Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174247 times)

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17940 on: February 22, 2018, 01:30:49 AM »
Guys, we're missing the big picture here. Who cares about all the crap on this page? It's not as important as cream thinking mgs2 is the best in the series.

For shame, borians. To let such a thing pass!

2 > 3 > 1 > PW > 4 >>> V
get the fuck off my board normie

Lol 2 being my favorite makes me the opposite of a normie

Pepinappe

• Ass
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17941 on: February 22, 2018, 01:41:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4805194/

No, the reason why you can't have nice things is because you and your fellow mods set idiotic rules that lean heavily in favor of one side, to the detriment of discussion, you dumbass. The thread was perfectly on topic until the usual suspects started popping up like poisonous mushrooms and shit it up.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #17942 on: February 22, 2018, 01:50:59 AM »
lol I support banning anyone that defends the guy. Love the game, fine don’t care, but fuck Vavra.

Eila

« Reply #17943 on: February 22, 2018, 01:52:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4805194/

No, the reason why you can't have nice things is because you and your fellow mods set idiotic rules that lean heavily in favor of one side, to the detriment of discussion, you dumbass. The thread was perfectly on topic until the usual suspects started popping up like poisonous mushrooms and shit it up.

Wow... I can't even right now... The alt-right has infiltrated the RE moderators. Can't believe an administrator is using a 4chan meme. Literally shaking right now.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17944 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:15 AM »
Fuck, there’s nothing good on TV tonight. Plz make drama, people. Occupy me.

Not watching Waco?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17945 on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:40 AM »
lol I support banning anyone that defends the guy. Love the game, fine don’t care, but fuck Vavra.
It seems to me that whatever it is this guy is accused of (i dont care) is up for debate, so starting off with banning anyone not onboard with mod-think while that's not solidified is distinguished mentally-challenged and why I'm glad to not be on GAF anymore.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17946 on: February 22, 2018, 02:33:57 AM »
Another 4 pages overnight. WTF brehs.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17947 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:18 AM »
Another 4 pages overnight. WTF brehs.
trigger inducing metal gear comments, demi resorting to cheap clicks.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17948 on: February 22, 2018, 02:36:02 AM »
Fuck, there’s nothing good on TV tonight. Plz make drama, people. Occupy me.

Not watching Waco?

It wasn’t showing up on my DVR for some reason when it first started. You reminded me to check again and it’s there now. Just added. Hank you, senpai.
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17949 on: February 22, 2018, 02:37:03 AM »
 :-* :heartbeat

TVC15

« Reply #17950 on: February 22, 2018, 02:45:26 AM »
r/babyelephantgifs is great soul bleach to clear out all the awful shit I looked at today. They’re so cute, and their moms love them so much!
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17951 on: February 22, 2018, 02:47:56 AM »
They're pretty adorable. That sub drives a lot of money to the reservation most of the gifs on it originate from, so it's also one of the few parts of reddit contributing to the world instead of draining from it

Raist

« Reply #17952 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4804585/

:lol

"I think everyone should understand where the forum stands on Vavra as an individual"

Moderator warned for suggesting Ratatata is a hivemind

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #17953 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
Aw. I've talked to prag a few times. He's pretty fed up with the culture there so I told him to lay low. Couldn't help himself lol
每天生气

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17954 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »
I shouldn't have to defend a t-shirt for an album that has 4+ million views on YouTube alone which quoted from Decibel Magazine is
one of the most captivating and influential black metal albums ever committed to tape
The t-shirt thing was flimsy to begin with.
User banned for 1 month: It has been made clear over and over again that defending Vávra's offensive and racist views will not be tolerated

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4804775/

You have to be fucking kidding me

Raist

« Reply #17955 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:31 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

READ POSTINGS RULES

READ MOD EDIT

Ect

O  B  E  Y

Hot Slice

« Reply #17956 on: February 22, 2018, 03:01:39 AM »
Not taking about any specific forum in general, but a growing trend that I have seen in my day to day offline and on is not only people unable to separate art from artist (however valid/flawed that may be, not the point I’m trying to make), but people unable to grasp that we are human, and can have feelings that some would call illogical. Star Trek really said it best...

