Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174695 times)

Kurt Russell

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18000 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:42 AM »
Holy shit

Quote from: Thisman
Quote from: Geirskogul
He's right. The Podesta e-mails were hacked because her staff fell for a blatant phishing attack that anyone with even the most basic common sense would have avoided.

And the defining issue of her entire campaign would have never been an issue if she hadn't been breaking the rules in the first place.
This is literally victim blaming

:snoop

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4806146/
woke

paprikastaude

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18002 on: February 22, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »
If you think about it, if both were released 5  or 8 years ago there would be almost no drama.

The whole world went to shit in the last 5 or so years, anything is controversial or demands an absolute position either for or against.

I wonder what's the end game of this radicalization. It's getting fucking annoying.

Nah, I'd wager outside of certain US bubbles it's fine. I haven't heard anyone around here whining about Kingdom Come and I don't think there was any backlash when recently a German film reviewing show I watch came to the consensus that Black Panther was generic and overhyped because of US reviewers' agenda. Though there's also some Antifa goons and hipsters over here, in my occasional working field in leftwing media and friend groups of leftwing university students (from all over EU) we also watch South Park, play Cards of Humanity, make inappropriate jokes, call Hillary an incompetent shitheel, hug colleagues of the opposite gender *gasp*, etc. with the knowledge that we ain't neonazis. And occasionally laugh at the thought of total distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who judge progressiveness by how you talk about entertainment media, in a country in which that should be the last thing to tackle when it comes to alleged progressive politics (i.e. that same entertainment media is the only reason the world might still have some respect left for the US to begin with :) ).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:22:37 AM by Spieler1 »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18003 on: February 22, 2018, 08:19:40 AM »
wow what a hero, please have your way with my boyhole, really i insist

Damn, if that's all it takes to get into your soul, let me grab some Lipton.

thisismyusername

« Reply #18004 on: February 22, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »
If enough people dogpile irishninja in that thread will he catch a ban? I want him to come here.

IIRC he was here when GAF imploded. He was as much of an insufferable humorless cunt as he has been anywhere else.

He did post here for like 2 hours and then fucked off. Never got dick. :'(

The more he protests this game, the more I kinda want to buy it despite 1) not needing to and 2) don't need more Eurojank in my life.

paprikastaude

« Reply #18005 on: February 22, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
lmao just caught up on the Kingdom Come Nazi sales thread :mueller

That forum will be a worse bubble than GAF ever was in no time. Too bad they still got the gaming news aggregation going for them. I'm too old to have any proper overview of the Reddit newsfeed (and hate the design of its comments section too).

jorma

« Reply #18006 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »
lmao just caught up on the Kingdom Come Nazi sales thread :mueller

That forum will be a worse bubble than GAF ever was in no time. Too bad they still got the gaming news aggregation going for them. I'm too old to have any proper overview of the Reddit newsfeed (and hate the design of its comments section too).

I mean they already are a much worse bubble, and i would argue that they were from the day of inception - the only thing they had going for them was a more lenient approach to bans, but that's starting to change too.

Which is unfortunate, because i'm in the same boat as you are in regards to Reddit.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #18007 on: February 22, 2018, 09:06:42 AM »
I went and checked, and there are some more bans with low post count noted. I don't get why they bother doing things that way if it's just going to be the same system as GAF basically.
Well, what if these new people aren't fully plugged into the RectalERA zeitgeist? Better to discard new users into the cleansing fires of deletion than have them potentially say something problematic in the future. It's easier to assume all new users are probably also secret gamegator, Nazi, Neo-Assyrian, TLJ-hating, RLM-loving Super-Fascists that just want to spread sedition and discuss Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

It's quite interesting when you consider this is an online forum that expected insane growth (I believe our former disgraced mod said they thought they'd have over 100k accounts by now  :teehee). I'm not sure how they expect to harbor a diverse and ever-growing community with these constant witch hunts, purity tests and public shamings but who am I to judge?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #18008 on: February 22, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
Looks like Lionpride has competition

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4816311/

paprikastaude

« Reply #18009 on: February 22, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
The spectacle continues  :lol  :delicious

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4812494/

Quote from: BootStompFloppy, post: 4812494, member: 34156
Actually I can hate him because he thinks less of me because of my race.
I don't even think the boards rules alow me to question your statement...
User Banned (3 Days): Intentionally ignoring site policy. Defending bigoted views.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18010 on: February 22, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
If enough people dogpile irishninja in that thread will he catch a ban? I want him to come here.

