Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174330 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15540 on: February 12, 2018, 09:38:02 PM »
The gays are always developing new on-point slang words for different poop-related stuff. Can't they just be ashamed of our disgusting digestive system like god intended?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15541 on: February 12, 2018, 09:39:32 PM »
Dookie bubble is on Bobby and Whitney. The blacks are the minority you should be blaming here, if any.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15542 on: February 12, 2018, 09:39:37 PM »
My brain keeps oscillating between wanting to buy kingdom come deliverance and thinking it's the most boring nerd crap to ever exist.

It's only popular because the director was an Edgelord. 4chan is buying it in droves because of that shit alone.

I seriously don't get how it's on Steam's top-sellers list. I guess the Steam buyer numbers aren't as high as I thought they were.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #15543 on: February 12, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
How do people talk about race and sexuality all day? I swear, the only time I think of these topics is when I'm on the internet.

thisismyusername

« Reply #15544 on: February 12, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
Since when are 19 year-olds men?

Since 18 is the age of majority.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15545 on: February 12, 2018, 09:50:23 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15546 on: February 12, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »
Since when are 19 year-olds men?

Since 18 is the age of majority.

I don't know man. It reminds me of how cops will refer to 15-16 year old black kids as "black men" because "black man shot" sounds better than "black teen shot" in a news headline.

TwEE-N-Toast

« Reply #15547 on: February 12, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
i forget, what was fernando rocker clipped for on gaf? i remember some weird alt account and an imaginary fiance (secretly him)?

I'm pretty sure Evilore heroically doxxed and banned him and a few other dudes when they messaged him the good word on GG. He posted their names and emails if I'm not mistaken.

Rman

« Reply #15548 on: February 12, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
Fernando Rocker got banned because he wanted to talk about GG, which GAF was not allowing at the time.  EL then posted their personal emails as proof that he was not going to entertain the 5 guys hearsay that started GG.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #15549 on: February 12, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
You think LionPride will show up here now that's he's banned?
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15550 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
The last day or so of this thread is pretty normal, i'm proud of you all

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15551 on: February 12, 2018, 10:37:23 PM »
In the immortal words of Mr. Nobody
Come bring your little bitch ass in here nicca :bolo
每天生气

Rman

« Reply #15552 on: February 12, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
Is ERA growing in active users? It's basically old GAF. Same old posters, avatars, nicknames, thread starters.  But I don't see it growing much, unless people are signing up and lurking and guess as long as you have the same posting crew, it shouldn't matter since revenue is tied to page views

Dennis

« Reply #15553 on: February 12, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »
Is ERA growing in active users? It's basically old GAF. Same old posters, avatars, nicknames, thread starters.  But I don't see it growing much, unless people are signing up and lurking and guess as long as you have the same posting crew, it shouldn't matter since revenue is tied to page views

It is a gaming forum. It is all dinosaurs.

nudemacusers

« Reply #15554 on: February 12, 2018, 10:49:55 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15555 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »
That guys cheeks are so sunken that I bet they touch on the inside of his mouth.

Tasty

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15557 on: February 12, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »
"Since when did Leia have the force"

-angry nerd, year unknown

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15559 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:24 PM »
When are demi/joe finally gonna put ads on the site so we can all start making some bank?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #15560 on: February 13, 2018, 12:00:26 AM »
God, I remember when I worked at a gas station ages and ages ago. There was only 1 guy who smoked Kents, and he was this really old rich dude.
I felt bad for the brand, so I gave a bunch to the kids I went to high school with and got a bunch of them hooked on them. Gave away like a whole carton. Managed to hide it over the course of a month by swapping them on the inventory so it looked like Snickers were constantly being stolen instead.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:06:39 AM by samfish »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #15561 on: February 13, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »
edit: wait, hold on. Top of the page. This is the only way this summoning is gonna work.

this worked the last time.

*ahem*

Hey LionPride, now that you're banned from REEEEtardERA, why don't you tell us how you really feel about the site? Come on back to us, little buddy.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #15562 on: February 13, 2018, 12:12:10 AM »
lol, this was Lionpride's ban

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4469274/

"nicca"
sigh

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #15563 on: February 13, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »
 :neogaf

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #15564 on: February 13, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »
Kingdom Come literally looks like the most boring video game ever made. What kind of fucking loser would want to play that?

Another one of those games where the "controversy" is more exciting than it's gameplay.

Bore Expert

thisismyusername

« Reply #15566 on: February 13, 2018, 12:35:34 AM »
Hey LionPride, now that you're banned from REEEEtardERA, why don't you tell us how you really feel about the site? Come on back to us, little buddy.

