Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174778 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13740 on: February 02, 2018, 06:41:23 PM »
Having a female thor to "correct the patriarchy" will lead to bad writing, cringe stuff and bad editorial decisions.

You face a very different response when you create a new female super hero. It can even be another Norse god (or Greek mythology ala Wonder Woman), but when you're rewriting tradition with political aims in mind it turns out as a train wreck.

There is a certain dishonesty in doing it that way as well. As though your stealing from the tradition to do your own thing regardless of the tradition, as opposed to having the confidence to go out and create your own story and hero from the ground up.

But... that has been comics standard modus operandi since decades. Good comic runs followed this.

politics have been in comics, but those bits end up goofy and don't age that well, and in the past.. were generally worked into what the comic was

rather than a politics that views the nature of the comic as wrong, and the audience of the comic as vile, then decides to make the comic about that view

Boredfrom

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13741 on: February 02, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »
There is an idea that great art overcomes its propaganda over time, but the written word rarely does that.  The visual and musical realm? Sure. But the nature of written propaganda tends to remain written propaganda, as though art can't arise from it. And when the art does arise from it, it tends to so heavily subvert the propaganda that barely functions as propaganda and gets banned within its lifetime.

You can read Platonov's ability to demonstrate misery via his characters speaking in a sort of Soviet Realism and realize why he wasn't that popular for it, and then read the earnest Soviet Realism and find no art in it. Meanwhile the Soviet visual art is often enjoyable long after its initial purpose.

So you can see good visual art in that Thor comic panel, but reading it is fucking painful for how god awful and dated it appears in its own era. That's probably the most defining characteristic of written propaganda, it reads as though its dated as soon as its published. It's stuck in temporarily and the average person won't like it. Art can't be stuck in time.

You could just not buy the comic Etiolate. If is a bad as you say, nobody is going to say is hot shit years after female thor becomes cannon fodder of a big comic event.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13742 on: February 02, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
Lolllllllll
Quote from: SantaC
Is it wrong to try and date 25-30 year olds when you are 37?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4074858

I'm 37 and my current lady friend is 21

:ohyeah

But she literally approached me and said she wanted to suck my dick after we had known each other for a month or so.  I'll tell you what I didn't do, get on RE and ask them if it was ok to consummate the blow job.
Get that young pussy  :mynicca

etiolate

« Reply #13743 on: February 02, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »
There is an idea that great art overcomes its propaganda over time, but the written word rarely does that.  The visual and musical realm? Sure. But the nature of written propaganda tends to remain written propaganda, as though art can't arise from it. And when the art does arise from it, it tends to so heavily subvert the propaganda that barely functions as propaganda and gets banned within its lifetime.

You can read Platonov's ability to demonstrate misery via his characters speaking in a sort of Soviet Realism and realize why he wasn't that popular for it, and then read the earnest Soviet Realism and find no art in it. Meanwhile the Soviet visual art is often enjoyable long after its initial purpose.

So you can see good visual art in that Thor comic panel, but reading it is fucking painful for how god awful and dated it appears in its own era. That's probably the most defining characteristic of written propaganda, it reads as though its dated as soon as its published. It's stuck in temporarily and the average person won't like it. Art can't be stuck in time.

You could just not buy the comic Etiolate. If is a bad as you say, nobody is going to say is hot shit years after female thor becomes cannon fodder of a big comic event.

People didn't buy the comics, which is why the s j w motif got dropped by Marvel.

I am discussing how that came to be because it's interesting. (And because people are lying about what happened.)

Boredfrom

« Reply #13744 on: February 02, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »
Having a female thor to "correct the patriarchy" will lead to bad writing, cringe stuff and bad editorial decisions.

You face a very different response when you create a new female super hero. It can even be another Norse god (or Greek mythology ala Wonder Woman), but when you're rewriting tradition with political aims in mind it turns out as a train wreck.

There is a certain dishonesty in doing it that way as well. As though your stealing from the tradition to do your own thing regardless of the tradition, as opposed to having the confidence to go out and create your own story and hero from the ground up.

But... that has been comics standard modus operandi since decades. Good comic runs followed this.

politics have been in comics, but those bits end up goofy and don't age that well, and in the past.. were generally worked into what the comic was

rather than a politics that views the nature of the comic as wrong, and the audience of the comic as vile, then decides to make the comic about that view

Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns?

etiolate

« Reply #13745 on: February 02, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »

Watchmen = original creation

DKR is a criticism born of comics from a comic mind.