IIRC he was here when GAF imploded. He was as much of an insufferable humorless cunt as he has been anywhere else.

He did post here for like 2 hours and then fucked off. Never got dick. :'(

The more he protests this game, the more I kinda want to buy it despite 1) not needing to and 2) don't need more Eurojank in my life.

(Image removed from quote.)

He actually registered an account here back in 2014 but never posted until GAF imploded.
:idont
ど助平

SG-17

« Reply #18011 on: February 22, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
Shits falling apart.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #18012 on: February 22, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »

mods help, hard ban pls

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18013 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Hopefully we can snag some sane REfuges during this latest culling.

Resetera's loss is The Bore's gain. :rejoice

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18014 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:39 AM »

User Banned (3 Days): Intentionally ignoring site policy. Defending bigoted views.

It looks like the OP warning has been evolving?  I don't remember it being like this.

Mod Edit: We have no intention of banning discussion of this game outright, and the views of the director can be relevant. However, it is clear that there will be no peace in these threads without tighter moderation and brighter lines. Therefore if that discussion is to happen we are laying down two ground rules:

1. Vávra's views on a multitude of subjects are offensive and racist. Defense of his views will be moderated like any other defense of racism. Do not try to find sneaky ways to circumvent this ruling, like singling out Vávra for nonspecific praise or support.

2. Buying this game does not automatically make someone a horrible person and nothing will be learned or gained by anyone if you take that stance. Do not attack other members just for buying the game or enjoying mundane aspects of the game. Do not attempt to shame them.

There is room to discuss the technical aspects of the game in a manner where some actual exchange of ideas is possible -- but only if the above two conditions are met. If you do not feel you can adhere to those two conditions, do not post in these threads. Be advised that moderators may have to apply stricter penalties than usual to keep the peace.

So sneaky!
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #18015 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »
This should be an entertaining read.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bernie-blames-hillary-for-allowing-russian-interference.24946/
Pretty amazing how people get played like emotional reactionary fiddles without even questioning it. Good thing they aren’t uneducated morons like all those flyover state voters! My fake news is domestic :usacry
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18016 on: February 22, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »

Not looking good so far.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18017 on: February 22, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »
It almost feels like there's a sense of hitting the ground running, and hitting it hard, with bans following the forum maintenance.

Like more than before, users were awaiting the site coming back up so they could chat again, and being met with instant brick walls of hostility is wearing people down fast.

Amazing what a short break can do for perspective, when people go czech out the bore and gaf to see how things have been going elsewhere, before returning to their hellhole.
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #18018 on: February 22, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »
The reason KCD threads are going to shit is because the mods are treating people who come in to shit up those threads with kids gloves, maybe giving one of them a warning. While people not liking being called a fucking Nazi for liking the game getting hit with bans when they reasonably act angry being accused of being David fucking Duke for either not knowing or caring that one guy in a development team of dozens may have shitty views.

The mods say they don't want to ban discussion, but their actions makes it so that discussion can only flow in one direction, which is just a step below effectively banning discussion on the game. Same tactics GAF mods used to do all the time.

« Reply #18020 on: February 22, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »
KCD is entertaining, but the threads about it on RE are almost as entertaining and cost nothing.

paprikastaude

« Reply #18021 on: February 22, 2018, 09:52:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

oh that's that "waypoint" site that started the KDC drama? :neogaf

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18022 on: February 22, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »
Pepinappe can you please change your avatar? Preferably to Mia Sara with visible breasts?

