Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2193947 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13440 on: January 31, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »
Stereotypes are so fucked up.

I did a transaction at the laundromat once and was reflexively surprised the owner got the math wrong. After I left the counter I realized what I was thinking and had to "yell" at myself for just assuming he was great at math. I could totally see how an average performing Asian person could be overscrutinized or considered underperforming at the work place.
:comeon
I did not start the Switch discussion.
每天生气

Rahxephon91

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13441 on: January 31, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
?

I did'nt....

etiolate

« Reply #13442 on: January 31, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »
We all suffer under the oppression of stereotypes. I myself am a white man who dislikes mayonaise. Every time I order a sandwich, they put mayo on it. When I ask for dip, they offer me mayo. All I want is that Frank's Hot Sauce, but they never believe.

I know I am not alone. People have shared with me their stereotype sufferings in the past. PD, and I'm not telling no tales here, well, that boy can't dance. He's told me so. He hopes its just a slow song on the dancefloor when he takes a gal out. Mupepe has confided in me many times that he doesn't even bother with his lawn. Hires someone else to do it. Doesn't' even own a lawnmower or a weedwhacker. And Wraith? He passed a chemistry class without a thing blowing up.

You can't always meet other people's expectations.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13443 on: January 31, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »
Why are you guys so fucking dense? It has nothing to do with this one particular incidence, it's just another in a long line of absurd things that prove that they are batshit crazy and they will continue to push for these things.

And yeah i do bet that in a few years no one will want to live in fucking Canada.
:drudge THE IMAGE THAT CANADA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE :drudge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13444 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:22 PM »
Now someone (ahem, PD) start a thread about how the stereotype that black men have huge dicks is harmful.  (ahem, PD)
que

shosta

« Reply #13445 on: January 31, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
Didn't he already make that thread about how black people all love DBZ?
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13446 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »
Well they do.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #13447 on: January 31, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »
rock the dragon
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #13448 on: January 31, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »
PS4 is the market leader. Not Switch.

Not for long if Switch's pace continues. It's already beaten Wee-ooo's LTD sales. :miyamoto

Jansen

« Reply #13449 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:03 PM »
everyone that posts quotes without links deserves to get ass raped by a horse and die of throat cancer

nudemacusers

« Reply #13450 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »
everyone that posts quotes without links deserves to snuggles and hugs (Image removed from quote.)
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13451 on: January 31, 2018, 11:46:33 PM »
everyone that posts quotes without links deserves to get ass raped by a horse and die of throat cancer
:whew

agrajag

« Reply #13452 on: January 31, 2018, 11:56:13 PM »
Switch > Rax

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13453 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:17 PM »
PS4 is the market leader. Not Switch.

Not for long if Switch's pace continues. It's already beaten Wee-ooo's LTD sales. :miyamoto
So then will we have a Wii situation where third parties are already knee deep in PS4 and above level production and can't port them down to the Switch? Where they don't put there big games on the Switch and your left with spin-offs or asset flips that people don't buy and you have a lack of sales leading to 3rd parties just going elsewhere? Where the only games that really sell on the system are first party Nintendo games? And since it's just Nintendo you get some gaps in release schedules?

I mean I'm not convinced Nintendo can keep up with the release schedule. Thier 1st year is a result of abandoning the Wii U. If the Wii U was a smashing success you would have had Mario on that system. Zelda came to the switch at the detriment of the Wii U version. Splatoon 2 is a quick sequel thanks to the work of the Wii U version. Arms was rushed out. Lots of ports ect. I'm skeptical of what year 2 and 3 will have.

