Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2192309 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15480 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »
Note: Benji died on the way home to his planet

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15481 on: February 12, 2018, 05:48:20 PM »
holy shit with the subject above I was feeling nostalgic and I accidentally just doxxed agrajag
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #15482 on: February 12, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
you monster

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15483 on: February 12, 2018, 05:50:32 PM »
Man GAF is so dead. you have to go several pages in on Resetera gaming side to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for an hour (over 100 threads).. at GAF not even the top 10 threads have been posted in the last hour.  It's even worse on the off topic side... and communities?  Holy shit.. the #3 thread hasn't been posted in since Friday.

Is it really "reviving" in any way like EviLore says or is he just that full of shit?

NeoGAF is the most successful traditional message board ever, at least in the English language. Just give it a few decades and it'll be bigger than it ever was.

agrajag

« Reply #15484 on: February 12, 2018, 05:51:26 PM »
Maybe things will pick up once Zoe Quinn accepts his invitation. But I'll understand if she doesn't.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15485 on: February 12, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
Man GAF is so dead. you have to go several pages in on Resetera gaming side to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for an hour (over 100 threads).. at GAF not even the top 10 threads have been posted in the last hour.  It's even worse on the off topic side... and communities?  Holy shit.. the #3 thread hasn't been posted in since Friday.

Is it really "reviving" in any way like EviLore says or is he just that full of shit?

NeoGAF is the most successful traditional message board ever, at least in the English language. Just give it a few decades and it'll be bigger than it ever was.

Similarly the Simpsons is the longest running US TV show, at least in the English language, and look at where they are now!
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15486 on: February 12, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
holy shit with the subject above I was feeling nostalgic and I accidentally just doxxed agrajag

That's not doxxing. You're more like a private detective that investigates random people for free.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15487 on: February 12, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »

That's not doxxing. You're more like a private detective that investigates random people for free.

Also he valiantly battles besada at the end of the thread there, years before he became a mod, it is pretty le epic (that is how people spoke at the time).  One could even view it as a formative moment that led to the growth of the tyrant we came to know later.
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15488 on: February 12, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »

Also he valiantly battles besada at the end of the thread there, years before he became a mod, it is pretty le epic (that is how people spoke at the time).  One could even view it as a formative moment that led to the growth of the tyrant we came to know later.
All the signs were there
Edit: I've only ever been mugged by white people. Just throwing that out there.

Me and some dudes started DudeBro
Besada triggered the second Leninist revolution

It all happen on NeoGAF.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15489 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:05 PM »
Crushed trying to stem the tide in there. You tried, man, you tried. :goty2

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15490 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-giveaways-free-stuff-rewarding-top-contributors-and-new-avenues-for-indie-game-exposure.1460970/#post-253183962

Quote from: EviLore
Indies

NeoGAF has always had a special relationship with indie game devs, and we want to strengthen that bond, provide better visibility to upcoming promising indie games since mainstream press sucks for that, and we want to do it ethically (i.e. indie devs won't be paying us for the "privilege" of being highlighted this way; we'll curate the selections and have minimum key distributions to the community, but that should be all) and without undermining our firmly independent and neutral position here with NeoGAF.

Through organic word of mouth on NeoGAF, some of the biggest indie game successes in history have resulted. From DayZ going viral, to Bastion, and Rocket League, Indies have cited NeoGAF exposure as significant for taking off as they did. Numerous Kickstarter successes have cited inbound organic traffic from NeoGAF as disproportionately significant to their fundraising outcomes. NeoGAF obviously cares about good indie games, not just AAA blockbusters. It's tough out there being an indie dev, but gamers want to know about the good stuff too and it's arguably increasingly difficult to find. Let's help fix that right here on NeoGAF, where some of the biggest indie successes have made it purely through word of mouth on our...also indie, for life...humble little video game message board here.

