Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174397 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7440 on: December 24, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
The Cornell/Coates thread has turned into a fight with a Malcolm X fanboy.

:delicious

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7441 on: December 24, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
Hope Durante doesnt go off the deep end and fuck projects up for XSeed, you'd think they'd stop hiring fucking lunatics they meet on neogaf after one or two were crazy and set back releases by years

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7442 on: December 24, 2017, 01:20:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-democrats-expel-cenk-uygur-and-david-young-after-archived-blog-posts-emerge.12396/
Oh hey, Chunk Yogurt turned out to be an asshole? Who didnt see this coming?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didnt, I watched their shit for months before bailing :goldberg
[close]

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7443 on: December 24, 2017, 01:22:27 PM »
Durante provided a public service with DSFix but I never thought the dude was a good poster or all that level-headed.

:yeshrug

Go look at any heated argument he's ever been in. He generally talks down to people, even over super petty shit like his preference for real-time-with-pauses vs. turned based combat in RPGs. As a poster, he's just another fanboy.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #7444 on: December 24, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »
Anecdote time.

a close friend of mine is gay and he's deep into the gay scene and the community and activisms and all that jazz, and we were talking about stand up comics, and the subject of Eddie Murphy's RAW and Chappelle's jokes, and he said that himself, personally, laughed his ass off at the sillyness of Eddie Murphy's "Gay police" skit. His reasoning that that those kind of jokes are somewhat harmless, but that he drew the line at Anything that was degrading, demeaning, humiliating or prone violence against gay people.

I felt that Chappelle's trans part seriously felt out of touch, I must say.

So my friend is  in his early fifties, so he's from another generation that still had to keep his orientation secret, as people were pretty hostile back then. Maybe he just grew a very thick skin over time. He said he used to be fucked with a lot when he was younger and got into lots of fights with skinheads and stuff like that back in the days. It was way harsher back then for gay people,  but he didnt downplay how hard it still is today.   He said he was also struggling with the new era of internet activism, he said he simply didn't like the almost vengeful tone that he finds in newcomers.  He understands the frustrations and struggles of the youth coming up, but he's a bit worried that this 'payback' tone will eventually take over. He's been at this for a long time, so it was interesting to hear his worries.

I wonder if it's a point of view that is shared a lot between "older" gay community people.

I hope this friend exists, and isn't a projection, because this is a good anecdote.
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #7445 on: December 24, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
       Yep. It was inevitable. The internet is a negative place and GAF was a super negative place. There was a bit of a honeymoon phase here were people were more positive and nicer to each other, but it’s pretty much just GAF with a new name and no mods so of course the tone would go back to the same quickly since it’s the same vocal posters for the most part.

It just is what it is. I’m thinking hard about quitting this and all social aspects of the internet. At a minimum I’m going to resolve to not look at any forums, comments, social media etc. for January and go from there.

Era is breaking people

Link to post.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #7446 on: December 24, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/justice-democrats-expel-cenk-uygur-and-david-young-after-archived-blog-posts-emerge.12396/
Oh hey, Chunk Yogurt turned out to be an asshole? Who didnt see this coming?
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didnt, I watched their shit for months before bailing :goldberg
[close]

Yeah. I used to watch TYT. I think the reason I didn't realise how much of an asshole Cenk is was because it was at a time when his views aligned with a lot of people. The Bush administration had pushed the US into a very unpopular war on false pretences. The Bush administration were creating unpopular laws like the patriot act. Later when Obama first got in power we had Drone strikes. We learnt that the NSA were spying on whole swathes of people. There were a lot of things going on that made criticism of the US and the West in general in some ways legitimate.

I think the reason my views have changed on Cenk, and also Glenn Greenwald, Noam Chomsky, etc, (I used to listen to these people too) isn't because they have changed, it's actually because the facts have changed and everyone has moved on, yet they have refused to modify their views in order to accommodate reality. All of these people are described as what is now known as 'regressive leftists'. That wasn't so apparent when there were legitimate concerns being spoke about in the media on what the US government was doing.