What happens when the Switch is'nt as hot anymore?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:01:43 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13454 on: February 01, 2018, 12:15:46 AM »
Someone find some posts where REEera posters are sperging out about Marvel or something

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13455 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:00 AM »
Someone find some posts where REEera posters are sperging out about Marvel or something
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dceu-fans-plan-to-sabotage-black-panther%E2%80%99s-rt-score-spoil-fans.20341/

first thread on the fucking page.

black panther bombing would be too hilarious. it won't bomb out of the gate but it won't have legs, that's for sure. Shitty RT critics will push this as hard as they can as another great (but realistically complete shit) marvel comic book movie, and the hype will be high but ultimately when everyone realizes it's a turd it will begin to descend faster than The last Jedi.

benjipwns

« Reply #13456 on: February 01, 2018, 12:33:20 AM »
sorry to regurgitate this up but this is a benji history lulz... i knew the Canadian flag was only a few years younger than some of our members like Van Cruncheon at just over 50 so i took a gander, the Canadian national anthem was only adopted in 1980. Its English version has already been rewritten twice because it's a translation from a French original.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
the star-spangled banner was only adopted in 1931 in part because Ripley's Believe It or Not ran a piece on how America had no anthem (BELIEVE IT OR DON'T), and veterans groups took up the charge to right this horrible wrong

i swear, states are so stupid

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i'm one of those nuts who consider America the Beautiful as superior, especially if we're talking about the entire thing and not just the truncated first verses of the respective pieces
[close]
[close]

i kinda love the commonwealth nations and their flag insecurities that bubble up every few decades like new zealand recently, and aussieland earlier when they had the olympics, etc.

i also must admit a soft spot among all the gaudy, trashy and ugly americanisms we produce, the flag is totally bitchin, especially the thematic of the stripes, and the modern (and earlier) version without equal rows of stars are way better

also once libya stops having their civil war that we started but don't care about anymore, they should rethink ditching ghaddafi's flag, enough with the tri-colors with a symbol already, a big ol rectangle of green sent a message

speaking of flags, we need to have some kind of international conference so poland, monaco and indonesia can work out their flag problems because how is the common man like me supposed to know if you're a cargo tanker from indonesia or a warship from poland flying the flag in distress or vice versa

actually if libya doesn't swap back, monaco should look into a single color flag of green because money be green

Boredfrom

« Reply #13457 on: February 01, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »
I really fucking hate the Marvel Vs DC films mentality that Gaf/Resetera totally buys into.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13458 on: February 01, 2018, 12:40:01 AM »
People buy into dumb shit like this? lol CBR whipping up REEEE with a trigger article based on a Marvel superfan scratching around looking for some salty fanboys + trolls.  :neogaf

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13459 on: February 01, 2018, 12:41:25 AM »
Switch > Rax
Switch > Rax >>>>>>>The Last Jedi
que

Boredfrom

« Reply #13460 on: February 01, 2018, 12:42:04 AM »
People buy into dumb shit like this? lol CBR whipping up REEEE with a trigger article based on a Marvel superfan scratching around looking for some salty fanboys + trolls.  :neogaf

Not even that, it was originally a Screen Rant click bait article.

Jansen

« Reply #13461 on: February 01, 2018, 12:54:41 AM »
:whew

sry i was upset cuz i failed a quest in babbies first monster hunter

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13462 on: February 01, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »
As the official forum DC Fan + white supremacist who hopes that Black Panther fails, I must say that I am very disappointed in my fellow Nazi DC fans for leaking our deliciously racist plans to the press. We have been coordinating for weeks on this score attack, having been inspired by our misogynist Nazi comrades after they successfully ruined The Last Jedi's Rotten Tomatoes score, and Ghostbustettes before that.

Now RT is going to be on the lookout for us, and the glory of the DCEU will never know the bright white light of day.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13463 on: February 01, 2018, 01:10:03 AM »
What's DC?
que

benjipwns

« Reply #13464 on: February 01, 2018, 01:13:55 AM »
democratic centralism

benjipwns

« Reply #13465 on: February 01, 2018, 01:15:01 AM »
I really fucking hate the Marvel Vs DC films mentality that Gaf/Resetera totally buys into.
It's weird too, it's so out of character for them to buy so easily into a zero sum us vs. them paranoid mentality.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13466 on: February 01, 2018, 01:15:23 AM »
Dick Cock

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13467 on: February 01, 2018, 01:23:19 AM »
Dick Rider

agrajag

« Reply #13468 on: February 01, 2018, 01:25:28 AM »
democratic centralism

so moderate darlings?

