Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174216 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7380 on: December 24, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »
What's with people who post like that?
It is just so tiring...to have to explain this...constantly.

benjipwns

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7381 on: December 24, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
Mocking people who seem to be in legit distress over their place in the world; real pieces of work* you guys are.

*shit
User was warned (24h) for transphobic whataboutism and being tiring.

Himu

« Reply #7382 on: December 24, 2017, 01:34:56 AM »
I definitely think they're going too far with the mockery. At the same time I think the people in that thread need to get a fucking grip and a thicker skin. You can disagree with Chapelle without losing your shit about it. Like, afaik and I could be wrong, there is no confirmation there are trans jokes in the Christmas specials he's got coming out so having "distress" over percieved jokes, that might be real is beyond ridiculous.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #7383 on: December 24, 2017, 01:48:18 AM »
So what if there are jokes? Or not even jokes, extended rants about the inhumanity of trans people along with Mac-like unimpeachable charts supporting his theories against the Science bitches. They've already dismissed him as an old bigoted baby boomer.

So why is a thread about him or his specials a flashpoint for their descriptive unloading of personal struggles? Let alone a reflection of their class' place in global society writ large. He's already a non-person.

I'll bet they think this song is about them.

benjipwns

« Reply #7384 on: December 24, 2017, 02:04:06 AM »
 :badass :umad

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:pitbull
[close]

Himu

« Reply #7385 on: December 24, 2017, 02:04:51 AM »
I give a fuck because I am also trans and they are in for a long fight if something like Chapelle bothers them so much. I understand why they don't like the jokes, as I explained before I don't like them myself. But I genuinely think they're psyching themselves out and giving themselves unneeded stress. It's like freaking out any time Trump administration does something bad. Yes, Trump administration does bad and fucked up things. But if you freaked out about every thing they did, you wouldn't have any life life. That isn't to say that I'm arguing to stop caring. Care all you want, but there comes a time when getting mad every day solves very little. It's a lot like this situation. Care all you want about Chapelle and his cheeseburger jokes. It's normal and pretty understandable to not like them. But the reaction in the thread is so far beyond that. Why do that to yourself? Why give someone you don't know so much power?
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7386 on: December 24, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
I definitely think they're going too far with the mockery. At the same time I think the people in that thread need to get a fucking grip and a thicker skin. You can disagree with Chapelle without losing your shit about it. Like, afaik and I could be wrong, there is no confirmation there are trans jokes in the Christmas specials he's got coming out so having "distress" over percieved jokes, that might be real is beyond ridiculous.

As someone that’s seen him live twice this year: there are.
serge

Himu

« Reply #7387 on: December 24, 2017, 02:10:12 AM »
Basically, it's called welcome to being a minority in America. It ain't fun. It ain't fun and games. That doesn't mean to shut up and take it, but learn to fight the right battles, don't get offended by every damn thing. Being a minority is like that. In order to fight for a new day you lick your wombs, get the fuck up, and move on with your life. If black folks got mad at every damn thing that happens to us every day there would a helluva lot less niccas.

That's why I said above that it feels like a lot of them are still in baby trans phase. Where is the growth?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7388 on: December 24, 2017, 02:10:35 AM »

Oh well!
IYKYK

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7389 on: December 24, 2017, 02:25:11 AM »

Does he ever punch down?  As a fancier of humor I know that punch up =  ;) and punch down =  :maf.  If you could rate your outings to his "comedy" shows as either  ;) or  :maf I would be grateful so I can know if I should watch it or boycott it. Just like I boycotted the Trump inauguration.

sigh

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7390 on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2448768/

Member was warned for attacking other members

Quote from: meppi64, post: 2448768, member: 18191
Ah, so that's where bishoptl ended up!

such a softball but people cried anyways :lol
Reddit mod of several gaming subreddits (Destiny,BnS,TERA,others) is on a ban powertrip

benjipwns

« Reply #7391 on: December 24, 2017, 02:30:02 AM »
Christmas triggers me.
it's your birthday, not the day they killed you and then everyone waited in anticipation for you to come back

benjipwns

« Reply #7392 on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2448768/

Member was warned for attacking other members

Quote from: meppi64, post: 2448768, member: 18191
Ah, so that's where bishoptl ended up!

