Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174459 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11940 on: January 24, 2018, 08:21:41 AM »

He got in good with Sony because Bish was friends with Adam Boyes, who took him on giant bomb and shit where everyone fucking hated him. Adam Boyes got to use the forum for sony and lore wouldnt say shit to bish for years because of it, despite knowing how much he was abusing his position he didnt want to lose his status. Bish got removed not long after Adam Boyes left Sony.

This was what i found criminal. The purging of xbox fans on that site was ludicrous. Bish is the absolute worst.

jorma

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11941 on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

You can have fat characters but they will be female and sexualized

quickly, reeera, do the social justice math to decide if you're allowed to support this or not
Oh sure, she's white and probably straight and. Cis too. You shitlord.

Actually... most animoe characters are japanese, they just look white to white priviliged shitlords like yourself!

White people, smh.

« Reply #11942 on: January 24, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »
Jesus these beta ass nerdlinger cucks are so triggered by ess jay dumbs they're caping for the shower dweller himself. If GAF is such a pleasant forum now how about you fucks take your crybaby bitchposts back there?

Any supposed cucking is more about Resetera being a toxic dump that's worse now than any point in Pre-shower GAF history.
It's truly remarkable how quickly that place went downhill and that was without any help from elfboy.

GAF is a shithole.  Tyler let it collapse.  It's mostly leper-worthy people posting over there now.  Tyler fucked up in ways that are too many to count.  Even setting aside the cringe posts, showergate, and the amirox debacle, there were different points throughout that time where lore did shit things that would cause good people to be banned, deleted, or voluntarily bail out. Censoring swear words, blocking certain sites, and deleting and/or banning users for the dumbest shit, etc.  Even petty crap like removing smileys and blocking animated avatars because his board was somehow "above" those things was dumb. 

If he was going to be an absent owner he should have kept his mouth shut and paid the old moderators circa 2004-2008ish to keep things going.  He could have registered under a different name to participate, but instead he injected himself into the forum in often terrible ways and undermined or shit on a lot of good moderators.
How did those old mods get picked?  There obviously was a time when GAF was good while Lore was in charge.

Going from memory, we had some good people there either moderating or "protected"
White Man/TVC-15
Drinky
Hitokage (RIP)
Mandark
-jinx-
Jim
WasabiKing
And probably a few I'm forgetting.

Even mid 2000s Bish seemed fine to me in my memory.

Anywho, what's done is done.
Ree is just a sort of headline/gaming aggregator for me anymore (reddit is blocked at work)
Gaf isn't even a place to look at anymore, really. 

Luckily we have the bore. 

TBH I'm embarassed I've typed so many words about GAF/Lore. 
I'm getting old.  I miss the good ol days of 2006 where GAF was good, thebore exsisted, I wasn't fat, and I never had to read the words Resetera, Sweet Nicole, or Milkshäke Duçk.

FStop7

« Reply #11943 on: January 24, 2018, 09:50:49 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3507248/

This is not the place for frivolity, irreverence or fun of any kind. Please direct any concerns with site management to Rowlf.

Thank you.

Don't forget, No Fun Allowed is an actual site policy.

1. Newsfeed
2. How deep up your ass is your head when you run a video game forum and sincerely write something that stupid. :lol :lol :lol

« Reply #11944 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:56 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3507248/

This is not the place for frivolity, irreverence or fun of any kind. Please direct any concerns with site management to Rowlf.

Thank you.

Don't forget, No Fun Allowed is an actual site policy.

1. Newsfeed
2. How deep up your ass is your head when you run a video game forum and sincerely write something that stupid. :lol :lol :lol

Heh, Rowlf seemed like one of the "better ones". 
I almost want to give the benefit of the doubt that he's taking the piss by saying Ree is a No Fun Allowed Zone.
I mean, he's right, but it's weird to go out and say it.

Himu

« Reply #11945 on: January 24, 2018, 10:18:59 AM »
Anyone rooting for Tyler needs a real hard look in the mirror. He deserved for his site to go down the shitter. It's pretty much his own doing. Thinking he's "not so bad" because you disagree with the folks at Reset Era is some corny shit.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11946 on: January 24, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
Anyone rooting for Tyler needs a real hard look in the mirror. He deserved for his site to go down the shitter. It's pretty much his own doing. Thinking he's "not so bad" because you disagree with the folks at Reset Era is some corny shit.