That Thor panel is outside political culture war horseshit that is clunky and embarrassing.  The differences between these three are important.

etiolate

« Reply #13746 on: February 02, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »
As though comic books and games haven't been a refuge for the already rejected parts of society, now you can go in and make sure their comic book heroes reject them as well.

How can you write this and not realize that maybe there's a "Social Justice Warrior invasion" because there's a group of gay, trans, black, asian and whatever else type of person who did seek refuge there and grew up to work in nerd industries? I mean it's not that shocking.

It's not. And there's nothing at issue with those people creating their own works and expressing themselves. I've read the Sandman comics, the MAXX and even a little Tank Girl. These are alt-lifestyle comics that represented non-mainstream life in non-mainstream comics.

But that's different from an ideological cleanse/invasion of major comic titles that are not personal stories but dogma.

Boredfrom

« Reply #13747 on: February 02, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »

Watchmen = original creation

DKR is a criticism born of comics from a comic mind.

That Thor panel is outside political culture war horseshit that is clunky and embarrassing.  The differences between these three are important.

Partially wrong, most of the cast were based on Charlton superheroes because Moore couldnt use them.

It's not. And there's nothing at issue with those people creating their own works and expressing themselves. I've read the Sandman comics, the MAXX and even a little Tank Girl. These are alt-lifestyle comics that represented non-mainstream life in non-mainstream comics.

But that's different from an ideological cleanse/invasion of major comic titles that are not personal stories but dogma.

lol wat

etiolate

« Reply #13748 on: February 02, 2018, 06:57:02 PM »
You're right, Moore was using a base set from other comics and then remade them anew. It still stands on its own. The Social Studies Warrior stuff that got rejected by the audience does not stand on its own.

And there's reasons for that. However, "most comic fans are mysogonerdnazis" is not one of the reasons.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #13749 on: February 02, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »
"The game has become an excuse, largely, for people to hang out and flirt and smoke/drink or whatever the fuck"

:dead
Perfectly normal human socialization.

:donot

Boredfrom

« Reply #13750 on: February 02, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »
You're right, Moore was using a base set from other comics and then remade them anew. It still stands on its own. The Social Studies Warrior stuff that got rejected by the audience does not stand on its own.

And there's reasons for that. However, "most comic fans are mysogonerdnazis" is not one of the reasons.

Alan Moore is (was?) progressive as fuck, he is just not a terrible writter.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13751 on: February 02, 2018, 07:06:26 PM »
what are even these comic posts about

marvel's editorial problems over the last two decades go far beyond anything resembling being social studies warriors or not

etiolate

« Reply #13752 on: February 02, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »
As though comic books and games haven't been a refuge for the already rejected parts of society, now you can go in and make sure their comic book heroes reject them as well.

How can you write this and not realize that maybe there's a "Social Justice Warrior invasion" because there's a group of gay, trans, black, asian and whatever else type of person who did seek refuge there and grew up to work in nerd industries? I mean it's not that shocking.

I wouldn't call it so much as a cleanse as much as it's yet another attention grab from an industry starving for it. The two things you can always expect out of any superhero comic is promises of a big change, and a return to the status quo not long after. Which is why i always question why anybody would be so upset at any change, cause it sure as shit ain't lasting and you should be used to it by now.

bad ideas get purged, and then more bad ideas come

but they get purged by audience backlash

However, bad ideas that refuse to accept that their bad ideas and attack the audience? That's what fistful is crying about.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #13753 on: February 02, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »

Alan Moore is (was?) progressive as fuck, he is just not a terrible writter.

He also worships a snake and practices magic.

Not trying to invalidate you or anything, but those two bits of trivia must always be associated with his name.

A god he acknowledges isn’t real, and he’s a ceremonial magician. His beliefs are kinda thelemic mixed with Laveyan hippie satanism. He’s pretty good people.
serge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13754 on: February 02, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Mockingbird are good comics.
dog

« Reply #13755 on: February 02, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
The memo thread over at resetera revealed an even bigger scandal. Jack Remington stealing Astrolad's avatar.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #13756 on: February 02, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
i would like to thank the s j w s for killing comic books. Cultural marxism works.

TVC15

« Reply #13757 on: February 02, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »
The memo thread over at resetera revealed an even bigger scandal. Jack Remington stealing Astrolad's avatar.

(Image removed from quote.)

Taylor getting uglier and uglier. 
serge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13758 on: February 02, 2018, 07:30:18 PM »

Who is that babe? Ellen Page?
每天生气

« Reply #13759 on: February 02, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »

Who is that babe? Ellen Page?

