Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174783 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14280 on: February 06, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
Movie studios have really been taking advantage of social studies warrior reviewers lately huh.
Black Panther at 100% on that garbage RT site and i don't see any mention of shitty ass CGI. 

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14281 on: February 06, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »
Awesome, your son's genitals do not belong to you. You do not have the right to decide that circumcision should be done to them.

by that logic, home school children shouln't be vaccinated until they're older and understand what vaccinations are...

:lol :lol :lol

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #14282 on: February 06, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
http://freebeacon.com/culture/npr-timberlake-white-privilege-halftime-moment/

NPR Music Critic: Timberlake Embodies ‘White Male Privilege,’ Super Bowl Halftime Show Was Not ‘Right for This Moment’

:reeeee

I can't tell who is real and who is trolling anymore.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #14283 on: February 06, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »

NPR Music Critic: Timberlake Embodies ‘White Male Privilege,’ Super Bowl Halftime Show Was Not ‘Right for This Moment’

When i read shit like that it almost makes me want Trump winning in 2020.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14284 on: February 06, 2018, 06:14:43 PM »
I think that Superbowl performance was formalistic and alien to the Soviet sensitivity. There was no mention of the class struggle at all. Nothing can be separate from our revolution.
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #14285 on: February 06, 2018, 06:19:49 PM »
Believing that transwomen regularly fall into a pit of reinforcing shitty gender stereotypes by attempting to outwardly and behaviourally appear as what they think women should be is also transphobia.

Believing that transwomen still benefited from years and years of male privilege before they transitioned is also transphobia.

Being able to spot an attempt of blatant scam in an online game is far easier than walking on eggshells around the lgbtqbbq group.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14286 on: February 06, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »

And, frankly, Timberlake now embodies that phrase so often spoken today: white male privilege. It's just not a good look for 2018, and it's really, in some ways, not his fault. It's just who he is."

Oh, crap. It's 2018, time to get a new look

:dolezal

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #14287 on: February 06, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »

OK everyone need to read this, these people are insane.

National Public Radio music critic Ann Powers said Monday that Justin Timberlake embodies "white male privilege" and that his Super Bowl halftime performance on Sunday was not "right for this moment."

"It's really, in some ways, not his fault. It's just who he is," Powers added of Timberlake, who has won multiple Grammys and is one of the best-selling male soloists in pop music history.

Harkening back to the infamous "wardrobe malfunction," when Timberlake briefly exposed fellow Super Bowl halftime performer Janet Jackson's breast in 2004, Powers said that moment "haunted" his show on Sunday, which consisted of Timberlake singing his hits and included a tribute to Prince.

"The entire performance was shrouded in the sense of Timberlake not being right for this moment—and the Janet Jackson controversy haunted it," Powers said on "All Things Considered." "He chose to perform the song ‘Rock Your Body,' during which the famous wardrobe malfunction took place, and yet he didn't mention Janet. He didn't shout her out, and he stopped the song right before the line during which he ripped off her costume."

"It was almost like he was trying to erase what had happened in the past, but that is just not flying in 2018," she added.

Powers said Timberlake's entire career and art were "based on his ability to be smooth" and through "artful mixes, never quite shows any struggle."

"But we are living in a moment of struggle, and we want our pop music to also reflect that struggle," she said. "And, frankly, Timberlake now embodies that phrase so often spoken today: white male privilege. It's just not a good look for 2018, and it's really, in some ways, not his fault. It's just who he is."

I bolded everything because every single paragraph is as unintentionally hilarious and out of touch with reality as the next one.

Himu

« Reply #14288 on: February 06, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »
JT’s Super Bowl half time show sucked but not because he’s a cac

NPR is ::) for that
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14289 on: February 06, 2018, 06:41:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/ariannahuff/status/960902212003221504

The world United States has gone completely bonkers  :doge
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14290 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »
collinsworth said it was better than the game

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14291 on: February 06, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
What Timberlake did to Janet Jackson is nigh unforgivable but that article is lol worthy. If you want to trash JT focus on him releasing a bad album with a terrible single that doesn't work due to his work vocal tone, and slam him for doing a Prince tribute despite disrespecting Prince about 10 years ago.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14292 on: February 06, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »

When i read shit like that it almost makes me want Trump winning in 2020.

Nah, fuck you.

