Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174469 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17220 on: February 20, 2018, 01:40:49 AM »
I dont get the hype about Black Panther at all, it looked dumb like all the other superhero movies.
why don't you just say what you really want to say? why don't you call one of our distinguished black fellows what you really want to call them?

your tactics are completely obvious to the rest of us at this point

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

benjipwns

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17222 on: February 20, 2018, 02:12:44 AM »

please acquire a better data set and explain the findings beyond describing a graph, revise and resubmit, thanks and keep up the good work

Raist

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17224 on: February 20, 2018, 02:18:58 AM »
Imma colonize dat ass
:9

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17225 on: February 20, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »
Imma colonize dat ass

Anal warts have never sounded so tempting. I’m picturing each wart as a dome on Mars filled with white colonists.
serge

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17226 on: February 20, 2018, 02:22:54 AM »
Ribbed for everyones pleasure

benjipwns

« Reply #17227 on: February 20, 2018, 02:31:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4722725/

:crybaby
Teachers and parents are the hardest working people on the fucking planet.
Shots fired at the 1%.

Kevtones

« Reply #17228 on: February 20, 2018, 02:36:02 AM »
Really blown away at how unaware Tyler is.

He spends his time skirting blame while taking an Edgelord stance to everyone else. Even in his own thread, he shits on his (new?) subscribers.

You're turning into Trump, Tyler.

His livejournals come from a cogent place but it's because I don't think he has real friends in life. There's no one to tell him how fucking turnt he is. He should probably travel the world right now if he can afford it. Meet a bunch of strangers to give him opinions before he develops them himself. Perspective, as it were.
wrong

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17229 on: February 20, 2018, 02:57:52 AM »
honestly reckon black panther could've come out instead of spawn in 1997 and people would have given a similar amount of a toss.

everything is the biggest most world altering thing ever for about 19 seconds.

#kony2018

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17230 on: February 20, 2018, 03:44:29 AM »
'Tomb Raider' Star Alicia Vikander Felt Empowered by Female-Fronted Video Game, played original game

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tomb-raider-star-alicia-vikander-felt-empowered-by-female-fronted-video-game-played-original-game.24502/

Interviews like this are always fucking horrible. I wish actors would just say "I got paid" instead of the regular interview shit. If I have to hear "it felt empowering" or "I read the comic/played the game when I was a kid" or "it was such a huge honour when I got cast" one more time ...

Does hearing that shit actually make people buy tickets, or does the interviewer request it, or are actors just boring and unoriginal people.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17231 on: February 20, 2018, 03:55:53 AM »
Black Panther is a major hysterical event on RE.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17232 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:09 AM »
If anything Australia has become less racist since Trump.

Racists Australians may be obnoxious but they're not so dumb they think we don't need a functional government.

benjipwns

« Reply #17233 on: February 20, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
Kind of confused but not surprised at there being multiple people on RE that believe that racism in the UK is the fault of Donald Trump.
yeah, because you're ignorant as all hell, racists were afraid to show their true colors on the internet before Donald Trump's Russian bots invented GamerGate

Bananas

« Reply #17234 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »
I know more trans folks than most IRL and not one of them is anything like the loons on RE. It's the fact they spend literally all their time online in what is essentially a feedback loop to the point where they lose all perspective. Nothing to do with being trans - you see the same thing with other people on that site having lost touch with the real world and what real people are like with regards to all kinds of things.
Then explain all the other ones that aren't on that site. Explain the vocal and prominent trans people that come on TV and pass their entire demographic off as complete fucking whack jobs.

Even  someone like Blair White that at least can hold a conversation seems off. I always wonder if some of these people, realistically only suffer from just wanting to be a hot girl.