I think it's Carter Page

Clockwork5

« Reply #13760 on: February 02, 2018, 08:16:50 PM »
Lolllllllll
Quote from: SantaC
Is it wrong to try and date 25-30 year olds when you are 37?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4074858

I'm 37 and my current lady friend is 21

:ohyeah

But she literally approached me and said she wanted to suck my dick after we had known each other for a month or so.  I'll tell you what I didn't do, get on RE and ask them if it was ok to consummate the blow job.

wow you're basically a rapist

If you're saying grown women can't do what they wish with their bodies, I don't want to live in that world.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13761 on: February 02, 2018, 08:16:55 PM »
I wouldn't call it so much as a cleanse as much as it's yet another attention grab from an industry starving for it. The two things you can always expect out of any superhero comic is promises of a big change, and a return to the status quo not long after. Which is why i always question why anybody would be so upset at any change, cause it sure as shit ain't lasting and you should be used to it by now.

I think it's worth examining reasons why the change might take place and then why it doesn't last.  Even if it seems cyclical, it might not be for the same reasons every time.

Like you really think they all sit around in a boardroom and say "ok, we killed off one of our major heroes completely, shocked the world, sold comics, and then undid all that.  What should we do next?  Identity politics is shocking people now, isn't it?  Let's make Iron Man a young black girl to get into the news headlines and change it back once we're bored."

It could just as easily be genuine attempts at innovation and creating lasting change.  Change HAS happened.  Batman's gone through a bunch of Robins.  Even if they're all still on the table depending on what time period or alt universe you want to write for, everyone knows that Jason Todd died.  I think most changes are actual attempts at long term modifications to canon.  There's just too much at stake at this stage of the game though, too much feedback for it to stick.  And some changes do seem to be agenda-driven, rather than "let's tell an interesting story"-driven.

I mean if they make Hulk a gay muslim and plan in advance to revert back to the status quo, they're creating comics disingenuously and in bad faith, right?
Uncle

parallax

« Reply #13762 on: February 02, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »
Everybody already assumed Ice Man was gay anyway :yeshrug

why?

String of failed (hetero-sexual/women) romances is the popular "Iceman was always gay" theory. Oh and throwing that panel of Jean Grey coming to the school and he's all "meh, women. Whatever."

That move was clearly Marvel trying to score progressive points, but it was just bad because 1) retcon of an established character 2) it was BLINDINGLY obvious that it was a PR move.

Now I haven't read their "progressive comics" like Ms. Marvel or anything, but their events have been shit for ages. They should stop doing cross-overs and let each of the properties actually breathe. Like, for fuck sake: I like the X-men, but they don't need to be in every stupid cross-over event Bendis and crew do.

so...do people overlook every other popular character when spouting this shit?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13763 on: February 02, 2018, 08:33:33 PM »
Most major changes aren’t though. Like in Iron Man, the question of “when is Tony coming back?” Has been asked since the moment Riri took over. Jane Foster a Thor was guaranteed not to stick around by virtue of the fact that she has terminal cancer and is only Thor to be kept alive.

Sometimes yes, a change is intended to be permanent— like with a new Robin or Miles taking over as Spider-Man after Peter died in Ultimate.
And even then those are terrible examples when I think about it because Morrison always intended for Damian to die and Peter Parker eventually came back to life in USM just before Secret Wars blew the world up.

It’s very hard to make long lasting changes in comics in general and fans are always cynical about an interesting change lasting. When you take that cynicism that’s already there and then lump in a heap in helping of political moralizing, people are going to react negatively.

The problem with Marvel’s (and DC and elsewhere) so-called SJ W writers isn’t necessarily that they’re writing politics into their stories. It’s that they do so in a way that’s basically the author getting up on a soapbox and lecturing people for not thinking or acting a certain way. It’s bad writing. It’s ham-fisted trash every single time.

And it’s not just Marvel either. Try reading Batgirl or Birds if Prey. It’s complete girl power! We don’t need no stinkin’ Men trash.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13764 on: February 02, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #13765 on: February 02, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
Male super heroes tend to have lots of girl friends. That doesn't strike me as being gay or else every super hero is I guess gay.

To me it was just another moment in Bendis' X-men run. Where he brought up something and then proceeded to do nothing with it. That's all of his X-men run. Full of ideas and plots that went nowhere. For all the talk, Cyclops' revolution ammoited to a state park speech. The best part is most of his new characters which never amounted  to shit will probably never be used. Especially the super powerful Eve Bell, who seemed to be the only one he gave serious development to.

