way 'likely', even by the broadest definition of the term.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #5538 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
shut up
pcp

Jansen

« Reply #5539 on: December 02, 2017, 11:42:47 PM »
Did evilore purge his account from gaf?

Trurl

« Reply #5540 on: December 03, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »
I hope he was listening to the reprise of Camelot.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5541 on: December 03, 2017, 12:37:53 AM »
Oh and Western GAMERS stopped favoring Japanese games well over a decade ago in general; why should Western games journalists not follow suit?
This is true. I dont get why some of you call it a persecution complex when i made a descriptive statement earlier. The conversation flows from there, I havent made any value statements just posted a fact about the landscape.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5542 on: December 03, 2017, 01:11:36 AM »
Oh and Western GAMERS stopped favoring Japanese games well over a decade ago in general; why should Western games journalists not follow suit?
This is true. I dont get why some of you call it a persecution complex when i made a descriptive statement earlier. The conversation flows from there, I havent made any value statements just posted a fact about the landscape.
None of those were in reference to you, unless I've got my timeline confused.

Jansen

« Reply #5543 on: December 03, 2017, 01:16:44 AM »
i can't find shit even when i Google evilore. everything before the great escape leads to an invalid link even his statement.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #5544 on: December 03, 2017, 01:23:20 AM »
These days I'd rather play jap games than western ones. You wanna show me a cutscene fine but don't fucking make me walk slow while some asshole talks in my ear or make me watch your dumb fucking set piece that is "interactive".
reckt

Himu

« Reply #5545 on: December 03, 2017, 01:23:37 AM »
neogaf is done by christmas.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5546 on: December 03, 2017, 01:42:40 AM »

NeoGAF
Admin : Guest
Please mail me at <invalid adress> for any enquiry.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5547 on: December 03, 2017, 01:59:06 AM »
Quote from: Laiza, post: 1643069, member: 215
(Western games just give us basically no representation. If I have to play a literal lizard race to get representation... that's not representation.)
USER WAS WARNED FOR WHATABOUTISM ABOUT REPRESENTATION FOR THE LIZARD PEOPLE WHO SECRETLY CONTROL THE GLOBAL NEW WORLD ORDER

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5548 on: December 03, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1303287/

Maybe put a bit more nuance and be a bit more sensible in future then than your original comment I replied to was, which was lacking completely in nuance and really not sensible.

You buying it day 1 is irrelevant to my point and the discussion and leads me to believe you don't understand what the phrase 'jumping the gun' means but whatever.

Let's not further derail the thread since it's about the tablet resolution anyway.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The original post ?
720p docked?

Rip hopes and dreams
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1483124/

That looks...fine? I expected to see an old Sierra adventure game going by earlier comments.

Much nuance such sensible, unlike the haterz  ::)

Turns out everyone has to concede the game doesn't look good in portable mode now that it's available.
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #5549 on: December 03, 2017, 02:04:28 AM »
PS
@all
Disabling ad blocker might reduce the chances of an unfortunate scenario

:lol :lol

Bore Expert

« Reply #5550 on: December 03, 2017, 02:06:46 AM »
i can't find shit even when i Google evilore. everything before the great escape leads to an invalid link even his statement.

He scrubbed it all

in the shower

Without even asking.

Business as usual.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5551 on: December 03, 2017, 02:08:36 AM »

User Warning: Drive By Posting of Console War nature

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1299126/
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #5552 on: December 03, 2017, 02:30:26 AM »
It’s not that unrealistic to expect an exclusive to run at or close to 720p in the handheld. Splatoon and other games may look less demanding but they are pushing double the framerate....which means double the GPU load. Not to mention there’s a lot of stuff going on the screen on Zelda, Splatoon etc.
sounds bulletproof, i see no flaws in this logic etc.

thetylerrob

« Reply #5553 on: December 03, 2017, 02:56:01 AM »
Western games are for gorillas, they all boil down to the same shit. Japan is back on top baby. :miyamoto

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5554 on: December 03, 2017, 03:02:59 AM »

User Warning: Drive By Posting of Console War nature

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1299126/
Ahh the simpler days, when nerds used to get angry at each other over purchasing regret and fomo :rejoice

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5555 on: December 03, 2017, 04:28:44 AM »

I wish I was on the podcast.

*Starts smearing shoe polish on face*

Got you covered, my man.

Bore Expert

« Reply #5556 on: December 03, 2017, 04:35:04 AM »

Got you covered, my man.

Careful kiddo.

benjipwns

« Reply #5557 on: December 03, 2017, 04:42:25 AM »

Got you covered, my man.
Look, look, we gotta agree on this: the whole idea is getting the right color shoe polish.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5558 on: December 03, 2017, 05:00:18 AM »
I stop watching Coen brothers movies because it’s almost white cast only.

If they don’t bother diversity on casting, I don’t bother watching their white movies.

I thought jews were a minority :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #5559 on: December 03, 2017, 05:19:13 AM »
Literally, watching tv shows all about white people is unhealthy, specifically for children. People not consuming all white mass media is not what's toxic here, that's pure bullshit from a ridiculous but typical mind state. Turns out, when you consume too much mass media made by and for a hegemonic group, it's literally harmful.

De-colonizing your mind and watching the media you consume is self preservation. "Turning your brain off" and letting one group of people help shape your world view, while pretending people like you exist or matter is dumb as fuck.
I am of the reverse mindset. It always weirds me out when they throw in the token minority as a way to show diversity. I guess it's better to do that. But sometimes when I watched the Walking Dead I was thinking, in deep Georgia are people really going to band together, be as welcoming to people of color, LGBT individuals in a zombie apocalypse like the show portrays. Friends to me is realer than a Community where you think a rich white guy, a dorky black guy, a weird Palestinian guy, a nerdy jewish girl, a mother figure black woman all become friends. That doesn't happen. 2017 tells us this. I live in what many consider one of the most multicultural hubs in the world. All I see is increasing ethnic segregation.