such a softball but people cried anyways :lol
Reddit mod of several gaming subreddits (Destiny,BnS,TERA,others) is on a ban powertrip

You are talking about an unorganized chat messaging styled site with a community that has no problem burying others for having a different opinion. It's fine for news and things you have interest in, but most of the comments seem to people dropping one liners and having a joke contest.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:45:04 AM by benjipwns »

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #7393 on: December 24, 2017, 02:40:28 AM »
<a href="https://www.resetera.com/posts/2449288/}">Reddit mod of several gaming subreddits (Destiny,BnS,TERA,others) is on a ban powertrip</a>

Lol aeana has been in a downhill spiral since becoming a gaf mod xyears ago
dur

TVC15

« Reply #7394 on: December 24, 2017, 02:43:10 AM »

Does he ever punch down?  As a fancier of humor I know that punch up =  ;) and punch down =  :maf.  If you could rate your outings to his "comedy" shows as either  ;) or  :maf I would be grateful so I can know if I should watch it or boycott it. Just like I boycotted the Trump inauguration.

Well, I also saw him early last year, when he was doing material for the first specials. The trans stuff was in there. As we were walking out after the show, my friend and I discussed that Dave’s trans humor was about a decade past its expiration date and it would probably ruffle a lot of feathers today.

While walking out this year, we agreed that the trans humor was better—a significant part of it was about the backlash. There was still some rough material in there, like he says he’s still going to make fun of Caitlyn Jenner’s dick, but not because she’s trans, but because Caitlyn Jenner is a complete asshole. In short, the same people will have their feathers ruffled again. 

serge

benjipwns

« Reply #7395 on: December 24, 2017, 02:49:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ps4-has-been-rated-spoilers.12424/

LAST WARNING: SPOILERS FOR GOD OF WAR
Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of half-human, half-god-like Kratos as he battles supernatural forces with his son. From an over-the-shoulder perspective, players travel through the Norse wilderness and use axes, double-chained blades, and swords to battle various enemies (e.g., rival gods/demigods, monsters, dragons, skeleton warriors). Combat is frequent and often bloody, with characters punching and kicking each other repeatedly, using bladed weapons to slash/stab/impale enemies. Larger enemies and bosses are dispatched in more intense sequences of violence: Kratos slashing and stabbing a dragon's tongue; a character using an axe to hook and tear off an ogre's jaw. During one sequence, players decapitate (off-screen) an imprisoned character and carry the severed head around; headless corpses also appear in other scenes. The words “f**k” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.
The words “f**k” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.

Is that necessary?
[close]
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #7396 on: December 24, 2017, 02:51:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2441077/
Oof. Would have preferred to not have been spoiled about

benjipwns

« Reply #7397 on: December 24, 2017, 02:53:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-ps4-has-been-rated-spoilers.12424/

LAST WARNING: SPOILERS FOR GOD OF WAR
Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language
Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of half-human, half-god-like Kratos as he battles supernatural forces with his son. From an over-the-shoulder perspective, players travel through the Norse wilderness and use axes, double-chained blades, and swords to battle various enemies (e.g., rival gods/demigods, monsters, dragons, skeleton warriors). Combat is frequent and often bloody, with characters punching and kicking each other repeatedly, using bladed weapons to slash/stab/impale enemies. Larger enemies and bosses are dispatched in more intense sequences of violence: Kratos slashing and stabbing a dragon's tongue; a character using an axe to hook and tear off an ogre's jaw. During one sequence, players decapitate (off-screen) an imprisoned character and carry the severed head around; headless corpses also appear in other scenes. The words “f**k” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.
The words “f**k” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.