The one thing I'll say is that everything that has happened has at least made him ease up a bit on things, but it doesn't seem like this has humbled him and he was acting like a douchebag for years.  Back before the forum was NeoGAF and he had total control of it, even. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11947 on: January 24, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
Imagine sucking Evilore's cock cause you are triggered by another forum. Sounds like some overly sensitive, thin skinned, millennial shit to me :doge

nudemacusers

« Reply #11948 on: January 24, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
Even worse, freenudemacuser1’s account still hasn’t been approved 😤

In other news

https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-messenger-doesnt-allow-sending-links-to-resetera.18546/

:hans1
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #11949 on: January 24, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »
Imagine sucking Evilore's cock cause you are triggered by another forum. Sounds like some overly sensitive, thin skinned, millennial shit to me :doge

Before reset, THeBore.com was that triggering forum.
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11950 on: January 24, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »

I guess that's proof that you should always keep up appearances. Good publicity, no matter how superficial, can linger around. The dude was a petty, lazy, Internet tyrant.
ὕβρις

tummyfat

« Reply #11951 on: January 24, 2018, 10:49:39 AM »
Resetera is doomed if they can't even spot lazy troll accounts like Hansel and Cream but ban other people for not 'arguing in good faith'

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11952 on: January 24, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
Evilore hired contractors to moderate neogaf? So he wasnt paying mods anything before that?

No, but maybe a small gift basket for Christmas would have been nice.
©@©™

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #11953 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:39 AM »
Jesus these beta ass nerdlinger cucks are so triggered by ess jay dumbs they're caping for the shower dweller himself. If GAF is such a pleasant forum now how about you fucks take your crybaby bitchposts back there?

It seems that the ones that are triggered are the sensitive snowflakes itt that have made a trillion posts in one page all perpetually whining because someone prefers neogaf than the new ess jay dumbs hellhole they continue visiting like the masochistic suckers they are. I mean, no complains from me here because the drama you bring from there is funny but don't pretend you're better than me after you visit that toxic dump where you are afraid to even say the wrong word.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11954 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »

quickly, reeera, do the social justice math to decide if you're allowed to support this or not

Actually... most animoe characters are japanese, they just look white to white priviliged shitlords like yourself!

White people, smh.
For those keeping score at home Jorma gets +5 virtue signal points for condescension, but -10 for assuming a colored person was white. 
que

Shuri

« Reply #11955 on: January 24, 2018, 11:21:51 AM »
The old crew of mods all came from the #ga irc channel, so it’s all oldschool gaffers and people who’ve known each others for decades.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11956 on: January 24, 2018, 11:26:33 AM »

It seems that the ones that are triggered are the sensitive snowflakes itt that have made a trillion posts in one page all perpetually whining because someone prefers neogaf than the new ess jay dumbs hellhole

They both suck. Please kill yourself, Floptimus. 'Lore is a petty unimportant tyrant that thinks he's bigger than he (formerly fat) was. *autistic screeching* is just GAF post 2017 done worse with shadowy owners. Anybody arguing about either should consider their time spent elsewhere.

t. Someone that doesn't give a shit about your cocksucking of 'Lore.

Optimus

« Reply #11957 on: January 24, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »

It seems that the ones that are triggered are the sensitive snowflakes itt that have made a trillion posts in one page all perpetually whining because someone prefers neogaf than the new ess jay dumbs hellhole

They both suck. Please kill yourself, Floptimus. 'Lore is a petty unimportant tyrant that thinks he's bigger than he (formerly fat) was. *autistic screeching* is just GAF post 2017 done worse with shadowy owners. Anybody arguing about either should consider their time spent elsewhere.

t. Someone that doesn't give a shit about your cocksucking of 'Lore.

Choke on a dick, simpleton. The fact that you people are too distinguished mentally-challenged to understand that I'm not defending Evilore but the new GAF says volumes. My whole point is that neogaf is better because it wasn't Evilore's actions but his laziness and his inaction to do anything about the lunatics that made that forum a shithole. SJ Ws made the forum a complete shithole not his relatively rare antics and you fucking know it. It was the relentless bans, threats and dogpilling sanctioned by the mods that shaped the forum not Evilore and his immature bullshit who btw was rarely in the forum especially the last 3-4 years. That's what I'm trying to explain to you morons.