Himu

« Reply #7447 on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
?

Qualify how Noam Chomsky is regressive left, Leadbelly? What has he said that's nearly on that level?
IYKYK

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7448 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »
Star Wars to me is the American myth. It follows the same structure of ancient mythical stories like the Bible, Koran, Greek Gods, etc.

Like how Tolkien set out to create a British myth in the vein of mythologies of old...Star Wars became the American mythology.

What the Greek Gods were to Ancient Greece, what the Roman Gods were to Ancient Rome, what Koran/Torah/Bible was and still is, what Middle Earth is for Britian...Star Wars is that for America.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7449 on: December 24, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
?

Qualify how Noam Chomsky is regressive left, Leadbelly? What has he said that's nearly on that level?

Well, I will say Noam Chomsky isn't anywhere near as bad as someone like Cenk. The problem with Noam though is, he continues to make excuses for Islamists. So for example, I watched an interview he did with Ezra Levant, and when Ezra asked Noam what he thought the reason a group of men marched into the offices of Charlie Hebdo and gunned down the people inside was, he refused to ackowledge it had anything to do with Islam. He instead talked about them being Algerian(Not sure if that is correct. Something like that) and it was purely political.

Himu

« Reply #7450 on: December 24, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »
?

Well, I will say Noam Chomsky isn't anywhere near as bad as someone like Cenk. The problem with Noam though is, he continues to make excuses for Islamists. So for example, I watched an interview he did with Ezra Levant, and when Ezra asked Noam what he thought the reason a group of men marched into the offices of Charlie Hebdo and gunned down the people inside, he refused to ackowledge it had anything to do with Islam. He instead talked about them being Algerian(Not sure if that is correct. Something like that) and it was purely political.

And that's...all you can think of?

Is this the interview you speak of?

IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #7451 on: December 24, 2017, 02:40:10 PM »
?

Well, I will say Noam Chomsky isn't anywhere near as bad as someone like Cenk. The problem with Noam though is, he continues to make excuses for Islamists. So for example, I watched an interview he did with Ezra Levant, and when Ezra asked Noam what he thought the reason a group of men marched into the offices of Charlie Hebdo and gunned down the people inside, he refused to ackowledge it had anything to do with Islam. He instead talked about them being Algerian(Not sure if that is correct. Something like that) and it was purely political.

And that's...all you can think of?

Is this the interview you speak of?

Yes. That was an example.

Himu

« Reply #7452 on: December 24, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »
I will give the video a look and address it later after I finish the rest of my shopping. But calling Noam Chomsky "regressive left" just doesn't sit well with me. But then again a lot of my politics are shaped by Chomsky, so I might be taking this personal.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:51:13 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #7453 on: December 24, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »
I will give the video a look and address it later after I finish the rest of my shopping. But calling Noam Chomsky "regressive left" just does sit well with me. But then again a lot of my politics are shaped by Chomsky, so I might be taking this personal.

Look, I used to listen to Chomsky. As I mentioned. I'm not saying it as a complete hater.

Himu

« Reply #7454 on: December 24, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »
I will give the video a look and address it later after I finish the rest of my shopping. But calling Noam Chomsky "regressive left" just does sit well with me. But then again a lot of my politics are shaped by Chomsky, so I might be taking this personal.

Look, I used to listen to Chomsky. As I mentioned. I'm not saying it as a complete hater.

Understood.  I simply do not understand the logic in placing Cenk, Greenwald, and Chomsky in the same pile. Cenk and Chomksy are like water and oil despite both being left.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7455 on: December 24, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »
       Yep. It was inevitable. The internet is a negative place and GAF was a super negative place. There was a bit of a honeymoon phase here were people were more positive and nicer to each other, but it’s pretty much just GAF with a new name and no mods so of course the tone would go back to the same quickly since it’s the same vocal posters for the most part.