KIRK: Name, Khan, as we know him today. (Spock changes the picture) Name, Khan Noonien Singh.
SPOCK: From 1992 through 1996, absolute ruler of more than a quarter of your world. From Asia through the Middle East.
MCCOY: The last of the tyrants to be overthrown.
SCOTT: I must confess, gentlemen. I've always held a sneaking admiration for this one.
KIRK: He was the best of the tyrants and the most dangerous. They were supermen, in a sense. Stronger, braver, certainly more ambitious, more daring.
SPOCK: Gentlemen, this romanticism about a ruthless dictator is
KIRK: Mister Spock, we humans have a streak of barbarism in us. Appalling, but there, nevertheless.
SCOTT: There were no massacres under his rule.
SPOCK: And as little freedom.
MCCOY: No wars until he was attacked.
SPOCK: Gentlemen.
KIRK: Mister Spock, you misunderstand us. We can be against him and admire him all at the same time.
SPOCK: Illogical.
KIRK: Totally.

Are people nowadays so, for lack of better term, weak to grasp that one can talk about someone or something, state a truth, and be against them or denounce them all at the same time?

TVC15

« Reply #17957 on: February 22, 2018, 03:03:11 AM »
I shouldn't have to defend a t-shirt for an album that has 4+ million views on YouTube alone which quoted from Decibel Magazine is
one of the most captivating and influential black metal albums ever committed to tape
User banned for 1 month: It has been made clear over and over again that defending Vávra's offensive and racist views will not be tolerated

Vavra likes Burzum?

My Burzum library doesn’t even fit on a single page of iTunes, and I was a GAF mod for almost 10 years. That community truly went down the shitter after I was ousted. The black metal gods stopped shining on those blood-impure heathens that have forgotten their roots in blood and soil, those that have turned from the old gods.
serge

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17958 on: February 22, 2018, 03:04:42 AM »
wonder if they'd lose their shit if he was wearing a dre shirt.

black metal has been almost as savagely appropriated by fashion as rap, shame they didn't have the same good sense to make any money out of it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:09:14 AM by headwalk »

shosta

« Reply #17959 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:12 AM »
I keep forgetting TVC was an ex-mod. Our lives parallel in so many ways  :aah
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #17960 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:53 AM »
That community truly went down the shitter after I was ousted.

So you're saying it's all your fault.

Our lives parallel in so many ways  :aah

:thinking

So how many times have you eaten shit? Literally, I mean.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17961 on: February 22, 2018, 03:08:33 AM »
mirror reaper by bell witch is an utter banger. a 5 minute song dragged out over 90 minutes of morbid despair that somehow doesn't feel a second too long.

TVC15

« Reply #17962 on: February 22, 2018, 03:08:46 AM »

Why could they not support me as a dismembermentsexual. I’ve been fighting to get that added to the extended LGBTQ acronym for YEARS!
serge

Raist

« Reply #17963 on: February 22, 2018, 03:09:54 AM »

Why could they bot support me

Yep, truly an ex-GAFmod.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17964 on: February 22, 2018, 03:17:10 AM »

Vavra likes Burzum?

My Burzum library doesn’t even fit on a single page of iTunes, and I was a GAF mod for almost 10 years. That community truly went down the shitter after I was ousted. The black metal gods stopped shining on those blood-impure heathens that have forgotten their roots in blood and soil, those that have turned from the old gods.

Listening to post-imprisonment Burzum  :donot

paprikastaude

TVC15

« Reply #17966 on: February 22, 2018, 03:20:43 AM »

Vavra likes Burzum?

I have had a lot of free time during commutes the past 3 years. It’s better than Taylor Swift. Probably less racist, too.

If you want a fun read:

Advanced Discrimination & Dragons: A Critical Look at Varg Vikernes’ Myfarog RPG
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wi6lZHMmemAJ:www.metalsucks.net/2015/08/21/advanced-discrimination-dragons-critical-look-varg-vikernes-myfarog-rpg/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
serge

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17967 on: February 22, 2018, 03:31:44 AM »

I'm certain they'd greet him with culturally significant Black Panther handshake.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #17968 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:13 AM »

I'm certain they'd greet him with culturally significant Black Panther handshake.
Are people doing this irl?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17969 on: February 22, 2018, 03:39:19 AM »

Are people doing this irl?

According to someone on RE, yes.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-people-in-toronto-are-doing-the-black-panther-greeting.24341/

According to RE you're also likely a racist if you believe it's silly

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #17970 on: February 22, 2018, 03:51:58 AM »

Vavra likes Burzum?