Tasty

« Reply #14293 on: February 06, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »
Honest question: why did JT owe Janet anything? People were hating her more but they were both blameless.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

etiolate

« Reply #14295 on: February 06, 2018, 06:54:32 PM »
Anh Powers sounds like a Sonic Fursona

Boredfrom

« Reply #14296 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/canadian-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-corrects-womans-use-of-mankind.21560/

JUSTIN TRUDEAU SMOOTHIE FLAMINGO'D

Even in context sounds a little stupid. I doubt that was only the “conservative” media that cringe with it.

Himu

« Reply #14297 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:35 PM »
Honest question: why did JT owe Janet anything? People were hating her more but they were both blameless.

Idk as a Janet fan I’m kinda mad her career died and he’s still kickin
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #14298 on: February 06, 2018, 06:58:39 PM »
B2B POSTING

The issue with Super Bowl halftime shows is they keep getting studio types and not established live performers.

Himu

« Reply #14299 on: February 06, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »

I dream of a make out session to this song :lawd
IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14300 on: February 06, 2018, 07:07:37 PM »
Did the public in the US ever reflect upon how fucking insane the reaction was to nipplegate? Justin is really just a piece of the puzzle

Optimus

« Reply #14301 on: February 06, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »

Feminists create problem for women, feminists pretend to solve problem. Hashtag therewasanattempt

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14302 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »

Feminists create problem for women, feminists pretend to solve problem. Hashtag therewasanattempt
It all started with:
#kony2012  :mynicca
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14303 on: February 06, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »

Why would I commit to mansplaining? :nope
que

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14304 on: February 06, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »

Yea, it's not like men created the problem by, you know, harassing and creating hostile work environments for women for decades

:dead

Optimus

« Reply #14305 on: February 06, 2018, 07:33:02 PM »

Yea, it's not like men created the problem by, you know, harassing and creating hostile work environments for women for decades

And feminists solved that problem by creating a system where social media act as judge, jury and executioner therefore giving the opportunity to any attention whore and psycho to ruin a man's life because he asked her out or he didn't pick up the subtle hint she gave that time after she sucked his dick, or just because he just cast her in a nude role. What a sensible and non-distinguished mentally-challenged solution that in no way could backfire and ruin women's lives.

I expect by the time this identity politics circus ends women will be far worse than when it started.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14306 on: February 06, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »

And feminists solved that problem by creating a system where social media act as judge, jury and executioner therefore giving the opportunity to any attention whore and psycho to ruin a man's life because he asked her out or he didn't pick up the subtle hint she gave that time after she sucked his dick, or just because he just cast her in a nude role. What a sensible and non-distinguished mentally-challenged solution that in no way could backfire and ruin women's lives.

I expect by the time this identity politics circus ends women will be far worse than when it started.

You just said that there were not problem. Or why do you think feminist will be involved in denuncing this stuff if it was imaginary?

Optimus

« Reply #14307 on: February 06, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »

You just said that there were not problem.

what

edit:
Or why do you think feminist will be involved in denuncing this stuff if it was imaginary?

I have no idea where you're getting at dude.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14308 on: February 06, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »

You just said that there were not problem.

what

Why are you blaming feminist for getting involved in denuncing harassement? 

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14309 on: February 06, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
:lol @ the evolution of losers itt getting butthurt RE black panther the last few weeks

"Probably gonna bomb"
Record-breaking presales
"Oh it's gonna suck"
100% RT rating
"Rottentomatoes is a garbage site, Marvel only succeeds cuz of these damn essjaydub critics"

Not even attempting to hide it anymore :lol

agrajag

« Reply #14310 on: February 06, 2018, 07:52:21 PM »
#MenTooRHer

Boredfrom

« Reply #14311 on: February 06, 2018, 07:56:40 PM »
:lol @ the evolution of losers itt getting butthurt RE black panther the last few weeks

"Probably gonna bomb"
Record-breaking presales
"Oh it's gonna suck"
100% RT rating
"Rottentomatoes is a garbage site, Marvel only succeeds cuz of these damn essjaydub critics"

While the film seems cool, relaying in a Rotten Tomatoes rating to say a film is good or bad... eh.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14312 on: February 06, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
Did anyone really believe that Black Panther was going to bomb? Come now :gurl
que

Optimus

« Reply #14313 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:12 PM »

Randomly carpet bombing men would be an equally subtle way to "denounce harassment". Supporting and actively encouraging distinguished mentally-challenged solutions to a complicated problem is not just "denouncing harassment". But that's the problem with authoritarian movements in general, they have no sense of nuance and because everything is black and white to them it's easy for them to randomly destroy the lives of individuals belonging to groups they have previously vilified.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14314 on: February 06, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »

Randomly carpet bombing men would be an equally subtle way to "denounce harassment". Supporting and actively encouraging distinguished mentally-challenged solutions to a complicated problem is not just "denouncing harassment". But that's the problem with authoritarian movements in general, they have no sense of nuance and because everything is black and white to them it's easy for them to randomly destroy the lives of individuals belonging to groups they have previously vilified.