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #13469 on: February 01, 2018, 02:36:18 AM »
Stereotypes are so fucked up.

I did a transaction at the laundromat once and was reflexively surprised the owner got the math wrong. After I left the counter I realized what I was thinking and had to "yell" at myself for just assuming he was great at math. I could totally see how an average performing Asian person could be overscrutinized or considered underperforming at the work place.
I did not start the Switch discussion.
I like to give Jack Remmingtin shit for being a Hillary Clinton shill. Deservedly so. Just wanted to let you know that I think Japanese games in 360 era were shit minus whatever Nintendo put out except for one exception. Ninja Gaiden 2. It was a big step down from the first title. Dead Rising was ok, Lost Planey was legit, and then my favorite RPG series was delivered in FFXIII. It sucked. My favorite action game series, DMC, sucked too. I imported the Ouendan series for DS during this time period but the rest of Japan's output was Garbage. They couldn't keep up and took a hit because of this.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #13470 on: February 01, 2018, 02:39:12 AM »
What happens when the Switch is'nt as hot anymore?

We move on to another toy to play with?

benjipwns

« Reply #13472 on: February 01, 2018, 03:04:33 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revisiting-when-the-left-turns-on-its-own-from-back-in-june-2017-and-healing-neogaf-off-topic-in-2018.1460712/page-6#post-253173391
Wow! I was just gonna make a thread kinda on this. About how NeoGAF has really changed and such. haha I know I know there have probably been dozens of threads on that before but hear me out. on October 14th I was run over by an SUV while trekking to the movies to see the new Blade Runner. I was in a coma for a month and in the hospital for another 2. I recently got out and decided to check out the ol' GAF. It's seriously changed. My avi is gone, likes on posts lol? less activity, and way more right than before. I'm not saying it sucks now or anything and I'm not calling out conservatives. I just wanna know, why and how? This thread gave me some insight, like EvilLore was disturbed by the mob mentality that erupted post election. But what else happened? was there some big event followed by a mass exodus?

etiolate

« Reply #13473 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:02 AM »
:lol

Someone please answer that poor fellow

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #13474 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:12 AM »
Looks like Lime has beef with the staff and whines in several threads about it

Probably not that anybody cares all that much, but a heads-up to those who like that I made these types of threads with articles on representation, diversity in games, and their politics: Some of the staff really do not like that I post these articles, so they juniored me out of nowhere the other day without any warning nor any prior infractions to my record. There will be zero of these coming from me anymore, to the joy of the many people who are harassing us for even mentioning these topics. So this was the last and final one on my end, but I hope someone else will share similar articles here on Era, they're important issues to talk about and bring to light - cheers!
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4019768

Tuckers Law

« Reply #13475 on: February 01, 2018, 03:48:10 AM »
Lime with that reeree sense of entitlement.   :point
Had it been almost any other average poster doing the same shit that Lime has done, they'd have been given lengthy and/or permabans by now.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13476 on: February 01, 2018, 03:50:34 AM »
Looks like Lime has beef with the staff and whines in several threads about it

Probably not that anybody cares all that much, but a heads-up to those who like that I made these types of threads with articles on representation, diversity in games, and their politics: Some of the staff really do not like that I post these articles, so they juniored me out of nowhere the other day without any warning nor any prior infractions to my record. There will be zero of these coming from me anymore, to the joy of the many people who are harassing us for even mentioning these topics. So this was the last and final one on my end, but I hope someone else will share similar articles here on Era, they're important issues to talk about and bring to light - cheers!
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4019768

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Jerry

« Reply #13477 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:20 AM »
COYS

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13478 on: February 01, 2018, 04:21:05 AM »
Hello Lime. It’s a little strange to see these comments here when you already asked us about this and received polite and clear answers – we believed the matter settled and you had even expressed that you were “fine” with the decision. We agreed with you completely that there had been a lapse in communication that we will work to address in the future. We were clear that while there is no process in place right now, the possibility existed that you might regain your thread posting privileges.

