Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174432 times)

agrajag

I can't decide if Daisy Ridley is attractive or not. But alls I knows is those capris make her look silly, she's looking like Dora the Explorer or some shit, not a badass jedi-ish person.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know Dora the Explorer doesn't wear capris
[close]

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
I can't decide if Daisy Ridley is attractive or not. But alls I knows is those capris make her look silly, she's looking like Dora the Explorer or some shit, not a badass jedi-ish person.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know Dora the Explorer doesn't wear capris
[close]

Checkmate
sigh

Oblivion

I can't decide if Daisy Ridley is attractive or not.

She's not.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Her dad from the Metroid series is pretty hot though.

Edit: Is she a Mario and Metroid crossover?  :o

Oblivion

She's not.

Oh please; she's an attractive woman.  She's just not celebrity hot.

Even if you think she's attractive, can we all agree they should have cast someone else for that role?

tuna_love

august ames

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I can't decide if Daisy Ridley is attractive or not.

nudemacusers

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2908894/

Ambient 2 & 4 are better tho  :doge

Also ovalprocess is a more clear expression of popp’s intent  :doge

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

(Image removed from quote.)

You forgot to mention they will always serve as a guiding light

nudemacusers

Tbh the true guiding light of modern techno is

Oh and if u don’t recognize on sight u have no place in this convo  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2797895/

I don't want to punch down the guy but moving to Paris without knowning the language, no clear work prospects, only one potential lodging (who fell through), no fixed adress and barely any social circle to fall back on... Yeah not the best idea.
ὕβρις

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
All these tlj threads are So frustrating.

Just as the supposed "alt-righty/Nazis" hate it due to Rey being a girl, the echo chamber of newgaf love it because she is a girl. They literally cannot see any faults, because that would make them Nazis.

It's not a great movie. Heck, I'm not sure it's even a good movie. But of course, there are only extremes in newgaf - you either love it or are a Nazi.

Seriously have they ever seen a "great" movie?

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

I don't want to punch down the guy but moving to Paris without knowning the language, no clear work prospects, only one potential lodging (who fell through), no fixed adress and barely any social circle to fall back on... Yeah not the best idea.

But his CV says he is "knowledge thristy" so he may just make it! (P.s. did he dox himself?)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
When your general culture is limited to super heroes movies, Death Becomes her is considered an erotic thriller.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/recomendations-for-trashy-erotic-films.14615/

Guy who said Zootopia is my kinda guy.

Can ERA's staff just drop all pretence of serving as a platform for "civil discourse" and publish a list of things the mods hate or want to dog pile on. Make it so before the mod team implodes from internal contradictions please.   

What on earth is a Resettlement Advisor? A suck up to mods from the previous regime?

I'd at least like to see a list of games you arent allowed to discuss on their "gaming forum", I always wanted that on GAF too.

I'd like to think even trying to make such a list might create some semblance of self awareness of how fucked up they've become
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:36:23 AM by REDPILLALPH ABIGCOCK »

Nabbis

• oops

I know a couple who moved to Switzerland in order for one of them to do a doctorate there. They did zero research, only one of them spoke crappy German and they were poor as hell without anyone willing to help out. You can guess how it worked out.

You would think enrolling in academia would prevent such stupidity.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
a game like this is revolting, but

it's for women, so i'm okay with it. there is a severe lack of female-oriented games on the market so i'm gonna have to let this one slide.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2913182/

Whew, he's letting it slide. The developers can consider themselves lucky

You cant tell me these people loving Luke's characterization as it is in TLJ wouldn't be even more on cloud 9 had he be done as an awesome space jesus bad ass. Instead they have to pretend this version they got is awesome because what else can they really do? Kinda like you knew your childhood friend with the different game console had some better games than yours did, but you still downplayed it and pretended it didn't because that's the one Santa brought you.

And How do I know they feel like this? Because like 5 people bought KotoR 2 and none of them post on reset era.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
a game like this is revolting, but

it's for women, so i'm okay with it. there is a severe lack of female-oriented games on the market so i'm gonna have to let this one slide.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2913182/

Whew, he's letting it slide. The developers can consider themselves lucky

:lol
ど助平

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2893065/

Interesting how this guy wasn't banned a month(!) for "pushing the envelope."

And give us the dirt on who is hip and who is a

Because I was banned for being too much of a "maverick," who "thinks outside the envelope."

And I guess that is what I must become lest I get banned for being "transgressive" or "too questioning."

Hey Cindi, I liked that write up you did on transgender people about using facts instead of identity.  You pointed out how mutations occur and shit like that.

Could you link it?

I was banned a month for "pushing boundaries" so it's hard for me to find.

bent

Jansen

"Gosh I just don't understand why my trolling that got me Perma banned on gaf is also getting me banned on era!!!"