Why is resetera such a nightmare, is it because of Evilore again? Is it his influence or is it the destructive fucking ideology cunts like you are always trying to downplay the toxic nature of?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:33:03 PM by Optimus »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11958 on: January 24, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Thug1's gotta be out of his mind if he thinks that so many forum members all just up and left because of "groupthink shit," too- his shower antics were the match that set off the powderkeg that was building up for years.  It was just what finally got everyone to leave and go somewhere else...where the shitty moderation continues.  But at least Cerium seems like a good guy.
ど助平

tummyfat

« Reply #11959 on: January 24, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
    I used to visit Neogaf as a child.
    Personally I still believe in Evilore's innocence
    Something doesn't add up: At the height of his popularity and physical attractiveness why would he have to resort to such measures?
    Him, handsome, funny and articulate, the 2010s, the sun is shining, Austin.

I don't know man, everything else would be a fucking tragedy.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11960 on: January 24, 2018, 12:32:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-messenger-doesnt-allow-sending-links-to-resetera.18546/

:hans1
I imagine we have some posters that work for Facebook, hopefully they'll see this thread.
I really didn't anticipate that second half of your sentence. I thought you were going to say "they probably reported it".
i like this one because not only does it assume they have Facebook employees on the forum, but that they're there for purely nefarious ends against the forum specifically

Optimus

« Reply #11961 on: January 24, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
    I used to visit Neogaf as a child.
    Personally I still believe in Evilore's innocence
    Something doesn't add up: At the height of his popularity and physical attractiveness why would he have to resort to such measures?
    Him, handsome, funny and articulate, the 2010s, the sun is shining, Austin.

I don't know man, everything else would be a fucking tragedy.

Goddamn, that's nearly perfect trolling especially given the audience. I hope the poster pulls through I'm rooting for him.   :clap

edit: aaaaaaaaand banned.

Trurl

« Reply #11962 on: January 24, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »
Are we allowed to talk about any forum here or just the GAF diaspora?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #11963 on: January 24, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
Feel free to.

There's much interesting shit out there besides GAF/RE.

Jansen

« Reply #11964 on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bill-cosby-does-surprise-stand-up-at-philly-club.18512/

Quote from: Shugga, post: 3694621, member: 2809
Truly the master of surprise

Quote from: BlueTsunami, post: 3694867, member: 24952
Once again forcing people into a situation they didnt want

:rofl
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:53:26 PM by Jansen »

jorma

« Reply #11965 on: January 24, 2018, 12:59:51 PM »

White people, smh.
For those keeping score at home Jorma gets +5 virtue signal points for condescension, but -10 for assuming a colored person was white.

The optics though. They were so bad that my outburst was not only understandable, it was necessary.

Coitus

« Reply #11966 on: January 24, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »
Optimus if you tweet Evilore a link to this thread you can probably get your gaf account back

Optimus

« Reply #11967 on: January 24, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »
Optimus if you tweet Evilore a link to this thread you can probably get your gaf account back

I have a shitload of accounts in both in resetera and neogaf. The only thing I regret is wasting an afternoon making them for resetera.

Except you did defend EviLore;  god damn people like you are obnoxious.

I took Evilore's side only on one subject in this discussion and WHAT A SURPRISE that subject again had everything to do with SJ Ws. Every time I've agreed with Evilore in this forum was when it was against these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows and their warped ideology. Take. the fucking. hint.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11968 on: January 24, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #11969 on: January 24, 2018, 01:35:45 PM »
Why do you all give such a shit
püp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #11970 on: January 24, 2018, 01:38:16 PM »
Imagine being so upset that the word filter won't let you say Social Studies Warrior that you add a space just to make sure people know what you mean. Definitely some insecure cuck shit.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #11971 on: January 24, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
Did you just assume I give a shit?

:trigger
[close]

Optimus

« Reply #11972 on: January 24, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
Imagine being so upset that the word filter won't let you say Social Studies Warrior that you add a space just to make sure people know what you mean. Definitely some insecure cuck shit.

Imagine being so triggered because someone bypasses the word filter.

