Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174211 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7800 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »
In the beginning Eru, the One, who in the Elvish tongue is named Ilúvatar, made the Ainur of his thought; and they made a great Music before him. In this Music the World was begun; for Ilúvatar made visible the song of the Ainur, and they beheld it as a light in the darkness. And many among them became enamoured of its beauty, and of its history which they saw beginning and unfolding as in a vision. Therefore Ilúvatar gave to their vision Being, and set it amid the Void, and the Secret Fire was sent to burn at the heart of the World; and it was called Eä.

Then those of the Ainur who desired it arose and entered into the World at the beginning of Time; and it was their task to achieve it, and by their labours to fulfil the vision which they had seen. Long they laboured in the regions of Eä, which are vast beyond the thought of Elves and Men, until in the time appointed was made Arda, the Kingdom of Earth. Then they put on the raiment of Earth and descended into it, and dwelt therein.

:boring

That's Tolkien. Give us the Jackson summary...

The Hobbit is the only one where Tolkien is actually better than Jackson story-wise. I blame that mostly on Jackson being forced by Miramax to make 3 movies instead of one. A two-hour Hobbit film that condensed a lot of the journey down to Smaug and the one-ring would've been fine.

FStop7

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7802 on: December 28, 2017, 11:50:36 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7803 on: December 28, 2017, 11:50:54 AM »
1. Cinnamon twists are great
2. those fucking elf movies are boring as fuck
3. Nintendo :rejoice
on second thought if the elves actually fucked these movies would be greatly improved.

Himu

« Reply #7804 on: December 28, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
I haven't read LOTR since I was a teenager and it bored me to death then. I've been really wanting to re-read them to gain a possibly new appreciation.
Don't do it, bb.  The books are boring as fuck.  What's great is really great, but in between that is a lot of boring shit and motherfucking Tom Bombadil.  And God, those fucking songs.  THOSE FUCKING SONGS.  The movies are better than the book for LOTR.  The book is better than the movies for The Hobbit.

Since I'm sick I'm going to watch the extended cut of Fellowship today. I've never seen the extended versions despite having them on blu ray for years.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7805 on: December 28, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
In the beginning Eru, the One, who in the Elvish tongue is named Ilúvatar, made the Ainur of his thought; and they made a great Music before him. In this Music the World was begun; for Ilúvatar made visible the song of the Ainur, and they beheld it as a light in the darkness. And many among them became enamoured of its beauty, and of its history which they saw beginning and unfolding as in a vision. Therefore Ilúvatar gave to their vision Being, and set it amid the Void, and the Secret Fire was sent to burn at the heart of the World; and it was called Eä.

Then those of the Ainur who desired it arose and entered into the World at the beginning of Time; and it was their task to achieve it, and by their labours to fulfil the vision which they had seen. Long they laboured in the regions of Eä, which are vast beyond the thought of Elves and Men, until in the time appointed was made Arda, the Kingdom of Earth. Then they put on the raiment of Earth and descended into it, and dwelt therein.

:boring

:stop

Nooooooo it's giving me fucking flashbacks on how fucking boring a lot of those books were.
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #7806 on: December 28, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
nobody even got laid in those books  :crowdlaff :girlaff
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7807 on: December 28, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
Are you guys seriously shitting on LOTR and Tolkien?

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the forum that loves Taco Bell would have bad taste :)

D3RANG3D, Samfish, El Babua  :rejoice

Well fuck you then  :fbm

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7808 on: December 28, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »
Are you guys seriously shitting on LOTR and Tolkien?

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the forum that loves Taco Bell would have bad taste :)
No i'm not.

I'm shitting on peter jackson and his 3 part adaption of Tolkien.

The movies were a snooze fest. They dragged on and on and on and on and on and on.

