Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193681 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12960 on: January 29, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
If we go by the two images in the OP, the original looks like dogshit

It's the kind of game that doesn't look good in still images [except for those high-res bullshots that Sony put out], but looked incredible in motion at the time.
dog

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #12961 on: January 29, 2018, 02:29:15 PM »

It's the kind of game that doesn't look good in still images [except for those high-res bullshots that Sony put out], but looked incredible in motion at the time.

Yeah, I remember seeing a friend play it on his PS2. The colossi were very impressive, and the environments very expansive, if empty. I thought the horse animation was kind of janky at the time.

agrajag

« Reply #12962 on: January 29, 2018, 02:30:30 PM »
The original does look like dogshit but I prefer its desaturated colors to the new version's.

But the colors are still desaturated?

:idont

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12963 on: January 29, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »

Also had that cinematic framerate back on the ps2.

Tasty

« Reply #12964 on: January 29, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
The original does look like dogshit but I prefer its desaturated colors to the new version's.

Ground is too yellow in the new one.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #12965 on: January 29, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
He put Last Jedi ahead of Logan on his movie of the year list

:dead
I liked Last Jedi but that's just insane.  :doge

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12966 on: January 29, 2018, 02:58:52 PM »
I like the original look more as well.
There is a reason the "MUH NOSTALGIA, MUH BLOOM" people are only comparing screenshots between the two version and not video. In motion it isn't even a comparison. Go watch the new PS4 version in motion you nerds. It looks phenomenal and aesthetically faithful to the original.

That’s a great example of what I’m talking about, Western devs touching and trying to “improve” Japanese art.
  :expert :expert :expert
SotC on PS4 also looks closer to The Last Guardian aesthetically than the PS2 version. Why? PS2 hardware limitations. This "but but but Ueda-san's original vision has been lost!" is stupid weeaboo bullshit. The only complaint I have with the new version is Wander's face looks kind of goofy. Other than that the game looks AND runs great.

agrajag

« Reply #12967 on: January 29, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »

Yeah it is, but the colors are still very muted and gray overall

Tasty

« Reply #12968 on: January 29, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
I can agree with that. Otherwise it does look great in motion.

Still seems like an odd choice for a remake.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12969 on: January 29, 2018, 03:19:41 PM »
I like the original look more as well.
There is a reason the "MUH NOSTALGIA, MUH BLOOM" people are only comparing screenshots between the two version and not video. In motion it isn't even a comparison. Go watch the new PS4 version in motion you nerds. It looks phenomenal and aesthetically faithful to the original.

SotC on PS4 also looks closer to The Last Guardian aesthetically than the PS2 version. Why? PS2 hardware limitations. This "but but but Ueda-san's original vision has been lost!" is stupid weeaboo bullshit. The only complaint I have with the new version is Wander's face looks kind of goofy. Other than that the game looks AND runs great.

Ahahahaha, look at this nerd! Go cry some more.

PS2 version master race!

« Reply #12970 on: January 29, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »

We all Huelen now

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12971 on: January 29, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »

:dead :dead :dead

agrajag

« Reply #12972 on: January 29, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »
I can't fap to that

Tasty

« Reply #12973 on: January 29, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »

We all Huelen now

👀

etiolate

« Reply #12974 on: January 29, 2018, 03:31:11 PM »

I liked Last Jedi but that's just insane.  :doge

it's so petty

He also left off GotG2 which I think was last year? A much, much better space opera than TLJ. I enjoyed TLJ overall but he just couldn't' allow any nerd movie to be listed ahead of it. :lol

agrajag

« Reply #12975 on: January 29, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
GotG2 suxed

Tasty

« Reply #12976 on: January 29, 2018, 03:42:55 PM »
GotG2 was OK.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #12977 on: January 29, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Bobby is a smart little 'feller. He skated by with only a warning because he tossed in a virtue signal in his acid rant:

and anyone even halfway rational is probably sick to death of litigating the 3 millionth argument over mary sues and how every female character in the series needs to justify their adequacy as story elements

Give him and his ego some time to deflate a little bit and he'll be back. This is his way of saying, "I'm sorry for taking out my frustrations on you – you don't deserve to be hit. When I come back, I swear I'll be a better hobbit man."

Jansen

« Reply #12978 on: January 29, 2018, 03:56:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/digital-foundry-shadow-of-the-colossus-ps4-the-greatest-console-remake-ever.19589

Quote from: PsychoHydro, post: 3903210, member: 36425
Still have plenty of doubts about this remake. I don’t even get why this game needs a remake. The PS3 version is perfect and my single GOAT. I am extremely cautious with Western developers trying to build/rebuild upon the foundation of Japanese developers. There’s something about Japanese games that Western devs just don’t get, no matter the hardware power (Nice looking character faces are one of those aspects).

They just could have ported the PS3 version to PS4 in 60fps, would make a perfect game even more perfect.

The remake looks “ok” on the surface but SotC is a truly Japanese game in its essence, and the remake just isn’t Japanese.

Quote from: PsychoHydro, post: 3904045, member: 36425
That’s a great example of what I’m talking about, Western devs touching and trying to “improve” Japanese art.

Quote from: PsychoHydro, post: 3904758, member: 36425
The original has superior and more consistent aesthetics. The devs of the PS4 version may have got some impressive hardware power, but they can’t even get their main character’s face right. Nor do they understand the purpose of the original game’s heavy use of bloom effects.

evil baka gajin touching mah glorious Nippon masterpieces

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12979 on: January 29, 2018, 04:15:33 PM »
c o n s i s t e n t a e s t h e t i c
©@©™

etiolate

« Reply #12980 on: January 29, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
Well, the Team Ico stuff is largely attractive for its dreamy look. If they lose that look then I can understand displeasure. The games always made me think of 80s fantasy novel covers.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12981 on: January 29, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
why can't there be a bobby emoji? just no one tell him it's back.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #12982 on: January 29, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
One day I went to my library in a fairly small sized central Indiana town. There was someone dressed up as a fox wearing a blazer just wandering around outside.