Blair comes off exactly like that. Something is not right here

Blair is not transgender though, by his own words being trans is a mental illness that needs to be cured. He also agrees with Ben Shapiro that trans-women are factually men and should be treated as men in that very video.  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #17235 on: February 20, 2018, 08:00:06 AM »
He's been buttmad about that since then but why wouldnt he be? He has lunatics trying to ruin his life every day since then. Dipshits email him every day asking him to fire himself and saying loads of made up shit because they were too dumb to realize he's the head of the studio

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659578/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659682/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659907/

See it in real-time.

And the dude questioning the lie is already banned for something  :lol  Probably been besada'd as soon as he made the first post.

jorma

« Reply #17236 on: February 20, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
did reeeee remove their report buttons or did they just remove mine?  :P

« Reply #17237 on: February 20, 2018, 08:47:25 AM »
The surest sign that you care about representation and arent just a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow being manipulated by big companies is getting mad about competitors

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17238 on: February 20, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »
He's been buttmad about that since then but why wouldnt he be? He has lunatics trying to ruin his life every day since then. Dipshits email him every day asking him to fire himself and saying loads of made up shit because they were too dumb to realize he's the head of the studio

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659578/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659682/
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659907/

See it in real-time.

And the dude questioning the lie is already banned for something  :lol  Probably been besada'd as soon as he made the first post.

Commenting on an article is apparently thread whining

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4659232/

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #17239 on: February 20, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »

Still have mine.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #17240 on: February 20, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »
tfw filler likes one of your posts.

When moblin and D3RANG3D don't like one of your posts.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17241 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:12 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hi-lets-talk-about-off-topic-and-each-other.1461052/post-253189910

Lore finally got some participation in his manifesto thread, complete with artwork.
This thread sums up why Tyler has such a fanbase across multiple websites and forums.
His long-form posting in the last month has been interesting and insightful.

Reading his exploits across Europe and around the world were thrilling and inspiring.
I'm an amateur artist and did some artwork based on his adventures.
I kinda wish we could fund another trip or something just so we could hear about it.

Free climbing

When his body got dashed against the reef

His car racing on the cliffs of China

Tyler is an all-time great internet user
http://archive.is/FEjIY for when it gets deleted.

Way, way too much dumb rambling and revisionist history going on there.  When will he stop just making long-winded posts about himself?  :lol

Gaming-Age was just a little fan site covering the typical news and reviews, with a side forum of some note, but those years were all crucial to the trajectories for everyone involved. Gaming-Age co-founder Sam Kennedy went on to start 1up, Patrick Klepek is over at Vice News/Waypoint these days instead of sneaking his way into E3 to guerrilla cover it as a minor, and lots of other folks on that original G-A staff ended up with notable roles to play across the Video Games space.

Me, too, I suppose, though through completely different avenues: the little forum attached to that thing.

No, not you too, Thug 1.  You had nothing to do with that website.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  You're just a dude who got control of someone else's forum and you played no part in its popularity.

GAF was distinct in tone, cultivated with intent by leadership being there to care about it and steer it, with all the rules and policies and bans and all that operating as an extension of what you try to do from the top down for the sake of the end result:

The vibe, which is what will either bring folks flooding to the registration gates to the point where you have to implement a several month waiting list and all sorts of other hoops to jump through to keep everything manageable, or just leave you with shuttered doors eventually, as most have already.

:lol  GAF was popular because it was a super-busy forum with responses and gaming news stuff being posted, 24 hours a day, with an insane frequency that no other forum (that I can think of) had back then.  Things have changed and that was no longer the case for years already, and that this point saying that is just insane.  The traffic is gone- everybody went to Resetera. 

Either way, I've always thought of it as something vaguely like running a bar or social club.

The kind where you grab women's asses to "show power" or get into the shower with them without asking?

There's just too much shit there to bother responding to and he keeps saying the same things over and over again anyway.  It's just:
:ego :ego :ego :ego

It's over, dude.  You fucked up and that supposed "#metoo" thing was just the fuse being lighted for the gigantic powder keg that had been waiting to explode for years.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:39:27 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17242 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
My favourite thing about Black Panther is that they even got the Nollywood quality cgi in the movie. They've truly added every facet of African culture to this movie.