The MeToo stuff has its problems, but dunno if we cant  blame for all of it to feminists as social and mainstream media tend to play the blame game as shallow as possible,

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14315 on: February 06, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »

"Probably gonna bomb"
Record-breaking presales
"Oh it's gonna suck"
100% RT rating

While the film seems cool, relaying in a Rotten Tomatoes rating to say a film is good or bad... eh.

Agreed.

Didn't deserve that high of rating at all.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And that's coming from someone who enjoyed the movie
[close]

shosta

« Reply #14316 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:46 PM »
Stufte, when are you gonna post more of that art of yours :aah
每天生气

Optimus

« Reply #14317 on: February 06, 2018, 08:17:44 PM »

The MeToo stuff has its problems, but dunno if we cant  blame for all of it to feminists as social and mainstream media tend to play the blame game as shallow as possible,

That's because mainstream media employ thousands upon thousands of these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who are actively fueling the identity politics dumpster fire which, coincidentally, works great for the rich fucks that own that media. It's as if modern gender studies feminism and neoliberalism have a co-depended relationship or something.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14318 on: February 06, 2018, 08:20:53 PM »
Stufte, when are you gonna post more of that art of yours :aah

When I have free time that isn't work (or posting on the bore, lulz).

Here:

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14319 on: February 06, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »
Without people being warned and banned I don't know which side to take in this feminist debate

Boredfrom

« Reply #14320 on: February 06, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »

That's because mainstream media employ thousands upon thousands of these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who are actively fueling the identity politics dumpster fire which, coincidentally, works great for the rich fucks that own that media. It's as if modern gender studies feminism and neoliberalism have a co-depended relationship or something.

And Im sure you can change all that by being an antagonistic asshole to feminists and social media users for a hashtag movement that also has called out people not exactly innocent. 

stufte

« Reply #14321 on: February 06, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »
Thatd not TLJs final rating...

91% then, still not worthy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14322 on: February 06, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »
Thatd not TLJs final rating...

Neither would be Black Panther 100%.

I mean, I actually think is going to be a good film but getting hyped by a RT score is silly as hell.

shosta

« Reply #14323 on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:33 PM »
Fuck, I'm sorry I asked.
每天生气

Optimus

« Reply #14324 on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
And Im sure you can change all that by being an antagonistic asshole to feminists and social media users for a hashtag movement that also has called out people not exactly innocent.

I can't change shit, mainstream media control the narrative and the useful idiots that participate in this dumpster fire. All I can do it watch the whole thing implode while the country becomes more and more partisan and the aforementioned rich fucks continue getting away with murder because the stupid masses are too busy bickering about bullshit.

Btw, I'm sure randomly carpet bombing men would kill a few rapists, let's try that next!

Boredfrom

« Reply #14325 on: February 06, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »

I can't change shit, mainstream media control the narrative and the useful idiots that participate in this dumpster fire. All I can do it watch the whole thing implode while the country becomes more and more partisan and the aforementioned rich fucks continue getting away with murder because the stupid masses are too busy bickering about bullshit.

Btw, I'm sure randomly carpet bombing men would kill a few rapists, let's try that next!

Lets start with Evilore...

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #14326 on: February 06, 2018, 08:36:42 PM »
The shower goblin did nothing wrong. I read a 9,000 word post he wrote wherein it was mentioned that he is innocent.