Is that necessary?
[close]
[close]
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2441077/
Oof. Would have preferred to not have been spoiled about
grow up you petty fuck

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7398 on: December 24, 2017, 03:09:55 AM »
I expected better from this forum.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #7399 on: December 24, 2017, 03:19:35 AM »
I'm not sure why. Assimilate is Assimilate. Bunching him with the forum makes little sense. He's just one dude with his own opinions. I think Benji's behavior is disappointing but I'm not sure if he's being tongue in cheek and he can speak for himself. I maintain that it's absolutely reasonable to not like Chapelle's trans jokes. I sure don't. So they have my support. But what's happening in that thread goes beyond more than just criticism of his jokes.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #7400 on: December 24, 2017, 03:32:09 AM »

TVC15

« Reply #7401 on: December 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM »
I'm not sure why. Assimilate is Assimilate. Bunching him with the forum makes little sense. He's just one dude with his own opinions. I think Benji's behavior is disappointing but I'm not sure if he's being tongue in cheek and he can speak for himself. I maintain that it's absolutely reasonable to not like Chapelle's trans jokes. I sure don't. So they have my support. But what's happening in that thread goes beyond more than just criticism of his jokes.

Would you still let Swole Dave bang you if the opportunity came up. The first set I saw this year he did in a tank top <3
serge

Himu

« Reply #7402 on: December 24, 2017, 03:39:15 AM »
Maybe I'm approaching this too cynical. I'm sorry but if the greatest adversity you face as a trans person is dealing with some comedians jokes it's hard to take you seriously. Getting mad at them, not liking them? Okay. But putting that much stock and energy in them? Meanwhile there's those of us who have been disowned by our families or are so estranged at this point we might as well be disowned and it's the holidays. It's like, who gives a shit. Caring what some man you'll never meet thinks about trans people for more than 10 minutes after spending a holiday alone because your family thinks you're a disgusting, sinful cheeseburger sure seems cute. Like I said, baby trans shit. Grow into a shark and step your pussy up.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7403 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:16 AM »
Being slightly serious

But not some of these people. The identity is so important to them rather than just being who they are. It's almost as if they had no identity before they came out to others as LGBT so now this is their new identity. Because they're that boring. Or maybe because they really care that much.

It's not that simple. I know people who have let LGBTQ  become their identity, but they weren't nobodies before. They had identity and they had friendly communities they belonged to and who didn't oust them when they "came out". But then one day the sexuality or the trans is their whole thing. Their politics change, their interests change, and their "them" vanishes.

It's not like coming out of the closet. It's more like going into a large group closet where nobody but the people in the closet can reach you and everyone in that closet is highly paranoid, protective of and infatuated with the group.

Clockwork5

« Reply #7404 on: December 24, 2017, 03:43:14 AM »
Why do you even give a shit?

I just watch Dave Chappelle and move on personally.   This isn't some idiot getting upset that his pedo anime games are mocked; it's people who most certainly suffer from mockery and prejudice in real life being upset.  Over-sensitive?  Maybe; but jesus.. grow up you petty fuck.  When mouth breathers like Assimilate are the only people hi-fiving your mockery, take a deep, dark look at yourself.

I'm partly being hyperbolic for shits and giggles.
While I certainly don't wish ill on anyone, I also can't help but appreciate the irony of watching them rant about intolerance in their little, carefully moderated snow globe.

:trumps

Himu

« Reply #7405 on: December 24, 2017, 03:45:07 AM »

Would you still let Swole Dave bang you if the opportunity came up. The first set I saw this year he did in a tank top <3

I would not fuck Chappelle for free. He has a great body but his face isn't my thing. I'd charge him.

I'd make him my sugar daddy and pay all my bills.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7406 on: December 24, 2017, 03:52:34 AM »
Being slightly serious

But not some of these people. The identity is so important to them rather than just being who they are. It's almost as if they had no identity before they came out to others as LGBT so now this is their new identity. Because they're that boring. Or maybe because they really care that much.

It's not that simple. I know people who have let LGBTQ  become their identity, but they weren't nobodies before. They had identity and they had friendly communities they belonged to and who didn't oust them when they "came out". But then one day the sexuality or the trans is their whole thing. Their politics change, their interests change, and their "them" vanishes.

It's not like coming out of the closet. It's more like going into a large group closet where nobody but the people in the closet can reach you and everyone in that closet is highly paranoid, protective of and infatuated with the group.