The new Avengers trailer also had this cool callback to the cgi of the Sam Raimi movies. (But seriously, why is the cgi in these movies so fucking bad?)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17243 on: February 20, 2018, 09:28:55 AM »
And then there's this part:
Good ol' #metoo. Made up story, actionable evidence to discredit it, legal case organized in that first month to formally clear the air...yeah, completely pointless to have even devoted energy or resources to defending myself. You're not allowed to be innocent in a #metoo.
:cmonson

We got your own admissions of other crap you did to women previously and then there was that ridiculous SHE'S BI post you made to the mods that wasn't mentioned anywhere else. 
ど助平

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #17244 on: February 20, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
The new Avengers trailer also had this cool callback to the cgi of the Sam Raimi movies. (But seriously, why is the cgi in these movies so fucking bad?)

They have strict deadlines to get done. Disney needs them spaced out appropriately and hit in certain quarters (for profits).

They're not like a James Cameron movie where he gets to dick around for 3-5+ years making one movie.

jorma

« Reply #17245 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »

Still have mine.

Well mine is gone.
I must have misused it, since i only ever used it once, just to see what would happen when you report bish for calling someone a nazi  :lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #17246 on: February 20, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »

Because they know menchilds will go see it regardless.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17247 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »

They have strict deadlines to get done. Disney needs them spaced out appropriately and hit in certain quarters (for profits).

They're not like a James Cameron movie where he gets to dick around for 3-5+ years making one movie.

Studios also go for the cgi company that makes the cheapest offer which is pretty ridiculous considering how reliant these movies are on CG.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17248 on: February 20, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »
Studios also go for the cgi company that makes the cheapest offer which is pretty ridiculous considering how reliant these movies are on CG.

Apparently not... isn't stopping some people from thinking it's the modern day cinematic equivalent of Titanic.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17249 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »
Just gotta wait for it to run into the dang iceberg then.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #17250 on: February 20, 2018, 11:17:05 AM »
Oh this thread is a doozy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/online-dating-as-a-poc-kinda-sucks.24520/

:stahp

the real world is cruel

tummyfat

« Reply #17251 on: February 20, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4744635/

He really can't go more than 12 words without dropping one

FStop7

« Reply #17252 on: February 20, 2018, 11:22:45 AM »
I kind of want to pee on Evilore.  Just a little bit.

jorma

« Reply #17253 on: February 20, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4744635/

He really can't go more than 12 words without dropping one

So the city has 187k black dudes and the rest don't count?  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #17254 on: February 20, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »
I cannot believe that Resetera is still salty about Red Letter Media hating the Ghostbusters Reboot.

paprikastaude

« Reply #17255 on: February 20, 2018, 12:39:37 PM »
I cannot believe that Resetera is still salty about Red Letter Media hating the Ghostbusters Reboot.

Really?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17256 on: February 20, 2018, 12:40:13 PM »

They also thought Black Panther was merely “okay”. :badass Even Hitler was impressed by Jesse Owens.
©@©™

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #17257 on: February 20, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »
Looks like the checks from Sony and Quantum Dream cleared.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4746032/

how many counts of harassment though?
Id prefer statistics like:

-The amount of sexual assault allegations during the development
-how many lawsuits during the development
-how much government funding was lost
Knock it off. If you want to have a thread discussing the allegations against Quantum Dreams and David Cage, then use one of the existing threads or start another one. This isn't a wholesale ban of discussing these allegations in Detroit threads, but it is a ban against driving into a thread, taking a potshot at the game and driving on out. For example, if you can tie the allegations into an on-topic (for that thread) discussion of Detroit's themes, then by all means go for it.

But don't do this.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #17258 on: February 20, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17259 on: February 20, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
Looks like the small gift baskets from Sony and Quantum Dream cleared.

Fixed
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #17260 on: February 20, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »

Really?

