Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174583 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2689278/

Returns from ban to drop this gem

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2982045/

Quote from: LuckyChamCham, post: 2982045, member: 5636
Hey mods, I’M SORRY FOR NOT SHARING THE SAME OPINION AS EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FUCKING THREAD. JUST BECAUSE I SAY WHAT YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR DOES’NT MEAN I’M NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD, BECAUSE I DON’T SHARE THE SAME VIEWS AS THE OTHERS. FORGIVE ME FOR PROMOTING MY WRONG THINK IN YOUR FUCKING ECHO CHAMBER OF A SITE, I THOUGHT THIS PLACE WOULD BE DIFFERENT WHICH IS WHY I NEVER POSTED AT NEOGAF BUT I GUESS NOT. YOU GUYS HAVE THE POWER TO BAN SO  NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DISAGREE WITH YOU AM I RIGHT? FUCK YOU AND YOUR WAY OF DOING THINGS, I NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE ON HERE NOR WAS I DISMISSIVE AND I GOT BANNED FOR DOING SO. I TRIED MY BEST TO UNDERSTAND THE VIEWS OF THE OTHER MEMBERS AND RESPONDED ACCORDINGLY. YOU WERE SO QUICK TO BAN ME TWICE THAT YOU DID’NT EVEN BOTHER ISSUING A WARNING, JUST A STRAIGHT BAN BECAUSE FUCK ME AND MY DISSENTING OPINION SINCE IT DOES’NT FIT YOUR NARRATIVE. ANYWAY, SINCE YOU’RE GOING TO BAN ME AGAIN BECAUSE I’VE HURT YOUR DELICATE FEELINGS PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT AND HAVE FUN IN YOUR SAFE SPACE/ECHO CHAMBER. I DON’T WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS HIVE-MIND COMMUNITY ANYMORE.

Also when you ban someone let them fucking log out of their account lol.. or I’m not allowed to browse the site anymore because I’m not one of you amirite? Fuck this site, have fun with your politics, I’ll be having fun playing video games like normal people. :)

*logs out before ban*

Mod edit: Please don't use red fonts.

In this instance the don't use red fonts made me lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Holy fuck this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-latest-humble-bundle-has-something-really-shady-going-on.16259/

Can't even own up

Edit: From evidence posted in this thread, the charity does seem to be legitimate. However, I still feel that the religious ties within the organisation should be better highlighted.

:comeon

Raist

I don't trust any charities at all. As far as I'm concerned, they're all scams. I don't even trust the big well-known ones like Red Cross.

He has a point to be fair. I used to audit a lot of charities in Ireland and while yes some money does go to actual charity work alot is paying for advertising, directors salaries, bills etc

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Bore Expert

Take the craziest people from Gaf, move them to a new daycare and put several of them in charge. Is anyone really surprised at what it’s become in such a short amount of time? Who didn’t see this coming from a mile away?

:idont

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I got 400 games for a $1, but that dollar better fucking go to some real-ass orphans or I'm gonna throw a shit-fit on the Internet! :maf
©@©™

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2689278/

Returns from ban to drop this gem

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2982045/

Quote from: LuckyChamCham, post: 2982045, member: 5636
Hey mods, I’M SORRY FOR NOT SHARING THE SAME OPINION AS EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FUCKING THREAD. JUST BECAUSE I SAY WHAT YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR DOES’NT MEAN I’M NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD, BECAUSE I DON’T SHARE THE SAME VIEWS AS THE OTHERS. FORGIVE ME FOR PROMOTING MY WRONG THINK IN YOUR FUCKING ECHO CHAMBER OF A SITE, I THOUGHT THIS PLACE WOULD BE DIFFERENT WHICH IS WHY I NEVER POSTED AT NEOGAF BUT I GUESS NOT. YOU GUYS HAVE THE POWER TO BAN SO  NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DISAGREE WITH YOU AM I RIGHT? FUCK YOU AND YOUR WAY OF DOING THINGS, I NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE ON HERE NOR WAS I DISMISSIVE AND I GOT BANNED FOR DOING SO. I TRIED MY BEST TO UNDERSTAND THE VIEWS OF THE OTHER MEMBERS AND RESPONDED ACCORDINGLY. YOU WERE SO QUICK TO BAN ME TWICE THAT YOU DID’NT EVEN BOTHER ISSUING A WARNING, JUST A STRAIGHT BAN BECAUSE FUCK ME AND MY DISSENTING OPINION SINCE IT DOES’NT FIT YOUR NARRATIVE. ANYWAY, SINCE YOU’RE GOING TO BAN ME AGAIN BECAUSE I’VE HURT YOUR DELICATE FEELINGS PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT AND HAVE FUN IN YOUR SAFE SPACE/ECHO CHAMBER. I DON’T WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS HIVE-MIND COMMUNITY ANYMORE.