Clockwork5

« Reply #7809 on: December 28, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »
I can get behind dogging on the LOTR movies or even the LOTR books, I found both to be a bit tired and dull, but I will never stop singing the praises of Tolkien's best book, The Hobbit, and while the disappointment of the movies was expected, it was still a bummer.

agrajag

« Reply #7810 on: December 28, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »

Yeah if you don't count Aragorn, Arwen, Eowyn, Faramir, Sam and Rosie Cotton.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #7811 on: December 28, 2017, 01:08:57 PM »
Any time in the book there was a song or a poem I skipped it. Sometimes it meant flipping through pages and pages of the book.
rub

nudemacusers

« Reply #7812 on: December 28, 2017, 01:13:11 PM »

on what page I can find detailed descriptions of sam's thick hairy hobbit cock.

asking for a friend ofc.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #7813 on: December 28, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45218.8340

HOW DARE YOU BONO

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT PORTUGAL THE MAN

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #7814 on: December 28, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
Re: LOTR talk

:nerds

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #7815 on: December 28, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »
Re: LOTR talk

:nerds

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Clockwork5

« Reply #7816 on: December 28, 2017, 01:22:25 PM »

asking for a friend ofc.

It's on like the first page. In the shire the word for "cocks" is "feet".

agrajag

« Reply #7817 on: December 28, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »

asking for a friend ofc.

Page 437 Appendix E second edition

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #7818 on: December 28, 2017, 01:38:39 PM »
http://afropunk.com/2017/09/learning-love-enough-fck-raw-black-hiv-positive/

The fact that I am HIV positive is a result of anti-Black state sanctioned violence. The infrastructure of this world assures that Black people are the most vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, and unemployment—all factors contributing to the rise of the HIV epidemic. When we allow a single narrative, like that HIV automatically makes one undesirable, to shape such state violence, we also allow room for even more anti-Blackness.

I am convinced that “safe sex” is now and has always been for the white boy, who gets to decide whether he wants sex to be “safe” or not, because something is always around to protect him. No matter how many Black men and non-men I have fucked, sex has never been safe. Even if our general fears of being Black and vulnerable doesn’t manifest in the bedroom like my fears, they do elsewhere. Whether it be the street, the office, the classroom, the job interview, two blocks from the precinct, Black terror always manifests.
:dead

The BLM thread on the Coli is insane.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-blacklivesmatter-leading-nowhere.338413/page-86

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7819 on: December 28, 2017, 01:45:55 PM »
As far as i know HIV does not target brain cells so can someone explain what the fuck did that dude take?

Himu

« Reply #7820 on: December 28, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »

The fact that I am HIV positive is a result of anti-Black state sanctioned violence. The infrastructure of this world assures that Black people are the most vulnerable to poverty, homelessness, and unemployment—all factors contributing to the rise of the HIV epidemic. When we allow a single narrative, like that HIV automatically makes one undesirable, to shape such state violence, we also allow room for even more anti-Blackness.

I am convinced that “safe sex” is now and has always been for the white boy, who gets to decide whether he wants sex to be “safe” or not, because something is always around to protect him. No matter how many Black men and non-men I have fucked, sex has never been safe. Even if our general fears of being Black and vulnerable doesn’t manifest in the bedroom like my fears, they do elsewhere. Whether it be the street, the office, the classroom, the job interview, two blocks from the precinct, Black terror always manifests.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-blacklivesmatter-leading-nowhere.338413/page-86

lmao smh

BLM been cooked tbh. Do people actually care about BLM still? :huh
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7821 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
I'm enjoying Resetera getting angry at the cancelled Rockstar game called Whore of the Orient. Them naughty words in the title are just too much.

Clockwork5

« Reply #7822 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »
Probably would still be released if they called it "Whoreient Express"

Himu

IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7824 on: December 28, 2017, 02:14:08 PM »
That BLM thread reads like everything I predicted about BLM.

oh wait

On the other hand, you do see conservative media & cacs go at Shaun King.

Shaun King :lol  :neogaf

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7825 on: December 28, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
Madness. I called it though. I agree 100% with the essence of BLM, namely the statement. But the movement has largely been a non-factor, outside of ambulance chasing...