It just is what it is. I’m thinking hard about quitting this and all social aspects of the internet. At a minimum I’m going to resolve to not look at any forums, comments, social media etc. for January and go from there.

Era is breaking people

These people are already broken.  It takes a special kind of broken person to think that NeoGAF was a place worth posting, saw RejectEra, and thought "this place should be even more oppressive.  I need to sign up right now!"
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #7456 on: December 24, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
That said, the left does have a predisposition to not levy any meaningful criticism towards Islam, but it's completely earned given what many say about the religion. Criticizing Islam is dangerous in the sense that it makes it easy for people to misinterpret it as criticizing Muslims at large, which is largely tied to modern xenophobia, racism, and other kinds of hateful rhetoric. So I understand the aversion. It definitely requires skirting a delicate line.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7457 on: December 24, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »
Noam's problem is he inverted American exceptionalism. Instead of America being exempt from the rules, America is the only one that has to live up to standards. There is no longform view of history and no accountability for other nations and people.

He is also a starting point for a lot of regressives, but I recall that he's denounced their cultish manner and censorious ways. I wouldn't throw him in with that group, but the myopic view of only America does wrong sort of sets up young college kids for their own myopic view of the world.

Himu

« Reply #7458 on: December 24, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »
Olivia please shame my kinks: men with muscles, big black dick, cum.
IYKYK

Clockwork5

« Reply #7459 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:04 PM »
That said, the left does have a predisposition to not levy any meaningful criticism towards Islam, but it's completely earned given what many say about the religion. Criticizing Islam is dangerous in the sense that it makes it easy for people to misinterpret it as criticizing Muslims at large, which is largely tied to modern xenophobia, racism, and other kinds of hateful rhetoric. So I understand the aversion. It definitely requires skirting a delicate line.

No it doesn't. All it takes is a large helping of not-give-a-fuckery when someone jumps at the opportunity to defend that poisonous belief system.

Call me a racist for challenging a belief system that has made a history of constant violence, oppression and discrimination and watch me smile and continue to put that remedial world view on blast.

shosta

« Reply #7460 on: December 24, 2017, 02:58:45 PM »
?

Back when I used to be distinguished mentally-challenged I called him reactionary left. It just always seems like, whenever there's an opportunity to take a shit on hardworking politicians and the establishment, there he is. He's the patron saint of college inanity.

But then I realized he's right about everything he's ever said.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #7461 on: December 24, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
Noam's problem is he inverted American exceptionalism. Instead of America being exempt from the rules, America is the only one that has to live up to standards. There is no longform view of history and no accountability for other nations and people.

He is also a starting point for a lot of regressives, but I recall that he's denounced their cultish manner and censorious ways. I wouldn't throw him in with that group, but the myopic view of only America does wrong sort of sets up young college kids for their own myopic view of the world.

I think that's a limited grasp of Noam's definition of America's brand of exceptionalism. He says that the American exceptionalism isn't even unique, and that every major empire in the world has done similar.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:04:53 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7462 on: December 24, 2017, 03:02:51 PM »

No it doesn't. All it takes is a large helping of not-give-a-fuckery when someone jumps at the opportunity to defend that poisonous belief system.

Call me a racist for challenging a belief system that has made a history of constant violence, oppression and discrimination and watch me smile and continue to put that remedial world view on blast.

Ok.

?

Back when I used to be distinguished mentally-challenged I called him reactionary left. It just always seems like, whenever there's an opportunity to take a shit on hardworking politicians and the establishment, there he is. He's the patron saint of college inanity.

But then I realized he's right about everything he's ever said.

"Hardworking politicians". :lol Which ones were you thinking of at the time?
IYKYK

Bore Expert

« Reply #7463 on: December 24, 2017, 03:05:45 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253136955

Everyone I know really liked this movie who grew up with the OT. Not a surprise that the 10 Breittards that still post on this shell of a forum have turned this thread into an alternate reality echo chamber of whining and hyperbole based on a gamed RT score.

