Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174204 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13980 on: February 05, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »
parody, impossible to be a real thing

There is a parody version going around with Lawrence Fishburne saying "what the fuck are you talking about" but he doesn't have a Twitter.

However  https://twitter.com/DrBeKnows/status/958316114299248640
Uncle

Himu

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13981 on: February 05, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
:neogaf

Fighting for “sooooooocial justice”
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13982 on: February 05, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4181534/

Gattsu25 said: ↑User Banned (1 Week): Doubling down on a transphobic comment

It can be hard to acknowledge the negative side of oneself. JFC @ the bold.

First of all I'm part of the LGBT community being gay myself. That doesn't mean I can't find ridiculous many aspects of it I don't share.

Not that this kind of discussion can be had on this forum anyway.

A gay guy doesn't think something is transphobic. Even says he is not from the US and English isn't his first language.
What

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #13983 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
parody, impossible to be a real thing

There is a parody version going around with Lawrence Fishburne saying "what the fuck are you talking about" but he doesn't have a Twitter.

However  https://twitter.com/DrBeKnows/status/958316114299248640

Dr.BeKnows bio:

Black Feminist Social Scientist

Himu

« Reply #13984 on: February 05, 2018, 10:50:11 AM »

First of all I'm part of the LGBT community being gay myself. That doesn't mean I can't find ridiculous many aspects of it I don't share.

A gay guy doesn't think something is transphobic. Even says he is not from the US and English isn't his first language.

IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13985 on: February 05, 2018, 10:53:21 AM »
Deep diving into sonichu/cwcwiki back in the day :rejoice

There was a panel about Chris chan at Magfest this year, and she made an appearance at the panel! Was pretty cool.
^_^

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13986 on: February 05, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »

This I really don't get how it's supposed to be transphobic.  His earlier post mentioned "people inventing genders."  If you are trans you aren't inventing a gender.  You are male/female and wish to be considered/referred to as that.

Disparaging comments towards
Adeptogender– When your gender identity was obtained through your realization of your kinself. as in your kin realization spurred your gender realization. (note: the gender and kin type do not necessarily have to correlate with each other)
might be something-phobic but it's not transphobic.
Uncle

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #13987 on: February 05, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »
I mean this is just 100% truth. Fucking stupid mods with their dumb US centered ideas and worldviews.
No offense meant to anyone here from NA, but you guys should probably avoid threads where they discuss your local issues, just like i avoid them discussing theirs, there is nothing to gain from talking with them about these things as a local as they'll just ignore you anyway.

You mean as a European I shouldnt enter threads about countries in Europe because they ( the mods ) wont get it? Or what do you mean Momo?

But yeah, better to just avoid political threads. But to be honest their modding style pisses me the fuck off. Banning people left and right without any room for nuance.

Even in non-political gaming threads those fuckers can make things political. see Subnautica and Kingdom threads.  :lol

« Reply #13988 on: February 05, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4177651/

My latest ban

That moderation is seriously garbage

https://www.resetera.com/threads/subnauticas-sound-designer-is-apparently-racist-and-transphobic.21140/page-14#post-4177697

:whatisthis

I dunno if it's my browser or because I'm on mobile or what.  But this link and some other people post from reset end up taking my to the top post of the page the linked post is on.

Many of the links here do take me to the intended post, but this one doesn't.  Leaves me guessing which one you're talking about
  ??? ???

Himu

« Reply #13989 on: February 05, 2018, 11:04:24 AM »
A LIST OF GENDERS ON TUMBLR FROM PEOPLE WHO CLAIM (emphasis) TO BE TRANS

http://genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender

When you base this on identity you allow people in who identify and just make shit up or have autism. But nah. Gotta defend them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:17:42 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13990 on: February 05, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
I IDENTIFY as a fighter jet.

IYKYK

« Reply #13991 on: February 05, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
A LIST OF GENDERS ON TUMBLR FROM PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE TRANS

When you base this on identity you allow people in who identify and just make shit up or have autism. But nah. Gotta defend them.