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

I listen to Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks a lot

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
That would have been a super weak gag to die for
He is the man who will fight for my honor.
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

I agree I am way too unprepared but it wasn't a light decision to come here

Raist

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-does-nintendo-keep-their-secrets-so-well-hidden.14716/

1. No one cares about their hardware (other than the most insane core of Nintards who keep expecting crazy levels of perfs till release day - and sometimes even after). It's been clear for well over a decade that it's going to be cheap shit with a gimmick.

2. Unless you've lived under a rock for the past 30y, you can successfully guess what 95% of their SW output will be.

3. There's no 3.

zomgee

• We've *all*
What are the odds the the GAF platform update takes place or goes without a hitch?
rub

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
What are the odds the the GAF platform update takes place or goes without a hitch?

[slim] <---------------- somewhere in here ------------------> [none]

but probably better odds now that there are only 20ish people who post on the site.
Fish<

HaughtyFrank

Lmao that thread and brain child desperately trying to make the topic be about why it fails to address gay dudes who want to play VR games with buttplugs

Yeah, it's not exactly stellar. Not all women are straight, same goes for men too. Also, not all women have vaginas either. Some men have them too. The marketing for this is so fucked lol. They should have just said, 'here is a game where you can please a cis man' and left it at that.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2919773

Some real marketing experts on era.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
regardless of the word count that cookie monster and his disney acolytes run up, the last jedi will go down in the public consciousness at best as a wobbly misstep and at worst the beginning of people not giving much of a toss about star wars.

and i say this as someone who quite enjoyed the frank grimes episode of the simpsons.

Raist

Lmao that thread and brain child desperately trying to make the topic be about why it fails to address gay dudes who want to play VR games with buttplugs

Yeah, it's not exactly stellar. Not all women are straight, same goes for men too. Also, not all women have vaginas either. Some men have them too. The marketing for this is so fucked lol. They should have just said, 'here is a game where you can please a cis man' and left it at that.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2919773

Some real marketing experts on era.

Did he just assume the NPCs' gender and sexual orientation? wow.

kingv

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-does-nintendo-keep-their-secrets-so-well-hidden.14716/

1. No one cares about their hardware (other than the most insane core of Nintards who keep expecting crazy levels of perfs till release day - and sometimes even after). It's been clear for well over a decade that it's going to be cheap shit with a gimmick.

2. Unless you've lived under a rock for the past 30y, you can successfully guess what 95% of their SW output will be.

3. There's no 3.

As one warrior to another: :doge
People get way more excited for Nintendo hardware than either MS or PS4. Remember the switch fake hardware threads?

With A new PlayStation or Xbox, you know you are going to get the exact same thing as last time with more GBs and mhz and a very similar controller with minor refinements. I can promise you now that that’s exactly what ps5
and Xbox one-2 will be.

Even if you don’t really like Nintendo, it’s fun to see what crazy shit they will drop next.

I also don’t think Switch is cheap shit, but ymmv. I use it mostly as a portable and it’s by far the best portable available in power and game selection.

Raist

3. There's no 3.

As one warrior to another: :doge
People get way more excited for Nintendo hardware than either MS or PS4. Remember the switch fake hardware threads?

With A new PlayStation or Xbox, you know you are going to get the exact same thing as last time with more GBs and mhz and a very similar controller with minor refinements. I can promise you now that that’s exactly what ps5
and Xbox one-2 will be.

Even if you don’t really like Nintendo, it’s fun to see what crazy shit they will drop next.

I also don’t think Switch is cheap shit, but ymmv. I use it mostly as a portable and it’s by far the best portable available in power and game selection.

Yes, I did mention the type of folks who spent 10 threads on GAF speculating that the Switch may be a portable PS4. To take one :lol example.

But other than that, the vast majority of the general enthusiasts who like to speculate about hardware nerd out on detailed tech specs. So other than the hardcore fans, most people gave up a long time ago, since they know it's going to be a gen behind, minimum.

The Switch is absolutely cheap shit, it's basically a slightly tweaked first gen Nvidia shield :doge.

nudemacusers

I listen to Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks a lot
You might like Lawrence English or Kyle Bobby Dunn.  maybe some of windy & carl.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Cream is the fucking GOAT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said: ↑
Yes, it is commentary that jenner, became this faux icon for transgendered because of the white privilege. Is this some secret?
This post is such disingenuous bullshit and you know it. Blatant trolling.I know you can't possibly believe that the "man pussy" joke is some genius commentary on white privilege, because if you did, you'd have to be fucking braindead, and clearly you have the ability to form complete sentences.