This is almost sad to watch.

agrajag

« Reply #15491 on: February 12, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »

Wow he's had it out for me years before his meteoric ascent to power (and disgraced fall from power)

Also, seeing besada's name crossed out with the caption "banned" 
:delicious

« Reply #15492 on: February 12, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »
If you must talk about GG -- which you are allowed to here, mind you, with the same basic guidelines about civility and respect and all that as we have board-wide

I dont know which is more hilarious, the fact that he really is trying to appeal to that crowd now or that he's acting like he didnt dox people and throw them to the hounds just for asking why they couldnt talk about it back in the day

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #15493 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:56 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/czech-anti-roma-ad-calls-for-final-solution-to-gypsy-question.362598/page-10#post-15982949

You seem to be incapable of perceiving this point, or more likely, are simply a troll intentionally trying to stir up shit, which should be grounds for a ban.

In retrospect, all the signs were there from the very beginning. We should have seen it coming, the monster.

You think he's still creeping in this thread? HI BESADA!  I bet this makes you feel angry yet relieved to feel a touch of relevance again. Sign in to your account and tell me if I'm wrong.

agrajag

« Reply #15494 on: February 12, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
He was backseat modding before becoming a mod  :lol

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #15495 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »
No mention yet about the OT for Kingdom Come?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-ot-bohemian-rhapsody.22692/

Quote from: Mod Edit
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them. ​

There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

When your Game OT needs ground rules and posting policies.

:kobeyuck

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15496 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:30 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-giveaways-free-stuff-rewarding-top-contributors-and-new-avenues-for-indie-game-exposure.1460970/#post-253183962

Indies

NeoGAF has always had a special relationship with indie game devs, and we want to strengthen that bond, provide better visibility to upcoming promising indie games since mainstream press sucks for that, and we want to do it ethically (i.e. indie devs won't be paying us for the "privilege" of being highlighted this way; we'll curate the selections and have minimum key distributions to the community, but that should be all) and without undermining our firmly independent and neutral position here with NeoGAF.

Through organic word of mouth on NeoGAF, some of the biggest indie game successes in history have resulted. From DayZ going viral, to Bastion, and Rocket League, Indies have cited NeoGAF exposure as significant for taking off as they did. Numerous Kickstarter successes have cited inbound organic traffic from NeoGAF as disproportionately significant to their fundraising outcomes. NeoGAF obviously cares about good indie games, not just AAA blockbusters. It's tough out there being an indie dev, but gamers want to know about the good stuff too and it's arguably increasingly difficult to find. Let's help fix that right here on NeoGAF, where some of the biggest indie successes have made it purely through word of mouth on our...also indie, for life...humble little video game message board here.

::) :lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #15497 on: February 12, 2018, 07:26:51 PM »
The wrasslin thread, most active community thread on RE, on Neogaf was made in November and hasn't been posted in 2 weeks.
Every cloud has a silver lining  :hyper
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #15498 on: February 12, 2018, 07:28:16 PM »
I'd feel bad for Thug1 if he wasn't such a massive fucking tool.

In other news, I signed up to Resetera.

And I reported a bad post.

And that user got a warning.

My GOD, the rush, it's just so....enlivening. It really made my day.

I can get used to this power.
:O

nudemacusers

« Reply #15499 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #15500 on: February 12, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »

You monster.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15501 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »

:clap :delicious

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15502 on: February 12, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »
My brain keeps oscillating between wanting to buy kingdom come deliverance and thinking it's the most boring nerd crap to ever exist.

« Reply #15503 on: February 12, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
No mention yet about the OT for Kingdom Come?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-ot-bohemian-rhapsody.22692/

Quote from: Mod Edit
We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them. ​

There is room to discuss the game as a cultural artifact with nuance and in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

When your Game OT needs ground rules and posting policies.

:kobeyuck

They could have saved a lot of words and just said "Fuck off IrishNinja", even ree knows he's lost it

Bore Expert

« Reply #15504 on: February 12, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

Pay the $40 fee and you’ll be bullet proof. Only then will you know the power of Ree.