Wonder what would happen if the alt-right claimed alt-right as a gender.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #13992 on: February 05, 2018, 11:11:21 AM »
I dunno if it's my browser or because I'm on mobile or what.  But this link and some other people post from reset end up taking my to the top post of the page the linked post is on.

Many of the links here do take me to the intended post, but this one doesn't.  Leaves me guessing which one you're talking about
  ??? ???

If the link is really long and has the thread title in it, it might not work on some platforms.  Generally you gotta click on the right of the person's post to bring up details and copy the short link.
Uncle

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #13993 on: February 05, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
(POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING) Autigender: a gender that can only be understood in the context of being autistic. Meant for autistic people only.

:lol

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #13994 on: February 05, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
What is the racial and ethnic profile of the reset mods?

We deserve to know which group is controlling the discussion

Are there women? Europeans? How many black people?

Himu

« Reply #13995 on: February 05, 2018, 11:14:13 AM »
But Cindi!

WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN TO THE NON-BINARIES? AREN'T YOU ALL THE SAME?!?!

:sabu

NO! A community taken over by a bunch of AUTISTS.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13996 on: February 05, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »

They're pretty much all cacs. Put your faith in the white savior complex. The white left shall save us all! :rejoice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:sabu
[close]
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #13997 on: February 05, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
Are we really doing this? Are we really doing this?

I thought you liked Sonic comics more than the classic games?

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #13998 on: February 05, 2018, 11:21:57 AM »

Heres the thing, i dont care if these people want to be as distinguished mentally-challenged as they want to be. I have a problem with them trying to get me to recognise that:

"Hydrogender: a gender which shares qualities with water" and the rest of their bullshit is an actual thing.

I would love a study to be done of these people being interviewed and detailing how they went through their transition to reach the conclusions they have.

nudemacusers

« Reply #13999 on: February 05, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
I assume that list is a joke?

Any gender named _gender may be made into _boy, _girl, _nonbinary, etc.

(example: demigender, demiboy, demigirl, deminonbinary)

Demi-vapor (term coined by @cotton-blossom-jellyfish): Continuously drifting to other genders, feeling spiritually transcendental when doing so while having a clear -slightly blurred- inner visual of your genders, transitions, and positive emotions. Tied to Demi-Smoke.

Demi-smoke (term coined by @cotton-blossom-jellyfish): A transcendental, spiritual gender roughly drifting to other genders that are unable to be foreseen and understood, shrouded in darkness within your inner visual. Elevating through mystery. Caused by a lack of inner interpretation and dark emotional states. Tied to Demi-Vapor.

Hydrogender: a gender which shares qualities with water

Systemgender: a gender that is the sum of all the genders within a multiple or median system

Vapogender: a gender that sort of feels like smoke; can be seen on a shallow level but once you go deeper, it disappears and you are left with no gender and only tiny wisps of what you thought it was

Tho tbh I like the sound of vapoboy  8)
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #14000 on: February 05, 2018, 11:27:01 AM »
why are you all being so TRANSphobic? How could you betray your people, Cindi?! Why are you such a coon?!

IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #14001 on: February 05, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »
Also reading the actual tumblr this list is connected to is infinitely more entertaining.

So this question might sound weird but I'm really confused. Is there a word for being solely attracted to men with vulvas? Would that be bi, or...?

That would be called transphobia :)
~ Wren

Whu?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14002 on: February 05, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »
I don't know anymore what gender is

"feels like smoke"

No wonder that there's the attack helicopter meme

nudemacusers

« Reply #14003 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:07 AM »
I’ve got some questions. I´m not feeling like every gender on your list is suitbale for me. I´m feeling like I´m not an actual human and more like a celestial being or a powerful outer space living being trapped inside my human body? Is there a gender I missed, which fits my description and are there other people like me?