Contrary to popular memetic belief, there really is an LGBT agenda. It's not what conservatives describe it as, to be true. But it exists in some form. There's a line. As an LGBT person, especially in a place like the Bay Area, where you live, you are expected to not cross this line. You adhere to the line and you mustn't deviate too far from it. Otherwise you're being "problematic".

But like I said, being gung-ho and being all LGBT pride and stuff after first coming out is fucking normal. But it generally settles.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #7407 on: December 24, 2017, 03:53:26 AM »
I think Benji's behavior is disappointing but I'm not sure if he's being tongue in cheek and he can speak for himself.
They don't need any kind of reason to dislike Dave Chappelle or his jokes or not want to see his specials or anything or anything else. Because he made an apparently bigoted joke about trans people (I'm not aware of the specific joke as I did not watch his special because he's black like dunkey) is as good as any other reason someone might have.

If I am doing mocking in this thread, though I feel it's often more of pointing out things I find amusing, it can be as much if not more because of phrasing, terminologies, logic, decision making that came to the post as much as the content/complaint. (Which is often why I don't link or name the specific poster, especially if the thread is clear.) Like the post above, the guy complaining about being spoiled, going into a thread marked that it has God of War spoilers. Could I formulate a critique of spoiler culture (which DOES NOT EXIST) that probably undergirds my finding the whole thing amusing from the thread warning to the complaints? Sure, probably. By the same token might I note some silly overreaction and dramatic attempts to make a thread about a comedian releasing specials into a thread about themselves by some posters, two of which are obvious trolls, of course because I actually did do that. Along with poking at the "it's so tiring" cliche response, nonsensical comparisons to 70 year old unknown British comedy acts, and the incessant need to remind others that PEOPLE ARE DYING when you follow a deliberately mapped chain of one-way causality that never changes. All while also insisting that the latest non-person is a thing of ancient history but also lurking to potentially at any moment rise up and...give encouragement to the gamergate movement to launch more of those smug punchable faces of harassment against the real victim: benjipwns, notorious doxxer and stalker who is definitely not comedian Norm MacDonald or associated with any YouTube channel about comedian Norm MacDonald.

benjipwns

« Reply #7408 on: December 24, 2017, 03:58:11 AM »
I think Benji's behavior is disappointing but I'm not sure if he's being tongue in cheek and he can speak for himself.
They don't need any kind of reason to dislike Dave Chappelle or his jokes or not want to see his specials or anything or anything else. Because he made an apparently bigoted joke about trans people (I'm not aware of the specific joke as I did not watch his special because he's black like dunkey) is as good as any other reason someone might have.

If I am doing mocking in this thread, though I feel it's often more of pointing out things I find amusing, it can be as much if not more because of phrasing, terminologies, logic, decision making that came to the post as much as the content/complaint. (Which is often why I don't link or name the specific poster, especially if the thread is clear.) Like the post above, the guy complaining about being spoiled, going into a thread marked that it has God of War spoilers. Could I formulate a critique of spoiler culture (which DOES NOT EXIST) that probably undergirds my finding the whole thing amusing from the thread warning to the complaints? Sure, probably. By the same token might I note some silly overreaction and dramatic attempts to make a thread about a comedian releasing specials into a thread about themselves by some posters, two of which are obvious trolls, of course because I actually did do that. Along with poking at the "it's so tiring" cliche response, nonsensical comparisons to 70 year old unknown British comedy acts, and the incessant need to remind others that PEOPLE ARE DYING when you follow a deliberately mapped chain of one-way causality that never changes. All while also insisting that the latest non-person is a thing of ancient history but also lurking to potentially at any moment rise up and...give encouragement to the gamergate movement to launch more of those smug punchable faces of harassment against the real victim: benjipwns, notorious doxxer and stalker who is definitely not comedian Norm MacDonald or associated with any YouTube channel about comedian Norm MacDonald.

benjipwns

« Reply #7409 on: December 24, 2017, 04:25:02 AM »
The apathy is absolutely soul-wrenching.
i've had about enough of your anti-christmas agenda

benjipwns

« Reply #7410 on: December 24, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »
i'm sorry wrath, i don't mean that, you know how i get without jack's calming presence around the forums

especially ever since i drove the walrus away with my inability to let others love me

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:01:20 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Borealis

« Reply #7412 on: December 24, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jake-paul-bronson-and-slays-arch-rival-plans-to-become-youtubes-first-billionaire.12481/

Jake Paul (Bronson and Slay's Arch Rival) Plans to Become YouTube's First Billionaire

This terribly lame "inside joke" title is exactly why ERA can never move past the circlejerks that made OT so unbearable on GAF.