And when the fuck did that poster ever say Dave is obligated to comment on trans women of color because he's black? YOU are the one making his entire thing, including his transphobic bullshit about race. You're the one using someone's race to excuse their transphobia. When you can use his race to your advantage, it's totally okay, right? "Oh! His ENTIRE act is about white privilege. Every joke that you THINK is really targeted at you is just actually about white privilege. So if you have any problems at all, just remember, Dave is black so he MUST be talking about white privilege 100% of the fucking time. But YOU are a bad person because you think he should talk about trans women of color despite taking time out to make fun of trans people." THAT'S what's fucked up.

I know you don't ACTUALLY think this though, because again, that would make you fucking brain dead. What you're REALLY obviously doing is the very popular conservative tactic of turning around accusations to change the conversation. "No, maybe YOU'RE just racist. Let's waste time talking about that now so I don't have to argue against me being a soul-less fucking monster that refuses to have empathy because I think trans people are FUNNY to make fun of, and I don't give a single fucking shit that these jokes contribute to them being hated and murdered on a daily basis, and I will defend that belief no matter how awful it makes me look because I know most people are on my side!"

I don't even agree with every word Llyrwenne is saying but man.

You people never fucking stop. You just absolutely refuse to have any empathy at all.There's really nothing else that can be said, is there?

If you or anyone else wants to respond with "well if you act so aggressive you'll push people awaaaaayyyybbblllahblahblaaah". I really don't give a single fuck. You people have made it completely clear that there is absolutely no argument, no appeal to humanity or decency, that will dig you out of the depth of your hate and apathy.

And I will still be able to say I have more respect for Dave Chapelle for at least trying instead of throwing out bullshit, disingenuous obvious trolling.

I'm not religious, but if a hell exists, I hope you end up there. If you absolutely refuse, if you have to just continue to dig your heels and REFUSE to have any empathy for us, then I have none to spare for you.

Where's the empathhyyyyy for my feeeeelllings

:stahp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Annie, are you okay?
Will you tell us that you're okay?
There's a sound at the window
Then he struck you — a crescendo, Annie
He came into your apartment
Left the bloodstains on the carpet
And then you ran into the bedroom
You were struck down
It was your doom

So they came into the outway
It was Sunday, what a black day
Every time I tried to find him
He's leaving no clues, left behind him
And they have no way of knowing
Of the suspect or what to expect
Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
Sounding heartbeats, intimidations
YEP, LET'S REWORK THIS INTO ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE ACCESS, THAT'S THE TICKET

Suffocation...no breathing...don’t give a fuck if my insurance covers asthma meds
©@©™

daemon

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2920268/

This post is such disingenuous bullshit and you know it. Blatant trolling.I know you can't possibly believe that the "man pussy" joke is some genius commentary on white privilege, because if you did, you'd have to be fucking braindead, and clearly you have the ability to form complete sentences.

And when the fuck did that poster ever say Dave is obligated to comment on trans women of color because he's black? YOU are the one making his entire thing, including his transphobic bullshit about race. You're the one using someone's race to excuse their transphobia. When you can use his race to your advantage, it's totally okay, right? "Oh! His ENTIRE act is about white privilege. Every joke that you THINK is really targeted at you is just actually about white privilege. So if you have any problems at all, just remember, Dave is black so he MUST be talking about white privilege 100% of the fucking time. But YOU are a bad person because you think he should talk about trans women of color despite taking time out to make fun of trans people." THAT'S what's fucked up.

I know you don't ACTUALLY think this though, because again, that would make you fucking brain dead. What you're REALLY obviously doing is the very popular conservative tactic of turning around accusations to change the conversation. "No, maybe YOU'RE just racist. Let's waste time talking about that now so I don't have to argue against me being a soul-less fucking monster that refuses to have empathy because I think trans people are FUNNY to make fun of, and I don't give a single fucking shit that these jokes contribute to them being hated and murdered on a daily basis, and I will defend that belief no matter how awful it makes me look because I know most people are on my side!"

I don't even agree with every word Llyrwenne is saying but man.

You people never fucking stop. You just absolutely refuse to have any empathy at all.There's really nothing else that can be said, is there?

If you or anyone else wants to respond with "well if you act so aggressive you'll push people awaaaaayyyybbblllahblahblaaah". I really don't give a single fuck. You people have made it completely clear that there is absolutely no argument, no appeal to humanity or decency, that will dig you out of the depth of your hate and apathy.

And I will still be able to say I have more respect for Dave Chapelle for at least trying instead of throwing out bullshit, disingenuous obvious trolling.

I'm not religious, but if a hell exists, I hope you end up there. If you absolutely refuse, if you have to just continue to dig your heels and REFUSE to have any empathy for us, then I have none to spare for you.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Cream and shrug emoji guy both got banned for that. Amazing.
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

Cream and shrug emoji guy both got banned for that. Amazing.

I believe Cream got the boot for the antics in the Trump book thread.

"Extremely hotheaded" lol
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2925049/

That other post probably didn't help though.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Cindi about to catch a long ban.