Hey! That actually doesn’t have to do with gender, but it is a thing! Look into “otherkin”
-jessi

Oh so I can be a vapoboy but my mans here can’t live life as a cosmononbinary.  :maf
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #14004 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:25 AM »
FYI, my friends and I have literally made up our own genders before, posted them to tumblr, and then people said,"that's me too!"

IYKYK

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #14005 on: February 05, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »

"feels like smoke"

Vampire.

Himu

« Reply #14006 on: February 05, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »
I’ve got some questions. I´m not feeling like every gender on your list is suitbale for me. I´m feeling like I´m not an actual human and more like a celestial being or a powerful outer space living being trapped inside my human body? Is there a gender I missed, which fits my description and are there other people like me?

Hey! That actually doesn’t have to do with gender, but it is a thing! Look into “otherkin”
-jessi

Oh so I can be a vapoboy but my mans here can’t live life as a cosmononbinary.  :maf

:lol

Aliengender
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #14007 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
Is there a gender for a totally straight married guy who has 4 kids, loves fashion and appreciates dicks on a  purely aesthetic level?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #14008 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »
Is there a gender for a totally straight married guy who has 4 kids, loves fashion and appreciates dicks on a  purely aesthetic level?

yeah man it's called normal

IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #14009 on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:07 AM »

Where's attack helicopter?  :maf

SG-17

« Reply #14010 on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:55 AM »
Fassgender - A gender that is influenced by the act of watching Michael Fassbender act.

Himu

« Reply #14011 on: February 05, 2018, 11:36:09 AM »

It's in all of our hearts!
IYKYK

daemon

« Reply #14012 on: February 05, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »
I'm not ashamed to say that I wish most of the resetters were actually born in bangladesh and now had threads and needles in their hands instead of keyboards to cry about their fabricated outrages trying to destroy the subnautica sound designer's life.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:47:41 AM by daemon »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14013 on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »

I don't know, but I heard if they don't watch Black Panther *twice* they get demodded

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14014 on: February 05, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »

"I identify as an attack helicopter"

:nope

"My gender feels like an attack helicopter"

:ohyeah

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14015 on: February 05, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »
Remember that for these folks, belonging to Identity Group X is a paramount.

Of course, ithe only logical conclusion to their neverending thirst for defining more and more groups is, ironically, the individual. Maybe they'll get there eventually.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #14016 on: February 05, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »
Magigender: a gender that is mostly gender and the rest is something else

its a joke list, im on board with whoever suggested that. Must be a joke.

Himu

« Reply #14017 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »
Magigender: a gender that is mostly gender and the rest is something else

its a joke list, im on board with whoever suggested that. Must be a joke.

Nope. It's real (well, a real list). They probably added it to the list and the non-binaries think it's legit and add it because someone else identified as it. There's lost of autists on tumblr and facebook who identify with a lot of these.
IYKYK

« Reply #14018 on: February 05, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
I IDENTIFY as a fighter jet.

(Image removed from quote.)

Exhibits both a left and right wing.

:trigger :trigger

nudemacusers

« Reply #14020 on: February 05, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
Fassgender - A gender that is influenced by the act of watching Michael Fassbender act.
Fassgender watching assasins creed :nope

Fassgender watching shame  :ohyeah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14021 on: February 05, 2018, 12:28:39 PM »

"feels like smoke"

No wonder that there's the attack helicopter meme
Uncle

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14022 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
You can't understand gender unless you're a quantum physicist brehs.

Verangender: a gender that seems to shift/change the moment it is identified

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14023 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:26 PM »
Is it logical you can only identify as male, female or none?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14024 on: February 05, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »
I think if you go around saying "I identify as" then you've already put too much thought into it.  I don't need anyone else to validate who I am.
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #14025 on: February 05, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »

Yes
IYKYK

SG-17

« Reply #14026 on: February 05, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
You can't understand gender unless you're a quantum physicist brehs.