I also accept my worldview is characterized by already dominant white supremacy and white proliferation however. I can envision a day though when people will say that having single ethnicity families is weird on television.
this thread is great, i love resetera

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5560 on: December 03, 2017, 05:29:58 AM »
WHITE PROLIFERATION
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #5561 on: December 03, 2017, 05:30:00 AM »
would resetera allow us to go back to the good ol days of hanging people for being the wrong kind of white? :thinking

as himu accurately pointed out, and i'm using her exact words of course, there's good blacks (ones from Africa who came here for education and/or winning defensive player of the year awards and will then return home to the country of Africa) and bad blacks (ones from Africa whose ancestors came here against their will but and/or ones who stay in Africa)

so resetera should be progressive enough to understand there are good whites (anglo-saxon protestants from royal or noble lineage), acceptable whites (Scandanavians), bad whites (Slavs and Catholics) and the Irish. (Italians are not white, as proven by these 19th century political cartoons I have showing them wearing sombreros proving that they are Mexicans and thus rapists or murderers although some, I assume are good people. Like the ones who made spaghetti westerns.)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5562 on: December 03, 2017, 05:36:54 AM »

NeoGAF
Admin : Guest
Please mail me at <invalid adress> for any enquiry.
It's over, period. EviLore lost his last ace, and that's the end of NeoGAF's hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for NeoGAF. EviLore has nothing left, nothing he can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in NeoGAF. Except if they want to troll. Which you can do at ResetERA at this point.

The age of NeoGAF is done.

benjipwns

« Reply #5563 on: December 03, 2017, 05:45:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-someone-explain-how-warnings-on-era-work.8958/

Please keep such discussion out of the thread.
The OP's request was granted.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5564 on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1612234/

Thread to bookmark as future reference for the next big ERA debate on used games and abusive videogame EULAs.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #5565 on: December 03, 2017, 06:18:20 AM »
I wonder why Cena would flip the car when he clearly knew the contract explicitly forbid it? The only thing I can think of, other than stupidity, is that he took legal advice before selling it, and has been advised that the contract isn’t as ironclad as Ford think it is. Seems unlikely though. I would imagine Ford have better lawyers than Cena.
well, thanks i guess

benjipwns

« Reply #5566 on: December 03, 2017, 06:21:47 AM »
Common sense dictates that buying a 450k car is about more than raw performance––it's primarily a status symbol. Being a car enthusiast might blind you to this fact that would be plainly apparent to anyone else. And clearly Ford does not command the came cachet as, well, almost anything else.
Wouldn't common sense dictate that buying any car is about more than "raw performance"? Whatever they mean by that.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #5568 on: December 03, 2017, 06:55:00 AM »
I forget she's from Canada, scalping isn't illegal in the U.S. writ large.

Neither is ticket resale.

Especially on Indian Reservations.

USER WAS WARNED FOR I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5569 on: December 03, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1614124/

There are a bunch of people on here who don't know much about anything outside of games and memes.

Another one who didn't took Shinobi's manifesto to heart :ussrcry
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #5571 on: December 03, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »
https://twitter.com/MoeGamer/status/937269182365827072

"libellous" :rofl

This weeb is mad as FUCK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5572 on: December 03, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1667786/

This strategy from Mueller raises a few questions though. Why would he agree to a light sentencing for Flynn in exchange for Kush testimony? Doesn't Mueller already have a shitton of evidence against Kush? Trying to establish backchannel? Failing to disclose contacts?

And what will it take to indict Don Jr? It seems that evidence is in front of us: secret Trump Tower meeting, emails, etc. I hope Mueller doesn't have to flip Kush or someone else for what looks like a slam dunk case. I say this because I want all of these fuckers to rot in jail for years, and I'm disappointed that Flynn got off so light.

Maybe don't assume guilt and what evidence an ongoing investigation does or does not have. Also maybe reconsider your standard for solid evidence. Also forward the BowieZ NeoGAF posts cracking Trump treason open to those amateurs at the FBI.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5573 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:10 AM »

Maldito idiota.
You're right. The whole argument pretty much falls flat on its face by saying that no economic success would be the only symptom of white supremacy. The follow up question would be what exactly Colin believes white surpemacy is.

It is a dumb opinion but it's surprising that this earned him the Voldemort treatment while so many other people who say stupid shit aren't declared unmentionable

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5575 on: December 03, 2017, 10:41:19 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253084189

HE LIVES

We'll talk soon. Thanks. And by we'll talk I mean I'll talk and you will listen to know how best to help me identify the rats trying to harm our community and who brainwashed our fellow GAFfers by poisoning their Nescafé.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #5576 on: December 03, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

Maldito idiota.
You're right. The whole argument pretty much falls flat on its face by saying that no economic success would be the only symptom of white supremacy. The follow up question would be what exactly Colin believes white surpemacy is.

It is a dumb opinion but it's surprising that this earned him the Voldemort treatment while so many other people who say stupid shit aren't declared unmentionable

Definitely not Voldemort material. Just a dumbass lmao
IYKYK

Rman

« Reply #5578 on: December 03, 2017, 10:56:13 AM »
What are Resettlement Advisors? Are they mini mods or something? They seem to push their weight around more than mods.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5579 on: December 03, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
What are Resettlement Advisors? Are they mini mods or something? They seem to push their weight around more than mods.

I think it's an honorific status for some of the people who served as liaisons in the different discords to help organize migration. It's not too surprising that it correlates with "self avowed opinion leaders" or "personalities" quite a bit.
ὕβρις