Is more because they are still defensive abput it in the RedLetterMedia OT, not even admitting that it was marketing stunt the gender flipped Cast.

At least BP iseems to be okay.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17261 on: February 20, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »
I'm glad that BP is actually a decent movie. If it wasn't there'd be another ghostbusters shitshow.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #17262 on: February 20, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
I really liked BP. It's pretty pathetic though to hold this movie up as some sort of historic masterpiece... nerds, man.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #17263 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:05 PM »
Also Kingdom Come is a really good game and ERA is full of fucking idiots. Fuck identity politics and fuck the journalists who won't cover this game because of it.

Raist

« Reply #17264 on: February 20, 2018, 01:25:47 PM »
I really liked BP. It's pretty pathetic though to hold this movie up as some sort of historic masterpiece... nerds, man.

Sorry but the correct denomination is blerds, you shitlord. Black nerds.

And yes, that's a thing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/31/showbiz/rise-of-black-nerds/index.html

stufte

« Reply #17265 on: February 20, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »
Also Kingdom Come is a really good game and ERA is full of fucking idiots. Fuck identity politics and fuck the journalists who won't cover this game because of it.

I think it looks pretty bad but I can't handle games with clunky combat.

Love the detail of the world, the different approaches to missions and all that, but will probably never play the game.

It's as buggy as a bethesda open world game and the combat is as clunky (see:realistic?) as Chivalry. Realism is really what it strives for and it doesn't let up (you have to learn to fucking read). I'm a huge fan of that kind of thing.

Dennis

« Reply #17266 on: February 20, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »
I strongly suspect that a lot of the people claiming outrage over Kingdome Come are just trolling.

"Lets see how far we can push this bizarre hysteria before getting called on it. Oh we can just keep going forever trollolollo"

We are way beyond the looking glass here in terms of being offended at the dumbest, smallest shit.

And the way some in the games media is handling this just makes me roll my eyes and want to disassociate from this apparently childish hobby.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #17267 on: February 20, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »
RLM said they liked the BP and it was the best Marvel movie in a long time. How can anyone be mad at them? The worst they said about it was CGI looked dodgy (which it very much did even in trailers) and that they're both tired of comic book movies, which they've been saying since like...Iron Man 3.

Well when it's receiving universal praise and the best you can muster is "it's fine" I'm sure there's going to be lots of people mad at you. These people don't understand that RLM thinks everything is shit, so an "it's fine" rating is actually saying a lot.

etiolate

« Reply #17268 on: February 20, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »

Sorry but the correct denomination is blerds, you shitlord. Black nerds.

And yes, that's a thing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/31/showbiz/rise-of-black-nerds/index.html

Mainstream media gets it wrong again. The correct term is actually, no, literally cookie monster.

stufte

« Reply #17269 on: February 20, 2018, 01:39:36 PM »
I strongly suspect that a lot of the people claiming outrage over Kingdome Come are just trolling.

"Lets see how far we can push this bizarre hysteria before getting called on it. Oh we can just keep going forever trollolollo"

We are way beyond the looking glass here in terms of being offended at the dumbest, smallest shit.

Nah, It's too wide spread to be trolling. I suspect that they're angry that they couldn't get someone they disagree with fired from their job.

etiolate

« Reply #17270 on: February 20, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »

I think it looks pretty bad but I can't handle games with clunky combat.

Love the detail of the world, the different approaches to missions and all that, but will probably never play the game.

It's as buggy as a bethesda open world game and the combat is as clunky (see:realistic?) as Chivalry. Realism is really what it strives for and it doesn't let up (you have to learn to fucking read). I'm a huge fan of that kind of thing.

This is why I'm avoiding it. I prefer semi-stylized sword fighting that requires thought. Not circling around a dude and poking back & forth.