The Paul brothers are scum, but the fake-positive worship of OT "power" users and lack of self-awareness from posters is fucking hilarious.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7413 on: December 24, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
Always a joy to see those geeks whose open mindedness was dyed in society's contempt for their hobbies go straight to cranky old man knee jerks when faced with their disconnect with popular youth culture.

Maybe not unrelated to the hard ons of some fans for keeping old stuff like Star Wars at the forefront as a grip on the mind of the masses.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:02:55 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7414 on: December 24, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »

Shuri

« Reply #7415 on: December 24, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »
Anecdote time.

a close friend of mine is gay and he's deep into the gay scene and the community and activisms and all that jazz, and we were talking about stand up comics, and the subject of Eddie Murphy's RAW and Chappelle's jokes, and he said that himself, personally, laughed his ass off at the sillyness of Eddie Murphy's "Gay police" skit. His reasoning that that those kind of jokes are somewhat harmless, but that he drew the line at Anything that was degrading, demeaning, humiliating or prone violence against gay people.

I felt that Chappelle's trans part seriously felt out of touch, I must say.

So my friend is  in his early fifties, so he's from another generation that still had to keep his orientation secret, as people were pretty hostile back then. Maybe he just grew a very thick skin over time. He said he used to be fucked with a lot when he was younger and got into lots of fights with skinheads and stuff like that back in the days. It was way harsher back then for gay people,  but he didnt downplay how hard it still is today.   He said he was also struggling with the new era of internet activism, he said he simply didn't like the almost vengeful tone that he finds in newcomers.  He understands the frustrations and struggles of the youth coming up, but he's a bit worried that this 'payback' tone will eventually take over. He's been at this for a long time, so it was interesting to hear his worries.

I wonder if it's a point of view that is shared a lot between "older" gay community people.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7416 on: December 24, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »
So Durante (one of the mods on RE) and a few other posters dog piled on NXGamer, a small one man run channel who makes videos similar to Digital Foundry. Like I said, he’s small so he doesn’t have the resources that DF has. They basically called him bad at his job, even though Durante admitted to not watching his videos in over a year. This caused NXGamer to step down from his analysis videos.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2463009/

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:56:36 AM by EightBitNate »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7417 on: December 24, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
What comedians do they listen to then?
patton oswald is probably acceptable.

unfortunately he's not very funny, but you do what you can.

Who is funny

Himu

« Reply #7418 on: December 24, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
Anecdote time.

a close friend of mine is gay and he's deep into the gay scene and the community and activisms and all that jazz, and we were talking about stand up comics, and the subject of Eddie Murphy's RAW and Chappelle's jokes, and he said that himself, personally, laughed his ass off at the sillyness of Eddie Murphy's "Gay police" skit. His reasoning that that those kind of jokes are somewhat harmless, but that he drew the line at Anything that was degrading, demeaning, humiliating or prone violence against gay people.

I felt that Chappelle's trans part seriously felt out of touch, I must say.

So my friend is  in his early fifties, so he's from another generation that still had to keep his orientation secret, as people were pretty hostile back then. Maybe he just grew a very thick skin over time. He said he used to be fucked with a lot when he was younger and got into lots of fights with skinheads and stuff like that back in the days. It was way harsher back then for gay people,  but he didnt downplay how hard it still is today.   He said he was also struggling with the new era of internet activism, he said he simply didn't like the almost vengeful tone that he finds in newcomers.  He understands the frustrations and struggles of the youth coming up, but he's a bit worried that this 'payback' tone will eventually take over. He's been at this for a long time, so it was interesting to hear his worries.

I wonder if it's a point of view that is shared a lot between "older" gay community people.

Sounds about right.