Also when you ban someone let them fucking log out of their account lol.. or I’m not allowed to browse the site anymore because I’m not one of you amirite? Fuck this site, have fun with your politics, I’ll be having fun playing video games like normal people. :)

*logs out before ban*

Mod edit: Please don't use red fonts.

In this instance the don't use red fonts made me lol

:salute

etiolate

I don't like charities either. There is a weird situation where giving to charities is the upper class deal and it's popular in wealthy communities, but actually dealing with the down trodden is repulsive to them.

That doesn't mean I haven't given to charities, but I do prefer giving the money directly to the people in need. Also, giving to charities is a great way to get never ending junk mail from them.

Like the Whalberg thing is so ridiculous and pathetic that its fitting in ends in a charity donation.  Apparently the controversy stems from an actress doing a reshoot that Mark also did, except the actress has a contract that says she must do reshoots. So she can't negotiate for the reshoot. Mark can and gets paid. Somehow the negativity comes his way or Hollywood's way, when the issue is the agent of the actress not getting her a right of refusal. So to shutup the thing and please a shallow rich community, Mark donates the money to #TimesUp or whatever. And TimesUp is what they were running during that awkward Golden Globes where Hollywood acted almost self-congratulatory for outing these guys after covering for them.

It's all a load of shit.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Who didn’t see this coming from a mile away?
I didn't, to be honest. Mostly because I assumed getting away from Evilore and injecting new blood into the mod and admin positions would change things for the better. What I didn't realize was that they would hand the keys to the most prolific and dogmatic GAF off-topic posters. It's been a disaster. At this point I'd say the old GAF mods and admins were, on the whole, preferable.

I think it was benji (among others) that argued out the userbase would be mostly the same and it was just a matter of time before the good feelings would fade and things would be back to normal. He was right.

etiolate

The only thing that changed was Tyler and he didn't really believe the social justice stuff. He just wanted the loyal, mindless, obedient userbase that austist-stormed the page hit button.

You can read GAF now and the discussions are ten times more sane than Reset. (And 100x less active than.) The community was always the cesspool. They were however endlessly posting over nothing.

HaughtyFrank

Why would anyone pay Mark Wahlberg 1.5 million for fucking reshoots is the real question.

That's kind of what I was thinking. That seems like an absurd amount to pay for such a small amount of reshoots. He couldn't have been paid more than a few million to do the whole movie I'd imagine.

Wahlberg apparently had some extra clause in his contract where every cast change would have to be approved by him, so essentially he demanded 1.5 million or else he wouldn't approve Plummer. Somehow this got turned into a pay gap thing while it was actually Wahlberg being extra greedy and just squeezing the studio for every dime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/11/exclusive-mark-wahlberg-refused-approve-christopher-plummer-unless-he-paid/1026347001/

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3254393/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3254186/

People are not arguing that he went on the war path, grabbed this woman by the hair and just slammed her into the ground without provocation. The issue stems from the myth that black people can take pain better than others.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3255161/

This guy is arguing that academic studies which prove doctors and nurses under rate the pain experienced by black people to whites has anything to do with this pizza man attacking a black lady.

Like, science proves he was racist, not his actions but some academic journals.

sigh

paprikastaude

I never felt the euphoria to begin with, the forum already originated with weird warnings and the obviously dubious moderation team. At this point REee feels even more uncomfortable than Gaf tbh. And of course that would be the case. They all left GAF because of the elve reports alone, not because they reflected upon the entire forum structure. Obviously none of the people in charge or prominent pricks ever asked themselves why such a huge forum could implode within a literal couple of hours. They probably thought that was a normal thing and hence repeat the same shitty way of running things (or rather, doing it even worse).

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
What I didn't realize was that they would hand the keys to the most prolific and dogmatic GAF off-topic posters.
This is not what happened. It might look like that but, from the inside, I can tell you there were many different forces at play, over time, that led to resetera being what it is in just two months.