Averon

« Reply #17271 on: February 20, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »
ERA was already primed to pounce on RLM due to their other "infractions" that ERA believes reveal them to be secret alt-right shitlords, or at least out of touch white privileged males than isn't "woke." So anything less than outright praise of BP from RLM would get ERA hot and bothered. This has been an ongoing thing with RLM even since Ghostbusters.

It is not unlike how they now view South Park: something they previously enjoyed but now cannot enjoy any longer because of something something "problematic."

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #17272 on: February 20, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »

And the way some in the games media is handling this just makes me roll my eyes and want to disassociate from this apparently childish hobby.

The games "media" and it's "journalists" have been one of the worst thing in gaming for years.

Giddy like 5 year olds at new games, but dont write about companies fucking over consumers, but will write about a high and mighty attitude once they see something we are supposed to care about.

This is why I'm avoiding it. I prefer semi-stylized sword fighting that requires thought. Not circling around a dude and poking back & forth.

Huh but thats exactly what this game does lol. If you go in poking that shit dont work.

Also has Era jumped down RLM'S throat regarding black panther?
What

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #17273 on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:17 PM »
Man, Hitman 2's trailer was absolutely fantastic.

This game aged like straight fucking milk but goddamn did it own back in 2002. I got it for my 15th birthday and played the absolute shit out of it. Those Japan levels were always garbage tho.
reckt

etiolate

« Reply #17274 on: February 20, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

The games "media" and it's "journalists" have been one of the worst thing in gaming for years.

Giddy like 5 year olds at new games, but dont write about companies fucking over consumers, but will write about a high and mighty attitude once they see something we are supposed to care about.

Huh but thats exactly what this game does lol. If you go in poking that shit dont work.

If it compares to CHivalry then I won't be into it. Or Mount & Blade. Do not dig those styles.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #17275 on: February 20, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
Looking at videos from Chivalry and Mount & Blade the combat in KCD is nothing like that. Instead its methodical, systems heavy and you get better because you as a player get better not because your stats go up.

Chivalry and mounnt and blade just looks like circling your opponent and spamming swing sword button :p

If an enemy wants to strike you you have to move your sword in that direction to block etc.

Its way more like something like For Honor or Absolver where you have different stances etc.
What

Boredfrom

« Reply #17276 on: February 20, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »

Not really, but the Ghostbusters shit was name dropped in the OT while discussing Black Panther with a fanboy.

Averon

« Reply #17277 on: February 20, 2018, 02:06:15 PM »
At this point ERA is just waiting to be proven right that RLM are alt-right. A bunch of middle aged, cynical white dudes having fun talking about movies on Youtube and not caring about being woke? Prime candidate for shitlordery in ERA's minds.

paprikastaude

« Reply #17278 on: February 20, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
Is more because they are still defensive abput it in the RedLetterMedia OT, not even admitting that it was marketing stunt the gender flipped Cast.

At least BP iseems to be okay.

I didn't follow that trainwreck Ghostbusters for the longest time. What I knew however is that its pathetic producers tried to downplay any kind of negative feedback before release with "y'all sexist". So RLM claiming that Sony added fuel to the fire wasn't exactly far reaching, but the most logical analysis. Unless you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, because then it apparently meant that they were dog whistling to neonazis.

BP is a historical milestone if you are a spineless nerd who is too pathetic to admit that electronic toys and internet shit posting is nothing more than a waste of time. So you need to pretend that going to the theater sucking Disney cock is you being real progressive for a change. That's much easier than going outside to do something actual progressive or talking to people outside the internet. And you don't even have to feel like a nerd anymore!

RLM said they liked the BP and it was the best Marvel movie in a long time. How can anyone be mad at them? The worst they said about it was CGI looked dodgy (which it very much did even in trailers) and that they're both tired of comic book movies, which they've been saying since like...Iron Man 3.

It's modern GAF. They probably have blacklist of people that once "dog whistled" and no one's never going to get off of it.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #17279 on: February 20, 2018, 02:21:57 PM »

Honestly Dennis, why on Earth do you still post there? It's far worse than GAF ever was