In terms of the weirdo divide/conquer shit between black women, LGBTQ blacks, and black men...unfortunate and  pathetic. I'd put the blame moreso on some of these dudes whose homophobia and sexism is just embarrassing.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7826 on: December 28, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »
At least it lasted longer and accomplished more than occupy wall street.
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #7827 on: December 28, 2017, 02:25:26 PM »
The same group fucking up BLM is the same group that fucked up OWS.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7828 on: December 28, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-fans-want-to-shut-down-rotten-tomatoes-for-fresh-last-jedi-reviews.13067/

I don’t understand how they’re stanning FOR Star Wars so hard. I get stanning for intersectional feminazis — at least there’s a chance at scoring some pussy — but they’re not going to get any pussy from Star Wars.

etiolate

« Reply #7829 on: December 28, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
They got trolled into thinking the alt-right bombed the audience scores, so now they think it is stanning for pussy.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7830 on: December 28, 2017, 02:30:51 PM »
Who?

imo it's moreso a lack of centralized leadership. There is no Huey Newton here, or a collection of impressive members on the ground as well as in the media. Instead you have a effete dude in a sweater vest endorsing fast food products.

agrajag

« Reply #7831 on: December 28, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-fans-want-to-shut-down-rotten-tomatoes-for-fresh-last-jedi-reviews.13067/

I don’t understand how they’re stanning FOR Star Wars so hard. I get stanning for intersectional feminazis — at least there’s a chance at scoring some pussy — but they’re not going to get any pussy from Star Wars.

they're trying to get some porg pussy

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7832 on: December 28, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
That BDS dude is on a roll

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2591696/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2591966/

Film critics -- people who studied to understand filmmaking for a living -- gave the movie a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Wouldn't that be directors ? Or writers, producers, DOPs ? Critics studied film, not filmmaking usually...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2592140/

:usacry Conspiratorial overtones unlike the very reasonable theory those people are all DCEU fans conducting a false flag.
ὕβρις

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7833 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
That BDS dude is on a roll

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2591696/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2591966/

Film critics -- people who studied to understand filmmaking for a living -- gave the movie a 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Wouldn't that be directors ? Or writers, producers, DOPs ? Critics studied film, not filmmaking usually...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2592140/

:usacry Conspiratorial overtones unlike the very reasonable theory those people are all DCEU fans conducting a false flag.

The paranoia. The know-it-all attitude. The Star Wars Superfan. The douchey looking avatar.

Hey, you don’t think it’s...

NAH. COULDN’T BE.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7834 on: December 28, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2585496/

The weird, conspiratorial behavior that connects stuff like Trump voters and the alt-right and Gamergate and DCEU stans is not a coincidence, it's part of a major failing of our society as a result of the internet's absolute free speech (allowing charlatans to spread falsehoods) and the democratization of information. Everyone is an expert now.

ὕβρις

etiolate

« Reply #7835 on: December 28, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
Who?

imo it's moreso a lack of centralized leadership. There is no Huey Newton here, or a collection of impressive members on the ground as well as in the media. Instead you have a effete dude in a sweater vest endorsing fast food products.

Any sort of internet heavy movement is going to have a hard time centralizing leadership. That sort of setup let the destructive element in, which you can call rad feminism, lgbqt, or Social Studies Warriors.

OWS had multiple problems, but the unity of the movement was broken up by the divisive tactics of that element. They came in, created separation, started pursuing causes that had nothing to do with the main point, and eventually leads to nothing but drama and self-promotion.

You can't really have your brightest and best leaders step up and organize when they have to qualify via things like the Progressive Stack. These groups/ideas come from Critical Theory and Critical Race Theory, which ends up having a simpleton's idea of power and oppression. Such a view will never get you leadership and progress, because leadership is a sign of hierarchies and those are a symptom of the oppressive system. They do not believe that organization and leadership can happen naturally or be beneficial to the group, so they tear down those that rise up and those that could do good live in fear of being the oppressor or seen as such.

https://medium.com/@YotamMarom/undoing-the-politics-of-powerlessness-72931fee5bda

That's a long run down of the dissipation of OWS by someone within it, so I'll select some quotes.

But the truth is, it wasn’t the state, or the cold, or the media. The real problem underneath it all was a deep ambivalence about power. In fact, all of the things that made Occupy Wall Street brilliant had this paradox built into them, this politic of powerlessness woven deep inside, like a bad gene or a self-destruct mechanism.