Verangender: a gender that seems to shift/change the moment it is identified

We finally figured out Lime.
Wow, a gender so powerful it let's the person change country of residence and career on demand!

« Reply #14027 on: February 05, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »
You're in whatever country you FEEL like you're in. Nationalityfluid nonbordery

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14028 on: February 05, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
I'm Canadian.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14029 on: February 05, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »

cuck
©@©™

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #14030 on: February 05, 2018, 01:25:09 PM »
Honestly, I really don't see anything racist or especially transphobic in those tweets. Racism I can see if you flagrantly ignore all context, but transphobic? Are trans people really so fragile that a stupid joke about helicopters triggers the majority of them, then it is no wonder so many people in the LGBT community want to exile the T.

Also! Poland is a great country. The women there have some of the biggest tits on Earth, statistically speaking.

paprikastaude

« Reply #14031 on: February 05, 2018, 01:27:14 PM »
How did a thread about reviews of Monster Hunter turn into pages of completely nonsensical gamergate/altright talk/accusations? As if you needed more proof that those petty people live for the internet outrage.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #14032 on: February 05, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »
Polish Milkers.  :noah

One day I shall visit my ancestral homeland.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:48:54 PM by Atramental »

SG-17

« Reply #14033 on: February 05, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
How did a thread about reviews of Monster Hunter turn into pages of completely nonsensical gamergate talk/accusations? As if you needed more proof that those petty people live for the internet outrage.
I think the question that you should ask is if there is anyway it couldn't turn into that.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14034 on: February 05, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
Also! Poland is a great country. The women there have some of the biggest tits on Earth, statistically speaking.
I'd rather get my shit pushed in by a dark haired, thicc Romanian girl :noah

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14035 on: February 05, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »
Man, Kingdom Come has the mods fired up.

Considering how much the game aims for realism, I wonder if the "put out" stat for women will vary depending on who they are and what their status is
User banned 7 days: Misogyny

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4183935/

Also sounds like they're planning something

Please remain civil while engaging in this thread. We will make clear our policy on Kingdom Come at a later time.

Aegis.exe

« Reply #14036 on: February 05, 2018, 01:45:34 PM »

Sort of. There's merit to things outside of that such as non-binary and genderfluidity, but it's all pretty relatively "normal" when you're still thinking around male/female type stuff. Once you start to mess with things past that with the types of shit you see on tumblr it starts to get pretty illegitimate.

Idk. Me and Cindi are actually a little bit different on this type of thing to a degree. I tend to accept some part of the identity politics stuff before it hits the point of being silly. I also tend to agree that the trans identity has been co-opted by people that far outside of that umbrella lately that are pretty de-legitimizing. Idk, I try not to be as harsh about it until we start hitting parody levels or really gross negligence.

FStop7

« Reply #14037 on: February 05, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »
Threads like the Subnautica one are just purity tests.  If you post in the thread and your opinion is not 100% within lock step you will be shamed via "warning" from a mod and dogpiled by the mob.  If you persist in your wrongthink you will be banned.  The only way to "win" is not to play the game.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14038 on: February 05, 2018, 01:48:01 PM »

Egogender: a gender that is so personal to your experience that it can only be described as “you”

:larry

EDIT: Woah. Top of the page. Okay then:

Philip Cardgage is a Soy Boy
woke

SG-17

« Reply #14039 on: February 05, 2018, 01:48:50 PM »
Man, Kingdom Come has the mods fired up.

Considering how much the game aims for realism, I wonder if the "put out" stat for women will vary depending on who they are and what their status is
User banned 7 days: Misogyny

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4183935/

Also sounds like they're planning something

Please remain civil while engaging in this thread. We will make clear our policy on Kingdom Come at a later time.
ki

Kingdom Come Deliverance?

What problem would they have with it? I just read the Wikipedia page and it seems innocuous, if notable for historical accuracy. I assume that's the issue, since real history won't pass their purity tests.