:money :wow

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15505 on: February 12, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
My brain keeps oscillating between wanting to buy kingdom come deliverance and thinking it's the most boring nerd crap to ever exist.

This video is a pretty good overview of what it's about, for :aah or  :boring

I like that it looks like Skyrim/Witcher but super down to earth.  A lot of games don't even try for historical accuracy.  Some cool details.

Also dat foliage  :rejoice
Uncle

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15506 on: February 12, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »

It's even better when you're the one doing the banning!
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #15507 on: February 12, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »

Pay the $40 fee and you’ll be bullet proof. Only then will you know the power of Ree.

If I wanted to feel powerful for $40 I’d go to an Asian tugjob massage joint.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15508 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4451912/

Hansel banned the day before cream returns?  Hmmmm.

And lionpride must've done something
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:28:42 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Dennis

« Reply #15509 on: February 12, 2018, 08:31:21 PM »

Indies

This is all well and good but have EviLore personally apologized to Dennis for letting Besada ban him?

This is what we need to heal this rift.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15510 on: February 12, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »
This is all well and good but have EviLore personally apologized to Dennis for letting Besada ban him?

You have to show that you are truly contrite.

Have unprotected sex with a herpes carrier to prove that you a willing to compromise on your previous positions.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15511 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40:31 PM »
But you get to eat historically accurate carrots and look at historically accurate trees? When did the modern gamer get so tough to satisfy

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #15512 on: February 12, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

Indies

Go back to resetera. You have betrayed us.
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15513 on: February 12, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
Kingdom Come literally looks like the most boring video game ever made. What kind of fucking loser would want to play that?

It's not the gameplay that looks good.  Is the fact the developers purposefully set it in a setting and time with no minorities.  It's basically a utopian racist simulator. 

Joy!
sigh

Dennis

« Reply #15514 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »

Indies

What is your ResetERA account name?

Yeah, that is right, don't front.

TVC15

« Reply #15515 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »

Indies

What is your ResetERA account name?

Yeah, that is right, don't front.

I keep my shame hidden and I don’t neglect my home forum. You were much more active before Resetera came around. It feels like you’ve abandoned us. I only complain because I miss you.
serge

Bore Expert

« Reply #15516 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:48 PM »

If I wanted to feel powerful for $40 I’d go to an Asian tugjob massage joint.

Sounds kinky. I’ll stick with the tried and true Cleveland Steamer followed by an old fashioned Lombardi Slap.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #15517 on: February 12, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
I'm not complaining
 :wow
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15518 on: February 12, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »
Do you think... love can blossom on the forum?
每天生气

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15519 on: February 12, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

With great power comes great responsibility

*sees someone make fun of Richard Marx*

Oh you lil' bitch

*reports*
:9

Averon

« Reply #15520 on: February 12, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »

Indies

The ad revenue must be in the gutter for him to resort to this. For his sake I hope he saved up a nice nest egg. Maybe use that money to go back to school to get a degree so you can be employable. Though, who would hire him give the shower incident and his airing his European adventures?

TVC15

« Reply #15521 on: February 12, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »
Wait, Dennis, I take back what I said. I have no place to complain. I disappear for months or years at a time from here, so I was a bitch to say anything about you.

To make it up to you, have an uplifting news story:

Man Raped High School Student as She Was Dying From Overdose and Texted Explicit Pictures of Her to Friends, Police Say
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-raped-high-school-student-163327189.html
serge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15522 on: February 12, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »
Do you think... love can blossom on the forum?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15523 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:21 PM »
But you get to eat historically accurate carrots and look at historically accurate trees? When did the modern gamer get so tough to satisfy
Mostly I mean no fucking dragons or even giant rats.  It's sad when what might've once been exciting fantasy is rote and predictable like that, to where a boring game seems like a possible breath of fresh air.
Uncle

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15524 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
Wait, Dennis, I take back what I said. I have no place to complain. I disappear for months or years at a time from here, so I was a bitch to say anything about you.