Quote from: Let's Cyber
It's been a disaster. At this point I'd say the old GAF mods and admins were, on the whole, preferable.
I have a lot to say about this. Much of it I don't want to say in public out of politeness. Besides Sweet Nicole's irrepressible tendency to detonate at even the slightest possibility of transphobic content (which comes from some deep seated paranoia and insecurity), I think the admins' hearts are all in the right place. They are not interested in any kind of ideological crusade or social authoritarian project. The best way to tell what their original intentions were is to return to the site's beginning:
- they set up rules designed to discourage dogpiling and toxicity
- the rules broadly concerned themselves only with hostility and civil conduct
- the rules were enforced even (and especially) when it defended conservative members and viewpoints from vicious posters like cream and lime
- internally, debates about this were always resolved by admins who said (paraphrasing and ad-libbing to recreate tone) "ffs, if they're not breaking the rules, not promoting hateful or prejudiced content and they're keeping it civil, they're allowed to post".
- in my memory the people who ever "got got" were those who broke other rules like sharing questionable sources. This rule also includes left wing propaganda! I warned someone (or closed a thread, I can't remember) for spreading alternet nonsense.
- the most arbitrary thing that would happen is warning someone for a "thread derail". I could justify this but I doubt the bore cares. I'll simply say that we made sure to distinguish between "a person on the wrong end of a dogpile" and "some jackass that really insists on being a moron".

You can tell these were all mostly good things because in the first few weeks of the site the amount of engagement in this thread over the site was... really low. Now, I can check this thread daily and get a good laugh out of it. This isn't to say the admin are perfect. I have a million grievances I've shared in private with a couple of people here and wouldn't volunteer to be their internet hall monitor again even if they paid me for it. I'm just saying the admin aren't the problem.

I'm not going to describe exactly what did go wrong because that would involve naming specific people for specific reasons. But just so this post isn't an "I know something you don't know" post, I will say what I think should happen. The admins (the "mod captains", specifically) need to do put their foot down. They need to look over every mod action in the mod logs and say "this is inconsistent with what we're trying to do or what we want our mods to do". They need to make sure the mods have the baseline intelligence and competency to be trusted with telling people off. This is more important than it was on GAF because warnings are transparent, so if you're going to be the world's biggest jerkoff and tell someone to stfu, you better be right. And at minimum you should know how to write an english sentence. It might seem funny (it certainly did to me) that a video game forum is "serious business", but everyone here who makes fun of a spelling error obviously agrees that it shouldn't be unserious business. And, although I'm not sure how to accomplish this, they need to not feel pressured by the warning system which should be renamed the tattle-tale system. We kept track of report-abusers while I was there but that doesn't change that one controversial post would always get a storm of reports.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:47:37 PM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Honestly, why is there so many mods and how did they get nominated?

shosta

they thought they were going to have 100,000 members by the end of the year
每天生气

Rahxephon91

Why would anyone pay Mark Wahlberg 1.5 million for fucking reshoots is the real question.
Well there was and he did.

But I guess the man is a monster for being paid for his work and not the same amount of an actress nobody knows.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I hope that being banned once or twice on resetera and being warned occasionally and being banned tons of times from Gaf and being a known contrarian who rebukes centralised authority doesn't impact impact my sincere desire to be considered for resetera's moderation team.

Boredfrom

The “let’s shill for the Black Panther film by baiting Trump” feels a little gross to me.

Raist

they thought they were going to have 100,000 members by the end of the year

:crowdlaff

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I only signed up here about the time of gafcopalypse, to call someone a cunt (i think he was called piikman?)

Even as I went through the tedious email setup and account setup I thought "Is this worth 10 minutes of my life?"

Fortunately I now have a two'fer, so I'll just copypaste

Assimilate, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.
This made me feel warm inside. Thank you  :uguu

Why the fuck would anyone pay Michelle Williams that kind of money? She doesn't make people go to the theater. These people have lost their fucking minds.

I mean, sure. But it is a problem? Why are women getting paid less than men? J.Law when she was name-brand a few years ago was making less than Bale or Renner (Renner, who was even less "name-brand" than she was) on American Hustle. Women leads get paid significantly less despite the rising fame of them compared to their male counter-parts.

Honestly, I'd rather people focus on getting PoC and women more starring roles than anything. But the pay gap would be #2.
Is it a problem? There's not many actresses that pull people to the theater, and the ones that do are usually the young hot thing of the moment. That's the way it is, and until women are the majority going to the movies it will remain that way.