Sorry, nothing against Mia Sara's breasts, but I'm an ass guy.

Jerry

« Reply #18023 on: February 22, 2018, 10:04:58 AM »
Pepinappe can you please change your avatar? Preferably to Mia Sara with visible breasts?

Sorry, nothing against Mia Sara's breasts, but I'm an ass guy.

You're an arse guy but you pick an arse flatter than an ironing board?
COYS

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18024 on: February 22, 2018, 10:08:19 AM »
It looked much better in the full image, honest!

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18025 on: February 22, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4814801/

If the roles were reversed tho...

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #18026 on: February 22, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18027 on: February 22, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
There’s no problem with her comments. They’re jokey and self-deprecating.

If a 27yo guy said the same thing about a 22yo girl it would also be fine.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly projecting their own personal problems, misconceptions, insecurities.
Like: Why does this upset you? It’s mind-boggling to me.

In Resetarata? Good luck.

:neogaf

thisismyusername

« Reply #18028 on: February 22, 2018, 10:29:06 AM »
I'm too old to have any proper overview of the Reddit newsfeed (and hate the design of its comments section too).

What if we voted on content and pushed it to the front page.jpg

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18029 on: February 22, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4818914/
Since this is still relevant to the thread about taking action, it's still on topic. So in that regard, "that far"? Dude, I'm 29, not 50. It's not like I missed dozens of elections. A lot of people aren't politically active coming into adulthood. And as a father, I think it's a little hurtful to say kids getting murdered is what did it. It's yet another thing to add to the pile. The entire election of Trump and the rise of toxicity in this damn country is really what's spurring a lot of people to action, including myself. There shouldn't be shaming of that, and I'm not saying that to defend myself, that goes for anyone else on this forum.
Newman still defending his non-voting. "A lot of people aren't politically active coming into adulthood" is an especially hilarious defense considering he's posting in a thread about kids being politically active BEFORE they are of voting age. :lol I can't imagine any other poster getting that kind of leeway for those posts on that board, just admit you don't care already dude.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #18030 on: February 22, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »

That's pretty fucking bad, even for post election GAF.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #18031 on: February 22, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
Shinobi just can't take the L and move on.

How do you go that far in life without voting? Even when unhappy with the candidates I've spoiled my ballot so I'm still exercising my right to vote and to show that my options given weren't satisfactory.
Some people can coast and turn a blind eye because it doesn't personally affect them.

But now we see, not even kids are safe. Not even white kids. It's kind of sad that yet another indiscriminate murder of kids is what it took.
Since this is still relevant to the thread about taking action, it's still on topic. So in that regard, "that far"? Dude, I'm 29, not 50. It's not like I missed dozens of elections. A lot of people aren't politically active coming into adulthood. And as a father, I think it's a little hurtful to say kids getting murdered is what did it. It's yet another thing to add to the pile. The entire election of Trump and the rise of toxicity in this damn country is really what's spurring a lot of people to action, including myself. There shouldn't be shaming of that, and I'm not saying that to defend myself, that goes for anyone else on this forum.

FStop7

« Reply #18032 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »
Shinobi, you’re a bitch ass.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18033 on: February 22, 2018, 10:33:03 AM »
I suppose I missed the part where they ever proved Vavra is anything.

It's just known.

Because of course it is, don't argue with the priesthood.

Yeah I'm not sure he ever said he considers non-whites to be sub-human or anything.