Optimus

« Reply #14327 on: February 06, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »

I'm sure I'll trigger a lot of people here but Evilore is a good example of this shit. Even in this forum the people have judged and found him guilty based on.... a facebook post. His word doesn't mean shit, that's it, he's a pervert now and the butt of every shower joke. No trial, even no fucking evidence or some proof needed, just a random woman making an accusation. It's a bright new world. I don't say it should happen to you but anyone who supports this shit would thoroughly deserve it if it happened to him. Then let's see what a big supporter of these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows you'd be.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14328 on: February 06, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
even if he didn't do that shower shit he's a cunt anyway so fuck him

Boredfrom

« Reply #14329 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »

I'm sure I'll trigger a lot of people here but Evilore is a good example of this shit. Even in this forum the people have judged and found him guilty based on.... a facebook post. His word doesn't mean shit, that's it, he's a pervert now and the butt of every shower joke. No trial, even no fucking evidence or some proof needed, just a random woman making an accusation. It's a bright new world. I don't say it should happen to you but anyone who supports this shit would thoroughly deserve it if it happened to him. Then let's see what a big supporter of these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows you'd be.

Are you Evilore?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14330 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »
Conveniently forgetting him admitting it happened via his ridiculous sex cult story. :gurl

Optimus

« Reply #14331 on: February 06, 2018, 08:55:12 PM »
I don't say it should happen to you but anyone who supports this shit would thoroughly deserve it if it happened to him. Then let's see what a big supporter of these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows you'd be.

Um, I mean... not for nothing but... EviLore WAS one of the shitheads who supported that sort of shit.

That's the irony at play here.

He tolerated the morons who supported this shit because they were his slave labor workforce. Not exactly the same but yeah, I get the irony. My point still stands though about Evilore being a good example of how easy it is to become a victim of this distinguished mentally-challenged movement.

Nola

« Reply #14332 on: February 06, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »

No major social/political movement or normative/structural shift in a society, that I am aware of, has been without it's missteps, errors, flaws, idiot advocates, or ingrained institutional pushback.

As someone that is obsessed with labeling everything neoliberal and talking about needed radical reformation, I would think you would be a bit less condescending, broad brushing, and more empathetic about the reform seekers in this dynamic?

Optimus

« Reply #14333 on: February 06, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
Conveniently forgetting him admitting it happened via his ridiculous sex cult story. :gurl

I like how some liked your post, it really shows how much people remember the facts after someone is accused. The only thing Evilore admitted is that he knew her.

Optimus

« Reply #14334 on: February 06, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

No major social/political movement or normative/structural shift in a society, that I am aware of, has been without it's missteps, errors, flaws, idiot advocates, or ingrained institutional pushback.

As someone that is obsessed with labeling everything neoliberal and talking about needed radical reformation, I would think you would be a bit less condescending, broad brushing, and more empathetic about the reform seekers in this dynamic?

They're not reform seekers, they're incompetent shit stirrers whose efforts 99% of the time only result in pointless PR stunts. They're not just inoffensive to the system, they're also extremely useful to it (which is why the system strongly supports them).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:15:32 PM by Optimus »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #14335 on: February 06, 2018, 09:07:22 PM »
I usually don't care about the moderation of other forums but that Porn past thread on Reset is actually miffing me with how one dude got banned just for a dumb MRA argument. I miss the days when a good dogpile did the trick.
:9

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #14336 on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »

In this very thread i mentioned this was a probability and of course the reaction was "nu uh, you're stupid fucking red-piller"

:mynicca

Boredfrom

« Reply #14337 on: February 06, 2018, 09:13:52 PM »

I like how some liked your post, it really shows how much people remember the facts after someone is accused. The only thing Evilore admitted is that he knew her.

The scientology compound...

SG-17

« Reply #14338 on: February 06, 2018, 09:33:58 PM »
Any guesses on who did this ban?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4246550/

Nola

« Reply #14339 on: February 06, 2018, 09:39:19 PM »

They're not reform seekers, they're incompetent shit stirrers whose efforts 99% of the time only result in pointless PR stunts. They're not just inoffensive to the system, they're also extremely useful to it (which is why the system strongly supports them).

Incompetent shit-stirrers who's efforts mostly end up ineffective - in the most cynical and callous interpretation - pretty much describes most political and social movements aimed at changing deeply ingrained normative or structural institutions in stable developed countries, historically vindicated movements or otherwise.

I hate to say it, but most of you Chapo Traphouse Bernie-Trumpers exude that sort of advocative idiocy and ignorance to effective and positive institutional change you are leveling at the #METOO, modern feminist movement. Except these people are actually making some notable structural inroads, even if they are maybe, sometimes, messy, over-corrective, and occasionally off the mark.