For you to then turn around and direct this kind of vitriol towards the staff in public, as if you had not already concluded a cordial exchange in private, is frankly bewildering and troubling. I’m afraid I also have to be clear that it is not acceptable in any shape or form.

If anyone has any questions about our moderation you are welcome to contact us directly. We do read, and we do respond. Thank you.

:lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13479 on: February 01, 2018, 04:23:03 AM »
 :taylor :mueller

parallax

« Reply #13480 on: February 01, 2018, 04:23:33 AM »

i find the dc vs marvel movie feuds to be fucking hilarious.

its actually looking worse than its comic counterpart in the way people are going to bat for either company

Raist

« Reply #13482 on: February 01, 2018, 04:38:45 AM »
Lime should go back to neogaf where he/she/it/whatever could make all the stupid threads he/she/it/whatever wanted to make. Lime is too woke even for resetera standards.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13483 on: February 01, 2018, 04:46:18 AM »
:rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #13484 on: February 01, 2018, 05:14:43 AM »
Quote from: Lime
Tfw you realize someone on the mod/admin level is staunchly against outspoken socialism and feminism and will abuse their power to silence you. :/
Zero warnings ever. Zero PMs from anyone. Zero communication from the staff. Suddenly I found out that I've been banned from ever making any threads and I had to contact the staff to figure what was going on. Apparently some of the admins don't like the threads I make because of the way I frame them - even though it's literally just copy-paste headlines and text from the articles I post. This is coming from the higher levels of the staff apparently, and they feel that my threads criticizing either the political aspects of games (work conditions, diversity, corporate white-washing) or US imperialism/environmentalism/capitalism/failure of democracy are not genuine and only aimed to create controversy. They do not realize that whatever controversy is generated from me highlighting a political issue should be an indication of how hegemony works - that those who are offended by simply *talking* about e.g. representation or work conditions or capitalism or US imperialism want to shut the conversation or the topic down. To me it has never been about generating controversy, but to bring those conversations and topics that are usually excluded or marginalized to the surface and make aware to enthusiasts & liberals of what's going on beyond trivial "what's your favorite weapon in Z?" or "X game has sold Y amount of units to the benefit of this publisher" or "Can you believe Trump did X/Y/Z today?!?!" discussions - besides, if anyone ever felt offended by a thread on e.g. the representation of fatness in games, they could simply just ignore it, so I'm not sure where the specific admin is coming from.

Finally, from a procedural point of view, the staff could've warned me or told me that some were considering removing my thread privileges, so that I could've adjusted or paid heed to some of their complaints about what I post. But I received absolutely nothing and I've never received any warnings before. Which tells me that it was someone looking for an excuse to ban me. And now my ability to make threads is pretty much gone (first time in 10 years), to the joy of those far-right people who stalk and harass those of us who criticize the status quo. I guess the function of this action by the staff is to "keep politics out of games", so to speak, and it saddens me that the staff aren't aware of what signals they're sending and whose feelings they are prioritizing (i.e. the feelings of those who are offended that anyone dares to talk about representation in games, work conditions in the industry, US imperialism, environmentalism, etc.) .

Anyway, it's just a forum, no big deal, and my time should be spent better elsewhere than here, but I'd say that this place is a bit more conservative and right-winged than I imagined it to be.
I never doubted that, but I'd say it's a bit more conservative/right-leaning than what I imagined - especially as indicated by some of the admins/mods behavior recently.
:delicious

benjipwns

« Reply #13485 on: February 01, 2018, 05:16:21 AM »
:dead at the solidarity posts:
i got banned (from an admin I found out) for 'trolling a political party' (aka republicans in this case) so i wouldn't be surprised if it were the same person.
I got one advertation point or something, for laughing at one reply that bannon is leninist, for trolling and driveby post.

Even If i explained in a reply Just after that.

But to say BS is ok It seems.

