Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174735 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14940 on: February 09, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
Why does anyone even care what Brianna Wu has to say? The only game she made is utter shit and her political views are bordering on insanity (moon bombs, anyone?)

Fuck gamergate for giving her some kind of credibility by harsssing her.

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14941 on: February 09, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »
This is also why sjws are not at all like hippies.

They loathe the moral freedom/liberation aspect of that time.

What I find very interesting is that many in that thread (and it seems a pattern beyond that thread) realize that Bushnell is being wronged, but the conditioning of their environment leads them to expressing sympathy not for Nolan but through the women who are defending Nolan and not being heard.

Nolan is wronged, but he's a fucking white male, so the sympathy must go to the nearest minority. It's a weird playout of progressivism when progressive attacks are in the wrong. They sense that what is going on is wrong, but also sense that recognizing it is wrong is immoral to their tribe.

SG-17

« Reply #14942 on: February 09, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »
Wu  just wants to be in the headlines again. It'll  be another self-serving stunt in a few months. Complete attention whore.

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

etiolate

« Reply #14944 on: February 09, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »
Dude, I am not upset that the thread is correcting the story. I even posted that they linked KiA.

I am observing the behavior pattern. You are observing it but you don't seem to understand it.

Look at what you quoted:

I'm mad that people are trying to tear down Bushnell's good name but I'm actually more angry at the treatment of Atari's women employees whose words and experiences are completely ignored because they do not fit the narrative.

The question being why are people more mad for the women?

etiolate

« Reply #14945 on: February 09, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »
I claimed that the conditioning of their environment is making them redirect sympathy towards the women rather than the target of Wu's attack. That quote is displaying exactly that.

Don't be surprised if we quickly go from "Bushnell unfairly attacked" to "Wu silences women."

etiolate

« Reply #14946 on: February 09, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »
I'll be blunt: you don't fucking get it so shut up until you do.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14947 on: February 09, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
So Nolan gets no award because of sexual harassment that didn't take place.  :doge

How dumb are the feminists. Just target Andrew Wilson or Bobby Kotick with some shit and everyone will join you in stoning them.  :lol
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14948 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »
Stop getting baited by Breadcrumb Jesus.

etiolate

« Reply #14949 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:53 PM »

There's nothing difficult to "get";  I understand your claim, I am pointing out how much you are exaggerating.

They are conditioned to care more about the women involved than the accused;  that is an accurate portrayal of the situation.. your portrayal comes from your ironic "reeeing" ass.  They outright said it makes them mad; not "fucking white male."

Do you understand what this says?

Why care more about the women defending him than the him being attacked? Why is sympathy being rerouted towards them? It's an interesting behavior.

You've spent way too much energy defending that forum and spent too much anger having that blow up in your face, so you're trying to save yourself here. It's not about that. Drop that whole emotional investment. Look at the behavior and try to see the pattern.

FStop7

« Reply #14950 on: February 09, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Quote from: Thug1
Besada and Bishoptl banned more people than pretty much the entire rest of the mod team combined, (just besada when I kicked out bish), out of the ~50 mods we had. I took all that into account when I redesigned the structure here after the whole crash. The wrong personality types were empowered by that system.

:gun

From the owner himself. Besada killed NeoGAF.

Besada banned all the old members of GAF so he alone could bask in the worship from the people once all the old guard had been sent to the gulags.

EviLore is a damn fool though. People kept warning this was happening but he knew better......

He's full of shit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14951 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/NeoGAF/status/961826093157072897

Wow if true

"Founder/CEO NeoGAF, Business consultant, BJJ Blue, Muay Thai novice, SCCA qualified race driver, Kilimanjaro Summitted, Photographer, Writer, Cryptomonger, Nerd"
:neogaf
ど助平

etiolate

« Reply #14952 on: February 09, 2018, 04:02:01 PM »
He fashions himself a Renaissance man. So he tied his image to a renaissance of his time. That movement then tore him the fuck up.

Now he's looking for a movement job opening.

etiolate

« Reply #14953 on: February 09, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »

Of course I do; this shit isn't complicated.. why would I not understand such a simple concept?

But continue to ignore what I pointed out; that you invented a narrative that wasn't there so you could keep up your little charade.

"Fucking white male!" does not remotely fit the posts you are critiquing.  It implies you are claiming they had no sympathy for the guy;  when clearly they expressed sympathy for the guy.   Address that or fuck off.