WHo the fuck would want to pay Michelle Williams anything close to a million dollars? nobody knows who she is by name. And despite people hating Marky Mark there's a lot of people that do enjoy going to see him (for some fucking reason ,he's usually terrible)

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
What I didn't realize was that they would hand the keys to the most prolific and dogmatic GAF off-topic posters.
This is not what happened. It might look like that but, from the inside, I can tell you there were many different forces at play, over time, that led to resetera being what it is in just two months.

It's been a disaster. At this point I'd say the old GAF mods and admins were, on the whole, preferable.
I have a lot to say about this. Much of it I don't want to say in public out of politeness. Besides Sweet Nicole's irrepressible tendency to detonate at even the slightest possibility of transphobic content (which comes from some deep seated paranoia and insecurity), I think the admins' hearts are all in the right place. They are not interested in any kind of ideological crusade or social authoritarian project. The best way to tell what their original intentions were is to return to the site's beginning:
- they set up rules designed to discourage dogpiling and toxicity
- the rules broadly concerned themselves only with hostility and civil conduct
- the rules were enforced even (and especially) when it defended conservative members and viewpoints from vicious posters like cream and lime
- internally, debates about this were always resolved by admins who said (paraphrasing and ad-libbing to recreate tone) "ffs, if they're not breaking the rules, not promoting hateful or prejudiced content and they're keeping it civil, they're allowed to post".
- in my memory the people who ever "got got" were those who broke other rules like sharing questionable sources. This rule also includes left wing propaganda! I warned someone (or closed a thread, I can't remember) for spreading alternet nonsense.
- the most arbitrary thing that would happen is warning someone for a "thread derail". I could justify this but I doubt the bore cares. I'll simply say that we made sure to distinguish between "a person on the wrong end of a dogpile" and "some jackass that really insists on being a moron".

You can tell these were all mostly good things because in the first few weeks of the site the amount of engagement in this thread over the site was... really low. Now, I can check this thread daily and get a good laugh out of it. This isn't to say the admin are perfect. I have a million grievances I've shared in private with a couple of people here and wouldn't volunteer to be their internet hall monitor again even if they paid me for it. I'm just saying the admin aren't the problem.

I'm not going to describe exactly what did go wrong because that would involve naming specific people for specific reasons. But just so this post isn't an "I know something you don't know" post, I will say what I think should happen. The admins (the "mod captains", specifically) need to do put their foot down. They need to look over every mod action in the mod logs and say "this is inconsistent with what we're trying to do or what we want our mods to do". They need to make sure the mods have the baseline intelligence and competency to be trusted with telling people off. This is more important than it was on GAF because warnings are transparent, so if you're going to be the world's biggest jerkoff and tell someone to stfu, you better be right. And at minimum you should know how to write an english sentence. It might seem funny (it certainly did to me) that a video game forum is "serious business", but everyone here who makes fun of a spelling error obviously agrees that it shouldn't be unserious business. And, although I'm not sure how to accomplish this, they need to not feel pressured by the warning system which should be renamed the tattle-tale system. We kept track of report-abusers while I was there but that doesn't change that one controversial post would always get a storm of reports.

I mean, Morrigan, Slayven and Royalan were all given moderator positions. We all knew no amount of rules were going to stop them.

Although slaven hasn’t been that bad outwardly, but it’s canceled out by people like sweet nicole, among others, being completely unhinged.

I’ve got $20 that says  Bobby! will  get promoted to moderator by year’s end.

nudemacusers

Quote from: Queenvee
  Hi, I’m kind of afraid to even post this after being silenced on ResetEra. I was sharing my story, posting about real issues rape victims have in the aftermath and the moderator decided to lock my thread which isn’t right. They said it was because I spoke about my husband who was another user of ResetEra and because people gave me some negative replies they thought that wouldn’t be good for me, and “ nothing good can come of this” and I think that’s not their decision what I can handle... I mean of course people are going to post negative posts too. I just thought wow they are silencing me AGAIN after I was brave enough to speak up, they want me to shut up and for this thread to go away. They told me I could either speak with them or go onto their MENTAL HEALTH thread! Excuse me!!!! Mental health is a whole other issue entirely from rape victims... that was super insulting. They also said that my thread had been “open long enough” long enough for me to talk about these issues, long enough for me to feel better? Ugh I have more to say but I’m so upset and hurt right now I’m almost in tears! After Neogaf scandal is the reason they created Reset Era they go and shut up a rape victim... take away my voice... I just wanted this to be heard and known. If I need to clarify anything let me know, I’m just very disturbed by them deciding to silence me when I was portraying real issues that we deal with in the aftermath.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-silenced-my-voice.16262/
The source thread is... yikes

