Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174222 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14580 on: February 08, 2018, 12:06:24 AM »
I'll destroy you on the mic, bitch!!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:9

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14582 on: February 08, 2018, 12:15:45 AM »
Oh my god, the dumb assholes are really discussing Fahrenheit 451 as if it was Alt Right... ARE YOU PEOPLE distinguished mentally-challenged!

Some of them probably haven't read the book (or hell any book).

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #14583 on: February 08, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »
Books are alt-right. Burn all books!

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #14584 on: February 08, 2018, 12:19:00 AM »
From what I can tell, Voat hates The Bore (“Bore cucks”) and you guys don’t care for the Voat guys either.

Funny how it’s little triangle of hate with Resetera/Voat/Bore.

Don't forget Opa Ages

Is that the one that doxes people? Or is that Kiwifarms?

Edit: yeah Kiwifarms is the one that gets dirt on people. The fuck is an Opa Age

Boredfrom

« Reply #14585 on: February 08, 2018, 12:22:09 AM »
Irishninja is definitely reading this thread, suddenly is calling out Spaceship.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #14586 on: February 08, 2018, 12:22:28 AM »
That moment when you really lean into the cuck life

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-we-be-better-off-with-polyandry-plz-read-op.21885/
This is the same dude that became infatuated with a Trump-supporter chick after a few text messages and phone calls.

:hitler

thisismyusername

« Reply #14587 on: February 08, 2018, 12:23:32 AM »
alright, y'all don't need to hand reading books to the alt-right and start naming classics - of course if you hide under the banner of FREE SPEECH you're gonna highlight those books out of their context, but frankly the if there was a draft i'd push for them to keep ayn rand & call it a day

MOTHERFUCKER YOUR THREAD JUST PROVED THE BOOK POINT

That's not the worst part.

i'd push for them to keep ayn rand

:gurl :comeon :snore

agrajag

« Reply #14588 on: February 08, 2018, 12:23:36 AM »
From what I can tell, Voat hates The Bore (“Bore cucks”) and you guys don’t care for the Voat guys either.

Don't forget Opa Ages

Is that the one that doxes people? Or is that Kiwifarm?

I don't recall anyone from opa doxing anyone, but I do recall Evilore doxing one of its member's girlfriend and registered pedophile amir0x jerking off and jizzing on her photo

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #14589 on: February 08, 2018, 12:23:46 AM »
The fuck is an Opa Age
oh sweet summer child

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #14590 on: February 08, 2018, 12:26:09 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-we-be-better-off-with-polyandry-plz-read-op.21885/
This is the same dude that became infatuated with a Trump-supporter chick after a few text messages and phone calls.

:hitler

Damn now I feel for this battered husband  :rkelly
:9

thisismyusername

« Reply #14591 on: February 08, 2018, 12:26:26 AM »
Irishninja got banned for like 3 days yesterday for calling people that wanted to play Kingdom Come Nazis.  Not sure why he's unbanned now.

I loved it when Irish Ninja tried to post here and very quickly realized that he's "not a good fit for this forum"  :noah

He still didn't show me dick. The asshole.

Hot Slice

« Reply #14592 on: February 08, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

thisismyusername

« Reply #14593 on: February 08, 2018, 12:30:30 AM »
It is funny watching them act how so much better they are to The Bore, yet when NeoGAF imploded, which site did many of  them flocked to at the first opportunity?

https://forum.waypoint.vice.com ???

Yeah, a lot of them went to WayPoint, Discord, and here during the immediate implosion. I remember the massive guest numbers and new accounts here during those first few days post implosion. They left as soon as Reset was opened.

Is funny as the Waypoint community in Resetera seems that has stopped pretending that they like Waypoint.

Huh?

As it is, Disqus forums. :yuck :yuck :yuck I dunno how people put up with that shit.

i hope they continue to increase their lunacy. they won't be able to support banning so many people.

what's REE honestly going to look like in a year?