Optimus

« Reply #11973 on: January 24, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
I'd like to think etiolate doesn't annoy some of you geniuses as much as I do. Afterall that's why I bypass word filters for example, to annoy the extra special amongst you.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #11974 on: January 24, 2018, 02:02:33 PM »
It's an undertaking, but going back and reviewing bishoptl and besada's bans particularly are on the agenda. We also have 1000 accounts in the approval queue; we're just taking things slow and trying to shape things in a positive direction on a smaller scale first before we bring a lot more folks in. We'll also look into initiatives like giving members in good standing an invite for instant access for a friend etc., lots of other stuff. We have so many options now on the new platform and we will utilize them as best we can. :)

Dennis, buddy, now's your chance!!
Fish<

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #11975 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:28 PM »
It's an undertaking, but going back and reviewing bishoptl and besada's bans particularly are on the agenda. We also have 1000 accounts in the approval queue; we're just taking things slow and trying to shape things in a positive direction on a smaller scale first before we bring a lot more folks in. We'll also look into initiatives like giving members in good standing an invite for instant access for a friend etc., lots of other stuff. We have so many options now on the new platform and we will utilize them as best we can. :)

He could get instant access for his associate Amir0x!
serge

Nola

« Reply #11976 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »
Optimus is a poor man's Etiolate.

And a less racist Assimilate.

......“I have a shitload of accounts in both in resetera and neogaf.”

:heh :foodcourt

etiolate

« Reply #11977 on: January 24, 2018, 02:12:40 PM »
Final Verdict

-NeoGAF has better discussion now without the 'community'
-Fuck Evilore

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11978 on: January 24, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #11979 on: January 24, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »

the only condition of talking about something in this thread is that you'd be mortifyingly embarrassed to talk about it anywhere else.

Optimus

« Reply #11980 on: January 24, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
I took Evilore's side only on one subject in this discussion and WHAT A SURPRISE that subject again had everything to do with SJ Ws. Every time I've agreed with Evilore in this forum was when it was against these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows and their warped ideology. Take. the fucking. hint.

OH, so now you did defend him huh?  Weird, just a second ago we were too distinguished mentally-challenged to realize you hadn't.

And as I said before, I think this entire narrative that EviLore wasn't DIRECTLY involved in the Social Studies Warrior culture is nonsense.  The guy seemed to love being the king of his progressive kingdom all through the Obama era;  he on rare occasion would criticize extreme elements but other times was a part of it.  Do I think he was genuine?  No, not at all.  But to act like he wasn't a part of it is revisionist history IMO.  At the VERY LEAST he 100% contributed to the forum having a "US liberal" bias.

So, when I say Obama is a piece of shit for destroying Libya because Ghaddafi's government was FAR better (public health care, public education, public fucking housing) than the hellhole the neoliberal warmongering scumbag created there that means that I defend Ghaddafi, not that I think relatively the conditions were far better with him even though I don't like that particular individual.

It's just black and white, there's no middle ground for you there, huh? And again, his pathetic and kind of desperate posts about the state of the forum were indicative of his opinion for a few years now and I and others had pointed it out even before what happened. Are you being willfully ignorant or something?

Boredfrom

« Reply #11981 on: January 24, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
Fuck you Optimus, your first post was anwesering another describing how the ex Gaf mod team argued that Evilore was an petty asshole and how shallow his PR is.

You were totally defending Evilore.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11982 on: January 24, 2018, 02:25:39 PM »
LOUD NOISES

paprikastaude

« Reply #11983 on: January 24, 2018, 02:32:04 PM »

e: great, shit post on top.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11984 on: January 24, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »
I just watched this for the first time a couple days ago.

Feel like I understood everything I needed to know just from reviews and clips over the years.  Holy shit is it slow.  Also Tommy was barely in it, the whole movie was other people talking about him.  I didn't realize literally every line of dialogue he spoke had been part of a meme, I assumed there would be other things said by the lead character?

Also no less than four slow mo navel sex scenes accompanied by four different songs, my god
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Optimus

« Reply #11986 on: January 24, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »
Fuck you Optimus, your first post was anwesering another describing how the ex Gaf mod team argued that Evilore was an petty asshole and how shallow his PR is.

I was attacking the ex-mod pieces of shit who some people here were taking seriously and I was denying that this is just PR. Evilore has been saying this shit for years, this wasn't some sudden attempt to backpedal and start being introspective of some shit. I also said a lot of stuff that were negative about Evilore but some of you chose to listen to just the positives.