Lately I’ve been having a lot of bad dreams about my husbands friends raping me. I don’t know why. I think it’s bizarre. I don’t feel like I’ve been afraid of men because of what happened to me but at the same time maybe I do... and I’m scared lately and I don’t know how to tell my husband that because I feel like he doesn’t really listen to me. I feel like he’s trapped inside of games and Resetera forums and I don’t know how to get my husband back because I need him right now. I just had to vent that because I’ve been having so much trouble lately.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

I mean, Morrigan, Slayven and Royalan were all given moderator positions. We all knew no amount of rules were going to stop them.

Although slaven hasn’t been that bad outwardly, but it’s canceled out by people like sweet nicole, among others, being completely unhinged.

I’ve got $20 that says  Bobby! will  get promoted to moderator by year’s end.

I don't think Slayven actually does anything.  He still spends his time trying to be the first post in a thread and saying something unrelated to the article and then does nothing to contribute to the thread but quoting others and saying some variation of "this is the truth."

He probably knows how stupid his warnings would sound. 

I assume The Black Culture thread campaigned to get one of theirs as mod and the admin realized he was the softest of them.

sigh

HaughtyFrank

*snip*

Oh man, I'd love to know who uses the report function the most.

Let's Cyber

The end result is the same. Maybe it wasn't intentional but here we are.

I can't get too off in the weeds with the other stuff with you, because I have very little information about how the sausage is currently being made behind the scenes. I'll just have to take your word for it. But seeing the final product and it looks like some the worst aspects of 2017 GAF off-topic distilled. And honestly from the outside, it looks like many of the rookie mistakes we referenced back in October/November concerning managing a new online community have been made. Including having too many cooks in the kitchen trying to make decisions, too many mods and rampant nepotism. Dear Leader Malka was mostly driven by ego and had an abundance of problems as a community leader, but I think some of the people he elevated to admins had a much better handle on things than the current leaders at Reset do.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-okay-to-support-developers-with-ideologies-you-don%E2%80%99t-support.16142/
Kingdom come deliverance is out in a couple weeks and the game seems like it might alright, problem is that the developers are apparently associate with the alt right. Is it okay for me to buy this game or am I supporting a dev that has harmful ideas that affect women and PoC poorly?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3228278/
Didn't realize that about the devs of the game OP, can you elaborate on that a little bit?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3228310/
I don’t have any evidence but I remember back in the gaf days someone posting about some of devs ideas. Sorry I can’t elaborate
I really don't know how people like this even function in real life.  The whole thing is very childish and naive to an extreme. I mean, I don't give to certain charities/organizations that work against causes I support. But there's a difference between that and not buying steak from the store because I'm unsure if the butcher is a Trump supporter. Here's the thing, if you have an iota of wisdom and have bothered to have an actual conversation with someone (not an internet conversation, not a normal conversation, but a true deep, meaningful conversation) you'll find people are flawed. All of them. Everyone will have a view you don't agree with, everyone has done/probably does something that you wouldn't approve of. Everyone. Everywhere. No exceptions. Now, that's not to say that everyone should go out and play rapelay. But there's a massive continent of difference between a developer having libertopian leanings and rapelay. You need to understand what's fair to judge people for and against. Honestly, I don't see reseters deciding not to buy gas because the mercenary armies or exxon and all of them just love Apple despite the very well documented shady business practices and horrible work conditions.  I fail to see why a game developer should be held to a higher standard, outside of because you're just trying to virtue signal and it's easy to do that for a commodity that's just entertainment.  But if you're going to be consistent, you'll have to practically have to remove all entertainment. I know a lot of foley artists are very conservative, so movies are out. Rock music and groupies? Yup, that's WAY out. Writers? Dude, they're some of the biggest pervs out there. So they're out. Maybe people should grow the fuck up and embrace human imperfection and enjoy the fact that at times imperfect people can create perfect things.
que

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Wahlberg apparently had some extra clause in his contract where every cast change would have to be approved by him, so essentially he demanded 1.5 million or else he wouldn't approve Plummer. Somehow this got turned into a pay gap thing while it was actually Wahlberg being extra greedy and just squeezing the studio for every dime.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/11/exclusive-mark-wahlberg-refused-approve-christopher-plummer-unless-he-paid/1026347001/
Apparently Wahlberg was the major focus of their overseas marketing due to his draw factor being huge for some reason, and he had already taken a rate cut to even be in the movie, so while everyone else on the cast agreed to do the reshoots for union or just above union minimums (which the union actually was upset about) his agent was like lol fuck no my commission brehs

Though I don't believe the claim that Wahlberg didn't know and it was all his agent.