I have had a lot of free time during commutes the past 3 years. It’s better than Taylor Swift. Probably less racist, too.

If you want a fun read:

Advanced Discrimination & Dragons: A Critical Look at Varg Vikernes’ Myfarog RPG
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wi6lZHMmemAJ:www.metalsucks.net/2015/08/21/advanced-discrimination-dragons-critical-look-varg-vikernes-myfarog-rpg/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Lmfao of fucking course this guy makes his own pen and paper RPG, and OF COURSE it's printed in Papyrus  :lol

Thank you for giving me this. God, this would have killed amongst my group of friends in high school.

TVC15

« Reply #17972 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:36 AM »

Vavra likes Burzum?

If you want a fun read:

Lmfao of fucking course this guy makes his own pen and paper RPG, and OF COURSE it's printed in Papyrus  :lol

Thank you for giving me this. God, this would have killed amongst my group of friends in high school.

That review made me consider buying a copy. I should see if I can hunt down a pdf.
serge

Raist

shosta

« Reply #17977 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:34 AM »
People like Dave Rubin, Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan, Bret Weinstein, and more are just undercover racists whose schtick is transparent and identifiable to anyone able to deconstruct the use of language by white supremacists. They call them "skeptics" now. But that's just more cover for Nazi sympathizers. The only good thing Trump has done is force these fake moderates/centrists to reveal who they really are.
每天生气

Aegis.exe

« Reply #17978 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-sold-1-million-copies-pc-best-selling-platform.24975/

I wonder how this will fare.  :teehee

I actually don't get why that was closed, unless they changed their policy and it's now a banned game.

Edit: ah welp rip.

Raist

« Reply #17979 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:24 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/7z8qnj/im_a_senior_in_high_school_in_florida_today_i/

:bow

r/Firearms, a normal subreddit for muhrica, probably full of deranged people according to the rest of the western world.

Jerry

« Reply #17980 on: February 22, 2018, 05:00:27 AM »
It's amazing how a change of social environment can make someone appear totally normal, even likeable.

Jokes and banter are part of normal conversation and they give you a lot of context and understanding of a person.

oldGAF/ERA being so tyrannical about even the gentlest ribbing just alienates most people and reinforces the 'special snowflake' stereotype.

Shit flinging and venom spewing isn't going to change anyone's mind, but a relaxed open conversation can.

Cream, by showing you can take a joke you've gone from being a depraved, perverted arsehole to just being a depraved pervert.
COYS

blaze

« Reply #17981 on: February 22, 2018, 05:13:13 AM »
That thread, and the bans are fucking INSANE. Like jesus, I'm embarrassed for the mods.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17982 on: February 22, 2018, 06:04:13 AM »
Pepinappe can you please change your avatar? Preferably to Mia Sara with visible breasts?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #17983 on: February 22, 2018, 06:17:53 AM »
I have a Gadsden's Flag on my recycle bin  :-*

Marhunchy

« Reply #17984 on: February 22, 2018, 06:23:55 AM »
someone should make a LTTP thread for the Mafia franchise, praising each game  :phil

jorma

« Reply #17985 on: February 22, 2018, 06:32:09 AM »
It's amazing how a change of social environment can make someone appear totally normal, even likeable.

Jokes and banter are part of normal conversation and they give you a lot of context and understanding of a person.

oldGAF/ERA being so tyrannical about even the gentlest ribbing just alienates most people and reinforces the 'special snowflake' stereotype.

Shit flinging and venom spewing isn't going to change anyone's mind, but a relaxed open conversation can.

Cream, by showing you can take a joke you've gone from being a depraved, perverted arsehole to just being a depraved pervert.

I don't think her ability to take a joke has much to do with it. Personally, I'm good since i can object to the insanity without risking my posting privileges. If i want to.

It's funny how the worst REEEE'ers always spout the mantra that people who say stupid shit isn't "immune to critique" whenever they call for some random tweeters head and resignation if they post something they disagree with. Which obviously is a true thing. If you say something stupid or even just controversial, you should be prepared to take some heat for it.

But then they create a safe haven where their insanity IS shielded from critique.

Shit makes no sense.

SG-17

« Reply #17986 on: February 22, 2018, 06:32:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-sells-million-copies-in-first-week-see-mod-edit.24879/

That was such a shitshow. Fuckfaces come in, accuse everyone who bought the game of being nazis, people who bought the game call them out and get warnings and bans for it.