Man Raped High School Student as She Was Dying From Overdose and Texted Explicit Pictures of Her to Friends, Police Say

The next day, Valera went to work a shift at Dairy Queen.

Time to make the doughnuts 
:9

Dennis

« Reply #15525 on: February 12, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »

I was going to ask how you found that news story but then I realized I don't want to know.

TVC15

« Reply #15526 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »

I was going to ask how you found that news story but then I realized I don't want to know.

The same place I found this one.

New Details About The Missing 5-Year-Old Girl Who Was Found Under A Trailer After A 14-Year-Old Boy Sexually Assaulted And Abandoned Her
https://www.yourtango.com/2018310658/new-details-missing-5-year-old-texas-girl-found-under-trailer-sexual-assault-14-year-old

Anyway, I’m sorry for my previous rude comment. I do believe we need to be nicer to each other around here and I just completely ignored my own principle, probably because I really want the dude in your profile pic to pop my dookie bubble and I’m frustrated about it.
serge

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #15527 on: February 12, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »

Now I miss Gaborn.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15528 on: February 12, 2018, 09:05:06 PM »
"Man Raped High School Student as She Was Dying From Overdose and Texted Explicit Pictures of Her to Friends, Police Say"

"Man raped high-school student"? The guy is 19 and she was 18. Since when are 19 year-olds men?

Dennis

« Reply #15529 on: February 12, 2018, 09:05:32 PM »
Luckily I am not a native English speaker and therefore have no idea what a dookie bubble is.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15530 on: February 12, 2018, 09:07:06 PM »
dookie bubble
1. A large hunk of excrement so thick and hard that it cannot be passed through the anus during defecation. It usually takes on the size of a small baseball or a child's fist.

2. A server case of fecal impaction usually found in illegal drug users who do crack cocaine and crystal meth.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #15531 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:18 PM »
And now this thread has literally gone to shit
WDW

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #15532 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:30 PM »
Luckily I am not a native English speaker and therefore have no idea what a dookie bubble is.
I knew you didn't really  belong here.
que

TVC15

« Reply #15533 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »
http://www.houstonpress.com/music/whitneys-dookie-bubble-6548991

In the second episode of Being Bobby Brown, the troubled singer's much-talked-about reality show that recently premiered on Bravo, Brown is in a hotel bathroom, sitting on the toilet -- just sitting -- as his wife, Whitney Houston, has her makeup applied. When Houston tells her boo that he should consider getting his colon checked -- she goes on these insane, internal-cleaning rants for most of this episode -- Brown checks her by exposing a deep, dark secret.

"I've seen worse," he says. "I've had to dig a dookie bubble out of your butt."

"All right, he's trippin'!" a visibly shocked Houston tells the camera.

He reminisces that once when "her turd was too big" for her to excrete, he had to pull it out with his fingers his damn self. Houston, officially embarrassed, raises her arms up around Brown and starts yelling, "Defense! Defense!"

"That's love," the makeup lady tells her.

Houston -- eventually -- concurs. "My sisters were going, 'That's love! That's love! That's love -- black love!' "
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15534 on: February 12, 2018, 09:18:48 PM »
"Our top referrals are people laughing at us."

Wonder how true that was for GAF. Essentially no new outside traffic, just mockery.
https://www.similarweb.com/website/neogaf.com#referrals

blackhole.neogaf.com

:thinking

nudemacusers

« Reply #15535 on: February 12, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »
Classic reality tv ep

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15537 on: February 12, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
Why are gay inside-jokes always about human poop? I wish I understood the connection..

TVC15

« Reply #15538 on: February 12, 2018, 09:29:12 PM »
Why are gay inside-jokes always about human poop? I wish I understood the connection..

What’s gay about Whitney and Bobby? They were made for each other.
serge

thisismyusername

« Reply #15539 on: February 12, 2018, 09:36:02 PM »

Indies

Did Rocket League blow-up because of GAF? I remember them giving that shit out for free on PSN, to Steam controller beta-testers (me), and like everyone.