For example, the mantra of leaderlessness came from a genuine desire to avoid classic pitfalls into hierarchy, but it was, at the same time, a farce, and divorced from any sense of collective structure or care for group culture. It foreclosed on the possibility of holding emerging leaders accountable, created a situation in which real leaders (whether worthy or not) went to the shadows instead of the square, and made it impossible to really develop one another (how, really, could we train new leaders if there weren’t supposed to be any in the first place?).

Groups like AntiFA and LGBQT have the same conundrum. They disavow leadership and hierarchical organizing, and end up a giant fucking mess that eventually gets coopted by its worst elements.

I spent years being angry about it. I was angry at the people who had attacked the group I was part of from the inside, the people who bullied me into giving up every piece of leverage I had by making me feel like I didn’t have the right to organize the folks I had access to, who punished me every time I was quoted or interviewed, who came to the meetings I facilitated and intentionally disrupted them. The stories are too long and too many to recount here, and anyone who was in the middle of it has their own share of war stories too.

From there, I went wandering. I bumped straight into the movement’s social media call-out culture, where people demonstrate how radical they are by destroying one another. It felt like walking into a high school locker room. In this universe, we insist on perfect politics and perfect language, to the exclusion of experimentation, learning, or constructive critique. We wear our outsiderness as a badge of pride, knowing that saying the right thing trumps doing anything at all. No one is ever good enough for us — not progressive celebrities who don’t get the whole picture, not your Facebook friend who doesn’t quite get why we say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter, not your cousin who mourned the deaths in Paris without saying an equal number of words about those in Beirut. Instead of organizing these people, we attack them. We tear down rather than teach each other, and pick apart instead of building on top of what we have.

Sounds all too familiar.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7836 on: December 28, 2017, 03:03:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2584198/

ResetEra, where we marvel at people doing their jobs.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7837 on: December 28, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
I'm enjoying Resetera getting angry at the cancelled Rockstar game called Whore of the Orient. Them naughty words in the title are just too much.

It doesn't matter what the title means. However, it does matter that the title could mean something completely different.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2593357/

"It doesn't matter what it means, what matters is how it makes me feel   :maf :maf"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7838 on: December 28, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2586923/

I feel like this whole thing has a lot of valuable insight for writers and editors. I would not be surprised to see parts of this get added to curriculum for journalism students.

You can review documents submitted to you... AND ANNOTATE THEM !?
:mindblown
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7839 on: December 28, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »
I have my doubts that they choose the title to represent that Shangai Era, obviously it was an influence since the game is based on that, but I feel that they were looking for the shock factor

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2593445/

I love this thread.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7840 on: December 28, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
Who?

Any sort of internet heavy movement is going to have a hard time centralizing leadership. That sort of setup let the destructive element in, which you can call rad feminism, lgbqt, or Social Studies Warriors.

OWS had multiple problems, but the unity of the movement was broken up by the divisive tactics of that element. They came in, created separation, started pursuing causes that had nothing to do with the main point, and eventually leads to nothing but drama and self-promotion.

You can't really have your brightest and best leaders step up and organize when they have to qualify via things like the Progressive Stack. These groups/ideas come from Critical Theory and Critical Race Theory, which ends up having a simpleton's idea of power and oppression. Such a view will never get you leadership and progress, because leadership is a sign of hierarchies and those are a symptom of the oppressive system. They do not believe that organization and leadership can happen naturally or be beneficial to the group, so they tear down those that rise up and those that could do good live in fear of being the oppressor or seen as such.

https://medium.com/@YotamMarom/undoing-the-politics-of-powerlessness-72931fee5bda

That's a long run down of the dissipation of OWS by someone within it, so I'll select some quotes.

But the truth is, it wasn’t the state, or the cold, or the media. The real problem underneath it all was a deep ambivalence about power. In fact, all of the things that made Occupy Wall Street brilliant had this paradox built into them, this politic of powerlessness woven deep inside, like a bad gene or a self-destruct mechanism.

For example, the mantra of leaderlessness came from a genuine desire to avoid classic pitfalls into hierarchy, but it was, at the same time, a farce, and divorced from any sense of collective structure or care for group culture. It foreclosed on the possibility of holding emerging leaders accountable, created a situation in which real leaders (whether worthy or not) went to the shadows instead of the square, and made it impossible to really develop one another (how, really, could we train new leaders if there weren’t supposed to be any in the first place?).