So what did he say?

Yiff, yiff, yiff.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #12983 on: January 29, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
One day I went to my library in a fairly small sized central Indiana town. There was someone dressed up as a fox wearing a blazer just wandering around outside.

So what did he say?

Yiff, yiff, yiff.

I thought the fox said "Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding"

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #12984 on: January 29, 2018, 05:37:29 PM »
Quote from: sweetnicole
I don't have a problem with people wearing tails in public in a non business or non professional environment. I do have a problem when they wear them in a professional/business environment. For example, presentation day, someone wore one of those with their business outfit. C'mon... I've also heard this is a problem at some professional/research conferences too.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3899995/

Jesus, why not just say "you can be gay outside but not in the work place."  What a bigot.
sigh

Himu

« Reply #12985 on: January 29, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
Are furries in the transgender umbrella?
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #12986 on: January 29, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »
What about :dolezal ?

etiolate

« Reply #12987 on: January 29, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »
I guess they'd fall under kink.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12988 on: January 29, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »
Yes, except for the frog ones, because they need the rain to keep their skin moist.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh shit it works on several levels  :fbm
[close]
Uncle

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12989 on: January 29, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
the mod warnings in that thread.  :snoop

it's so much worse than GAF

skullstorm

« Reply #12990 on: January 29, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »
I don't even want to see that thread but just to be clear, are they talking about the butt plug tails?

etiolate

« Reply #12991 on: January 29, 2018, 05:59:26 PM »
I think they mean the tails you loop into a belt. Something from a Sonic fan starter pack.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #12992 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »

Dunno about that but id fuck Lola Bunny.

thisismyusername

« Reply #12994 on: January 29, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »
All these Taylor avatars. :dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12995 on: January 29, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
I think they mean the tails you loop into a belt. Something from a Sonic fan starter pack.

:lol
🤴

skullstorm

« Reply #12996 on: January 29, 2018, 06:07:00 PM »

Eww

Tuckers Law

« Reply #12997 on: January 29, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »

That's because he's a complete tool.

etiolate

« Reply #12998 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
One of my college professors wore a bondage cuff under his dress shirts. You could see it all the time.

Jansen

« Reply #12999 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »
When was Durante demodded?

thisismyusername

« Reply #13002 on: January 29, 2018, 06:24:37 PM »

Dunno about that but id fuck Lola Bunny.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #13003 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
How many bore members are reeeeee mods? I know about fiction - are there any more?
woke

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13004 on: January 29, 2018, 06:45:32 PM »
How many bore members are reeeeee mods? I know about fiction - are there any more?

Please no.

agrajag

« Reply #13005 on: January 29, 2018, 06:49:40 PM »
I know of only one, former disgraced, mod.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13006 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
Deep down inside we're all mods.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #13007 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3917490/

If anyone has a resetera account can someone reply to this that EDF5 costs 7800yen with a 5000yen season pass for like $120 for game+season pass. EDF5 is a very expensive game, not some budget priced title like EDF1/2 used to be back in the day.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13008 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:20 PM »
Like accused pedophile opiate, I also post on this forum.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #13009 on: January 29, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »
Like accused pedophile opiate, I also post on this forum.

Don't feel bad, I used to post on GAF with confirmed pedophile Amir0x and Dennis.

agrajag

« Reply #13010 on: January 29, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
What are the avatar limitations? Tried sourcing an imgur image in a small resolution and it keeps reverting to "no profile picture".

change https to http

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13011 on: January 29, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
All these Taylor avatars. :dead

imma join this party now

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13012 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »
Tay Tay is Legion.  :doge

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13013 on: January 29, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
Agrajag still sticking with Khloé Kardashian, I see. Doesn't want to join the cool hive.

nudemacusers

« Reply #13014 on: January 29, 2018, 08:02:51 PM »
yasss

pls note avant garde wearing of prada ss15 menswear :fabulous
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

agrajag

« Reply #13015 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
Agrajag still sticking with Khloé Kardashian, I see. Doesn't want to join the cool hive.

fine

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13016 on: January 29, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #13017 on: January 29, 2018, 08:14:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3902189/

Quote from: Einherjar, post: 3902189, member: 10060
I have reported multiple posts, not in this thread, but generally, with explanations as to why I think it needs to be looked at. But nothing has happened, until now (thanks for that btw). This is why I write it here, because it has, well, been ignored. Generally, if a mod sees a vegan thread, it merits a visit, because every single time, multiple people will go out of their way to make jokes and mock.

LEAVE US VEGANS ALONE

I can't believe people openly admit to reporting people

etiolate

« Reply #13018 on: January 29, 2018, 08:24:56 PM »
well i mean

What's the point of going Vegan if you can't be a whiny entitled bitch?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #13019 on: January 29, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »
Insulting Vegans = Anti-BLM

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3887419/

On the other end
There’s something inherently kind of icky about the idea that the way to have an impact on these things is to change your lifestyle and then encourage other people to do the same. Like they actually don’t see the inherent privilege that it stems from.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3910809/

Protesting is white privilege or something.

User warned for trolling. If you are sarcastic, please make it a bit clearer and less inflammatory next time.

ITT protests are only allowed in the protest corner and I'm going to drag my huge balls over a massive bleeding steak right in front of a vegan just to show how much I couldn't care less about the little changes I can make for the environment

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3898197/

sigh