But everything has massive piles of baggage these days.  Everything bad is conflated with everything else bad.  if you say you ever once supported Gamergate for a minute you are racist, even though that movement seems to have been concerned with women in gaming.
Uncle

thisismyusername

« Reply #18034 on: February 22, 2018, 10:35:35 AM »

:donot :donot :donot

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:44:10 AM by thisismyusername »

Bravotyler

« Reply #18035 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:41 AM »
Looks like Lionpride has competition

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4816311/

I'm telling you guys, Black American Psycho really wants to live up to his name. I'm surprised he hasn't been hanging about the Kingdom Come threads more accusing anybody that bought it of trying to establish a white ethnostate.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18036 on: February 22, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
I think "coming into adulthood" is stretching it. These issues, and the candidates stances on them, aren't new. You had a chance to vote for Obama, and you skipped that. You had a chance to vote against Trump, even after his long, despicable campaign, and you skipped that too, while living in a swing state. Trump's toxicity is nothing new. Everyone has the freedom to vote or not vote, but you can at least pretend to feel bad about it instead of coming up with odd excuses.

There really should be shaming of people who don't care enough to vote or who protest vote.

More petty bans coming? :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #18037 on: February 22, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »
Shinobi just can't take the L and move on.

How do you go that far in life without voting? Even when unhappy with the candidates I've spoiled my ballot so I'm still exercising my right to vote and to show that my options given weren't satisfactory.
Some people can coast and turn a blind eye because it doesn't personally affect them.

But now we see, not even kids are safe. Not even white kids. It's kind of sad that yet another indiscriminate murder of kids is what it took.

Jesus Christ, he's 29 and with a kid(s) and doesn't vote. The absolute STATE of the UNITED STATES. #Mess :thatPop-GAFEmoteThatMeltsFromTheEyesIntoABlackBox

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18038 on: February 22, 2018, 10:49:08 AM »
Voting outside of local elections is actually for chumps tho.  Heck even locals.  It is quite literally the least you can do.  For all the shittiness of Reset they are collectively having more of an outcome on elections just by spreading their opinions.

Yeah thank god not everyone thinks that way.  But the fact that so many don't is what affords the rest of us the luxury.  Enough people vote that it's easy to see your own vote doesn't accomplish anything.  Attend protests and be politically active if it matters to you so much, that'll have much more of an impact than voting.

It's like clicking "like" on an anti-Kony protest and feeling like you made a difference.
Uncle

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #18039 on: February 22, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »

i actually want the most militant insane ones to come over and see them in a neutral environment.

cream coming over here was like the proper redneck gay basher who just held the gaze of the handsome fella changing the carburetor on his pickup, and doesn't want to know what to do with how great it felt.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #18040 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
The whole world went to shit in the last 5 or so years, anything is controversial or demands an absolute position either for or against.

I heard two Nigerian girls at the train station making fun of Black Panther, think the Netherlands might still be fine.

Marhunchy

« Reply #18041 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:33 AM »
the REEEEEEEING about not voting is weird as well  :doge

granted, not voting because you can't be arsed is dumb, but still...

SG-17

« Reply #18042 on: February 22, 2018, 11:04:43 AM »

Its literally the least you can do. Either do it or don't  bitch when you get fucked by the people who you didn't bother to vote against.

SG-17

« Reply #18043 on: February 22, 2018, 11:05:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4820081/

Hey look, defending pedophiles. It really is just nuGAF.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #18044 on: February 22, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »
My Papua New Guinea roommate told me he thought it was weird that the movie's two white characters only purpose in the movie is to be idiots who are wrong about stuff so that the black characters can be their foil.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18045 on: February 22, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »

it's just funny that if it was any other user, they'd be banned by now and the insulter would probably be made a mod within a week. but since it's an admin/shill suddenly "shaming isn't the answer" and "that's not how we do things here"

agrajag

« Reply #18046 on: February 22, 2018, 11:13:43 AM »

I feel like Creamgate has spurred some activity for whatever reason

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #18047 on: February 22, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »

Florida has vote by mail so the users aren't wrong when they say it would've taken less effort than the thread Shinobi made about Mass Effect.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-played-3-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda-thoughts-so-far.1352471/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4820081/

Hey look, defending pedophiles. It really is just nuGAF.

Hopefully Amir0x is welcomed back with open arms.

:rejoice

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #18048 on: February 22, 2018, 11:20:59 AM »

It's just a numbers game for them.

More voter participation means it's more likely the people they want to win will do better. That's the theory anyways.