LOL "save myself"; you are too fucking much.

Okay then explain what it's saying. Also, explain what I was saying.

Nola

« Reply #14954 on: February 09, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »

Of course I do; this shit isn't complicated.. why would I not understand such a simple concept?

But continue to ignore what I pointed out; that you invented a narrative that wasn't there so you could keep up your little charade.

"Fucking white male!" does not remotely fit the posts you are critiquing.  It implies you are claiming they had no sympathy for the guy;  when clearly they expressed sympathy for the guy.   Address that or fuck off.

LOL "save face"; you are too fucking much.

Etiolate did that? No, he has/would never!! Take that L with some dignity and go home. Before he starts demanding you answer an endless cycle of questions.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14955 on: February 09, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »
How dumb are the feminists. Just target Andrew Wilson or Bobby Kotick with some shit and everyone will join you in stoning them:lol

Not me. Bobby Kotick could be blinding newborn puppies with bleach for all I care. Sometimes someone's responsibilities put them above reproach for any personal failings, and as a board member for The Coca-Cola Company™, he deserves respect.

etiolate

« Reply #14956 on: February 09, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »
You have yet to explain what is fully being said there or what I am saying.

Nola

« Reply #14957 on: February 09, 2018, 04:08:47 PM »
Oops, too late, you're done. The questions are out like dicks for Harambe. Might as well take yourself to the hall of shame with Mandark and reflect on what you have learned from walking into these L's.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14958 on: February 09, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
#ImWithNolan

🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14959 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
I like that Bobby Kotick dropped Tim Schafer because that dude can't handle money. The Double Fine kickstarters kinda vindicated Kotick for me.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #14960 on: February 09, 2018, 04:11:06 PM »

Wow if true

"Founder/CEO NeoGAF, Business consultant, BJJ Blue, Muay Thai novice, SCCA qualified race driver, Kilimanjaro Summitted, Photographer, Writer, Cryptomonger, Nerd"
I wonder what coins Tyler is holding.  :thinking
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:17:41 PM by Atramental »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14961 on: February 09, 2018, 04:12:54 PM »

Wow if true

I wonder what coin’s Tyler is holding.  :thinking

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-blockchain-and-you-navigating-the-future-of-tech-a-neogaf-discussion-thread.1460682/

Neogaf ICO coming soon???

etiolate

« Reply #14962 on: February 09, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
You have yet to explain what is fully being said there or what I am saying.

Jesus you are pathetic.   How much of your life revolves around this thread and how your posts make you feel?

Honest question; maybe you have a full life and this is just some outlet for you.. but the fact you can't even just go "Yeah you are right I said no sympathy when they showed sympathy" is pretty sad lol.

This isn't about you and this isn't about me.

It's about noticing a behavior pattern and contemplating it.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14964 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
beakcoin

Himu

« Reply #14965 on: February 09, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
Does Evi still train jits?

*sigh* :heart
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #14966 on: February 09, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
certified beak driver, cryptobeaker and MMA beak belt

Himu

« Reply #14967 on: February 09, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
Only a blue belt would brag about having a blue belt btw. I see youuuuu. Get that purp. :punch
IYKYK

jorma

« Reply #14968 on: February 09, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »

There's nothing difficult to "get";  I understand your claim, I am pointing out how much you are exaggerating.

They are conditioned to care more about the women involved than the accused;  that is an accurate portrayal of the situation.. your portrayal comes from your ironic "reeeing" ass.  They outright said it makes them mad; not "fucking white male."

Why care more about the women defending him than the him being attacked? Why is sympathy being rerouted towards them? It's an interesting behavior.

You've spent way too much energy defending that forum and spent too much anger having that blow up in your face, so you're trying to save yourself here. It's not about that. Drop that whole emotional investment. Look at the behavior and try to see the pattern.