Seriously his whole 2 year or so run on the X-'men was nothing but a wet blanket.

Tasty

« Reply #13766 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
Batman #666 :rejoice :preach

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Morrison :nope

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Morrison when he's writing Batman and not referencing shit no one cares about from 50 years ago :ohyeah
[close]
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #13767 on: February 02, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »
Damian is fucking lame.

I say this as a huge Tim Drake stan: nah. There's been a looooooot of great stories with Damian either as a component or the centerpiece.

Is he overplayed? Maybe. But it's probably deserved.

Jansen

« Reply #13768 on: February 02, 2018, 11:37:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-of-the-most-famous-photos-of-the-vietnam-war-had-a-false-narrative-this-whole-time.20826/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4099310/

Quote from: UltraMagnanimous, post: 4099310, member: 22020
The back story makes the picture no less barbaric.

::)

Jansen

« Reply #13769 on: February 02, 2018, 11:52:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/omega-labyrinth-z-has-been-banned-in-australia.20823/

must defend my creepy Loli boob inflating simulator!

More of creepy Vita gaf survived the Trek to era than anticipated

TVC15

« Reply #13770 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/omega-labyrinth-z-has-been-banned-in-australia.20823/

must defend my creepy Loli boob inflating simulator!

More of creepy Vita gaf survived the Trek to era than anticipated

I’d buy this. I love Mystery Dungeon games and it’s been forever since we got one. I also like comically large boobs.
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13772 on: February 03, 2018, 12:32:50 AM »
Yeah, that's embarassing. And while I commend him for leaving that cringe in the past, he took an embarrassing 180 degree turn into social studies cringe.

Eh, he isn't necessarily wrong that Comic Book nerds (and Gamers) are sometimes shitheels. You can just go to a Magic: the Gathering, Comic Book, or Gamestore to see assholes that treat women badly first-hand. But I don't think throwing "progressive" stories is going to do anything to stop that shit. Wizard's banning assholes for being assholes, does in regards to welcoming women to their venues, but doesn't really change the assholes opinion.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS WOO!

Jansen

« Reply #13773 on: February 03, 2018, 12:42:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4100291/

Quote from: MotionBlue, post: 4100291, member: 3199
Weird to see people cheering for puritan censorship.

maybe opiate is on the mod team under a different name after all

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13774 on: February 03, 2018, 03:27:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-of-the-most-famous-photos-of-the-vietnam-war-had-a-false-narrative-this-whole-time.20826/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4096211/
I was reading about this just the other day.
wow, very cool

I fail to see the barbarism in making an example of an Invader who Murdered 30+ civilians.

When dealing with Communist radicals invading on behalf of the Soviet Empire, ends meet means.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13775 on: February 03, 2018, 03:27:48 AM »
in rose mcgowan thread
Andi has deleted both her Ask.fm and tumblr. She is obviously trying to cover her tracks, and here's what I have to say about this:

I bet you're reading this, Andi. How do I know that? You are a fucking narcissistic asshole. If you weren't, your victims would still go out unheard. You might think you're clever and that you are going to get away with this. I bet that you've already tried to reach a lawyer and that you were instructed to keep quiet. Here's some spoilers to you:

As long as I'm fucking breathing, you won't get away with this. You will answer to Justice for what you've done, and you will face a trial. And you did see what happened with Larry Nassar, didn't you? Hope you are ready to rot in fucking prison because that's what about to happen to you. And trust me, the internet is forever. Ask.fm and tumblr would gladly deliver all your bulshit if asked by a court of law. I've heard about that time that you held a kid against two vending machines. Do you even fucking remember that? SHE DOES. And so I will do as long as I know that you aren't facing jail.

We are the progressive voices that you tried to fool. We are the progressive voices that you tried to impress. We are the ones that you thought that would have your back. We won't stand for your shit. We won't stand for your crimes. And we'll happily see you go to jail, where you belong. "For life", as you feared. You fucked up girls and said that it's not rape if they are smiling. And I ask you, Andi: Are you smiling?