Groups like AntiFA and LGBQT have the same conundrum. They disavow leadership and hierarchical organizing, and end up a giant fucking mess that eventually gets coopted by its worst elements.

I spent years being angry about it. I was angry at the people who had attacked the group I was part of from the inside, the people who bullied me into giving up every piece of leverage I had by making me feel like I didn’t have the right to organize the folks I had access to, who punished me every time I was quoted or interviewed, who came to the meetings I facilitated and intentionally disrupted them. The stories are too long and too many to recount here, and anyone who was in the middle of it has their own share of war stories too.

From there, I went wandering. I bumped straight into the movement’s social media call-out culture, where people demonstrate how radical they are by destroying one another. It felt like walking into a high school locker room. In this universe, we insist on perfect politics and perfect language, to the exclusion of experimentation, learning, or constructive critique. We wear our outsiderness as a badge of pride, knowing that saying the right thing trumps doing anything at all. No one is ever good enough for us — not progressive celebrities who don’t get the whole picture, not your Facebook friend who doesn’t quite get why we say Black Lives Matter instead of All Lives Matter, not your cousin who mourned the deaths in Paris without saying an equal number of words about those in Beirut. Instead of organizing these people, we attack them. We tear down rather than teach each other, and pick apart instead of building on top of what we have.

Sounds all too familiar.

You have some weirdo opinions but I largely agree with you on this breh. When everything comes down to a purity test, no one (and nothing) is good enough. Which means you end up right where you started: on twitter, bitching and doing nothing. Now of course I do believe certain ideals shouldn't be up for negotiation or debate. But part of being a fucking adult is being able to weigh multiple un-perfect options and determining which is best for you. Obviously we saw last year that a lot of "leftists" weren't capable of that in the general election.

Effective organizing requires some basic hierarchical structure. You need effective leaders/advisers/etc, an effective strategy, and effective workers capable of carrying it out. That's true whether you're getting people to polls or grass root organizing for local petitions.

In BLM's case, at least based on multiple twitter battles over the last two years, so much focus is on who "owns" the movement and who doesn't belong. It was started by three black women, two of whom are queer. And there have been endless skirmishes over whether straight black men can have a place in "leadership," not to mention various black men who don't believe women should lead anything. All fighting over bullshit.

End of the day you're left in a spiral of misery porn where nothing is accomplished and the movement largely revolves around complaining about macro level structures (white supremacy, the state, etc) which aren't being dismantled anytime soon. So like, there are things that could be done on the local community level but many people would rather ignore that for a top down approach, because it lets them off the hook of having to actually accomplish anything.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7841 on: December 28, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
"I want games to be considered seriously as an art form of expression and integridy"

vs

"Please do not in any way shape or form step outside the bounds of focus-group'd, innocuous, and readily digestible fast food entertainment"
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Leadbelly

« Reply #7842 on: December 28, 2017, 03:47:21 PM »

What the hell am I reading?

I don't know why this got my attention and not all the other insane nonsense, but for some reason this really jumped out at me.
No matter how many Black men and non-men I have fucked, sex has never been safe.

Who exactly are non-men? Women? Your dog? What? lol

etiolate

« Reply #7843 on: December 28, 2017, 03:49:16 PM »
I like

"I can't believe Bono called current "rock" music girly. That's so offensive. He should have used a different word."

vs

"We need to stop making all those angry male action shooters with explosions and violence so gaming can be more welcoming to women."

Bore Expert

« Reply #7844 on: December 28, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »
Shots fired at bish

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253142412

Who is Bill O Rights? And finally, locked by the elf.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7845 on: December 28, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
missed opportunity to drop "didn't an old mod who is now revealed to be a pedophile scam the users and owner of this site out of money to fund his post election night drug binge?"
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Leadbelly

« Reply #7846 on: December 28, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
I was thinking this trailer was going to be awful, but it actually seems like it could be a fun movie.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mom-and-dad-trailer-nicolas-cage-selma-blair.13069/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7847 on: December 28, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »

That thread lasted about 10 seconds, looks like gaf is really hoping the dude dies
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #7848 on: December 28, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
In terms of BLM: You only have to read their original list of demands to see what they were about. Most of it had nothing to do with police shootings.