These new kids, I tell you what. I really want to go in that Chappelle thread and ask how long each person who is T has been in the community. Guarantee most responses will be one, maybe two years.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:05:45 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7419 on: December 24, 2017, 11:11:46 AM »
So Durante (one of the mods on RE) and a few other posters dog piled on NXGamer, a small one man run channel who makes videos similar to Digital Foundry. Like I said, he’s small so he doesn’t have the resources that DF has. They basically called him bad at his job, even though Durante admitted to not watching his videos in over a year. This caused NXGamer to step down from his analysis videos.

We were supposed to be better than GAF. :brazilcry
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7420 on: December 24, 2017, 11:17:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2463125/

Please try to forget my badge and stick  :wag
ὕβρις

Leadbelly

« Reply #7421 on: December 24, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
Don't patronize me or anyone else fighting this, please.

Let me make myself as clear as I possibly can. Absolutely none of us expect anyone to instantly support us. This world hates people of non-conforming gender. And we are all too well aware of it. We might as well not exist.

But if I can be completely honest with you, I think you're completely wrong. You should never stop fighting for respect and dignity and for people to treat you like an equal. The simple fact of the matter is that there are institutions and government and society that dictate our abilities to lead happy lives. For some reason a lot of people have decided that things like black and white children going to the same school, Women being able to vote, and gay people being able to marry what all issues worth fighting for to the death. But you're really going to sit at your computer and type away at me that being treated with dignity and humanity and respect and having my identity recognized it's just a step too fucking far and I should just get the fuck over it? I refuse.

You can call me a baby. You can call me too sensitive. You can call me an Social Studies Warrior for all I care. But for as long as I live I will never stop fighting this bullshit ever. No matter how tired I get of people like you Who are perfectly fine laying down and getting fucked in the ass by this world and taking it and people like everyone in this thread who wants to pretend like this isnt a problem.

I will NEVER stop.
there's no way Cream is not a troll.

:dead :dead :dead :dead :dead :dead

I've not heard Chappelle's trans jokes, so I'm not going to comment on that. I can understand trans people being upset by being mocked in general, but the things I've bolded were all about equality in the law. Having your feelings hurt is not comparable to those issues.

agrajag

« Reply #7422 on: December 24, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »

Durante starting that dogpile was really poor form. We were supposed to be better than GAF.   

:neogaf

Edit: damnit Vom!

agrajag

« Reply #7423 on: December 24, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
This place is slowly becoming what it avoided to be when they called it Reset Era. Toxic discussions more and more frequent lately.

I don't even care if they will warn or ban me for saying this. Can't stand hypocrisy   

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7424 on: December 24, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
Who is funny
Chappelle
Jim Norton
Patrice O'Neal (RIP)
Louis CK
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Nick Di Paolo
Hannibal Burress
Mike Birbiglia
Bobby Kelly
Artie Lange
Gilbert Gottfried
Norm Macdonald

Jansen

« Reply #7425 on: December 24, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »

Such a lame attempt by Durante to justify being an asshole :lol

Bananas

« Reply #7426 on: December 24, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »

The irony of banning him must have went over their head

What irony? Any forum with moderation would have banned/warned him.

If anything the real issue is why anyone that has issue with Era moderation would post there?

agrajag

« Reply #7427 on: December 24, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »
Lol he backpedaled, probably out of fear of being demodded and denutted

Leadbelly

« Reply #7428 on: December 24, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »

Well, it's not really that he wants people to forget he is a mod, it's more that he wants it both ways. When he posts in red he is a mod, when he doesn't he is your average poster. That may seem like the most asinine distinction imaginable, but consider this: he's like your typical superhero; his shitposts are when he is Clark Kent. When he switches into red he is Superman.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:57:56 AM by Leadbelly »

Clockwork5

« Reply #7429 on: December 24, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2468480/

I know this isn't a political topic but who are we kidding 90% of this place is liberal, and if there's 1 thing liberals are good at it's turning on their own in record time.

1 mistake, or perceived mistake, and you're gone. No matter how small it was. I do find it somewhat humorous that we're apparently accusing Durante of starting or at least joining in on the dogpiling of NX and the result is this thread is now about dogpiling on Durante.