A joke. Hasn't their new accounts flatlined since they've started to ramp up the bullshit moderation?

Hot Slice

« Reply #14594 on: February 08, 2018, 12:32:53 AM »
Remember, gaming forums may come and go, but 4chan and SA are forever.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14595 on: February 08, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »
It is funny watching them act how so much better they are to The Bore, yet when NeoGAF imploded, which site did many of  them flocked to at the first opportunity?

https://forum.waypoint.vice.com ???

Yeah, a lot of them went to WayPoint, Discord, and here during the immediate implosion. I remember the massive guest numbers and new accounts here during those first few days post implosion. They left as soon as Reset was opened.

Is funny as the Waypoint community in Resetera seems that has stopped pretending that they like Waypoint.

Huh?

There were a bunch of drama with Waypoint a week ago.

thisismyusername

« Reply #14596 on: February 08, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »

I know a few people into that polygamy or whatever they're calling their "open door policy of having a relationship with you" bullshit. I find it kooky banana pants but so long as those folks are happy... :yeshrug

Voat hates us because we don't like their attitude. They gave off the vibe of OPA-AGES (nowthatswhatIcalledgy.gif) with Kiwi Farms. The latter bit is exactly WHY they got banned off reddit and had to go to voat. IIRC, the reddit incarnation was doxxing folks... but it's been a year or two since that drama, so my memory might be playing tricks on me.

agrajag

« Reply #14597 on: February 08, 2018, 12:42:18 AM »
voat hates us because they are blatantly and unapologetically racist and we only dogwhistle here  :doge

Himu

IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14599 on: February 08, 2018, 12:47:31 AM »
voat hates us because they are blatantly and unapologetically racist and we only dogwhistle here  :doge
What an urban thing to say
que

Boredfrom

« Reply #14600 on: February 08, 2018, 12:47:31 AM »
Platforms like Breitbart, and frankly even Fox News, demonstrate how fucking worthless factual debate is with people who have no intention at coming to the table with any degree of sincerity.

They are outright propaganda, you asshole.

Oh fuck that.

My mother gets called a race traitor all the time simply for having a mixed son.

If Alt-righters feel that threatened by the very existence of people like my brother, then they don't deserve to be considered humans.

“Human rights, what is that?”

agrajag

« Reply #14601 on: February 08, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
What an urban thing to say

are you accusing me of cultural appropriation? guuurl  :gurl

And before you say I am using digital blackface, I am race-fluid :dolezal

thisismyusername

« Reply #14602 on: February 08, 2018, 12:51:02 AM »

Hey now! Some of us are openly racist!

Wait, I mean--!

etiolate

« Reply #14603 on: February 08, 2018, 12:52:27 AM »
we're only openly spreading here

Boredfrom

« Reply #14604 on: February 08, 2018, 01:01:36 AM »
I gotta say, I used to live in Turkey when Erdogan started coming to power. Progressives were able to see the danger and resisted, but moderates kept telling us that he wasn't as bad as we made him out to be and that we needed to make peace with his side. Just give him a chance to show he can do better. That he's not a fascist because he hadn't done anything expressly autocratic. Over the years he slowly kept turning the dial, and every time people made excuses for him. We got here because moderates were complacent.

I don't want to see that happen aga

Given that the US got Trump regardless of calling him out daily, I starting to feel that the problem is more complicated than “moderate darlings” not calling out.

I just don’t see how Irishninja is going to take out Trump by bitching about Gamergate and taking troll baits.

etiolate

« Reply #14605 on: February 08, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »
The US has systems to spread out power and check any sort of tyrant rise.

And if #theresistance wants to roll back executive power then I'm all for that. They just seem to be more interested in erasing the history of Trump ever getting elected than further refining power restrictions.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14606 on: February 08, 2018, 01:10:26 AM »

And if #theresistance wants to roll back executive power then I'm all for that. They just seem to be more interested in erasing the history of Trump ever getting elected than further refining power restrictions.