Another one bites the dust, see you around losers!

:badass

I don’t know if Gaf will recover from that beat down.

etiolate

« Reply #7464 on: December 24, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »

I think that's a limited grasp of Noam's definition of America's brand of exceptionalism. He says that the American exceptionalism isn't even unique, and that every major empire in the world has done similar.

I'm familiar with American Exceptionalism. My point is that Chomsky applies a double standard where if America can be blamed then that's what you focus on and other factors and reasons get ignored. This gets picked up on by youth and dishonest professors where a new exceptionalism occurs where America is uniquely at fault in all occasions.

Himu

« Reply #7465 on: December 24, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »

I'm familiar with American Exceptionalism. My point is that Chomsky applies a double standard where if America can be blamed then that's what you focus on and other factors and reasons get ignored. This gets picked up on by youth and dishonest professors where a new exceptionalism occurs where America is uniquely at fault in all occasions.

"My point is that Chomsky applies a double standard where if America can be blamed then that's what you focus on and other factors and reasons get ignored."

Doesn't Chomsky's definition of American Exceptionalism begin and end mostly with the imperialistic conceit that America must bring "freedom" to other countries in the world? So this places the blame directly at the feet of America's foreign policy. How could other countries be worth blaming in this case? The fact that dumb ass college students latch on to Chomsky and regurgitate him without real understanding of his material is not the fault of Chomsky.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #7466 on: December 24, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »

Understood.  I simply do not understand the logic in placing Cenk, Greenwald, and Chomsky in the same pile. Cenk and Chomksy are like water and oil despite both being left.

I wasn't equating Chomsky to Cenk, although I can see why it may seem like that. I was simply mentioning the people, like Cenk, I have changed my views on. And it is for similar reasons with all those people.

Chomsky isn't anywhere near as bad as Cenk, or Glenn Greenwald. It's just that Islam has become a sticking point for all of these people. Much more when it comes to Cenk though of course.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7467 on: December 24, 2017, 03:17:48 PM »
Chomsky never could admit he maybe was wrong in assessing the horrors of the Khmer Rouge (there's a long form article on Mekong.net if you wish).

He also prefaced the work of a long time negationist in a fairly surprising way as detailed by historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.

http://www.anti-rev.org/textes/VidalNaquet81b/

All that said, my knowledge of Chomsky is fairly thin. I don't doubt the man is intelligent or that his views have merit (though his renowned linguistics credentials have often been used as a basis for his authority in other fields) but his description by others always gave the impression he had a massive ego.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:30:52 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #7468 on: December 24, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »
The left's constant defense of Islam but shitting on Christianity any chance they get is an endless supply of entertainment, I must admit. Although I'm not fond of the New Atheists, at least they tend to be equal opportunity towards religion and aren't hypocrites regarding that.

Chomsky never could admit he maybe was wrong in assessing the horrors of the Khmer Rouge (there's a long form article on Mekong.net if you wish).

He also prefaced the work of a long time negationist in a fairly surprising way as detailed by historian Pierre Vidal-Naquet.

All that said, my knowledge of Chomsky is fairly thin. I don't doubt the man is intelligent or that his views have no merit (though his renowned linguistics credentials have often been used as a basis for his authority in other fields) but his description by others always gave the impression he had a massive ego.

Oh, he appears to have a big ego. But it also allows for fun stuff where he destroys people like the "I give no fucks" kind of guy he is.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:28:58 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7469 on: December 24, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
Cindi:

Well, the Islam example was posted earlier. When Islam is a heavy factor in actions, it still rolls back to blaming the foreign policy of the west. A lot of foreign policy has gone on and countries have messed into other countries government and economies for centuries. Not all of them bomb cartoonists or anything close to that.