Real talk with Derrick01.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7430 on: December 24, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »

We were supposed to be better than GAF. :brazilcry

"Oh, wow, that's honestly embarrassing and irresponsible of Durante. He's a cool dude, I expected better of him."

He's a loli gamer, boi. :gurl

Pills Here

« Reply #7431 on: December 24, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »

I like how Durante's apology was in bold, red text like it was  sort of significant announcement. Cunts.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7432 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »

I loved that he made DSfix but the dude is a dick and not a funny one. I don't think anyone is surprised if you followed some of the discussions he appears in. :lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #7433 on: December 24, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »

I like how Durante's apology was in bold, red text like it was  sort of significant announcement. Cunts.

lol

Well, he is not a moderator if he doesn't post in red so it wouldn't mean anything otherwise. He needs to make sure everyone knows it's Durante the moderator posting of course.

:rollsafe

agrajag

« Reply #7434 on: December 24, 2017, 12:12:42 PM »
       Yep. It was inevitable. The internet is a negative place and GAF was a super negative place. There was a bit of a honeymoon phase here were people were more positive and nicer to each other, but it’s pretty much just GAF with a new name and no mods so of course the tone would go back to the same quickly since it’s the same vocal posters for the most part.

It just is what it is. I’m thinking hard about quitting this and all social aspects of the internet. At a minimum I’m going to resolve to not look at any forums, comments, social media etc. for January and go from there.

Era is breaking people

Clockwork5

« Reply #7435 on: December 24, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »

I loved that he made DSfix but the dude is a dick and not a funny one. I don't think anyone is surprised if you followed some of the discussions he appears in. :lol

When I first joined GAF, Durante was the first preferred member who resorted to insults and attempting to make me feel like a worthless Junior when he took issue with something I said. I saw he had a tag and that everyone bowed down and sucked the dick of every one of his posts so I just dropped it.  Dude is an asshole and I am in no way surprised by his conduct as a moderator.

Bravotyler

« Reply #7436 on: December 24, 2017, 12:15:35 PM »
Quote from: tlhm94
As someone who was very critical of your posting in that other thread, just wanted to say BRAVO for this apology. In a year where everyone just assumes all apologies are by default bullshit and insincere and thoughtless, this one absolutely was none of those things. I hope anyone wanting you to stop being a mode sees this post and reconsiders their position since ^^^this is exactly the kinda of personality that is helpful to thriving communities. Being flexible enough to apologize if something everyone should aspire to, especially on 'teh internetz' where admitting wrong doing seems utterly impossible for most. Dark's posts are also fantstic. I sincerely hope NX Gamer reconsiders his decision and that we can all learn from this situation and promote various folks offering technical analyses. I also hope folks realize how difficult NX/DF have it in trying to analyze technical stuff only by seeing the output of the tech producing it in-game. Ppl take that for granted sometimes.

Clockwork5

« Reply #7437 on: December 24, 2017, 12:18:38 PM »
Quote from: tlhm94
As someone who was very critical of your posting in that other thread, just wanted to say BRAVO for this apology. In a year where everyone just assumes all apologies are by default bullshit and insincere and thoughtless, this one absolutely was none of those things. I hope anyone wanting you to stop being a mode sees this post and reconsiders their position since ^^^this is exactly the kinda of personality that is helpful to thriving communities. Being flexible enough to apologize if something everyone should aspire to, especially on 'teh internetz' where admitting wrong doing seems utterly impossible for most. Dark's posts are also fantstic. I sincerely hope NX Gamer reconsiders his decision and that we can all learn from this situation and promote various folks offering technical analyses. I also hope folks realize how difficult NX/DF have it in trying to analyze technical stuff only by seeing the output of the tech producing it in-game. Ppl take that for granted sometimes.

But wait. The dogpiling he did was in black text but the apology was in red text. He really should apologize as a poster, not a mod.  :doge

Clockwork5

« Reply #7438 on: December 24, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2469398/

And Shinobi, being fairly reasonable as usual, locked the thread.

I'll be looking forward to the next near mutiny.

Jansen

« Reply #7439 on: December 24, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
Now the guy gets his dick sucked for being a big man and apologizing :rofl

How about don't be an asshole and then you won't need to say you are sorry