The weirdest part to me is how much they decided to reshoot. I had assumed Plummer could do a bunch of it with minimal cast/stand-ins and they just edit the shots. Like normal. But apparently they reshot entire scenes including where Plummer/Spacey wasn't a major factor. Maybe somebody grew a mustache or something and they had no $50 million CGI budget to erase it.

benjipwns

Holy fuck this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-latest-humble-bundle-has-something-really-shady-going-on.16259/
I got 400 games for a $1, but that dollar better fucking go to some real-ass orphans or I'm gonna throw a shit-fit on the Internet! :maf
seriously, these dopes, there's even fucking sliders to adjust who gets what

they'd probably be just as upset about how often i zero out nearly all the devs and the charity completely (especially when childs play is the mandatory charity) including this bundle where i zeroed out every dev but the homefront devs (since not only did they go through shit making that game all the rest have been in multiple bundles or were offering stuff like the first Killing Floor again) :lol

i have EFF set as my preferred charity as its one of the few they offer i'd actually like to send money to and i never even give them any of my store purchases, GIMME DAT HUMBLE CREDIT  :money

benjipwns

He has a point to be fair. I used to audit a lot of charities in Ireland and while yes some money does go to actual charity work alot is paying for advertising, directors salaries, bills etc

see, now if you were a political obsessive, this is the kind of poster you'd pull receipts on to see if they ever made statements like "all [some industry] should be non-profit organizations"

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-okay-to-support-developers-with-ideologies-you-don%E2%80%99t-support.16142/
Kingdom come deliverance is out in a couple weeks and the game seems like it might alright, problem is that the developers are apparently associate with the alt right. Is it okay for me to buy this game or am I supporting a dev that has harmful ideas that affect women and PoC poorly?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3228278/
Didn't realize that about the devs of the game OP, can you elaborate on that a little bit?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3228310/
I don’t have any evidence but I remember back in the gaf days someone posting about some of devs ideas. Sorry I can’t elaborate
I really don't know how people like this even function in real life.  The whole thing is very childish and naive to an extreme. I mean, I don't give to certain charities/organizations that work against causes I support. But there's a difference between that and not buying steak from the store because I'm unsure if the butcher is a Trump supporter. Here's the thing, if you have an iota of wisdom and have bothered to have an actual conversation with someone (not an internet conversation, not a normal conversation, but a true deep, meaningful conversation) you'll find people are flawed. All of them. Everyone will have a view you don't agree with, everyone has done/probably does something that you wouldn't approve of. Everyone. Everywhere. No exceptions. Now, that's not to say that everyone should go out and play rapelay. But there's a massive continent of difference between a developer having libertopian leanings and rapelay. You need to understand what's fair to judge people for and against. Honestly, I don't see reseters deciding not to buy gas because the mercenary armies or exxon and all of them just love Apple despite the very well documented shady business practices and horrible work conditions.  I fail to see why a game developer should be held to a higher standard, outside of because you're just trying to virtue signal and it's easy to do that for a commodity that's just entertainment.  But if you're going to be consistent, you'll have to practically have to remove all entertainment. I know a lot of foley artists are very conservative, so movies are out. Rock music and groupies? Yup, that's WAY out. Writers? Dude, they're some of the biggest pervs out there. So they're out. Maybe people should grow the fuck up and embrace human imperfection and enjoy the fact that at times imperfect people can create perfect things.

It's okay to support products made in Chinese sweatshops. The actual important social issue is that you don't call Chinese people inappropiate words that might offend white nerds in America.

I.e.: this why being a social studies police makes you a total distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:10:58 PM by Spieler1 »

benjipwns

Trump is not Hitler but he more pretty close to be a Banana Republic dictator. But he is still a racist white nationalist prick.
Banana Republic dictator seems like an apt description of Trump. A lot of those guy were also racist.
wow, never knew those stores were ran so terribly, glad i never shopped there :smug

Jansen

*snip*

Oh man, I'd love to know who uses the report function the most.

softass excelsiorwhatever with like 8000 posts is definitely the top user

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Messofanego is almost certainly in the top 3 of people who hit the report button. Maybe Morrigan is his senpai and he thinks it’ll make her notice him.