Trump is really pushing this restrictions (while some of his shady stuff getting ignored because his party is in power), so is not a unrealistic fear.

etiolate

« Reply #14607 on: February 08, 2018, 01:46:53 AM »
I think its mostly an unrealistic fear. However, I just hope everyone continues to watch for abuse of power in the future as it has recently been overlooked by many.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14608 on: February 08, 2018, 01:51:45 AM »
Irish Ninja is right though about fascism being evil and there being no point debating it.

Problem is though RE draws the line at not liking a Wu Tang album because they are dumb Americans

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #14609 on: February 08, 2018, 02:01:33 AM »
Also lmao @ people taking what Quincy Jones says at face value, dude is 85. They must have never talked to really old people cause they are crazy as hell.

agrajag

« Reply #14610 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:55 AM »
I think its mostly an unrealistic fear. However, I just hope everyone continues to watch for abuse of power in the future as it has recently been overlooked by many.

obama can't keep getting away with this  :maf

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14611 on: February 08, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »
Also lmao @ people taking what Quincy Jones says at face value, dude is 85. They must have never talked to really old people cause they are crazy as hell.

Shut your motherfucking mouth. After today, my worldview is built around that man. King of Kings.
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14612 on: February 08, 2018, 02:32:28 AM »

Leave us cucks alone.  We just want to live our lives out by not having children and watching our womens get railed by the superior race. 
sigh

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14613 on: February 08, 2018, 02:49:18 AM »

Richard Pryor's widow confirmed that her husband and Marlon Brando fucked tho so at least some of it's true

Hot Slice

« Reply #14614 on: February 08, 2018, 03:00:43 AM »
Not that I would ever accept the role, but do you think I’d make a decent mod? I was a janitor on 4chan, and janitors are not the same thing; there is little to no risk for “mod abuse” since janitors clean up trouble images and send reports to mods.

I think most forums could benefit from the addition of janitors to just mods and admins, but that is just me.

And yes, we are mad men that do it for free. We know.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14615 on: February 08, 2018, 03:08:46 AM »
Never thought I'd find myself wishing for the days when Stump, Opiate and fucking Besada were mods.

Are you forgetting someone, Ilsa?
serge

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #14616 on: February 08, 2018, 03:48:15 AM »

Richard Pryor's widow confirmed that her husband and Marlon Brando fucked tho so at least some of it's true

Sure, but that Brando was bi is well known so this isnt shocking

Quincy is jusy a typical old fart dialling truth up to 12 and making funny stories even funnier

Im talking about stuff like “bono made me stay in his castle cause Ireland is so racist”

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14617 on: February 08, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »
Ireland is in Europe, it checks out

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14618 on: February 08, 2018, 03:55:01 AM »
Not that I would ever accept the role, but do you think I’d make a decent mod? I was a janitor on 4chan, and janitors are not the same thing; there is little to no risk for “mod abuse” since janitors clean up trouble images and send reports to mods.

I think most forums could benefit from the addition of janitors to just mods and admins, but that is just me.

And yes, we are mad men that do it for free. We know.

Hypothetical tests:

Case 1: How long would you ban someone for comparing transgender people to filthy children in the woods eating raw meat?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2727461/

Case 2: Someone says that racists/transphobes should have their sad offensive ideas challenged, as opposed to just censured and forgotten, ban for how long?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4176633/

Hot Slice

« Reply #14619 on: February 08, 2018, 04:08:24 AM »
Answer to both is I wouldn’t get involved. I would mod for what I know, and back it up rule/policy-wise with something transparent and rigid. I know technology and videogames, and know forum rules relating to both which seem to be transparent enough to be able to justly enforce. That goes for any forum BTW.

That being said, mod does not equal ban, it means mod, to moderate a conversation. After all discussion is revenue, and activity means growth. Isn’t it for the best interest in the community to let “low-end” offenders be nurtured into quality members instead of laying down a hard mallet?