Also SweetNicole's avatar is now Glados, which is incredibly fitting.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #17987 on: February 22, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »

My next door neighbor flies a Gadsden flag over the American flag. They also leave their dogs outside for about 12 hours a day, where they bark incessantly (literally, they bark for HOURS straight at a time, often as early as 6 AM, despite there being no people or animals around for them to be barking at, and in the middle of a neighborhood that is mostly retirees and has a HOA) and they don't give a shit at all about neighbors screaming out of their windows to get their dogs under control. They also like to burn shit at all times of the day, all times of the year, not giving a shit that they have neighbors 10 feet away on all 3 sides that have to get blasted with the smoke of whatever they're burning.

They're such fucking cunts and the day after Trump won, they put weird survivalist magazines/catalogs in everyone's paper boxes.  :beli

Haha Im not that bad I hope. Although I did burn some branches (which might be illegal) yesterday. Also have a Polish eagle on my a trailer.

I like the idea of the Gadsen flag. Dont think anyone gets it here in Europe though.

Raist

« Reply #17988 on: February 22, 2018, 07:06:54 AM »

My next door neighbor flies a Gadsden flag over the American flag. They also leave their dogs outside for about 12 hours a day, where they bark incessantly (literally, they bark for HOURS straight at a time, often as early as 6 AM, despite there being no people or animals around for them to be barking at, and in the middle of a neighborhood that is mostly retirees and has a HOA) and they don't give a shit at all about neighbors screaming out of their windows to get their dogs under control. They also like to burn shit at all times of the day, all times of the year, not giving a shit that they have neighbors 10 feet away on all 3 sides that have to get blasted with the smoke of whatever they're burning.

They're such fucking cunts and the day after Trump won, they put weird survivalist magazines/catalogs in everyone's paper boxes.  :beli

Haha Im not that bad I hope. Although I did burn some branches (which might be illegal) yesterday. Also have a Polish eagle on my a trailer.

I like the idea of the Gadsen flag. Dont think anyone gets it here in Europe though.

:mindblown you aren't even in America and you have a Gadsden flag sticker? 

Oh shit, Kosma = Lime :ohhh

Jerry

« Reply #17989 on: February 22, 2018, 07:10:43 AM »

He's an Arsenal supporter, no sense of logic or rational thought has ever crossed his brain.
COYS

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17990 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:00 AM »

Don't tread on him, bro

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17991 on: February 22, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »
"Low posting count" being used as an argument for a permanent ban is amazing.
:delicious

An ever decreasing clique.
ὕβρις

Aegis.exe

« Reply #17992 on: February 22, 2018, 07:18:47 AM »
I went and checked, and there are some more bans with low post count noted. I don't get why they bother doing things that way if it's just going to be the same system as GAF basically.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #17993 on: February 22, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »

He's an Arsenal supporter, no sense of logic or rational thought has ever crossed his brain.

https://twitter.com/Coral/status/966420651878658048

Baiano19

« Reply #17994 on: February 22, 2018, 07:26:31 AM »
Imagine being triggered by Kingdom Come or Black Panthers success though, just imagine how the rest of your life is at that point.

If you think about it, if both were released 5  or 8 years ago there would be almost no drama.

The whole world went to shit in the last 5 or so years, anything is controversial or demands an absolute position either for or against.

I wonder what's the end game of this radicalization. It's getting fucking annoying.

Raist

« Reply #17995 on: February 22, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
I went and checked, and there are some more bans with low post count noted. I don't get why they bother doing things that way if it's just going to be the same system as GAF basically.

Pretend it's fair and transparent.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17996 on: February 22, 2018, 07:28:43 AM »

They don't have a junior tag because they didn't want to have the same stigma than on GAF but they'll ban you like one nonetheless.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #17997 on: February 22, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »
I wonder what's the end game of this radicalization. It's getting fucking annoying.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a dick fucking you in your ass - forever. (Orwell)
每天生气

Kurt Russell

« Reply #17998 on: February 22, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »
If enough people dogpile irishninja in that thread will he catch a ban? I want him to come here.

IIRC he was here when GAF imploded. He was as much of an insufferable humorless cunt as he has been anywhere else.

Whilst I'd love to see :bobby post on bore, I can honestly say that in the case of irish ninja (or if his username was truly accurate, fat american ginger) absolutely nothing of any tangible value was lost when he stopped posting here.
woke

Raist