Also, you have to account for whether you should put freedom into scare quotes. I don't think you can blame the middle east still using slaves entirely on American policy. This kind of rolls into the Noble Savage debate eventually.

etiolate

« Reply #7470 on: December 24, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
Topic shift: Did the NFL-GAF community die with GAF? I saw Reset had a thread, but only a couple familiar names show up. I expected to see pages of FMT erotic fanfic of Jimmy G but instead it's a bit of a slow moving sports thread.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7471 on: December 24, 2017, 03:48:38 PM »
Topic shift: Did the NFL-GAF community die with GAF? I saw Reset had a thread, but only a couple familiar names show up. I expected to see pages of FMT erotic fanfic of Jimmy G but instead it's a bit of a slow moving sports thread.

Maybe they stayed on SLAENT ?
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #7472 on: December 24, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »
Cindi:

Well, the Islam example was posted earlier. When Islam is a heavy factor in actions, it still rolls back to blaming the foreign policy of the west. A lot of foreign policy has gone on and countries have messed into other countries government and economies for centuries. Not all of them bomb cartoonists or anything close to that.

Also, you have to account for whether you should put freedom into scare quotes. I don't think you can blame the middle east still using slaves entirely on American policy. This kind of rolls into the Noble Savage debate eventually.

The USA has the tendency of white wash their own shitty behavior to a holier than you attitude thought.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus Etiolate

shosta

« Reply #7473 on: December 24, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »

All that said, my knowledge of Chomsky is fairly thin. I don't doubt the man is intelligent or that his views have merit (though his renowned linguistics credentials have often been used as a basis for his authority in other fields) but his description by others always gave the impression he had a massive ego.
He also contributed in to the theory of mass communication. I think Manufacturing Consent earned its status as important literature.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7474 on: December 24, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
I watched that Ezra Levant interview again. The question wasn't actually about the Charlie hebdo massacre directly (it's been a while since I saw it) it was about rising Muslim anti-semitism in Europe. Chomsky uses the Hebdo attack as an example(If you remember they also killed Jews) and claimed it had to do with them being Algerian and French foreign policy, etc. As Douglas Murray mentions, "We keep giving the terrorists excuses they never asked for". they are quite happy to tell us why they do it. the funny thing is, this even annoyed Isis who decided to write in their magazine exactly why they hate the West.

I found his deflection quite extraordinary..

Jansen

« Reply #7475 on: December 24, 2017, 05:41:35 PM »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #7476 on: December 24, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2465869/

Get some nice Squid Sisters and Marina tattoo's in early 2018. But those are already planned since last summer lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Bravotyler

« Reply #7477 on: December 24, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »
Here we go, the floodgates are opening.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-atlus-we-havent-forgotten-your-mishandling-of-lgbtq-characters-catherine-p4-spoilers.12569/

Quote from: WaffleTaco
What the fuck is that trailer? Like Atlus cancel that game you transphobic fucks.

Leadbelly

« Reply #7478 on: December 24, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-atlus-we-havent-forgotten-your-mishandling-of-lgbtq-characters-catherine-p4-spoilers.12569/

What the fuck is that trailer? Like Atlus cancel that game you transphobic fucks.

So I'm guessing it is the part where she is naked and the guy looks very surprised. I mean what reaction exactly would these people expect when a heterosexual male discovers that the girl he is about to fuck has a penis?

"Oh!... I see you have a penis."

"Well, I guess I will have to bend over, spread my ass cheeks and brace myself for a pounding!"

Himu

« Reply #7479 on: December 24, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »

So I'm guessing it is the part where she is naked and the guy looks very surprised. I mean what reaction exactly would these people expect when a heterosexual male discovers that the girl he is about to fuck has a penis?

"Well, I guess I will have to bend over, spread my ass cheeks and brace myself for a pounding!"

I think they want this or something.

But yeah, it's pretty realistic. The reaction, at least.