Then again, this is one of the many reasons I would never be a mod in any forum really. I could probably do it, but it’s not something I would like to do, or excell at.

I’d rather be a janitor.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:24:16 AM by Hot Slice »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14621 on: February 08, 2018, 04:27:28 AM »
Answer to both is I wouldn’t get involved. I would mod for what I know, and back it up rule/policy-wise with something transparent and rigid. I know technology and videogames, and know forum rules relating to both which seem to be transparent enough to be able to justly enforce. That goes for any forum BTW.

That being said, mod does not equal ban, it means mod, to moderate a conversation. After all discussion is revenue, and activity means growth. Isn’t it for the best interest in the community to let “low-end” offenders be nurtured into quality members instead of laying down a hard mallet?

Then again, this is one of the many reasons I would never be a mod in any forum really. I could probably do it, but it’s not something I would like to do, or excell at.

I’d rather be a janitor.

(Image removed from quote.)

That is a very long and insightful answer, which means it's wrong. The Restera moderation team never makes mistakes, and the sooner you learn that the better. As a member you owe Restera your unfettered lotalty

daemon

« Reply #14622 on: February 08, 2018, 05:03:25 AM »

we became voat.lite

voat became a hellspawn of nazi stuff, like the holocaust being a lie. Surprisingly, people called the mods out on it, and they removed the sticky instead of banning the users lol.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14623 on: February 08, 2018, 05:27:20 AM »

Trump is really pushing this restrictions (while some of his shady stuff getting ignored because his party is in power), so is not a unrealistic fear.

Executive power abuse has been a problem for quite some time. The jump in power from previous presidents to W and Obama is startling or should be. Trump is next in line. The problem with Trump is that he's not only inheriting obscene power, he is blatantly unqualified to be president and has ignored multiple norms that we thought were fabrics of American power or "how things work and don't work."

I see Trump as a trial run for whatever authoritarian shift the US could take in the near future. Imagine how much more dangerous Trump would be with W's personality, or Obama's intellect and charisma. We're seeing how you can create an American tyrant, but the underlining executive power that bankrolls that is something that predates Trump. The scarier thing is how he has gotten away with his behavior from the media and his own party. I know some will argue the media treats Trump bad, or their anti Trump hysteria is the reason for xyz. But ask yourself why mainstream US media continues to be invested in returning to some level of status quo. By which I mean, why Trump is constantly given the chance to be normal. He gives a TelePrompTer speech and suddenly he is presidential and normal again and everything is status quo; they shit on him but end of the day he is still president meaning he is given space and certain assumptions by our (corporate) media, and that cloak of being president allows him to retain normalcy no matter what. Surely an authoritarian would love that type of leash of credibility, initially at least...

The US basically needs a president who is willing to unilaterally disarm executive power. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. Nobody sets out to be Jimmy Carter.

« Reply #14624 on: February 08, 2018, 06:11:49 AM »
Irish Ninja is right though about fascism being evil and there being no point debating it.

Problem is though RE draws the line at not liking a Wu Tang album because they are dumb Americans

Fascism is bad

"Fascism is bad so we need to rule with an iron fist and make sure everyone is 'one of us' and drive out or exterminate everyone who isnt in lockstep with us" kinda implies not understanding why fascism is bad and only thinking it's bad when other people do it and actually thinking it's fucking awesome when your group does it whether it's because you're the master race or chosen by god or the one true justice of the world

daemon

« Reply #14625 on: February 08, 2018, 06:40:27 AM »

Fascism is bad

"Fascism is bad so we need to rule with an iron fist and make sure everyone is 'one of us' and drive out or exterminate everyone who isnt in lockstep with us" kinda implies not understanding why fascism is bad and only thinking it's bad when other people do it and actually thinking it's fucking awesome when your group does it whether it's because you're the master race or chosen by god or the one true justice of the world

fascism
"Fascism is a way of ruling that advocates total control of the people. Your parents' rule that you must be home by midnight might seem like fascism, but Europeans will tell you that it could be a lot worse."