Plz no.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #15567 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45:15 AM »
edit: wait, hold on. Top of the page. This is the only way this summoning is gonna work.

this worked the last time.

*ahem*

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING MOD ONLY TEXT COLORS

FUME5

« Reply #15568 on: February 13, 2018, 01:26:23 AM »
Green represents my disdain.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #15569 on: February 13, 2018, 01:48:36 AM »
lol, this was Lionpride's ban
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4469274/
"nicca"

Why wouldnt someone take time out of their day to post on an internet message board about the cruelty of using a food allergy as a weapon in a movie about animated fictional rabbits! Someone has to defend little whiny allergy-ridden neckbeard woke basement dwellers.

thetylerrob

« Reply #15570 on: February 13, 2018, 02:17:29 AM »
"Low-effort drive-by posting"

Lionpride

clothedmacuser

« Reply #15571 on: February 13, 2018, 02:53:36 AM »
User Warned: Low effort post + Trolling - Do not purposefully try to offend other members

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4471652/
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15572 on: February 13, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
User Warned: Low effort post + Trolling - Do not purposefully try to offend other members

Art is supposed to be provocative, dumbass.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15573 on: February 13, 2018, 03:39:32 AM »
Luckily I am not a native English speaker and therefore have no idea what a dookie bubble is.
I knew you didn't really  belong here.

What, you wanna build the wall here too?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15574 on: February 13, 2018, 04:03:14 AM »
To me institutional racism is what matters. The real white privilege is the mortgage interest deduction.
每天生气

Tektonic

• OG Cracker

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15576 on: February 13, 2018, 04:44:42 AM »
This is what happens when you enshrine offense as a virtue.

TVC15

« Reply #15577 on: February 13, 2018, 04:50:08 AM »
I saw Ricky Gervais live last month, and I guess he made a crack about a food allergy story on Twitter, and the wah-way brigade came after him and he proceeded to bait them into making ridiculous non-sequitors. Libs being anti-free speech really has to go away. There’s an embarrassing amount of Puritanism in the left at this point, and I’m not publicly aligning myself with the left/Democrats/lolbrels until things make sense again. If we can’t make fun of people with fucking peanut allergies, who can we make fun of?

The prominence of identity politics has made everyone seek to find a way they are a victim. This has created a truly pathetic world.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15578 on: February 13, 2018, 04:53:17 AM »
you're free to doxx, harass and otherwise make life unpleasant for anyone who doesn't vote democrat and or has a 1% difference in world views.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #15579 on: February 13, 2018, 04:54:44 AM »
The line between bear traps in bed-- clearly an example of Home Alone/Tom and Jerry-style cartoon violence-- and weaponizing a food allergy-- a real-life, possibly fatal, danger that actual children have used against each other-- is clear. People downplaying this issue henceforth will be subject to moderator action.

lmfao

OMG it's real.

This might be the most distinguished mentally-challenged thing that I've read from that forum and the standard is already pretty fucking high. Maybe I'm forgetting something worse but it's definitely in the top three. We need to start making lists.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15580 on: February 13, 2018, 04:56:44 AM »
We need to start making lists.
I already have you on my list buddy  :ufup

Optimus

« Reply #15581 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:48 AM »
We need to start making lists.
I already have you on my list buddy  :ufup

As the cutest?  :teehee :heartbeat

TVC15

« Reply #15582 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:56 AM »
But I mean, for real, when Andre the Giant asked if anybody wanted a peanut in The Princess Bride, I had a serious triggered seizure. 
serge

etiolate

« Reply #15583 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:18 AM »
The line between bear traps in bed-- clearly an example of Home Alone/Tom and Jerry-style cartoon violence-- and weaponizing a food allergy-- a real-life, possibly fatal, danger that actual children have used against each other-- is clear. People downplaying this issue henceforth will be subject to moderator action.

lmfao

didn't somebody here have the same hot take?

Optimus

« Reply #15584 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:41 AM »
Poster is offended by mod's note:

Are you seriously trying to say that kids have never seen Tom and Jerry/Home alone style pranks in cartoons and movies and done them? That shit is very real and has very much killed kids/ adults in the past. I understand the point you are trying to make but using this of all things to make it?