Even if we focus on police shootings, (the thing they were supposedly meant to be about) the statistics don't actually back up the claims. In fact statistically more white people are shot by police. Of course there are other issues like profiling and police stops, which may be unfairly singling out black people, but in terms of actual police shootings, it is statisitically insignificant.

I actually posted a Youtube video on this previously in this thread, where Kmele Foster outlines exactly what I just said, and suggests that the real focus should be on police reform, regardless of race. I agree with that. Making the whole thing primarily about race is only going to create division when what they really should be doing is trying to foster solidarity among the races. It is far more productive to argue that police reform is something that is beneficial to all.

Another issue I have with them is, they haven't used their influence to push against gang violence. Something that is far more of a threat to young black men than police violence is.

Kmele Foster on BLM:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:13:43 PM by Leadbelly »

Himu

« Reply #7849 on: December 28, 2017, 04:49:35 PM »
Madness. I called it though. I agree 100% with the essence of BLM, namely the statement. But the movement has largely been a non-factor, outside of ambulance chasing...

In terms of the weirdo divide/conquer shit between black women, LGBTQ blacks, and black men...unfortunate and  pathetic. I'd put the blame moreso on some of these dudes whose homophobia and sexism is just embarrassing.

You were absolutely right about BLM dude. I bow down to you.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7850 on: December 28, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »
Who?

Sounds all too familiar.

A lot of good shit here. Speaks to my experiences within activism.

Etiolate, this medium article speaks to my experiences within activism to a T. Basically, don't trust activists. Especially career activists.

https://medium.com/@UptheCypherPunx/why-this-radical-leftist-is-disillusioned-by-leftist-culture-63419aa85a58

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:06:16 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7851 on: December 28, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »
One of my weirdo opinions is that the dysfunction is by design but most of those participating in the dysfunction don't realize this.

Himu

« Reply #7852 on: December 28, 2017, 05:24:38 PM »
Dysfunction by design? Expound plz.
IYKYK

Clockwork5

« Reply #7853 on: December 28, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2584198/

ResetEra, where we marvel at people doing their jobs.

Yet others are oblivious to the fact that sometimes you must do things you don't want to do in order to keep your job.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2597763/

Doing shitty things for money is no better than doing shitty things for free. I’d say it’s worse, even. At least a true believer cares about something more than his own pocketbook.

I never got this defense.

No wonder they are all drowning in student debt.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7854 on: December 28, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »
A few pages back people were defending Cornel West, a widely supportive figure of the ridiculous BLM, and OWS. Two horribley run and organized political activist groups that failed miserably.  b bu bu but he's a harvard professor :omg

etiolate

« Reply #7855 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »
Dysfunction by design? Expound plz.

The influences that are heavy within these movements go back to some Marxist ideas and the Cold War. Those influences eventually became a tool for subversion. They way they are formed does not create progress despite calling itself progressive. Instead, they are designed to sow seeds of conflict and doubt. They are designed to be dysfunctional because the dysfunction weakens unity, which weakens national identity. The design accomplishes continuous strife by setting up a problem and then going about that problem in such a way to preserve the problem so that they might continually lay claim to it.

From that point,t he people that support these tactics and ideologies exist in three groups: Those that understand its intent and seek it out for self-gain, those that see they can promote themselves through this but don't understand it's intent, and those that are naive to the point that they truly believe in a cultish manner.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7856 on: December 28, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
I knew you'd loop back to cultural marxism. :lol

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7857 on: December 28, 2017, 06:15:28 PM »
One of my weirdo opinions is that the dysfunction is by design but most of those participating in the dysfunction don't realize this.

I more or less agree with this

etiolate

« Reply #7858 on: December 28, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
If something keeps screwing itself up in the same way over and over, you eventually have to stop and ask if the outcome is an accident or if the outcome is the intent.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #7859 on: December 28, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
the fact that russia has been using blm and other progressive movements as a means to further divide this country well before the elections even began speaks volumes