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3262903/

Quote from: Soul Unison, post: 3262903, member: 5005
I'm still waiting for him to come out of the closet and for his supporters to collectively pass on from instantaneous aneurysm.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3263128/

:doge

clothedmacuser

Don't forget Enzom.  He's already trotted out his second favorite line.  "PM the mods if you have a problem, they can't see everything," and then deny being a snitch when confronted.

Edit: "Use the report problem if you have an issue."
sigh

clothedmacuser

I’m sure this has been answered before in this thread, but wtf is a community resettler?

It means all members are equal but some are more equal than others.

I seriously do not understand men who can get turned on without being 100% sure of consent and to ensure their partner is really into it and enjoying themselves.

My pleasure is derived from my partner’s comfort level and pleasure.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3265361/

:gaben :expert :ego

It's not even MessofanEgo saying that.
sigh

Averon

That Chelsea Manning senate thread has been a blast the last few pages. It is like I am right back in OT GAF in late 2016  :lol

Averon

dp

benjipwns

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10000 on: January 14, 2018, 12:52:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-manning-files-to-run-for-u-s-senate-in-maryland.16236/page-9#post-3263923
But I think it's very revealing that you only used the word "rightly" when describing denouncing Democrats and not the hypothetical of denouncing an alt-right scumbag like Julian Assange.

Because to you it's more important to oppose Democrats than to actually oppose an alt-right scumbag like Julian Assange.
Chelsea Manning - who has absolutely zero experience in public service, no education, nothing to bring to the table - comes out firing at other progressive democrats, suddenly moves to Maryland, lives in an area that some posters here insist should be out of her budget, and then declares a senate run against a popular sitting progressive senator? I'm not saying she's a russian agent, but we've seen Putin do this before. All she has to be is a useful idiot, much like Trump. Someone should take a look at where her money and her election war chest are coming from.
Who said anything about a double agent? All I have been suggesting is that she is knowingly trying to help the alt-right by spending all of her time pretty much ONLY attacking democrats under the false guise of claiming they aren't progressive enough.
It's not about a purity test. We are talking about someone who Manning DIRECTLY WORKED WITH. Kinda a big fucking deal to know that Manning is willing to condemn alt-right scumbags even if they are alt-right scumbags who she previously worked with.

Oh I'm sorry did that make too much sense to you?

Out of curiosity, did you think Wikileaks was a russian front in 2009?

Well since we NOW know that Wikileaks is clearly a Russian Front propping up the alt-right (a political group that hates Trans people like Chelsea Manning), I assume Manning would want to denounce Wikileaks/Assange more recently, right?
considering she actually leaked shit to Russians, and is targeting what appears to be a popular Democratic progressive senator? After living in the state for all of 5 minutes?

:thinking:
:delicious :putin

clothedmacuser

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10001 on: January 14, 2018, 12:58:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3266289/

"Where are you from?"

"Texas."

"Oh, well where are your parents from?"

"Texas."

"Uh, grand parents?"

"Texas."

"Great grand parents?"

"Texas."

"Great great grand parents?"

"Texas."

"...k."

"Great great great grand parents?"

"The nation of  Albert Einstienia"
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #10002 on: January 14, 2018, 01:00:56 AM »

I'm still waiting for him to come out of the closet and for his supporters to collectively pass on from instantaneous aneurysm.

so basically saying Brady's fans are homophobes is only worth a warning :derp

sphagnum

« Reply #10003 on: January 14, 2018, 01:02:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-manning-files-to-run-for-u-s-senate-in-maryland.16236/page-9#post-3263923
But I think it's very revealing that you only used the word "rightly" when describing denouncing Democrats and not the hypothetical of denouncing an alt-right scumbag like Julian Assange.

Because to you it's more important to oppose Democrats than to actually oppose an alt-right scumbag like Julian Assange.
Chelsea Manning - who has absolutely zero experience in public service, no education, nothing to bring to the table - comes out firing at other progressive democrats, suddenly moves to Maryland, lives in an area that some posters here insist should be out of her budget, and then declares a senate run against a popular sitting progressive senator? I'm not saying she's a russian agent, but we've seen Putin do this before. All she has to be is a useful idiot, much like Trump. Someone should take a look at where her money and her election war chest are coming from.
Who said anything about a double agent? All I have been suggesting is that she is knowingly trying to help the alt-right by spending all of her time pretty much ONLY attacking democrats under the false guise of claiming they aren't progressive enough.
It's not about a purity test. We are talking about someone who Manning DIRECTLY WORKED WITH. Kinda a big fucking deal to know that Manning is willing to condemn alt-right scumbags even if they are alt-right scumbags who she previously worked with.