These people keep outdoing each other :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15585 on: February 13, 2018, 05:06:00 AM »
Takeshi Kitano has a couple of movies called Outrage and Beyond Outrage, fantastic films, I should watch them again.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15586 on: February 13, 2018, 05:12:34 AM »
It must be a real power trip to just drop into any thread in and decide the discussion with some red text.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15587 on: February 13, 2018, 05:27:38 AM »
Holy shit. GAF planning a special guest appearance for sweeps season:

Quote from: evilore
If you must talk about GG -- which you are allowed to here, mind you, with the same basic guidelines about civility and respect and all that as we have board-wide -- could you please take it to another thread? Soon, at least? Obviously this post will be part of the problem; I'm not going to demand this formally, but I'd appreciate it nonetheless since I'm so worn out by this crap and I became an unwitting target in the Social Studies Warrior vs gg wars.

---""---

I kept my hands off all those Anita Sark topics for the most part, because I think her videos aren't the greatest, and I've publicly locked I believe every thread about her attempting "feminist film criticism" because the film criticism is trash.

---""---

I invited Zoe to come post/talk on NeoGAF a day or two ago. Hope she does; understand if she doesn't.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revisiting-when-the-left-turns-on-its-own-from-back-in-june-2017-and-healing-neogaf-off-topic-in-2018.1460712/page-13#post-253183338

If she does accept the invitation to go hang out on an alt-right videogames forum (which I'm betting she won't), this will probably go just about as well as expected...
woke

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15588 on: February 13, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »
Quote from: IrieDailyX
(Image removed from quote.)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4472815/
User Warned: Low-effort drive-by post + Threadwhining - Please don’t come into a thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Please don’t come into a thread if you have nothing to contribute.

First 3 posts of the thread:

Quote from:
Whoa

Quote from:
Well damn

Quote from:
Quote from:
Well damn

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15589 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:35 AM »
People not happy with that shit

I agree with your assessment of the situation (as far as this is a stupid scene because it's a little too real), but I think you're overstepping your bounds by telling people to not discuss it if they disagree with us.
While I agree related to the movie I really don't see why this would require mod action. Like I don't agree with this action at all.
There is no need for moderator intervention like this while responding to imaginary cartoon violence. Yes its a serious issue, but you cannot come into a thread from a position of power and say "Either follow this line of discussion or face consequences".

You might as well just close the thread if you are gonna take that stance. This site is better than that. That line of moderation is not in line what this site is supposed to be. We left the old site to leave this kind of thing behind. Or at least thats what I thought this place was supposed to be.

This seems like a severe overstep in my opinion. This is drifting into "agree with my level of tolerance or be punished" territory.
Are you for real? This doesn't feel like moderation. This is plain censoring.

So mod has to step it back and rewrite:

I'm sorry that the original modpost, which was arrived at by the team, read as unclear. To clarify, disagreeing with the positions made by Sony and the people raising concerns is not absolutely actionable. What is actionable is invalidating and dismissing these concerns by, for example, using language like "snowflakes."
Uncle

« Reply #15590 on: February 13, 2018, 07:42:30 AM »

There's almost zero outside traffic going into reset, there's no growth and there likely never will be. The only people linking to the site are doing so to laugh at it. Linking to the site on reddit will get you downvoted to oblivion in most subs

Even the people who dont hate it for the reeeing identity politics dont want to be associated with it when the next pedo/rapist is outed

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15591 on: February 13, 2018, 07:46:37 AM »
Can't wait to see where they draw the line between disagreeing and dismissing :lol

Optimus

« Reply #15592 on: February 13, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »
disagreeing with the positions made by Sony and the people raising concerns is not absolutely actionable.

"not absolutely actionable"

Well, that's a relief.

jorma

« Reply #15593 on: February 13, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »

lmfao

omg i don't know why i thought this was clever sarcasm. I should have realised that someone with a username that's essentially just a bunch of numbers wouldn't have the creative imagination to make shit like this up.

but then again... how is this real? How???

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15594 on: February 13, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »
disagreeing with the positions made by Sony and the people raising concerns is not absolutely actionable.

"not absolutely actionable"

Well, that's a relief.

Difference between "absolutely not actionable" and "not absolutely actionable."

So...so it's actionable.
Uncle

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15597 on: February 13, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »

I agree with your assessment of the situation (as far as this is a stupid scene because it's a little too real), but I think you're overstepping your bounds by telling people to not discuss it if they disagree with us.

Welcome to ResetERA, where a talking rabbit standing on his hind legs winning a fight with a farmer by hurling multiple berries at him is considered a little too real.
woke

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #15598 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
bear trap

is that something Demi uses?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15599 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »

Welcome to ResetERA, where a talking rabbit standing on his hind legs winning a fight with a farmer by hurling multiple berries at him is considered a little too real.

Mods are known to fly off the handle at a moment's notice, when offering criticism it's very important to soften the blow by pretending to partially agree with them.
Uncle