Honestly, I have no idea why people aren't jumping on entertainment companies making the cheeseburger surprise stuff a thing. No cheeseburger with brains is going to pull out a cock to surprise you. In real life, that's a fucking death sentence. Any trans woman who does that, her safety no one can guarantee. There's a big chance that dude will beat you to death. RIP In Peace, shim. She's also a dumb shit and it's hard to empathize because she put herself in that situation. Nah. Entertainment companies need to start with the whole texting thing or w/e. Have a simple ass meeting irl. They hit it off, exchange numbers. Chick send text saying,"hey i was born a dude, still interested? *kiss emoji*" The entire "reveal at the moment of truth" trope is not only annoying, it's just unrealistic as fuck. Almost every nicca that fucks a cheeseburger knows he's fucking a cheeseburger.

So let's stop with the horrible, unrealistic storytelling. Like a Japanese okama is gonna pull a cheeseburger surprise. lmao In Japan?!

TBQH it's a good sign if you're a trans woman and your man has no interest in your disco stick. That tells you he ain't a homo who will ask you to fuck him in the ass one day.
IYKYK

Bananas

« Reply #7480 on: December 24, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Honestly, I have no idea why people aren't jumping on entertainment companies making the cheeseburger surprise stuff a thing. No cheeseburger with brains is going to pull out a cock to surprise you. In real life, that's a fucking death sentence. Any trans woman who does that, her safety no one can guarantee. There's a big chance that dude will beat you to death. RIP In Peace, shim. She's also a dumb shit and it's hard to empathize because she put herself in that situation. Nah. Entertainment companies need to start with the whole texting thing or w/e. Have a simple ass meeting irl. They hit it off, exchange numbers. Chick send text saying,"hey i was born a dude, still interested? *kiss emoji*" The entire "reveal at the moment of truth" trope is not only annoying, it's just unrealistic as fuck. Almost every nicca that fucks a cheeseburger knows he's fucking a cheeseburger.

So let's stop with the horrible, unrealistic storytelling. Like a Japanese okama is gonna pull a cheeseburger surprise. lmao In Japan?!

TBQH it's a good sign if you're a trans woman and your man has no interest in your disco stick. That tells you he ain't a homo who will ask you to fuck him in the ass one day.

lol gl with that, the current Persona team thinks gays sexuality assault people in the street and it is funny. I doubt they even ever talked to a trans person.

Himu

« Reply #7481 on: December 24, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
Yeah, so the trope really isn't shocking coming from Atlus' who has a penchant for homophobia.

I haven't beaten P5 because it's a bad game, so I have no idea what trans related stuff is in that, but people need to realize that more than anything this is a cultural issue and Japan is way, way behind the times on LGBT related stuff. It can be a very conservative society in relation to gender and sexuality. That said, I do think trans people have more acceptance there than gay people. Kinda like in other Asian countries. So Atlus pulling this isn't really a surprise and kinda the norm, unfortunately.

And yeah, I doubt they talked to once single trans person.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #7482 on: December 24, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Well, I guess they could have not bothered doing the cheeseburger surprise thing. Maybe they are going somewhere with it though. Maybe the guy comes around to it eventually. After a bit of time to think.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #7483 on: December 24, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
I was looking for another comic and found this.

This is what I wanted.

sigh

Himu

« Reply #7484 on: December 24, 2017, 08:50:15 PM »
Sure. It's still dumb but it makes for easy entertainment. If they implemented how I handle dates it'd be a lot less interesting lmao
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7485 on: December 24, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »

Run girl, runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 09:12:52 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7486 on: December 24, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »
I hope that Rin has a giant floppy horse dick.

But realistically the chances of that happening are slim. There are an absolute myriad of what it could be but the pearl clutchers at reee have already assumed EEK A PEENIS based only on their hopes they get to be offended.

When it turns out she:

Has no genitals
Is an alien/angel/1000 year old dragon
Has a tattoo of his name there already
Has a chastity belt

Or some other stupid story driven thing, I'm sure reererere will handle it juuuust fine.

Atlus is in a no-win situation here but it was silly of them to assume that Today's Internet could handle this idiocy.