That's why they support things like mandatory voting or internet voting.

Jerry

« Reply #18049 on: February 22, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »
Buy a game made by a controversial creator? FUCK YOU

Don't like a superhero film made by black people? FUCK YOU

Think pedophiles are scum? Woah woah woah, hold on there, lets have a nuanced debate based on reason.
COYS

Shuri

« Reply #18050 on: February 22, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
Shinobi should step down as a mod. That debacle was terribly handled.

Marhunchy

« Reply #18051 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:17 AM »

it's just funny that if it was any other user, they'd be banned by now and the insulter would probably be made a mod within a week. but since it's an admin/shill suddenly "shaming isn't the answer" and "that's not how we do things here"

talking about more broadly

dude in question basically said he couldn't be arsed

in the last ten years  :paul

then again i don't have an american perspective, i'm still kinda suprised about the voting suppression phenomenon  :doge

SG-17

« Reply #18052 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:23 AM »
Hey guys, apparently I'm worse than pedophiles because I hate pedophiles.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4821039

Baiano19

« Reply #18053 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:41 AM »
If you think about it, if both were released 5  or 8 years ago there would be almost no drama.

I wonder what's the end game of this radicalization. It's getting fucking annoying.

Nah, I'd wager outside of certain US bubbles it's fine. I haven't heard anyone around here whining about Kingdom Come and I don't think there was any backlash when recently a German film reviewing show I watch came to the consensus that Black Panther was generic and overhyped because of US reviewers' agenda. Though there's also some Antifa goons and hipsters over here, in my occasional working field in leftwing media and friend groups of leftwing university students (from all over EU) we also watch South Park, play Cards of Humanity, make inappropriate jokes, call Hillary an incompetent shitheel, hug colleagues of the opposite gender *gasp*, etc. with the knowledge that we ain't neonazis. And occasionally laugh at the thought of total distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who judge progressiveness by how you talk about entertainment media, in a country in which that should be the last thing to tackle when it comes to alleged progressive politics (i.e. that same entertainment media is the only reason the world might still have some respect left for the US to begin with :) ).

I dunno. I live in Brazil, Sao Paulo, and there is a lot of extremism and SJW here. Brazil and Platy are right at home in Reeee, hell one of them is even a mod.

My brother became a sjw in Argentina, and he is barely a comunist.

Some places are more affected, but it seems like a worldwide event.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #18054 on: February 22, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

I heard two Nigerian girls at the train station making fun of Black Panther, think the Netherlands might still be fine.

I hope you put those racists in their place.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #18055 on: February 22, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
Hey guys, apparently I'm worse than pedophiles because I hate pedophiles.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4821039
You want people locked up for being a certain way (even if that way is monstrous), rather than for acting a certain way. I don't know why you think that's reasonable. Nevermind doable.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:24:17 PM by Rufus »

tummyfat

« Reply #18056 on: February 22, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
Shinobi hates voting, like when people voted with their wallets when Mass Effect Andromeda came out

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #18057 on: February 22, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
I hope you put those racists in their place.

One of the girls mimmicked superhero moves and laughed at it. Obviously I was too busy ogling the scene.

nudemacusers

« Reply #18058 on: February 22, 2018, 11:34:46 AM »
Newman still defending his non-voting. "A lot of people aren't politically active coming into adulthood" is an especially hilarious defense considering he's posting in a thread about kids being politically active BEFORE they are of voting age. :lol I can't imagine any other poster getting that kind of leeway for those posts on that board, just admit you don't care already dude.
Dude still getting got lmao. And yeah, reset and gaf would straight up shit on 3rd party voters in swing states for fucking up America but this guy has skipped at least two elections flat out and he’s getting coddled :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #18059 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
It is so fucking weird how GAF/ERA has this undercurrent of pedo apologism yet goes absolutely nuts when it comes to even perceived forms of sexism (Ansari Aziz) and racism (Vavra). The lines they choose to draw is fucking weird.