The bolded is the REEEEEset way of interpreting fascism

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #14626 on: February 08, 2018, 06:54:20 AM »
I too would be pissed if i were a thirty year old and still lived with my parents.

paprikastaude

« Reply #14627 on: February 08, 2018, 08:01:21 AM »
I gotta say, I used to live in Turkey when Erdogan started coming to power. Progressives were able to see the danger and resisted, but moderates kept telling us that he wasn't as bad as we made him out to be and that we needed to make peace with his side. Just give him a chance to show he can do better. That he's not a fascist because he hadn't done anything expressly autocratic. Over the years he slowly kept turning the dial, and every time people made excuses for him. We got here because moderates were complacent.

I don't want to see that happen aga

Given that the US got Trump regardless of calling him out daily, I starting to feel that the problem is more complicated than “moderate darlings” not calling out.

I just don’t see how Irishninja is going to take out Trump by bitching about Gamergate and taking troll baits.

Bruh they are fighting fascism daily by supporting real social movements such as Black Panther and Ghostbusters.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14628 on: February 08, 2018, 08:07:31 AM »
Eh, to be fair, the moderation is stamping down here unlike late GAF.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4296771/

ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14629 on: February 08, 2018, 08:12:54 AM »

User warned: There is nothing funny about this story
User was warned for severe lack of empathy and insensitivity towards the victims of black lung disease
:whatisthis
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14630 on: February 08, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4297137/

He was 72 when Ivanka was 24. That's just gross. And he's bragging this?

:umad

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4297275/

Even if it were true, atleast The Beatles were musicians unlike most of today's so called artists who let computers do all the work for them.

:lol
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #14631 on: February 08, 2018, 08:24:16 AM »

Gaf allowing users to laugh at people with terminal lung cancer because  they were trump voters made a lasting impression on me regarding “social justice” advocates. Good that Reset stepped up.
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14632 on: February 08, 2018, 08:42:20 AM »

Restera moderation is all over the fucking map

Hunters-
Empathy not required

GOP congressmen-
Empathy not required

Miners-
Empathy required

Furries-
Empathy required

Pormstar who didn't want to get aids and was bullied into suicide-
Empathy not required

Male circumcision-
Empathy not required

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #14633 on: February 08, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
That's cause psychopaths don't have feelings of empathy. They are clearly going the trial and error route to pass off as normal.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:00:40 AM by Nabbis »

thetylerrob

« Reply #14634 on: February 08, 2018, 09:02:31 AM »
They’re not psychopaths they’re just smug idiots that lack self awareness.

paprikastaude

« Reply #14635 on: February 08, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
They’re not psychopaths they’re just smug idiots that lack self awareness.

I dunno, I look at that "we need to civil discussions on sensitive topics" thread (or whatever it was called a couple of weeks back) and see several people acting like borderline-cultists. :doge

SG-17

« Reply #14636 on: February 08, 2018, 09:52:58 AM »
It's a giant mishmash of mental illness, a complete laack of self-awareness, and fully self-aware trolls deliberately posting ridiculous "Social Studies Warrior" stuff to see if anyone takes it seriously (which many do).

And also people who bunker down in OTs.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #14637 on: February 08, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »
I'm curious to know what an average RE "progressive" identitarian's day is like when they're not online raging against the crypto-fascists, gators, and nazis that are around every corner.

Do they carry this attitude in their every day life? Or are they just passive-aggressive little shits that make vague remarks to people who have no clue what they are talking about?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14638 on: February 08, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
A lot of muslims in that thread (me included) defend the right of women to choose niqab/burqa or whatever cloth they feel like wearing actually, even without believing it's actually part of the religion. So stop using us to make an argument to support a racist and sexist policy.

Fuck this cunt.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14639 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:42 AM »
I'd love to know how many on RE support burqas but had a problem with Grid girls.