Fucking hell I'm defending Atlus.
rub

Himu

« Reply #7487 on: December 24, 2017, 09:30:43 PM »
Like the Chappelle thing, tons of freaking out over a perceived threat. Meanwhile tomorrow is Christmas, and lots of us have nowhere to go. Must be nice when the biggest threats to your existence are things that might not even happen.
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7488 on: December 24, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »

Yeah, this is one of those weird things to think about for me.  A trans woman wants to be considered a woman.  If a prospective partner likes the dick, they're probably thinking of you sexually as a dude.  Unless they're bi or pan, or willing to wait/pay for surgery.

I guess I wouldn't know how most un-transitioned trans relationships turn out.  Maybe you have to be willing to accept love from whatever source will have you, even if it's distressing to be thought of as a dude sexually?

When it turns out she:

Has no genitals
Is an alien/angel/1000 year old dragon
Has a tattoo of his name there already
Has a chastity belt

Or some other stupid story driven thing, I'm sure reererere will handle it juuuust fine.

Oh you know for sure they will say it was changed due to the backlash.  They'll claim it as a win due to their social media activism.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #7489 on: December 24, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
Yeah, this is one of those weird things to think about for me.  A trans woman wants to be considered a woman.  If a prospective partner likes the dick, they're probably thinking of you sexually as a dude.  Unless they're bi or pan, or willing to wait/pay for surgery.

I guess I wouldn't know how most un-transitioned trans relationships turn out.  Maybe you have to be willing to accept love from whatever source will have you, even if it's distressing to be thought of as a dude sexually?

Any man I communicate with who shows the slightest interest in the dick gets kicked to the curb. They've watched too much porn tbqh. It's worrying how men actually try to learn about the world from porn. Worrying, but also hilarious.
IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7490 on: December 24, 2017, 09:44:44 PM »
Queen thanks for talking to us about this stuff.
rub

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7491 on: December 24, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »

Zzzzzz, these arent kinks
fat

Himu

« Reply #7492 on: December 24, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »

Zzzzzz, these arent kinks

What is a kink then?
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7493 on: December 24, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
microwaving dirty diapers and wearing them like pamperchu
fat

Clockwork5

« Reply #7494 on: December 24, 2017, 10:45:31 PM »

Any man I communicate with who shows the slightest interest in the dick gets kicked to the curb. They've watched too much porn tbqh. It's worrying how men actually try to learn about the world from porn. Worrying, but also hilarious.

The correct response is more along the lines of...?

Jansen

« Reply #7495 on: December 24, 2017, 11:16:29 PM »

Himu

« Reply #7496 on: December 24, 2017, 11:26:10 PM »

While I understand, that still seems a little self-defeating.

...How?

The correct response is more along the lines of...? (Image removed from quote.)

I liked the black dude she ends up with. Doesn't fetishize, not ashamed of her. The perfect balance.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7497 on: December 24, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
lol gl with that, the current Persona team thinks gays sexuality assault people in the street and it is funny. I doubt they even ever talked to a trans person.

That's not gay people. That's comedians in Japan playing a gay stereotype. Which Atlus ripped from. I can understand the offense, but that's one of those "oh Japan" things.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7498 on: December 24, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »

That's not gay people. That's comedians in Japan playing a gay stereotype. Which Atlus ripped from. I can understand the offense, but that's one of those "oh Japan" things.
I miss watching hard gay videos :(

Jansen

« Reply #7499 on: December 24, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Chaparral, post: 2483134, member: 100
Lets try this thread again, for the people who continue to peddle transphobia in this thread hard. Lets get some opinions from trans people in this thread:

Look at these messages from people who are affected by Chappelle's transphobia and out and out bigotry. If you're still trying to throw out a frankly shitty, reductive, and insulting argument that these words don't hurt one of the most oppressed and shat upon minority groups out there, then in my mind, you are a transphobe as well.

FULL. FUCKING. STOP.

dude is spazzing hard