What is interesting though is the fact that none of you were annoyed when people took the ex-mods excuses at face value but you sure were more than annoyed when I took Evilore's side on certain subjects. I'd say that's indicative of the priorities of some people and why they were so triggered by me insisting that it wasn't Evilore the one directly responsible for the downfall of the site.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:47:58 PM by Optimus »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11987 on: January 24, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »

I was attacking the ex-mod pieces of shit who some people here were taking seriously and I was denying that this is just PR. Evilore has been saying this shit for years, this wasn't some sudden attempt to backpedal and start being introspective of some shit. I also said a lot of stuff that were negative about Evilore but some of you chose to listen to just the positives.

What is interesting though is the fact that none of you were annoyed when people took the ex-mods excuses at face value but you sure were triggered when I took Evilore's side on certain subjects. I'd say that's indicative of the priorities of some people and why they were so triggered by me insisting that it wasn't Evilore the one directly responsible for downfall of neogaf.

Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #11988 on: January 24, 2018, 02:44:25 PM »

What is interesting though is the fact that none of you were annoyed when people took the ex-mods excuses at face value but you sure were triggered when I took Evilore's side on certain subjects. I'd say that's indicative of the priorities of some people and why they were so triggered by me insisting that it wasn't Evilore the one directly responsible for downfall of neogaf.

Because everyone knew he was a petty prick just by his behavior, not a big secret or something someone would invest in lie about.

etiolate

« Reply #11990 on: January 24, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
"Can't have a JP thread..

... unless we can say he is the devil!"

I like how they cut out his explanation. Wonder if this is from some Patreon group chat.

Optimus

« Reply #11992 on: January 24, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »

Because everyone knew he was a petty prick just by his behavior, not a big secret or something someone would invest in lie about.

If everyone knew it then why use these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows as proof and why even take them seriously? If anything that diminishes your argument because we know these fucks would make excuses for the clusterfuck the forum had become.

Black and white?  Lol, yes the word defend is pretty fucking basic and black and white.  It doesn't imply you like a person in any way, or fully support them.

Ill defend EviLore on some subjects too, and have in this very thread.  Big deal?

OK so we agree then. My problem is with the people who imply or straight up say that I worship Evilore or some shit because I dared to take his side on certain subjects.

Dennis

« Reply #11993 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »

I expect a personal invitation back from EviLore.

Optimus

Boredfrom

« Reply #11995 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »

If everyone knew it then why use these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows as proof and why even take them seriously?

Black and white?  Lol, yes the word defend is pretty fucking basic and black and white.  It doesn't imply you like a person in any way, or fully support them.

Ill defend EviLore on some subjects too, and have in this very thread.  Big deal?

OK so we agree then. My problem is with the people who imply or straight up say that I worship Evilore or some shit because I dared to take his side on certain subjects.

I suppose because you are the only one having problems believing that an asshole is an asshole, and there is not incentive in lying about that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11996 on: January 24, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »
In this case, obviously.

etiolate

« Reply #11997 on: January 24, 2018, 03:06:50 PM »

Not really hard to find him discussing this outside of a soundbite.

Optimus

« Reply #11998 on: January 24, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »

If everyone knew it then why use these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows as proof and why even take them seriously?

I suppose because you are the only one having problems believing that an asshole is an asshole, and there is not incentive in lying about that.

Ctrl+F post history "asshole"

It's the opposite actually, I can forgive him for being an asshole but I can't forgive him for allowing the lunatics run the asylum for years. For me everything is relative and I'd rather have Evilore's immaturity than the SSW lunatics' authoritarianism and toxic, insufferable behavior.  In a perfect world Jim, who from what I remember was a pretty laid back guy, would still be running the site but yeah, at least the new neogaf isn't the hellhole it used to be. Small victories.

Hmmm, so I do think he's an asshole. So maybe my problem actually is what I already fucking explained to you and your problem is that you hear what you want to hear.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11999 on: January 24, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »
Though many cishet Black men would not use these words to describe their experience, I argue that the relationship between Black men and their barbers is a homoerotic one. Furthermore, their refusal to acknowledge it as intimate not only reinforces hegemonic masculinity, but it also aids in the demonization of queer Black men.
http://blackyouthproject.com/the-black-barbershop-is-both-toxic-and-intimate-for-cishet-black-men/

kill me