I just think the people who expresses sympathy with the silenced women are quietly sniping at "the usual suspects" because they "always believe women". It's basically just resetera meta commentary imo.
And the usual suspects are notoriously absent from that thread, probably because they weren't quick enough to get their profound "fuck this guy" comments in before the narrative changed (by post 25) so they instead ignored it completely.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #14969 on: February 09, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14970 on: February 09, 2018, 04:31:32 PM »
etiolate is prettier
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14971 on: February 09, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »
Definitely beakier.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14972 on: February 09, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »
etiolate is prettier
Gonna need pics before I cast a vote
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #14973 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:49 PM »

I just think the people who expresses sympathy with the silenced women are quietly sniping at "the usual suspects" because they "always believe women". It's basically just resetera meta commentary imo.
And the usual suspects are notoriously absent from that thread, probably because they weren't quick enough to get their profound "fuck this guy" comments in before the narrative changed (by post 25) so they instead ignored it completely.

Brianna Wu induced drama tends to try to be ignored by Resetera (and Gaf pre meltdown). Wu burned a lot of bridges.

etiolate

« Reply #14974 on: February 09, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »

It could be sniping. It could, in a similar nature, be using "don't silence women" to silence the usual suspects.

However, if there's genuine emotional sentiment then it's a weird sympathy rerouting.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14975 on: February 09, 2018, 04:41:30 PM »
Why does anyone even care what Brianna Wu has to say? The only game she made is utter shit and her political views are bordering on insanity (moon bombs, anyone?)

Fuck gamergate for giving her some kind of credibility by harsssing her.

Being fair, Wu already had a ton of conections to various important people pre gamergate shitshow. The fact that she was still able to smear someone after her continuous meltdowns should tell you she will continue this BS regardless of attention or not.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14976 on: February 09, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
Guys guys

Showercoin(tm)
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14977 on: February 09, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
creepcoin

nudemacusers

« Reply #14978 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »
Mt AmiGox :lawd
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #14979 on: February 09, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
creeptocurrency

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14980 on: February 09, 2018, 04:49:34 PM »
The only thing I know about Brianna Wu is that she's a cis-woman* and used to be a game developer or something.

Oh and she's running for congress.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14981 on: February 09, 2018, 04:54:58 PM »
Try to reason with hansel brehs.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ICU stufte
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #14982 on: February 09, 2018, 04:56:15 PM »
Lol Hansel is totes a troll gg falling into that hole
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14983 on: February 09, 2018, 04:56:18 PM »
Try to reason with hansel brehs.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ICU stufte
[close]

:lol

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #14984 on: February 09, 2018, 04:58:07 PM »
Casting my vote for Showercoin

Himu

« Reply #14985 on: February 09, 2018, 04:58:27 PM »
hansel owns
IYKYK

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #14986 on: February 09, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
Does Evi still train jits?

(Image removed from quote.)

*sigh* :heart

He got his blue aaaages ago, so I doubt he’s kept up with his training, or he’d be boasting about a purple belt by now.
MMA

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14987 on: February 09, 2018, 05:00:22 PM »
Brianna Wu is a crazy delusional proven liar.  Her* claims about anything are suspect.

No apostrophe for 'her', just 'cis'.

Bore Expert

« Reply #14988 on: February 09, 2018, 05:08:50 PM »
Bobby talking shit about reee on Twitter

:lucas

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14989 on: February 09, 2018, 05:11:15 PM »

:noooo
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #14992 on: February 09, 2018, 05:22:37 PM »

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

I have a feeling [REDACTED] is constantly running into assholes.  :bobby

Tasty

« Reply #14993 on: February 09, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »

All I see him doing is talking shit on the Star Wars subreddit for downvoting his Very Important Pop Culture Think Pieces™, which is probably the most bobberts thing ever tbh lol.

Tasty

« Reply #14994 on: February 09, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

I have a feeling [REDACTED] is constantly running into assholes.  :bobby

My tongue's constantly running into assholes :mouf

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14995 on: February 09, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »
bobberts is on reddit? time to unsub from the star wars sub i guess

nudemacusers

« Reply #14996 on: February 09, 2018, 05:33:27 PM »
I told you warnings cut deeper than bans 😪
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

« Reply #14997 on: February 09, 2018, 05:34:08 PM »
bobberts is on reddit? time to unsub from the star wars sub i guess

Don't worry, the Nazis in charge of it won't let you see his articles anyways.

etiolate

« Reply #14998 on: February 09, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »
Wu must be really confused by this. She lied about harassment in the past and it was no problem. Now you suddenly have to come up with evidence of your claims? Truly living in a Handmaiden's Tale.

Wu for Congress 2018. This message is approved of by Triumph.

Himu

« Reply #14999 on: February 09, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »
Sphagnum check pm’s
IYKYK