Oh I'm sorry did that make too much sense to you?

Out of curiosity, did you think Wikileaks was a russian front in 2009?

Well since we NOW know that Wikileaks is clearly a Russian Front propping up the alt-right (a political group that hates Trans people like Chelsea Manning), I assume Manning would want to denounce Wikileaks/Assange more recently, right?
considering she actually leaked shit to Russians, and is targeting what appears to be a popular Democratic progressive senator? After living in the state for all of 5 minutes?

:thinking:
:delicious :putin

This thread is the first thing to make me feel a need to complain here because it's just so dumb

benjipwns

« Reply #10004 on: January 14, 2018, 01:04:50 AM »
CHELSEA MANNING IS PINK RIGHT DOWN TO HER UNDERWEAR!

benjipwns

« Reply #10005 on: January 14, 2018, 01:06:57 AM »
likely because she mixed her alt-right Nazi armbands and banners in with her whites before washing, proving the case for segregation between the colors and the whites! social studies warriors destroyed by reality yet again!

benjipwns

« Reply #10006 on: January 14, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »
a policy i'm sure KKKlorox Bleach endorses no matter how much they paid the old moderators of NeoGAF.com to silence the truth

nudemacusers

« Reply #10007 on: January 14, 2018, 01:13:17 AM »

so basically saying Brady's fans are homophobes is only worth a warning :derp
Pats fans aren’t people tho
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #10008 on: January 14, 2018, 01:15:47 AM »
I like that the Jamie Lannister guy from gaf is still in full receiptsTM mode  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #10009 on: January 14, 2018, 01:17:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3266645/
Yeah I really trust someone like THAT to be genuine in their progressivism.

Kurdel Volimar ? Care to comment?
:rofl

this dude is so fucking stupid, he's disproving his own argument with these Manning tweets :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #10010 on: January 14, 2018, 01:19:01 AM »
Well this is basically the millionth time you haven't actually given an argument, but rather a refusal to argue.

Usually a refusal to show one's logic is a sign of a bad faith argument.
:drudge HE SAID THE SECRET PHRASE :drudge

benjipwns

« Reply #10011 on: January 14, 2018, 01:21:06 AM »
So your response to blatant proof of Julian Assange being a new age neonazi is "well a new age neonazi is better than someone who I think supports THAT MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX"?
Assange has leveled up from Russan agent to "alt-right" to "new age neonazi" in just the course of this guys posts!

benjipwns

« Reply #10012 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »
He's convinced me, now I'm questioning if IcedBlackCoffee's continued severely poor reading comprehension might also be a Russian alt-right new age neonazi plot to secretly undermine the Democrats? :thinking

Averon

« Reply #10013 on: January 14, 2018, 01:45:08 AM »
Did IcedBlackCoffee go by a different name on GAF? I am pretty sure I remember someone just like him in the GAF OT political threads.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #10014 on: January 14, 2018, 01:54:29 AM »
You don't remember Testoftide, kiddo?

You're probably unable to explain Howard Dean's 50 State strategy which means you really have no business in this discussion anyway.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
is recalling poster's old GAF usernames considered doxxing?  :omg
[close]

shosta

« Reply #10015 on: January 14, 2018, 01:55:02 AM »
We had issues with IcedBlackCoffee iirc. He was modshopping for someone to let him post a hitlist of Twitter users who he said we're "fake progressives", and would PM mods on discord relentlessly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:02:54 AM by Shostakovich »
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10016 on: January 14, 2018, 02:04:12 AM »
Let's cyber were you the one that was saying I was dashing and handsome? I remember someone here said that, trying to remember who...
que

Averon

« Reply #10017 on: January 14, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »
Ah, I remember Testoftide. He was one of the more aggressive Yass Queen!!!! cheer leaders.

sphagnum

« Reply #10018 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:29 AM »
What do I have to do to get a Fake Progressive tag there

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10019 on: January 14, 2018, 02:19:29 AM »
What do I have to do to get a Fake Progressive tag there
:shaq