Because if you are, let me assure you one single thing: soon you won't.

feminist punisher origin story, coming to a store near you
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13776 on: February 03, 2018, 04:07:29 AM »
:badass As long as I'm fucking breathing, you won't get away with this. :badass

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13777 on: February 03, 2018, 04:44:47 AM »
navy_seal_copypasta.txt

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13778 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »
"All transgenders are courageous"

(Start at 2:24)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13779 on: February 03, 2018, 04:58:25 AM »
in rose mcgowan thread
Andi has deleted both her Ask.fm and tumblr. She is obviously trying to cover her tracks, and here's what I have to say about this:

I bet you're reading this, Andi. How do I know that? You are a fucking narcissistic asshole. If you weren't, your victims would still go out unheard. You might think you're clever and that you are going to get away with this. I bet that you've already tried to reach a lawyer and that you were instructed to keep quiet. Here's some spoilers to you:

As long as I'm fucking breathing, you won't get away with this. You will answer to Justice for what you've done, and you will face a trial. And you did see what happened with Larry Nassar, didn't you? Hope you are ready to rot in fucking prison because that's what about to happen to you. And trust me, the internet is forever. Ask.fm and tumblr would gladly deliver all your bulshit if asked by a court of law. I've heard about that time that you held a kid against two vending machines. Do you even fucking remember that? SHE DOES. And so I will do as long as I know that you aren't facing jail.

We are the progressive voices that you tried to fool. We are the progressive voices that you tried to impress. We are the ones that you thought that would have your back. We won't stand for your shit. We won't stand for your crimes. And we'll happily see you go to jail, where you belong. "For life", as you feared. You fucked up girls and said that it's not rape if they are smiling. And I ask you, Andi: Are you smiling?

Because if you are, let me assure you one single thing: soon you won't.

feminist punisher origin story, coming to a store near you

benjipwns

« Reply #13780 on: February 03, 2018, 05:59:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4100471/
The number of Andi's accusers and their more ardent supporters using transphobic language and straight up misgendering her (both as 'they/them' and 'he/him') is... disconcerting to say the least.

How does one call out someone who is at the same time revealing past trauma? How can someone NOT call out someone who misgendering a trans person though? It doesn't feel right to just let it slide.

Like... Regardless of who the trans person is or what he, she, they, or whatever pronoun they prefer have done- you never fucking misgender them. You are not "sticking it to them". You are, however, throwing every other trans person under the bus and normalizing their harassment and abuse. It's entirely possible to completely disrespect someone while still using their pronouns. Why you would want to normalize violence against millions of innocents just to get the snide satisfaction of upsetting a trash human is beyond me.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13782 on: February 03, 2018, 06:35:35 AM »
what a fucking idiot

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #13783 on: February 03, 2018, 06:40:39 AM »
"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

lol

benjipwns

« Reply #13784 on: February 03, 2018, 07:23:36 AM »
what a fucking idiot
it's interesting to learn that Africans saw guns as primitive weapons when Europeans came over,

nudemacusers

« Reply #13785 on: February 03, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4100471/
The number of Andi's accusers and their more ardent supporters using transphobic language and straight up misgendering her (both as 'they/them' and 'he/him') is... disconcerting to say the least.

How does one call out someone who is at the same time revealing past trauma? How can someone NOT call out someone who misgendering a trans person though? It doesn't feel right to just let it slide.

Like... Regardless of who the trans person is or what he, she, they, or whatever pronoun they prefer have done- you never fucking misgender them. You are not "sticking it to them". You are, however, throwing every other trans person under the bus and normalizing their harassment and abuse. It's entirely possible to completely disrespect someone while still using their pronouns. Why you would want to normalize violence against millions of innocents just to get the snide satisfaction of upsetting a trash human is beyond me.
I guess who this poster was... dude is a complete goober lmao.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post DEMI WHEN ARE WE GETTING BORE 2.0 SOFTWARE??! I’ll jump in a shower w/ you to speed it along if I have to...
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #13787 on: February 03, 2018, 08:07:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/regarding-dudes-who-freak-the-fuck-out-over-the-idea-of-co-ed-professional-sports.20883/

OK, why is the concept that the variety of physical differences between humans shouldn't affect the way men and women are treated so threatening to so many men?

Why the is a firm or hostile response so common? Like, I'd be fine if they went, 'Eh. Maybe. Probably won't work in practice due to these factors though...' But no. They go BWAAA. They swarm. They mobilize. They fucking build a pyramid-shaped shrine to the Shining Unchanging Incontrovertible Truth that I AM A FUCKING MAN, BRO.

Why do so many men stake their entire identity and sense of self-worth on the certainty that a woman will never be able to run a 100m faster than them? Why are legions of dudes going so damn hard against the people-- let's call them the ancient, all-powerful, and tyrannical cosmic force known as "SJWs" that only a few brave selfless heroes have had the courage to stand against-- now thinking we went a little overboard with the rigid binary shit over the last few millennia, give or take?