Whatever...
I had a similar, ridiculous, run in recently. Thankfully an admin reversed it.

benjipwns

« Reply #13486 on: February 01, 2018, 05:27:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4011154/
I think it’s best to contact someone from the staff beforehand, there is someone on the admin/mod level who apparently isn’t particularly fond of these types of threads.
i'm starting to think the whole ResetERA staff might be infested with imperialists

shosta

« Reply #13487 on: February 01, 2018, 05:28:04 AM »
Oh man, I just ran into his posts in the Socialism thread and came in here to post them but too late.

Lime getting their ass spanked by Sweet Nicole is so  :delicious :delicious :delicious

that junioring was actually a long time coming, we literally started the tough discussion of whether we would remove people's thread posting privileges because of him I think
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #13488 on: February 01, 2018, 05:55:17 AM »
it's not my fault you got pwned by the Bronson and Excelsior
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #13489 on: February 01, 2018, 06:06:28 AM »
Paging TVC
In Silent Hill 2 is it kind of revealed that people who come to Silent Hill are sort of "called" by the town, called by their tortured memories, their fears, their guilt... If Silent Hill really existed and could materialize your inner demons, and sort of tried to lure you ,would you answer the call? I often consider that it could be an opportunity to know yourself better and possibly evolve, learn and master your fears by directly confronting yourself.

shosta

« Reply #13490 on: February 01, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
Is there an acceptable method of criticizing or disagreeing with moderation behavior or policy on the forum, outside of private discussion with you? This is an honest question which I think begs clarification. Moderation on internet forums is prone to abuse. Notoriously so. This community's legacy is one that includes a great familiarity with that. I don't think it's safe for any of us to assume that Era will be some how immune from this, no matter what mechanisms or level of transparency you folks put in place.

Now, if this isn't the place to be discussing this, feel free to tell me. But despite losing their thread posting privileges, I don't see a whole lot of vitriol in Lime's posts. In fact, they've concluded with the fact that this shouldn't matter too much to them and that they are disappointed with level of discourse on the forum. Maybe it's because I have similar views, but I don't think there's anything vitriolic about that. I mean, it seems like you agree a mistake was made by your moderation team, which is great! But now Lime is the person who has the deal with that, after 10 years of being a part of this community. And they're left only with a small consolation that there may in the future be some process to restore that privilege. That's pretty rough and, I think, legitimate grounds for venting. Nobody is calling for any violation of forum policy here.
maybe that person should have thought about the pain of being permajuniored before they told people to fuck off and die
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #13491 on: February 01, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
besides, if anyone ever felt offended by a thread on e.g. the representation of fatness in games, they could simply just ignore it, so I'm not sure where the specific admin is coming from.
:lol :lol :lol
To hear Lime use that argument is just hilarious

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13492 on: February 01, 2018, 06:19:51 AM »
Lime should go back to neogaf where he/she/it/whatever could make all the stupid threads he/she/it/whatever wanted to make. Lime is too woke even for resetera standards.
Lime is this era’s RiskyChris before everyone became RiskyChris.  :doge

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #13493 on: February 01, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »
What if one of the multiple people posting under the Lime account IS RiskyChris?

:whoo

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13494 on: February 01, 2018, 06:58:44 AM »
lime is the goat

Shuri

« Reply #13495 on: February 01, 2018, 07:55:35 AM »
Lime is an omega-level troll

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13496 on: February 01, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »
I think Lime is legit that much of a crazy person, but enough doubt has been cast on him over the years from sites like voat and kiwifarms, insisting that he is definitely a troll playing the long con, that this understanding of him has seeped into the mods at reset.  Leery that maybe it's just to get a rise out of people.
Uncle

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #13497 on: February 01, 2018, 08:38:01 AM »
Did someone say Long con?

Serafitia, never forget.  :'(
MMA

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #13498 on: February 01, 2018, 08:46:06 AM »
What if one of the multiple people posting under the Lime account IS RiskyChris?

:whoo

Lime is an omega-level troll
big-if-true.jpg

Someone who puts that much effort into trolling is either mentally ill or really really bored.  :doge
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:49:28 PM by Atramental »

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #13499 on: February 01, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
Kirblar was demodded! Huzzah.