What for?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
>Thinking all of us have a GAF 2.0 account to know the thread and post you're talking about.

:foodcourt :sabu

Found it. https://www.resetera.com/threads/btw-those-2-chappelle-netflix-specials-are-up.13482/page-30#post-2927412

etiolate

wow cream banned for a week

some 1000 year old dragon is about to get some angry sex

Bore Expert

Gaf is going through its transformation right now. What will come out the other side? I predict something similar to Buffalo Bill in silence of the lambs.

Bore Expert

Cindi about to catch a long ban.

RIP

:noooo

Himu

I was making a big post too.

:yeshrug :idont

Oh well. I mean, I gave it an honest shot. If I do ever come back to Reset I'll ignore every trans thread. I mean :yeshrug It's not too hard because I ignore the trans community irl. One thing I do find funny is how they talk about privilege on the last page. Like white trans peoples voices are seen as more important than black trans voices but most of the Reset trans community is white.

But let the record show. I couldn't make my post but the idea that trans people are above genital jokes or that they are "low brow" is completely wrong. Castrate me please.

IYKYK

zomgee

• We've *all*
If I do ever come back to Reset I'll ignore every trans thread.

I know you want to believe this. But for some reason.... it's like a cat playing with... smaller cats.
rub

Jansen

lol himuro will def get permabanned from era unless you course correct and get in their lane

Nah. You guys are ridiculous. All I've done is express an opinion. I've given my reasons as to how I came to that opinion. I've not insulted anyone. We've had a heated debate, but that's adults being adults and some of us have found common ground.

:rollsafe

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
I feel like what we once would have called an effeminate gay man are now being considered trans.

I would expound upon this further but I have to pay for my Chinese food now.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
Stuff your stupid fucking face instead of illuminating us with that trenchant insight, yes. Mental midget.
reckt

Nabbis

• oops
Cream banned for a week yet Cindi for 2 months. If being mean is a criteria then they sure have interesting priorities.  :lol

M

Not a fan of most of Chappelle's routine on trans people, but Cream's posts on the subject kind of come across as insincere to me.

etiolate

When you guys say "Cindi got banned in that trans thread", I am unsure which thread it could be.

That's sort of reset's prob right now. Every thread could potentially be a Trans or Trump thread. You could probably play a betting game with each new thread there and wager on whether Trans or Trump shows up first.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Cream banned for a week yet Cindi for 2 months. If being mean is a criteria then they sure have interesting priorities.  :lol

That's like Cream's third, maybe fourth ban too.
ὕβρις

Pwnz

Yea, it's an art how Cream avoids perms.

Pwnz

Oh well. I mean, I gave it an honest shot. If I do ever come back to Reset I'll ignore every trans thread. I mean :yeshrug It's not too hard because I ignore the trans community irl. One thing I do find funny is how they talk about privilege on the last page. Like white trans peoples voices are seen as more important than black trans voices but most of the Reset trans community is white.

But let the record show. I couldn't make my post but the idea that trans people are above genital jokes or that they are "low brow" is completely wrong. Castrate me please.

This is one of the golden rules to avoid getting banned - don't post in trans threads. It doesn't matter who you are or what your intentions are, one misinterpretation and you're banned. It's like the forum equivalent to talking to cops.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Stuff your stupid fucking face instead of illuminating us with that trenchant insight, yes. Mental midget.
I briefly reveled in some minor sense of schadenfreude  making him wait for me to finish that sentence, considering I had to wait 20 extra minutes flinger for my food than I was initially told.

I’m a real dick.

HaughtyFrank

How was Cindy's post any different than the million times people say "let me guess, you're white?" in race threads?
They just assumed the most malicious intention and ran with it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Cindi caught 2 months?  :rofl

Cream owns you.  :bow :bow2

Himu

When you guys say "Cindi got banned in that trans thread", I am unsure which thread it could be.

That's sort of reset's prob right now. Every thread could potentially be a Trans or Trump thread. You could probably play a betting game with each new thread there and wager on whether Trans or Trump shows up first.

When the bulk of your personality rests on being trans that's going to happen.
IYKYK

kingv

This is one of the golden rules to avoid getting banned - don't post in trans threads. It doesn't matter who you are or what your intentions are, one misinterpretation and you're banned. It's like the forum equivalent to talking to cops.

Stay out of race threads too, unless you want to drive by that whatever situation was terrible. It’s just not worth it. Eventually you’ll trigger enzom or slayven unintentionally and they will start to argue that BLM is incredibly effective.

Edit: cream is probably like Sweet Nicole’s alt or something. I feel like it’s obviously not on the up and up. The avatars and general craziness assure it.

Mark my words, if Cream is a real person they are the type of trans person that is just a dude in a dress that eventually gets a thread on kiwifarms for masturbsting with their own feces.

Himu

BLM is trash lol
IYKYK