Let's level here. From a neutral perspective uninundated with entitlement and inflated self-worth, we're just stupid sacks of dumb interconnected blotches of carbon and calcium and keratin and it takes two of us to make another weird thing that's kinda like us, sort of. We all have variations, outliers, and inconsistencies. So I mean, what the fuck?

Is it just a comfort issue? If not bona fide insecurity, is it mental laziness? Fear of the unknown? Even excessive competitiveness can't account for the widespread extent of how fucking TERRIFYING it is for dudes that a non-man might not contribute satisfactorily to any athletic endeavor on some imaginary scale that women will never actually be able to eclipse because the Holy Actuality That We Must Always Unfortunately Always Keep In Mind that a great number of humans without a Y chromosome tend to be weaker than those with one.

This is the world's most important generalization. Ignore it and we anger the gods. In fact, we might as well just label it universal law, right? Right? Sure, Dale Hammersworth from down the street might be able to pull me down on the asphalt and fart in my mouth, but at least Janie Pollard next door will never beat me at arm wrestling!

Are we literally raising all boys to believe that if a human they can't categorize as a Penis Pal outperforms them in certain activities, they'll fucking sink into the ground and dissolve into shale? What's sustaining this foundational fucking tenet buried deep in nearly every guy on the planet that the best woman should never, ever surpass the worst man, and how do we proceed to blow it up from space?

Because come on now. Really. Fuckin' who the fuck cares? We're going to die. One or two of these goddamn 4 billion women should be able to play your fun distracting little fun sport things.

Anyway. I'm sure a decent number of you have a rebuttal. Let's hear it! I'm hoping it's something like 'Eh. Maybe. Probably won't work in practice due to these factors though...,' but my ears are open here.
:crowdlaff
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:14:49 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

venereology

« Reply #13789 on: February 03, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
lmao he edited it

shosta

« Reply #13790 on: February 03, 2018, 08:30:56 AM »

Loooooooooooooool!!!!!
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13791 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »
Warnings longer than the posts they appear in.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #13792 on: February 03, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
meet your new mod
It’s why I never close this thread.

My boss at work got on me about it recently. She hasn’t historically had a problem with me reading the forum because I’ve explained it’s a news source for me. But lately she’s been skeptical because “how much news can you possibly be consuming?”

There’s just so much news, I told her. It never stops. She asked me if I remember what it’s like to not be so obsessed with the daily emissions of the American machine and I told her I could not. She told me to get back to work.

Which made me think “Let’s Get Back to Work” would be a great slogan for the Dems in 2020.
never change
每天生气

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13793 on: February 03, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »
You have to be shitting me

Risible

« Reply #13794 on: February 03, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
This thread is proof that when you gaze long enough into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

nudemacusers

« Reply #13795 on: February 03, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »
This thread is proof that when you gaze long enough into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
I am the abyss
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13796 on: February 03, 2018, 09:03:07 AM »
The Rose story really took a weird turn
- Rose is a victim of #metoo and a feminist hero
- Some transgender heckles Rose
- Rose tells it to fuck off
- Rose is a Nazi
- Transgender turns out to have been a rapist or pedophile or told lies on the internet (who would do such a thing?)
- Rose is still a Nazi but the heckler now also a rapist
- REEEEEE: Everyone is evil but me! This shall't be the mountain I die on until I taketh mine final breath

:gddr5
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13797 on: February 03, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »
The mental gymnastics involved are absurd.

It is fascinating to see SocJus identity politics monsters eat themselves.
This is where identity politics always end. They should read a history book but they won't because the writer might probably be a racist or a rapist.
So instead they read the communist manifesto, watch CNN garbage and cry themselves to sleep wondering which of the 120 billion genders they actually identify as.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13798 on: February 03, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
meet your new mod
It’s why I never close this thread.

My boss at work got on me about it recently. She hasn’t historically had a problem with me reading the forum because I’ve explained it’s a news source for me. But lately she’s been skeptical because “how much news can you possibly be consuming?”

There’s just so much news, I told her. It never stops. She asked me if I remember what it’s like to not be so obsessed with the daily emissions of the American machine and I told her I could not. She told me to get back to work.

Which made me think “Let’s Get Back to Work” would be a great slogan for the Dems in 2020.
never change

That can't be real :dead
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #13799 on: February 03, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »
So they brought on a creative writing high school student to be a mod.